Photographing Epic-scale models
Epic models can be tricky to photograph. I spent a bit of time yesterday experimenting, and the best solution I've found is to:
1) Set up a clean white background (such as a piece of printer paper) near clear daylight (but out of direct sunlight) and place your models on it.
2) Set your ISO
to the lowest setting (my camera's lowest setting is ISO 80).
3) Set the image size to as large as you can.
4) Activate the Macro mode (generally indicated by a little tulip or flower symbol)
5) Set your camera to a short time delay or use a tripod (this will prevent the camera shaking from you pressing the button to shoot.
6) Set the camera well back from the models, rest it on something solid and press the shutter to focus on your models. Check the camera is focussed properly before pressing to shoot.
7) Once you've got the shot, open it in your image editing software and crop excess background out.
8) Upload and let us all coo at your skill and dedication :)