The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (76) « First ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Forge World News & Releases, News from FW, plus new Eldar!
Vinnie
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 08:36 PM

Sergeant

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 778

A very impressive miniature, and no mistake, but with just one problem... it is just a Warjack. I don't want to sneeze at Forge World, but their whole daemon engine range does nothing for me if I'm honest.

Those blast doors, on the other hand! xD I absolutely need need NEED a Zone Mortalis, with, like, hundreds and millions of blast doors!!!1!!ONE! -nerdsquee-
Noserenda
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 09:41 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 775

Damn that beast is awesome, if warjacks looked that good id spend a lot more on Warmachine biggrin.gif

The Doors are also sweet but a bit pricy! (Hes says about forgeworld...) wink.gif
Arden Fell
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 10:09 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 534

Why on earth would you post a picture of your £9 Storm Laser that shows the molding qualilty to be that bad?

It my be chaos but I'm pretty sure they would draw the line at having bent gun barrels with massive chunks out of them. huh.gif

We all know that's what we'll get, when we open our overly priced postage package, but you dont have to make it so obvious that you dont care anymore FW. laugh.gif
cobra6
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 10:32 PM

Gladiator Captain

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 1,041

I'm also not getting my hair blown back by the Decimator.

Daemon engines should be impossible, twisted mechanical mostrosities out of a madman's nightmare. Something designed by Heritor Asphodel. Like the one pictured in the Sabbat Worlds background book , with a front-end loader that scoops people up and dumps them into a giant meatgrinder suspended over the machine so their blood drizzles down all over it and feeds the daemonic essence.

Not a dred on creatine, with a reaper autocannon and a pointy powerfist. All the proof I need: anybody looking at this thing for the first time will say "is that some kind of big drednaught, or something?" dry.gif
Brother Handro
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 01:02 AM

Scion of Barbarus

Member No.: 47

I really like the Decimator, it's kinda on the scale of how I imagine dreadnaughts should be. It would be awesome as a pre-heresy World Eaters dread tho' a shame/pain to scrape the detail off.

Think it would work best as an early-heresy bound daemon-dread with the Word Bearers or Iron Warriors.

Actually now that I think about it it's perfect as a dread accompaniment to a true-scale army.

Having said I liked it, I do have to agree with others and conclude that I can't truly like it that much as it hasn't immediately got me calculating how much it would knock off my bank balance. laugh.gif
TyraelVladinhurst
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 02:30 AM

Sergeant

Member No.: 154

it's not over yet, chaos are getting another deamon engine called the Dessicator
Angels_Blade
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 07:58 AM

Real-life Lazarus

Group: Champions
Member No.: 59

its nice but lets be honest here its a freeking GW warjack!
lord_caldera
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 05:35 PM

Brother-Chaplain

Member No.: 422

At least this warjack's legs look like they could support it. I'd love one, just wish the stupid arms weren't so expensive.
cobra6
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 01:21 AM

Gladiator Captain

Member No.: 1,041

Betcha the Dessicator is a Decimator with a different weapons loadout. I hope I'm wrong.

Here are some ideas for some huge, awesome looking daemon engines by Forgeworld: Cauldron of Blood, Tower of Skulls, Death Dealer, Doom Blaster, Questor Scout Titan, Subjugator Scout Titan, Hellknight. Can you imagine a FW version of a Lord of Battles, how incredible that might look? I don't really even play Chaos anymore, and I think I would pay several grand, cash on the barrel, for one of those!
Magos Explorator
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 02:55 AM

Mechanicum Envoy

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (cobra6 @ Mar 13 2012, 08:21 PM)
Questor Scout Titan, Subjugator Scout Titan, Hellknight

Yes. These in particular would be awesome. We already have the Brass Scorpion, which is one of my favourite kits (and mine is waiting until I can devote some dedicated time to it), so it'd be nice to expand on some of the other Epic-scale concepts.
Noserenda
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 11:08 AM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 775

Lord of battles would be cool, ill bet thats on their Titan guys list after the gargant (So years away sad.gif )
Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 08:28 PM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

As the 40K-ers drooled over the Decimator, maybe the WHFB players will drool over the Warpfire Dragon, £40.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/WARPFIRE_DRAGON.html

user posted image
Warpfire Dragon pictured with "Ronson". Well he had to be named something, and try saying 'Ronson, Run!' fast a few times!

The fell beasts named by scholars as Warpfire Dragons are hateful and ruinous creatures, albeit thankfully a rare sight in the Old World. Their long, charred-black bodies constantly twitch and shudder as if tormented by unseen blades, and clusters of strange crystals mar their scaled hides. The very air about them throbs with tainted power, and their breath is like no other dragonís; a coruscating blast of scintillating red-black lightning that can scorch even ethereal spirits and other creatures of magic.

The destructive power and twisted form of a Warpfire Dragon is fuelled and maintained by devouring pure warpstone. Only the mighty constitution of a dragon could withstand the effects of so much concentrated power without it being torn to pieces, although the violent death of such a creature often leads to a spectacular and explosive end. The scarcity of warpstone often brings a Warpfire Dragon into conflict with the Skaven, and it is with the promise of this immensely powerful material that the most arrogant (or insane) of wizards will seek to strike a bargain with the creature; although it is said that even the legendary Binding Scrolls of Kadon are not enough to fully control such a malign and wicked beast.

This magnificently detailed kit stands just over 5" tall with a 9" wingspan, making a fantastic centrepiece for any Warhammer army.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Experimental rules from the forthcoming Warhammer Forge: Monstrous Arcanum are available to download here.
malika
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 01:06 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 661

The head looks amazing, so does the pose. But the rest of his body seems a bit...I dunno...less exciting.
ShroudFilm
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 02:41 PM

The Second Heretic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I can confirm that the running peasant's name is Johann. laugh.gif
Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 07:12 PM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

Can his surname be Ronson, please?
son of the forest
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 03:28 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 125

New Forgeworld releases today, 2 Minotaurs Characters and a Rapier Destroyer, loving the sergeant for the destroyer!

user posted image
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ASTE..._MINOTAURS.html

user posted image
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SPAC..._DESTROYER.html

This post has been edited by ShroudFilm on Mar 23 2012, 04:41 PM
Azkaellon
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 04:46 PM

The Sanguinor

Member No.: 926

just put in an order and had to add stuff to get it over £250, i completely forgot it was friday! these look brilliant
Calas Typhon
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 04:47 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,204

oh. my. GOD!

Damn it ForgeWorld shut up and take my money!! laugh.gif
Man not only am i starting a PH Death Guard army, now i have to start
a Minotaurs army thanks to Asteran Moloc...
TyraelVladinhurst
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 05:25 PM

Sergeant

Member No.: 154

QUOTE (Calas Typhon @ Mar 23 2012, 10:47 AM)
oh. my. GOD!

Damn it ForgeWorld shut up and take my money!! laugh.gif
Man not only am i starting a PH Death Guard army, now i have to start
a Minotaurs army thanks to Asteran Moloc...

or just convert him to your deathguard, i know i'm going to add him in one of my legions
BigWill
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 06:24 PM

The Sigillite

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 17

That chaplain looks just like how I picture Sevatar
Look like the capt has PH termie shoulders at least the left one anyhow.
Can the Termie upgrade be far behind.
I alos see a whole lot of crests,I hope they have a capt character upgrade in the works
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (76) « First ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1298 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring