Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
|Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
, from Horus Heresy novels
Member No.: 137
Joined: 28-February 08
A list of canonical Xeno species encountered in the Great Crusade/Heresy era.Auretian Technocracy* Human civilisation.
* Led by Fabricator Consul.
* STC technology gave them power armour/boltgun etc equivalents; thought troops (the Brotherhood) were not geno-enhanced.
* Defeated by World Eaters.Echvehnurth* A Chaos-tainted rebellious human military force.
* Inhabited Nurth
* Wore pink silk robes and silvered breastplates engraved with their symbols, entwined reeds and crocodilia. Instead of banners, their formations trailed kites.
* Possessed forms of armoured fighting vehicles, as well as firearms, but preferred to fight with a pattern of polearm called a Falx.Interex* Human civilisation.
* Allied with Xeno races such as Kinebrach.
* Discovered by 63rd Expedition (Luna Wolves et al.)Laer * Non-humanoid xenos exterminated by the Emperor's Children (pre-Heresy) during the 28th Expedition.Megarachnid * Fearsome and violent Xenos race, resembling giant spiders and winged insects.
* Long sword-like claws which appeared to be made from an organic metallic substance.
* Lived and worked in large swarms.
* Defeated in distant past by Interex, and exiled to Urisarach.
* Fought by Blood Angels, Emperor's Children and Luna Wolves.
+++A link to Lexicanium's list of all sentient species in 40k for further inspiration.
A template for people to use for further entries. Remove the space after each '[' to complete.
[ b]CIVILISATION/SPECIES NAME[ /b]
[ i]* [TYPE OF CIVILISATION]
* [FURTHER INFO]
* [FURTHER INFO]
* [FURTHER INFO][ /i]
Please feel free to add additional info/species. It'd be good to have an entry on the Cabal, and some more info on the Laer!
Member No.: 13
Joined: 15-January 08
*Reptilian based race
*Technological level unrecorded
*Home planet, Keylek, possible Death World
*Society Abhor war. Built special Battlefields, designated as 'Slaughterhouses' by Imperial forces, which were reserved for combat.
*Though the Keylekid waited to meet Imperials in Slaughterhouses, the Imperials waged standard war and wiped them out.
*Machine race, artificial sentiency violates Imperial law.
*Commanded by a machine called the Archdroid, on their world of Dahinta.
*They lived within once fine now derelict cities, waging a loosing battle to repair maintain these cities against the ravages of Millennia.
*After their total defeat and destruction, it was discovered that they were the product of Human science. They oversaw the cities for a civilisation of humans long extinct.
*As the battles were fought only by Astartes it is possible they would have welcomed Humans back as their masters thus enabling an easy compliance.
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.Learn More
· Register Now