The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ullanor, Which legions?
Drew
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 10:06 AM

Scout

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 19

Just a quick question. Which legions are known to have fought together in the Ullanor campaign? I'm putting together a mixed legion force based around this time and so any help would be appreciated. I know the details are in the novels (I think where Loken is recalling the end of the campaign and Horus is offered the title of Warmaster???) but I've left them at home while i'm at uni. Foolish I know.

Drew
VESPASIAN
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 11:07 AM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 3

During the Ullanor Crusade, Horus utilised other Legions to attack the outer worlds of the Ullanor sector itself. This was a ploy to deliberately draw the Ork forces away from the central system where Ork Overlord Urlakk Urg ruled from his fortress-palace.

Whilst these Legions,supported by newly raised Imperial Guard Units attacked the outer planets, the Luna Wolves Fleet headed directly for the central system and attacked Urlakk's fortress-palace.

So the answer to your question is very much dependent upon which part of the Ullanor Crusade, you wish to recreate.
Drew
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 01:29 PM

Scout

Hmmm I didn't think in that much detail. I'm not all that fussed about any specific points just reasonably legitimate combinations of Legions. For example would Ultras, Luna Wolves and Dark Angels be ok or would they not have been found together at all. An feasible combos will be considered! Theres no paint on the few models i've put together so far so all suggestions welcome!

Drew
rohanboi
Posted: Jan 20 2008, 02:06 PM

Sergeant

Member No.: 15

lol orkys got out smarted...surprise there tongue.gif
umm EC and luna wolves..?
The Fabricator General
Posted: Jan 20 2008, 04:08 PM

Scout

Member No.: 51

Have you had alook in Horus rising? The legions present on that enormous man made plane for Horu's namming as warmaster are the legions that took part in the campaign I believe. The only ones I can remember are the Ultramarines and the Sons of Horus.
VESPASIAN
Posted: Jan 20 2008, 04:48 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Unfortunately the book doesn't say explicitly in that section which Legions took part in the Ullanor campaign (Page 331 onwards, Horus Rising)

This is further exacebated by the fact that the occasion wasn't just the Triumph for the Ullanor campaign, but it was also the Coronation of the Warmaster, as well as the farewell for the Emperor's departure for Terra.

As a result there were 14 Legions represented at the Triumph, along with Imperial Guard, Titan Legions and others; as would be expected of such an immense occasion.

Untill more details are written or found then I think that you could probably make up a mixed force of various Legions. However you need to remember that the Luna Wolves fleet was the speartip of the Imperial forces attacking the central planet alone (whilst the other Legions attacked outlying planets). So whatever force you create it either has to be exclusively Luna Wolves (with perhaps Imperial Guard etc in support) or it has to be a mixed Legion force that does not include the Luna Wolves.
Drew
Posted: Jan 20 2008, 04:55 PM

Scout

So whatever force you create it either has to be exclusively Luna Wolves (with perhaps Imperial Guard etc in support) or it has to be a mixed Legion force that does not include the Luna Wolves.

Thats what I was worried about. I really like the Luna Wolves but I can cope with not having them in the force. I'd quite like to include 3 legions. Most likely Ultras, DA and one other. Not sure which as yet. I'd like a legion which doesn't have a similar colour scheme to the others. But not EC. Don't know why but I really don't like the whole purple thing.
BigWill
Posted: Jan 20 2008, 04:57 PM

The Sigillite

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 17

I read somewhere That the actual battle was the LW, white scars,and ultras
VESPASIAN
Posted: Jan 20 2008, 05:00 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Can you remember whereabouts that was at all, as its not somthing that I've ever heard of?
VESPASIAN
Posted: Aug 15 2008, 08:32 PM

Veteran Sergeant

QUOTE (BigWill @ Jan 20 2008, 04:57 PM)

Just an update for this thread.

The Luna Wolves attacked the core planet of Ullanor; whilst the Ultramarines and White Scars attacked the outlying planets of the Ullanor system (False Gods Page 92): which served to draw away most of the Ork Armada and forces from the central planet where Ork Overlord Urlakk Urg had his fortress.

Thereby allowing the Luna Wolves speartip to strike at the Ork Overlord's fortress world.
Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: Aug 15 2008, 11:13 PM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

The Emperor's Children appear to have been there, at least for the Triumph, if not the battle.

Fulgrim page 26:
Gathered together in a single system, the Laer had been one of the first species encountered by the Emperor's Children after taking their leave from the Luna Wolves and the great triumph on Ullanor.
VESPASIAN
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 12:22 AM

Veteran Sergeant

Yes, they were present at the Triumph, along with 13 other Legions; but were not involved in the fighting.

This?' said Horus. 'This is nothing. At Ullanor, six hundred vessels anchored above the planet of the green skin. My entire Legion went to war that day, girl. We covered the land with our soldiers: over two million Army soldiers, a hundred Titans of the Mechanicum and all the slaves we freed from the green skin labour camps,’
And all led by the Emperor,’ said Petronella.
'Yes,’ said Horus. 'All led by the Emperor...'
'Did -any other Legions fight on Ullanor?'
'Guilliman and the Khan, their Legions helped clear the outer systems with diversionary attacks, but my war­riors won the day, the best of the best slogging through blood and dirt. It was I who led the Justaerin speartip to final victory
,’
False Gods Page 92
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0382 seconds · Archive
Warvault
Webring