The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

does anyone know what primarchs was present at the
Michaelangelos
Posted: Sep 29 2010, 07:17 PM

Sergeant

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 853

does anyone know what primarchs was present at the siege of terra?

i need to know the chaos ones the most as i am typing a story about a legion just before siege of terror

i know that horus(obv) was and i think perturabo

im not sure

can anynoe help me with this?

Thanks.Mike
Brother-Sergeant Ziegler
Posted: Sep 29 2010, 08:51 PM

Scout

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 867

Collected Visions mentions Angron, Mortarion, and Lorgar being at the head of the invading ground forces. Magnus the Red and Fulgrim were on the ground too, while Horus was on his flagship. I'm not sure if Perturabo was there.

The Loyalists had Sanguinius, Rogal Dorn, and Jaghatai Khan present.
Michaelangelos
Posted: Sep 29 2010, 08:57 PM

Sergeant

thanks but how the hell could magnus be there?

i thought that magnus was too busy fighting leman russ then he teleported his whole legion to a planet on the eye of terror. So for him to be there would be a miracle plus he wouldnt have any troops with him

a bit of cannonfodder i presume?
Kidjal
Posted: Sep 29 2010, 09:22 PM

Scout

Member No.: 719

I dont think magnus was there either..
Michaelangelos
Posted: Sep 29 2010, 11:12 PM

Sergeant

i have looked up

Who were are the siege:Horus,perturabo,fulgrim

Who was on the way:mortarian(nearly got there,hit by a warp storm),Lorgar(Ambushed Ultramarines Instead)

i think thats right

anyone think otherwise?
Brother-Sergeant Ziegler
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 12:04 AM

Scout

I took that information directly from The Horus Heresy: Collected Visions. It goes on to describe the battle in Volume IV: Visions of Death under the heading 'The Siege of Terra.' I know fluff changes randomly, especially when dealing with the new Horus Heresy books, but take from it what you will. This could also be another "Furious Abyss" affect, where the author has taken too many artistic liberties.
Pacific
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 12:41 AM

Captain

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 260

Remember that the assault on Prospero happens before (or around the same time?) as Istvaan.. Magnus had a full 7 years to get his stuff together and be at the siege of Terra. After the destruction of his homeworld, I'm sure he would take great pains to be there at the assault on his father's.

Brother-Sergeant Ziegler, Collected Visions was orchestrated by Alan Merrett, the overseer of the whole HH project. The HH books have stuck to it by the letter so far, and I don't think it's that likely that this kind of thing will change.
Brother-Sergeant Ziegler
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 04:22 AM

Scout

Pacific- Good to know. I wasn't sure since there have been several discrepancies involving some of the novels.
Kharn
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 06:42 AM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 30

Not sure about Magnus, but I remember reading that Ahriman was there with a bunch of the strongest psychers from the 1000 Sons.
The Red Sorcerer
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 10:30 AM

Master of the Archives

Group: Lore Masters
Member No.: 72

QUOTE (Michaelangelos @ Sep 29 2010, 11:12 PM)
Who was on the way:mortarian(nearly got there,hit by a warp storm)

Actually, Mortarian certainly did make it - the warp storm delayed him, but there's plenty of background showing that the Death Guard and their Primarch made it to the Siege (although they arrived as Plague Marines due to the changes the Legion suffered in the Warp).
Lorgar(Ambushed Ultramarines Instead)

The Battle for Calth was at the very beginning of the Heresy, so Lorgar had several years to make it to Terra for the Siege. The Collected Visions background certainly mentions him being there, so barring retcons/fresh background, he was present.

Peturabo was present as well, at least going by background so far - he's not metioned in Collected Visions but the Iron Warriors Index Astartes mentions him being there and supervising the breaching of the Palace walls. Slightly older background, but I can't see them changing it - its the culmination of the IW and Imperial Fists siege rivalry really, with Peturabo assaulting the Palace defences constructed by Dorn. Amusingly enough, the lack of mention in Collected Visions mirrors the way the Iron Warriors were treated during the Great Crusade itself, with their Primarch's contributions often not being noted, or reduced to a footnote, overshadowed by the actions of the more glamourous Legions and Primarchs - not sure if this is intentional though. biggrin.gif

Kurze wasn't there, having based himself on Tsulgasa and embarked on a random campaign of attrocities. There's no mention of Alpharius' presence there either, though given the AL's notorious secrecy, future releases may reveal he was there after all ninja.gif

So, at present the background has the following Primarch's present:

Traitors: Horus, Mortarion, Fulgrim, Angron, Magnus, Peturabo, Lorgar
Loyalists: Dorn, Sanguinius, Khan

This post has been edited by The Red Sorcerer on Sep 30 2010, 10:33 AM
Kidjal
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 11:28 AM

Scout

Member No.: 719

Lorgar wasnt actually at calth was he? It was Kor Phaeron who led that attack.
The Red Sorcerer
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 11:47 AM

Master of the Archives

Going by Collected Visions, Lorgar initially led the overall attack on the Ultramar system and commanded the fleet directly, while Kor Phaeron commanded the actual planetary assault on Calth itself. So he was in the vicinity at least - the Lorgar's fleet destroyed several planets in the Ultramar/Calth system from orbit. It seems he left Kor Phaeron to it once the fighting on Calth itself begun.
Michaelangelos
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 03:31 PM

Sergeant

so basically

nearly ever heretic primarch was there?

not alpharus,no konrad kurse?

and where was angron?
Cloud Runner
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 04:08 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 86

Ripping apart the Blood Angels at the front doors!!

He awas there too.
The Red Sorcerer
Posted: Sep 30 2010, 05:22 PM

Master of the Archives

And in the older background, having a very intense staring contest with his ol' buddy/rival Sanguinius:
Angron strode forth. In his brazen voice he demanded that the loyalists surrender. He told them that their cause was hopeless, as they faced a foe which could not be defeated. They were cut off, outnumbered, and defending a ruler too weak to be worthy of their loyalty. In that moment the men on the walls felt their resolve weaken. Looking at the transformed face of the Primarch who had once been one of the Emperor's finest warriors, they saw an invincible, relentless foe backed by a numberless horde and all the daemonic might of Chaos.

There was a clamour on the walls as Sanguinius and the Blood Angels arrived. Standing on the wall, the angel-winged Primarch glared on Angron with angry contempt. For long moments their gazes locked, each Primarch seemed to be measuring the other, searching for chinks in the armour, for any sign of weakness and lack of resolve. Who knows what they saw there? Perhaps they communicated telepathically, brother Primarch to brother Primarch. The truth will never be known. Eventually Angron turned and walked back to his lines. He told his troops that there would be no surrender; they should kill everyone they found within the palace. No stone should be left upon stone.
Michaelangelos
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 04:47 PM

Sergeant

so instead of saying who did

lets say who didnt

leman russ,lion el jonson,roboute gulliman any more?
Cloud Runner
Posted: Oct 5 2010, 12:25 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 86

Loyalist - Corax, Vulkan, Ferrus (obviously!!)

Traitor - Alpharius, Kurze - possibly Lorgar, depending upon what you read/infer from sources.

Pretty sure there were elements of the Word ebarers around, under the governship or Sor Talgron, but not sure ifthe Golden Oldie turned up at all.

I think Perturabo was around too, and it's scertainly inferred from the Epilogue in Fallen Angels that he's gonna be besieing somethign with daemon powerd mega tanks.

Hope that helps
Mithras
Posted: Oct 5 2010, 10:22 PM

Assassin-at-Marque

Group: Champions
Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Michaelangelos @ Oct 4 2010, 08:47 AM)
so instead of saying who did

lets say who didnt

leman russ,lion el jonson,roboute gulliman any more?

Loyalists who WERE there:

- Rogal Dorn (defending the palace)
- Jaghatai Khan (sorties outside the palace)
- Sanguinius (in command of Imperial forces; slain by Horus)

Loyalists who weren't there:

- Corax (rebuilding legion)
- Robute Guilliman (either en route or consolidating after Calth)
- Lion El'Johnson (en route)
- Ferrus Mannus (Dead)
- Leman Russ (en route, apparently didn't make it in time due to battle in space with the Alphas)
- Vulkan (rebuilding legion)

Traitors who WERE there:

- Angron (leading the breaching forces)
- Fulgrim (he was there - or rather, the daemon who had possessed him was; his role is unclear to me)
- Horus (directing Traitor forces)
- Mortarion (in orbit at least; role during the siege unclear)
- Peturabo (directing Siege Operations; one gets the impression that much of the Traitor armor was under his command as well)

Traitors who weren't there:

- Alpharius/Omegon (very curiously absent, despite his/their tactical acumen; engaged elsewhere - possibly intentionally if Legion is anything to go on)
- Konrad Kurze (engaged elsewhere)
- Magnus (still regrouping after Prospero, if memory serves)

Unaccounted for:

- Lorgar (possibly consolidating after loss at Calth? As for the Word Bearers there, we still aren't quite sure what they were doing.)
- The "Lost" Primarchs (not there, so far as anybody knows, although current fluff still says that records were destroyed AFTER the Horus Heresy.)

I think that's about it. May have forgotten someone!

-Mithras
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0537 seconds · Archive
Warvault
Webring