The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

Fiction contest?
TyraelVladinhurst
Posted: Oct 30 2012, 07:23 PM

Sergeant

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 154

QUOTE (EdFortune @ Oct 30 2012, 11:21 AM)
It's almost November. Anyone know if they'll be another contest this year?

if i had to guess, i'd say no seeing as we still haven't gotten the results from last year
Arden Fell
Posted: Oct 30 2012, 08:51 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 534

There's not really any reason why we cant just have a normal writing comp if Shroud's workload is going to prevent a BL celebrity, professionally edited one is there?

The tried and tested user submission, then forum users poll could provide a break from the killer tension building wait of the polished & tweaked ones.

Only prize would the honour and glory, and general ability to look down your nose at others-ness of being crowned the 2013 champ.

Just a suggestion...... wink.gif
malika
Posted: Oct 30 2012, 08:52 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 661

I would love to join in. I remember discussing here to maybe organise one, but I'm really short on time lately. I might be able to join in and write a story though...
ahriman
Posted: Oct 30 2012, 10:10 PM

Scion of Magnus

Group: Champions
Member No.: 548

Yeah, our plans for mini-competitions never really took off though I did have some ideas of how it could work. Nothing ground-breaking but there were some ideas about how to mix things up a bit.

I would be more than willing to run a series of lesser competitions that held some sort of theme and no prize other than pride and the joy of reading other's works if people are interested.

I'd also be interested in taking part in the annual one and see no reason why we couldn't hold one without the aid of the great and time stricken shroud, wouldn't take much just someone to open a thread and collect all of the submissions and we could even group together to buy some sort of prize, though truthfully I don't know how difficult that would be to organise. Maybe they could get some bonus or gift if they attended the TGC meet than is being organised.
Fingol23
Posted: Dec 2 2012, 03:30 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 659

Is there anyway we can at least see the stories from last years competition? Even if it is in an unedited form?
Tim the Corsair
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 03:32 AM

Hearteater

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 1,115

Not to flog a dead grox, but is there any news regarding this?

The reason I ask is due to the whole forum being shutdown and userbase relocating thing.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0283 seconds · Archive
Warvault
Webring