With reference to this blogger's report on the event Collegia Titanica blog
There was other stuff, but in direct relation to Pre-Heresy:
- “Will you be making the Primarchs?”
“If you’ve read the Black Library books you’ll understand when I tell you ‘I can’t say’.”
- They want to make all the weapon options/units available they can to “stop little companies springing up in Poland”.
- The Marine armour variants were testing the waters for a HH series, which they have been working on for a year or so.
- They are working closely with Black Library to include bits of each other’s work (the Caestus appears in Fear to Tread for example). This also means they don’t mess anything up, and might even lead to BL characters appearing in mini form.
- Mechanicus? Almost certainly, but not for a while - it’s something Mark really really wants to do.
- They know it can’t be all marines all the time, and there will be xenos and non-marine forces dealt with in time.
- First book will begin at the start of the Heresy, but the lists will be designed to show off pre-Heresy forces and their fighting styles, as no divergence into chaos had happened yet.
- The Horus Heresy series is going to be ongoing, much like the Imperial Armour books, and each line will have a separate team working on it.
- The HH series is designed in such a way that people can use their existing armies as much as possible.
- Running quotes: “It’ll be like Christmas… it’ll blow your minds.”
This seminar was literally just under an hour, and it was straight into the design team one with Jes, Kevin Chin and Jeremy Vetock.
A couple of notes:
- The news that Mechanicum might be coming at some point will make a lot of people happy.
- Xenos/non-marine armies? Yes please! Although it will be interesting to see how this is woven into the fabric of the Heresy (something that is characterised by masses of marines fragging each other). Possibly divergence into Great-Crusade era stuff? I can't imagine the books going backwards chronologically, but not sure how else that would be worked?
- Interested to see what the legion-specific impressions will be.
- Others have wanted to stop 'little things happening in Poland' in the past, but previously it has always been through the use of a Panzer tank! :D Bonus us for us is that presumably there will be a mass of little bits and pieces coming along, especially if they are hoping to cover everything that the likes of Maxmini/Kromlech have produced.
well in regards to xenos and non-marine stuff it's not that hard to bring this into heresy era stuff. non-marine probably means imperial army and mechanicus... and then in regards to xenos, the eldar have already popped up in fulgrim (although this is before Isstvan) but from what i've seen we're going to be seeing eldar during the heresy in one of the new novels coming at some point over the next year or so (i forget the name). and it may be that we see something to do with the cabal which is also xenos.
also in the alpha legion story from the primarchs novel, the white scars were fighting orks and that was set during the heresy as well.
Exciting stuff, maybe they will include an Exodites list... as this would be a really nice way to do it.
After all that is who the Salamanders were fighting in Promethean Sun...