Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Forbidden Fruit. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

"The phrase “bite my head off” was not entirely a figure of speech when it came to Leah." - Bella Swan
Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]  ( Go to first unread post )

Visitor
stormy
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 08:02 AM

Bloodthirsty Vampire

Group: RPG Mod
Member No.: 14

"Hm." he heard her respond. He of course couldn’t get much from that as he wondered if maybe she had never heard the rhyme as a human. Sheltered childhood, home schooled perhaps, parents didn’t like the story.. There were definitely some possibilities. "And I can get a bag myself." he heard her continue, her brusque tone making him think that perhaps he’d said something wrong. Or maybe it’s just the close proximity to a human bringing it out. his thoughts suggested, before questioning that if that were true, should she really be going into a possibly crowded store for her bag? But she said she’d get it. he considered, a small argument rising within himself.
He knew he first needed to get the human to a doctor, but what of after? Would he have to help clean up a mess afterwards because he hadn’t tried to persuade her into changing her mind? If she took a human in a store, someone would likely notice.. But then, he was sure she’d consider that, she definitely seemed within reason. She was after all, able to withstand feeding from this human, so the blood lust can’t be the ‘only’ thing driving her.
“If you want to.” Hayden said, his thoughts saying ‘if you think it’s safe’.
Yes he knows he tends to worry too much.
“Since not all stores will definitely be carrying them and the area they might have them can differ, asking an employee might help things go quicker.” He suggested as he nodded to their northwestern direction (angled to the left). “If you’re sure, the mall would be a best bet. It might not even be too crowded this early in the day, and there are a lot of stores that are right there together.” He added, wondering if he was talking too much. He tended to do that too when he got worried, and at the moment he found himself worrying about the girl in his arms, the one about to run into a city with ruby lit eyes, and any possible ‘snack’ that might cross her path along the way. But she had asked where she might find one, so maybe he wasn’t.
As the thought went through his mind, they reached the city streets and he began glancing for which way the hospital might be. As with the mall, they tended to be on a main street and in a big building..

--------------------
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Serena
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 12:50 PM

Human ~ unknowingly living among vampires

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

Skyla is still sleeping. Out cold and unaware of what is going on around her, and not at all interested in finding out.

--------------------
My fanfictions are here http://www.fanfiction.net/~serena530 check it out if you want
They consist of: SailorMoon, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Blue Bloods, Yuyu Hakusho, The Inheritance Cycle, and Harry Potter
asianperson
Posted: Jun 4 2009, 11:26 AM

Vampire

Member No.: 29

Claire's tone must have come out really offensive because he said, “If you want to.” She didn't feel that bad for making him feel like he hurt her feelings or something. She didn't really care.
“Since not all stores will definitely be carrying them and the area they might have them can differ, asking an employee might help things go quicker.” Was he just trying to be helpful, or was he just mindlessly babbling?? Claire didn't know which.
“If you’re sure," he continued, "the mall would be a best bet. It might not even be too crowded this early in the day, and there are a lot of stores that are right there together.”If you want to...help things go quicker...If you're sure... What was his problem??? Did he think she was going to massacre the whole town in a matter of minutes? Getting a bag wouldn't be a problem for her. She would just slip into her own time, grab what she needed, and then leave. She'd be on her way again...to where ever she'd been going-which was where??? Claire wasn't sure.
She looked at the sleeping human. She probably didn't have much time left, but they were almost there. She'd be ok. Her scent was sitll present, not overpowering but an ever lingering temptation. She resisted. She was determined to not kill this one human. Somehow....she just couldn't. Maybe Hayden was partly responisble for these merciful feelings toward the human?
The thought of leaving Hayden and going off on her own again sounded a bit...lonely now. She'd forgotten how much she missed the presence of another being--one like her of course.
Claire took a deep breath. There was her scent, though a blend of scents was coming, most likely from the crowded place ahead. She was getting thristy again. She had to admit it, though she still fougt against the urge to feed on the readily available meal...There were other options ahead.
"Well, I can get whatever I need without a problem. But I probably won't see you again after this, so..." she hesitated. "so, I guess, uh. Thanks for the help?"
She really didn't want to leave him just yet...

This post has been edited by asianperson on Jun 11 2009, 04:00 PM

--------------------
user posted image

OOO!!! I'm so excited!!! Is anyone else excited???
stormy
Posted: Jun 19 2009, 07:40 AM

Bloodthirsty Vampire

OOC: Sorry y'all, been busy ninja.gif

IC:
Hayden reached out with his gift, trying to get at least some kind of hint as to her take on his words. Not that he had real reason to distrust her, but she was a vampire who lived off humans, and she was needed something that would require her going into something of a center hub of humans to get it.
He felt a slight.. irritation? Had what he said bothered her again? Maybe she noticed what he'd tried not to say, that she could easily kill a number of people and he didn't like the idea. She wasn't the only one with that ability though, and he knew that. It wasn't like he could protect everyone and change every vampire. Hell, he hadn't even changed one vampire’s choices on 'food'. It wasn't something he'd ever tried forcing on anyone, but in his years, he had met a few others of his kind, and tried getting them to see what he saw so wrong. They had been humans once themselves after all. At one time, they had all been one's prey. Now they were the predator, but their friend and family that had been left behind. What of them and the ones they brought into the world?
"Well, I can get whatever I need without a problem. But I probably won't see you again after this, so..... so, I guess, uh. Thanks for the help?" he heard the girl say, pulling him from the thoughts that had been distracting him.
Hayden blinked as he looked to his side to glance her way. There was a determination within her now. To prove she could take care of herself? Or to not take this human's life?? Maybe it was both, he knew she hadn't fed and was surly still drawn to the scent. But that was the thing about sensing emotions, it wasn't like they could give you the full picture. In fact, sometimes it could make things even more confusing...
And what of the hesitation both in her words and even in her emotions??
Hayden pulled away with his gift. It was bringing up too many questions he couldn't really answer. She could, but he still wasn't sure on asking her too much. He knew from experience that asking too many of the wrong questions could just make a person run. But then, wasn't she leaving anyways from the sound of her words? Yeah, but does it sound like she wants to leave? his thoughts asked. He answered himself with a no.
"Thanks for the restraint." he said with a soft smile as he nodded to the human. By not taking her life, you probably saved her. his thoughts finished. "I never got your name though. Mind me asking it?" he questioned. He wondered where she'd go for her bag, and then where she'd head after. Something seemed to be telling him that this shouldn't be the last time he'd see this girl.
What could that mean??
"Where are you headed?" the question slipped out just as he spotted the hospital about a mile or two up the road, and Hayden nearly bit his tongue for it's absent-mindedness. What right did he have to ask her that? He'd just met her, and their first encounter had not been under the best circumstances. But he couldn't help it. Her feeling of hesitation and his own that it seemed to say it was wrong for her to go, just kept nagging away at him. And so the question came out.

--------------------
Serena
Posted: Jun 19 2009, 11:44 AM

Still she sleeps even though the footsteps of her rescuer bring her closer and closer to the help that would hopefully save her life. But will Skyla wake up after she receives that help? Will her body be okay enough to allow it? Will her will be strong enough to want it?

OOC: Hey Asian, do you have anything planned for the story? Like what will happen after Skyla wakes up? Will she be meeting Claire or is it too soon for that?

--------------------
My fanfictions are here http://www.fanfiction.net/~serena530 check it out if you want
They consist of: SailorMoon, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Blue Bloods, Yuyu Hakusho, The Inheritance Cycle, and Harry Potter
asianperson
Posted: Jul 2 2009, 10:53 AM

Vampire

OOC: Well, i think claire will end up giving into her desire, and kill a human. not you of course. as for skyla and her meeting, i don't know. the whole hospital thing may be too much for her. i am assuming that when skyla wakes up, she'll be all better...?
IC:

The other vampire was looking at her curiously. Not in a creepy way. There was just a look in his gaze that told Claire he was seeing much more than just her outward appearence which made her a bit uneasy. Irritated, she shifted from one foot to the other and avoided his eyes.
What is his problem? She started to get antsy to get away from him. Maybe she didn't need his company as much as she thought.
When she looked at him next, he seemed to be looking at her instead of through her soul. She felt a little better.
He nodded his head in the direction of the human. "Thanks for the restraint." Claire didn't dwell on what he was really trying to say by that. This was definately the first time someone had thanked her for not feeding.
"I never got your name though." he continued. "Mind me asking it?" She guessed it was only fair, since she already knew his name.
She was about to open her mouth, when he shot out another question. "Where are you headed?"
Claire's mind went to her first impression of him: this one is really weird. But she couldn't decide whether it was a good or bad weird.
Hayden's question made her think, though.
Where am I going? Did he mean in the long term, or right now? She did not want to think of what she couldn't decipher. In all honesty, she had no idea where she'd be tomorrow.
"My name is Claire." She decided to answer the question she had a definate reply to.
Buildings began to appear where the forest's trees faded away. They weren't huge, like the one's she'd seen in Chicago, but it was a sign of civilization--and humans. They would hit the edge of the little town within two minutes tops. Claire didn't have much time to make a decision on where to go.
With her original plan in the lead, she knew she had to get a new backpack here. She could handle that much. Right?
Then the scent hit her. Or rather, scents. There were so many aromas lingering around the oncoming community. She couldn't even count how many different ones there were, or where one scent separated from another. This was a new experience for her. It was like a huge feast dancing in front of her, and only when she focused on one particular food did she smell its individual scent.
Before, she would usually come across a lonely hiker, or sometimes a small group of three. This she couldn't grasp. It was like entering an aroma heaven. Every choice she could imagine was here. There were strong and deep smells that told her that particular human was a fighter, as well as physically fit. Then there were the sweeter though just as potent ones that would be the best to feed on, but less of a challenge to take down or outsmart.
The burning in her throat began to tingle and rekindle with her every breath. The fire seemed to make her feel alive again, like she'd been sleeping before. It gave her new strength and she pumped her arms and legs faster.
She'd be in the heaven within thrity seconds. A wry smile broke out across her face.
"Beat you there."
With that, she sped full speed towards her feast...

--------------------
user posted image

stormy
Posted: Jul 27 2009, 12:08 PM

Bloodthirsty Vampire

"My name is Claire." he heard her answer, he hadn’t missed that she’d seemed thoughtful of his questions. It made him wonder even more if he should have asked them, and would she answer.
He was glad when she did. Not that a name answered all the other questions, but it was a start. Right?
Hayden smiled lightly as he watched the approaching city take on its form. It was nothing too fancy, but it had a hospital for the human girl, and shops and such for anything he or Claire might need- like her a new backpack. He liked her name. Like the city they were entering, it was nothing too fancy or flashy, it did not scream look at me or aren’t I so cool, but it held a touch of class within its few letters. He thought it was a name well suited for a vampire, one that could last through the years. Which added another question to the list, was it one she’d always had, even as a human? Or was it a name taken up along with her new life?..
His wondering was slightly interrupted as the scents of the city swept their way around them. There were the scents of many humans intermixed with the stenches that came with any community- rotting foods, fuel from cars, the smells of small animals and more garbage than seemed necessary. With the good things of a city came the bad..
Hayden’s nose furled slightly as the many different scents registered for what they were. His animalistic side tried focusing in on those human scents, tried pulling him toward the stronger sweeter smells that could make his mouth water and send a jolt of fire through his core. The thought of just a small taste was both incredibly amazing, and down right repulsive..
He set his eyes on the hospital, determined to focus on his task and not allow himself to stray.
As he slowed his breathing, and picked the route he thought would work best, Hayden couldn’t help but notice the ‘oomph’ to Claire’s step. He looked to his side in time to see a wry smile take form across her lips, he couldn’t help but worry that her animalistic side would win out..
"Beat you there.” he heard her say before speeding away. Hayden sighed as he stuck to his course. He didn’t know that she would take a life, but he did know that if the human in his arms was not taken care of soon it would be too late for her to keep her life as it was. He would not sacrifice a definite for a maybe.
But what had she meant by her words? She never told him where she was even headed and now she made it sound like some sort of race. Or perhaps that was the point? Was he supposed to chase after her?? Surely not, she knew where he needed to go.
With that, Hayden’s feet carried him swiftly towards the hospital. He could still smell the scents of the city around him, but once he took a second, Hayden noticed that the strongest scent was definitely coming from the human in his arms. Her’s seemed to muffle out the disturbing roughness of the city streets as he made his way further in...

--------------------
Serena
Posted: Jul 27 2009, 03:45 PM

They have finally reached the city and are getting ever closer to the hospital and still Skyla sleeps a dreamless sleep. What will happen when the doctors finally see her? Will they be able to save her? And if they can, will she even want to wake up and deal with what's happened to her?

--------------------
asianperson
Posted: Aug 3 2009, 12:39 PM

Vampire

All of the scents were overwhelming to her, but definately not unbearable. The flare within her didnt cause her physical pain. It was more of a mental burning, a desire that had a direct impact on her body. Her level of strength seemed to increase as the thought of feeding (and fighting) became more and more likely.
She stole a quick glance at --what was his name?--oh yes. Hayden. She could tell that the concentrated human activity was affecting his senses as well, but not as strongly as it did her. Claire almost felt a humming or singing sensation inside of her that urged her to go farther into the heaven.
In her peripheral vision, she saw Hayden veer off in a different direction. He wasn't following her.
Is he expecting me to follow him??
She cursed under her breath.
Well, it was too late now. At the speeds they were traveling, he and the nearly dead girl would be seconds away from their destination. The hop scotch or something. Claire couldn't remember. The frenzy of smells distratcted her. Of course, she could easily catch up; time and speed was not a problem. It was just that this was a new place, totally unfamiliar to her. The chances of encountering a human just increased over ten-fold.
At that thought, she came to a complete stop. Her breathing was still heavy, the only sign that her energy levels were at an all time high for her.
What will happen if I meet a human?
There had to be hundreds of them here, and she surely couldn't devour every one she saw. How was she to choose just a few?
Claire took in a long, deep breath. There it was. That thick and slightly tangy scent. It belonged to a human who was strong, fit. Its scent came in through her nose, eddied in the back of her throat, and rolled across her tongue as she exhaled.
Hmm...Delicious...
Her feet moved to the left. The scent wasn't as strong.
She moved back to the right. Another few steps to the right.
It went that way, in between two buildings. The sun was low in the western horizon. The humans were starting to retreat into their houses.
Claire followed the strong smell that was only known to her between the two buildings--they were houses.
In the one window, she saw a few humans around a buzzing, glowing box. It was a...a...oh! She couldn't remember the name of it, though she knew she'd used it from time to time when she was a mortal.
She focused back on the scent.
After coming through the houses, it took a left. The delicious smell was getting slightly stronger. It wouldn't be much longer before she'd have her meal.

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1657 seconds | Archive
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Forbidden Fruit CBox

Forbidden Fruit Affiliates
Photobucket TwilightForum