The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

pre heresy weapons
Mike xVx
Posted: Jun 5 2008, 09:55 PM

Raw Recruit

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 253

Whats the deat with combi weapons, thunder hammers, and multimeltas?

sorry if this is answered somewhere else.
Yvraith
Posted: Jun 5 2008, 10:37 PM

Mournival Captain

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 25

There's a thread in the Q&A section. (link provided below.)

Unification & Heresy Weapons

But off the top of my head,
Combi weapons were about.
Thunder hammers & Multimeltas i'm not too sure on, sorry.

Hope this helps. smile.gif
Weiss
Posted: Jun 6 2008, 06:51 AM

Iron Father

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 9

Thunder hammers, I believe did exist. Eidolon carries one, and there is mention in Flight Of The Eisenstein on Page 195 of two Death Guard from the Command Squad of the 2nd Great Company carrying "heavy combat hammers".
Yvraith
Posted: Jun 6 2008, 01:01 PM

Mournival Captain

QUOTE (Weiss @ Jun 6 2008, 04:51 PM)
Thunder hammers, I believe did exist. Eidolon carries one, and there is mention in Flight Of The Eisenstein on Page 195 of two Death Guard from the Command Squad of the 2nd Great Company carrying "heavy combat hammers".

Of course, how stupid of me.
(More "Hail Warmasters!" for me then. biggrin.gif)
Weiss
Posted: Jun 6 2008, 01:25 PM

Iron Father

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 9

You're doing well with those...
Apologist
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 09:34 AM

Archmagos Veneratus

Group: Champions
Member No.: 137

Thunder hammers per se certainly were post-heresy at least up until 3rd ed. Chaos Terminators had to make do with their forerunners, power mauls.

Of course, that doesn't prevent you using 'power hammers' or similar, but if you wanted to be conservative in your interpretation, count them simply as power weapons rather than thunder hammers.

With all of these sorts of questions, I always err on the side of caution while there probably were Thunder Hammers or plasma cannons or whatever, they're not particularly associated with the pre-heresy era. By including them (or things that look like thunder hammers etc), you dilute the pre-heresy appearance and impact.

Basically, my approach is: if in doubt, leave it out.
I actually find these sorts of restrictions improve the feel of my army, as it forces me to try new things and approaches.

As a final thought, you should always do what you like after all, screw the rules and do what's cool: there's always an explanation! smile.gif
Kharn
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 04:56 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 30

I'm not sure if they are thunder hammers, but Perturabo and his first captain both carry hammers of some kind.
Mike xVx
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 08:13 PM

Raw Recruit

Member No.: 253

I was looking through the horus heresy collected visions book, and came across 2 plasma cannons that marines were holding. I also saw a squad of longfangs with assault cannons.
Yvraith
Posted: Jun 10 2008, 04:58 AM

Mournival Captain

If you count the new Horus Heresy novels as Fluff (Meoww * Snap*) biggrin.gif
Xayver Jubal's Helbore Squad of the Luna Wolves used a Plasma Cannon in Horus Rising (Pg 20).

Assault Cannons however were still in the prototype stage during the Crusade.
Some of the Artwork has to be taken with a grain of salt unfortunately. dry.gif
Dargor
Posted: Jun 26 2008, 05:56 PM

Lord of the Angelic Host

Member No.: 261

I'd say that as all plasma weaponry is "ancient and revered" in 40k then some cannons would definitely be around during the heresy.Whenever i'm in doubt i say its experimental weaponry,but then again thats the joy of being daddy's favoured kids(pun intented biggrin.gif )...

I guess we can take the HH books as cannon,since the whole story of inter-Legion cleansing and Angron getting down on Istvaan III from GiF was included in the latest chaos codex.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0334 seconds · Archive
Warvault
Webring