Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Forbidden Fruit. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

"The phrase “bite my head off” was not entirely a figure of speech when it came to Leah." - Bella Swan
Pages: (6) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Visitor
stormy
Posted: Dec 18 2008, 01:34 PM

Bloodthirsty Vampire

Group: RPG Mod
Member No.: 14

As he slid to a stop with question after question racing through his mind, Hayden heard the sound of material ripping and smelled the scent of fresh warm blood filling the cold wintry air. A growled nearly surfaced from his own throat as he felt the young vampires thirst thrown into overdrive as a result of the sweet intoxicating smell.. He wanted to help this human, to keep this young blood drinker from draining him of his very life, but would he now be in danger of Hayden as well???
Hayden’s face lifted from the snow as he felt the fear rolling through the helpless human who was so near. He fought not to breath in the scent that was driving the young vampire mad with thirst, the stronger scent now that his face was uncovered mixed with her desire to take the remaining blood from his body would have simply been too much. And as his head lifted, Hayden felt the girl righting herself –detangling her body from the messy tangle that he had caused.
His eyes took in the scene.
It was clear she had not had a chance to sink her teeth into the human -he was not writhing in pain from venom spreading through his veins. So where had the blood he smelt come from? he wondered just before his eyes caught the site of the hot crimson liquid shining against the soft white snow.
It looked as thought he had punctured his hand -perhaps on a stick or rock as he hit the ground.
The injured hand shifted from side to side.. The man let out a moan with a groggy voice as he attempted to push himself up from the frozen ground.
Hayden wondered if the impact had knocked him a bit woozy. Whether it had or not, he knew that human was getting nowhere fast at the moment.. His action looked slow, even by human standards, and the man was still slightly pinned to the frozen ground that he wished to escape by two bodies that were just as hard and cold as icy ground beneath him.
Hayden was thankful that the man had not been hurt worse by the fall. He would have hated if the poor frail human had been crushed as he tried saving him from being drained.. He was also thankful that the young one had not simply sank her teeth into any particular body part that had been available. He could not help but wonder if she was partial to only feeding from the neck, but he could not think on that now, he could only be thankful that rather than taking what she was after she had righted herself instead.
There seemed to be an internal struggle going on within her, something that kept her from draining him right there.. Could she be questioning her choice? Could she possibly not prefer the thought of taking the human’s life, any human’s life?? Hayden would like for it to be so, but deep down he was sure it was a pointless hope.
She’s probably wondering if she should attack.. If she might be able to deal with you before her meal got away.. She should consider knocking him unconscious if she chooses that route, since there is a car so close… Or perhaps she is thinking of disappearing again. Can she do that while pinned? Could she take the human with her?? the thoughts raced through his mind as Hayden’s arms wrapped around the female and he rolled them both away from the human.
“Run.” He growled. The sound seemed to be the very thing the human needed to gain control of his motor skills. He scurried to his feet, throwing snow as he went, and started off in a mad run towards his vehicle.
The look upon his face as he chanced a glance back showed the terror Hayden could feel reaching him from the boy.
Hayden rolled so that he was on top, his body pinning the girl as his arms held hers to her side. He was able to register that the other humans emotions were growing fainter.. He knew it was a sign that she was fading, and hoped that it was only sleep calling to her rather than death.. He was sure that ‘if’ the boy managed to make it out alive there was no way he would be returning to these woods for the human girl..
It seemed that Hayden would be her only real hope……

This post has been edited by stormy on Dec 18 2008, 01:36 PM

--------------------
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Serena
Posted: Dec 18 2008, 02:51 PM

Human ~ unknowingly living among vampires

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

As Skyla lay there in the snow she could feel her mind start to drift. To drift away and she thought breifly of how that wasn't a good thing, but decided that she really didn't care. She was just too sleepy to care. She knew that she was dying. That that feeling of her mind drifting away was her mind slipping away from her body. Will I have one of those out of body experinces where I'm floating above my body or something? she wondered curiously as she continued to breath in the nice fragrance that she still wasn't sure if she had made up or if it was coming from the mystery persons coat. It doesn't really matter if I will or not. It might be interesting to see if such a thing could happen. she thought as she became slightly aware that the aching she had been feeling had stopped. She was nolonger in any pain. It wasn't that serious before since she was numb, but she could still feel the ache inside her body.
Not anymore.
Now she felt nothing. Not the clothes on her body, not the coat covering her, not the snow underneath and around her, not the cold air, not the numbness of being too cold. Nothing.
Well that's a good thing...right? I don't feel any pain so I can't hurt. I won't feel myself going into shock from.....from....dying. she finished in a slight confusion. That hadn't been what she wanted to say, but she couldn't seem to think of the right words to say. But I'm sleepy and now my mind feels like it's drifting, and I'm not feeling anything anymore so I'm dying. But that man said to hold on, and I told him that I would try. Am I done trying? Would it matter if I continued to try? Arn't I too far gone for that...for help? The human body can only take so much cold right? she wondered as she felt something on her tongue. Her tongue? Well I guess I'm still able to feel some things. she thought as she began to wonder what that was, especially since she began to feel more and more of it.
Skyla wanted to open her eyes. To see what it was, but she was so sleepy and just thinking about it seemed like enough work to her weary mind. I suppose I could just try and guess. she considered. Maybe.....maybe an animal has come and its drooling over my mouth. Eww...I may be dying, but that thought is just gross. So maybe it's something else. Oh oh....maybe its snowing, and the snow is getting in my mouth. I should close my mouth then shouldn't I? Can you die if your mouth fills with snow and you choke on it? I don't know, and the only reason I wonder is because I don't want to die that way. Die by freezing to death or die by choking on snow? Which is worse?.......Choking. she thought and then forced herself to close her mouth. She made the motion of pressing her lips together, but she couldn't feel it. Dying or not.....I still hate assumptions, but it seems like this time I'm going to have to do just that since I can't feel if my mouth is closed. she thought as she tried to concentrate on whether or not she was still feeling anything on her tongue. She didn't so she took that as confirmation that her mouth was closed.
Snowing. It was snowing. She was going to die out here and be covered in snow. If that man returned would he be able to find her body....her remains? And what of the mystery person who left their coat? Would they be able to find her if they returned? She wished that she could stay conscious until they did return. She wanted to at least know if that nice fragrance she was smelling was real or not. But if I do manage to hold on....would I be able to smell them? Can your sense of smell freeze or go numb? she wondered. She thought her hearing might be going since she hadn't been able to really hear that earlier sound, but she guessed that it was just her mind playing tricks on her since she was so sleepy and...apparently dying. Nah. I'm sure I would still be able to smell them. I think the question is...will I have the 'will' to even breath in their sc.....ouch! her thought cut off with that slight mental cry of pain.
Apparently she was still able to feel some things like with her tongue. She could feel the pain in her heart. It felt like it had just tried to force its way from her chest with that last beat. What does that mean? she wondered as she waited to see if it would happen again.

This post has been edited by Serena on Dec 18 2008, 03:09 PM

--------------------
My fanfictions are here http://www.fanfiction.net/~serena530 check it out if you want
They consist of: SailorMoon, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Blue Bloods, Yuyu Hakusho, The Inheritance Cycle, and Harry Potter
asianperson
Posted: Dec 19 2008, 07:43 PM

Vampire

Member No.: 29

Claire was plenty mad now. Not only had this vampire interupted her two times, and tackled her to save that frail human, but now he was physically holding her. His strong arms felt like satin on her skin, but held stronger than steel. She struggled at the sight of her meal running, rather slowly, away from her. That aroma was still there and probably would be for another hour or so, unless the wind picked up.
She trashed left and right in an effort to make her capturer lose his balance and let go, but he held on tight. For nearly a minute, Claire raged on and on, trying all she had to shake her pest off. She hit, bit, scratched, and kicked any part of him that she could. Finally, she got a hold of his thumb and pulled it backwards as hard as she could, and he loosened his grip enough that she could escape. She quickly made a more comfortable distance between them, about eight or ten feet, and then made her ready-to-fight stance, once again.
Looking at him, the vampire wasn't seriously hurt. Of course nothing could injure them, but he was slightly cradling his right hand. He was distracted from her for a milisecond, and that's when she had the choice to kill him or chase after the human.
Claire made a quick decision and turned to finish what she started. The human hadn't gotten far...

--------------------
user posted image

OOO!!! I'm so excited!!! Is anyone else excited???
stormy
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 11:44 AM

Bloodthirsty Vampire

Fresh snow was begining to fall around them as Hayden felt as the cold young one struggled beneath him -her intended meal running as fast as his scared little legs would carry him.
He held his own breath -not wanting to allow the tempting aroma of fresh hot blood to distract him, or even worse, call him to feed- as the dark hair vampire thrashed this way and that. It was clear she was very unhappy with his action as he felt her dissatisfaction from both, her emotions and the physical attack she was ‘trying’ to inflict. He had to admit, the fact that she was one of his kind, and therefore stronger than humans did make a difference. Although not actually injuring him; the hitting, biting, scratching, and kicking at any part of him that she could reach did not feel pleasant.
He had never been one to get to close to his own kind -always avoiding them as much as possible, and with this being the first time he’d had cause to wrap his arms around another as cold and hard as he, he was sure that although he would never forget the experience, he was not enjoying it.. Not that he thought he should.
And just as the thought of how ‘unpleasant’ this entire outing was turning out to be ran through his mind, Hayden felt the silkiness of her fingers as she caught hold of his thumb.
He felt as she pulled the digit backwards with a force that only a vampire could inflict, as his eyes scanned to see the location of the human. The boy was much closer to his vehicle, but of course not too far for either of them.
Hayden loosened his grip enough to allow her an escape, and she quickly took advantage of it. He jumped up, cradling his right hand with a feigned injury as he watched her make an escape. As she moved away, placing distance between them, Hayden focused on the girl’s emotions once more. He focused on sleep, a feeling that when strong enough always took down any creature. Vampires did not sleep, but that was only because their bodies no longer wore out in the humans do. In fact, those he had experimented on rarely even realized what was taking them over until their eyes were drifting closed. He was sure it was because it had been so long since feeling it that they simply could not remember it. But for Hayden, even the small human emotions were unforgettable -for he felt them everyday.
As she got about eight or ten feet away, Hayden saw the girl face him with a stance that screamed she was ready to attack. In a way, he hoped she would. The human was still within reach and he was not sure if this would even work. She had seemed unaffected by his ‘gift’ before, what if she was this time as well?
But, she chose not to attack, the human blood thick in the air obviously far too tempting. Damn. There goes that possible decoy. he grumbled in his thoughts as he made his way silently after her.
He focused on sleep, hoping she would become drowsy and lethargic. He had tried it on vampires before, and therefore knew to send it in strong overpowering waves. But with her, he made it even stronger -the human could not afford for his idea to fail.
Hayden was aware that the girl was young, and might even remember the effects as they started to take her over. He wondered what she would think of it if she did. She would not actually sleep of course, that was the annoying part -they were vampires after all. It was more like a human right on the verge of sleep -sounds were muffled, eyes would refuse to open, arms were to heavy to stretch out, the list goes on.
But would it work? His gift had always worked before.. But had already seemed to have failed on her twice now.
And what of her odd trick? What if suddenly there she was, her teeth at the human’s neck before he could even react..
How had she disappeared? He wanted to know, but would he ever get the chance to ask?

This post has been edited by stormy on Dec 30 2008, 11:46 AM

--------------------
Serena
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 01:41 AM

Maybe it was nothing. Maybe it was my imagina....ouch! Skyla's thought ended on a cry of pain just as her last thought did. Again it felt like her heart was trying to force its way from her chest. What did that mean? Why was it happening? Could she stop it somehow?
Of course she couldn't stop it. She was lying on the ground in the snow completely numb. It wasn't as if she could move around to sit up and take some deep breaths or rub her hand over her heart to ease it somehow. She was stuck like that. She was stuck, but she could still think...or at least try.
Maybe its the cold doing it. But I can't feel the cold, so would that still count? I don't know. I suppose that it would still effect me even though I can't feel it. After all thats how people die right? Die. That's what it is. My heart is starting to fail. Maybe its trying to get in as many beats as it can before it has to stop. she wondered as she felt it slam against her rib cage again. It hurts. I'm dying and it hurts! And no one knows that I'm dying. I hadn't had a chance to make friends out here, and my family doesn't know. No one except that man and the mystery person who left their coat know that I'm here. And neither of them are here!! I'm alone. I'm going to die alone! Without even the comfort of a stranger! she thought in a sad frantic tone as she began to panic.

--------------------
My fanfictions are here http://www.fanfiction.net/~serena530 check it out if you want
They consist of: SailorMoon, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Blue Bloods, Yuyu Hakusho, The Inheritance Cycle, and Harry Potter
asianperson
Posted: Jan 2 2009, 05:25 PM

Vampire

Claire spun on her heels to face her target. She no longer cared about that nuisance of a vampire, only her prey. She had twarted him again. She almost laughed to herself.
Third time's a charm.
Ah, she could just taste it now. The burning sensation deep in her throat was impossible to ignore. She inhaled his scent and relished it. He was so close; just one small leap and she would have what she craved.
As the man was running for his vehicle, he glanced back. She returned his look with her crimson-eyed glare, hoping to scare him. Her threatening look worked; the man stumbled over himself and fell into the snow. He wouldn’t even get a chance to stand up again. She would have him within the second.
Claire gave the warm blood a sneer of a smile, baring her pearly white teeth at the same time.
She took one step to jump off of and braced herself to fly through the air. All of a sudden, an ache started at the base of her neck. Well, not necessarily an ache but rather a feeling of being tired and exhausted. It spread itself through her arms, down her spine, and finally to her legs. She wasn't prepared for this...this feeling of...what was it? Her muscles suddenly did not want to work anymore. Her limbs now felt like they were made of human flesh, weak and inefficient. Claire fought the urge to just sit down and take a breather, but it didn’t do any good. She felt like she needed a rest, but why?
Sleep.
Sleep? Why would she need to sleep? It wasn’t possible; Claire had found that out shortly after her transformation.
She wanted nothing more now than to relax and rest. Unfortunately for her, this wave of slumber came at exactly the wrong moment. Claire had already jumped, poised to take what she wanted, but her legs rebelled against the effort. Her foot slipped slightly, and her legs did not exert the amount of force she expected. Instead of making a direct hit at the man’s throat, she veered left ever so slightly and hit a tree. If she had been exerting the full force of her jump, she might have severed the twenty-eight inch diameter tree trunk, but she only splintered it a little. The sound of the splitting wood was like breaking a handful of spaghetti but magnified by a million.
Claire was barely aware of what had happened. It had been all so fast. She remembered feeling tired, but she didn’t remember where it’d come from. She remembered seeing the tree suddenly just feet away, so she naturally braced herself against the impact with her shoulder.
Branches and twigs scratched at her face. They tore at her clothes and her backpack. The branches snagged and held tight to her now frayed and tattered pack, but she dropped the twenty-five feet to the ground after hitting and breaking several branches on her way down. She had tried to land on her feet, or better than just crashing, but she failed. She landed in a heap, while also making a dent in the ground the same shape as her disoriented body.
Claire lifted her head out of the conglomeration of snow, grass, and dirt to get some bearings to where she was. Her legs and arms were bent at odd angles, but nothing was broken. The contact with the tree had not hurt her, but she still felt achy and worn-out. Hitting a tree with that much force would do that to a normal human, maybe even kill him or her, but she shouldn’t have felt this way. She was a vampire, an immortal. Claire should be on her feet already, barely fazed.
But she wasn’t.
She just lay there. She looked up and saw that the human had reached his vehicle and already had the keys in the ignition. After eight more seconds, her prey was out of sight, driving fifty mph over the rough ground, while she stayed where she was. She felt slightly relieved to be doing nothing, but she couldn’t deny that she was as thirsty as ever.
At first, Claire could only think about her lost meal, but then another thought occurred to her. That human had escaped, and he had seen her. He must know that she was no human, even a crazy human. She decided she would track him down later. That’s all she needed, a herd of humans on the wary while she was in the immediate area. But why had she gotten so exhausted so suddenly? How…
Then it hit her as her eyes crossed over the other vampire. He was the cause of all of this. She had heard of other vampires having special powers, but it had never occurred to her until that moment.
As she thought about it, her stare became a glare in his direction. If only he hadn’t interrupted her the first time. Or the second. Or the third.
Why was he doing this to her? Did he really have feelings for the warm blooded creatures, or was he just trying to torture her? Though the human was gone, about a half a mile away, the scorching fire in her throat didn’t subside. It would probably remain until she had something to drink.
But there was nothing else around…
Claire’s anger toward this other vampire burned as hot as the fire in her throat.
You…” she hissed. As menacing as she wanted to sound, it came out a whisper, because her fatigue remained.

This post has been edited by asianperson on Jan 2 2009, 05:27 PM

--------------------
user posted image

stormy
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 06:31 PM

Bloodthirsty Vampire

Hayden saw as she neared the human, he knew she would take him down within seconds if his gift failed him.
As the human glanced back and caught a glimpse of the female behind him, Hayden felt the pure fear that rolled through him at the sight of her. He gave a mental curse when he saw the man stumble over himself and fall into the snow. He knew she was too close, that human wouldn’t even get a chance to stand up before she reached him.
Hayden continued to focus on her and the sleepish effects he was sending her.
As he did, he saw as the girl went to the final leap that would be necessary to gain her her target. Hayden readied himself for a pounce, fearing that his gift was failing him again on this girl, and fearing even more that there was no way he would be able to reach her before her teeth reached the human. So why even try. a part of him sighed. He ignored the question. That was the voice of the one who wanted to go after the human for himself, of course he wouldn’t want to bother saving the frail creatures life.
Just as he was about to loose hope for the human, Hayden saw the signs of his gift in play. He stopped in his approach, sure as he saw her footing slip and her collide with a tree rather than her prey, that the effect he was hoping for had succeeded.
The sound of her stone hard body crashing into the massive tree reverberated through the surrounding area. The human could not resist glancing back at the sound, and was visibly surprised to not see the same dark haired beauty chasing after him. As is eyes fell upon Hayden he chose a menacing grin rather than a friendly one, he did not wish to give the boy a reason to think it okay to slow in his escape. The look was plenty, the boy’s eyes shot forwards and his fast retreat continued.
Hayden cringed at the sound of branch after branch snapping away as the girl feel to the ground, landing in a heap as a result of the fatigue that had consumed her body. He looked at her disoriented frame, regretting the move he had been forced to make. He knew that she was not truly hurt, she was a vampire and that was only a tree after all, but he was still not happy with himself.
A lose lose situation. his thoughts sighed. He had saved the human, but in doing so he had had to go against one of his own young ones in a not so nice way. He could admit that it was a rather low down move, but he had not known what else to do in those swiftly passing seconds. You could have just let her have him.. that same voice that had spoken before pointed out. Yeah, and that would have been one more life on my hands. he thought back with a sad sigh as he saw that the human had reaching his vehicle and speeding away. He could hear the monster’s rebuttal within his mind, it was not he who was taking the life, but the girl. But who was draining the blood made no difference to0 Hayden. He was there, and had he stood silently by he would have blamed himself just as much as if it had been his own teeth sinking into that frail flesh and devouring the warm thick liquid that ran swiftly beneath.
He felt the girls slight relief, and his eyes went back to her as he wondered what she might be thinking. He knew she was still very thirsty, and would need to feed soon.. Would she ever forgive him for his action today? Would she ever have reason to? He may not see her again, and if he did he wondered what her reaction to him might be. One things for sure, she’s not likely to forget you. his logical thoughts voiced in a tone where he could practically see the rolling eyes that accompanied the words.
He wondered, as he did with every vampire he ran across, if she might ever consider changing her choices. Usually the answer was a definite no. and he always wondered how anyone who must live out an eternity could live with such actions. Sure they were feeding for survival, but that was someone’s family, someone’s life. Even the not so good ones had people that cared for them. Vampires detested the thought of losing one of their clan members, their adopted family and loved ones. How was this any different?? At least if a vampire were killed there was usually a major reason behind it. With human’s they were simply there, they had not done anything to that creature to merit losing their life.
Just as those thoughts passed through his mind, Hayden heard the distant, unmistakable, sound of a dieing heart. His eyes looked in the direction of the sound, reminding him of the girl in need of help. Was he too late? That heartbeat did not sound very promising…
“You…” he heard in whispered hiss, bringing his eyes back to the young vampire before him.
Hayden stepped forward, bring himself closer to her. “Yes.. It was me, and I can honestly say I’m sorry.” he said in a low heartfelt tone. He meant the words, and he wanted her to know that. But he also knew that, given the option, he’d repeat his actions.
“You seem to have a gift of your own I noticed.” he continued as he knelt down before her. “I hope there are no hard feelings, but I can’t say I’d blame you if there are… Although, perhaps if you thought of what you were really doing you might see things a bit differently..” Hayden said as he reached out to detangle her limbs, being sure to not stop the sleepy, lethargic, feelings he was sending her. “Now,.. there seems to be one more who needs my attention, but I must admit I worry about just leaving you on your own. So I hope you won’t mind my taking you along.” he said as he increased the sleepy feelings he was already sending her.
Hayden scooted forward in his crouch and slid his arms beneath the girl before standing, lifting her within his arms and carrying her as he went his way -heading towards the sound of that dieing heart.
“I don’t think we will have to worry about that human at least.. He was so scared I don’t think he’ll speak a word to anyone for a while.” Hayden said as he heard the snapping sound of metal beneath his foot.
He glanced down to see the boy’s gun snapped in half.
It must had flown from his hand as Hayden had taken them down, and in his fright and hurry to escape he had not even considered looking for it. “I doubt he’ll even consider coming back into these woods to retrieve that.” he said with a light chuckle as he looked back to the girl, wondering what her name might be.
Would she tell him if he asked? He wasn’t so sure she would be all that willing to share such information after what he had just done and was still doing. But why not at least try? he considered. “So, can I ask your name? Or do you plan on trying to tear me to shreds as soon as I release you?” he asked with a small crooked smile as he continued making his way to the dieing human.
He wasn’t sure if he could really help her, even with his medical background. But if saving her was possible he would of course try.
So was bringing a blood thirsty vampire with him a smart move? Probably not. But he hoped she would not make the already clearly bad situation worse. If he could help, perhaps he could simply use his gift on the vampire until he was too far to continue it as he took the human away. That was a big part of why he was taking her with him. If his gift faded with the distance and she managed to get away what might she do while he was preoccupied? Plus, he was interested in learning more about her. He had never seen a vampire disappear, and he had still not had the chance to ask her about it.

This post has been edited by stormy on Jan 6 2009, 02:17 PM

--------------------
Serena
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 08:47 PM

Alone. Alone. ALONE!!!
Skyla was dying and she was all alone. She couldn't stop the helpless, sad, paniced feelings that over came her. it was natural wasn't it? When a person found themselves in such a situation and on the brink of death. Well she wasn't sure she was on the brink of death, and she certainly wasn't one hundred percent sure that she was even really dying. But her body was completely numb to her, her mind was sluggish and drifting, she was tired, she was so sleepy that she couldn't even summon the strength to open her eyes, and her heart felt like it was trying to work overtime to keep her body alive.
Maybe....maybe being alone is better... she thought slowly as she struggled to will her panic to go away. She was definitly having trouble willing it away, but then that pleasent scent reached her nose again and it help to calm her and remove the panic. My family will be sad if they ever learned, but at least they wouldn't have to be here to watch me go. she thought, finding some comfort in that thought. It also helped that they would never know the reason she was out there...if they even found out what happened to her. She wondered breifly if she was even visible anymore because of the snow that was falling. She also wondered if it was still snowing. Does it matter? No it doesn't. I'm somewhere in a large forest. No one will be finding me anytime soon. So it doesn't matter. I'll be nothing but bones when I am found. Maybe nothing but a few stray bones after the wild animals get through with me. she thought in a quiet tired voice.
Skyla gave a mental sigh. She was tired and very sleepy. Her thoughts were slow and saddening, and she had had enough. She was no longer going to try and hold on. She was no longer going to try and wait for the mystery person. Although she was still curious to know if the nice fragrance had been from the mystery persons coat. It was time for her to finally let herself rest. No more thoughts about family, friends, what would happen to her, or mystery people. No more wondering about what was happenig with her heart.
It was time to sleep.

--------------------
asianperson
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 08:07 AM

Vampire

“You seem to have a gift of your own I noticed. I hope there are no hard feelings, but I can’t say I’d blame you if there are… Although, perhaps if you thought of what you were really doing you might see things a bit differently...”
The guy droned on and on. Not that Claire really felt like talking to him at the moment. All she wanted to do was break his neck and then track that human and kill him just to spite the vampire. She tried to put on a threatening and fierce face, but the fatigue stayed over her. Her limbs were still kind of weak, and she couldn't quite focus on everything at one time, like she usually could. She could only hear him talking, uselessly.

"...So I hope you won’t mind my taking you along.”

Wait, what? What was this one thinking? Take her where? Before she could ponder it a millisecond longer, he had her securely in his arms, carrying her away.

NO!
she wanted to scream. No way am I going [I]anywhere with you!, [/I]but it made her even more tired as she thought about fighting him. What was this?!?!? Claire had never felt like this before. Well, of course when she was human, she'd been sleepy, but she wasn't anymore. She felt like an idiot, not even able to speak clearly, let alone fight.

As her thoughts kept tumbling through her mind, the other vampire droned on, still.
“I don’t think we will have to worry about that human at least.. He was so scared I don’t think he’ll speak a word to anyone for a while.”

All of a sudden, there was a snapping sound, like something broken in half. Her first thought was that the vampire had broken her spinal chord in half, retalliation for breaking his thumb. She ran a mental check about her body for any sign of pain. Maybe he had a power that numbed, and she couldn't feel him killing her. Maybe that's it.

But then his eyes glanced at something on the ground. It was a long metal tube. It was broken in half. Oh, that was what had made the sound.

"I doubt he’ll even consider coming back into these woods to retrieve that.” An odd sound came from his lips. It was a light sound, but she hadn't heard it in a while. It was...a laugh. How could he be happy right now? First, Claire broke his thumb, and then the warm-blooded one escaped. Well, she figured that anyone would be happy, having the upperhand in a situation.

“So, can I ask your name?" he continued in his moologue, "Or do you plan on trying to tear me to shreds as soon as I release you?”

As he continued to walk away from the scene of her "accident", her mind crossed over something she forgot. Her backpack.

"No! I need to go back! I need my backpack!" Even if it was in shreds, she could always get a new one, but she couldn't live without what was in it.

It was all she had left.

This post has been edited by asianperson on Jan 5 2009, 02:21 PM

--------------------
user posted image

stormy
Posted: Jan 6 2009, 08:33 PM

Bloodthirsty Vampire

Hayden spoke, but the girl did not respond.
He wondered if it was due to her possibly being pissed at him for his actions, but then, he wasn’t feeling the emotions that ‘really’ accompanied that. There was irritation and a few others, but they seemed so faint.. He reminded himself that that was probably due to his making her feel so tired and worn out, which could be the cause for her not speaking. Especialy considering how strongly you are sending it. his logical side threw in as he considered that he could make it stronger if he must, but saw no need at that time.
in fact, considering the strength of it, and that he was feeling her emotions still, he was sure she was very displeased with the current situation. Wouldn’t you be? his logical side asked with a light tone. He considered the definite yes in that thought as he walked through the trees.
He was sure he was nearing the other human, and as he searched with his eyes here and there, the girl within his arms spoke. "No! I need to go back! I need my backpack!".
Hayden’s eyes stopped in his looking as they went to her. There was a depravation he felt. She had to have that pack. She needed her bag, and the girl needed him. Well, you should have noticed it and been sure to brought it. So it‘s your own fault and you better get it. he thought to himself with a mocking tone. But it was only a pack for crying out loud.. It’s more to her than that, and you can tell. his logical side pointed out as he considered the human. There was barely even a hint of her scent around him, and for one of his kind to even think those words the situation could not be good.
He was sure this was the area he had seen her as he had chased after the girl now within his arms.. He hopped she would hold on just a bit longer.
“I’ll get your pack.” he said in a quiet voice as he tuned on his heels and ran through the trees. :It’s the least I can do right?” he added with a wink in his voice.
A moment later he was right back where he started. At the tree that the girl had collided with. I suppose I could have just released her and let her go on her way. he considered as he knelt down and retrieved her bag. But he did not know her, and did not know what she would have done. If she wanted to get back at him for what he had done, fine. He would understand why. But first someone needed assistance, and that came before squabbles. So he continued with the sleepy emotions as he ran back to the area he was sure he would find the girl..
A moment later he spotted her through the trees in a small clearing. Snow was trying to cover her as it fell lightly from the sky, and he could see his long black coat beneath the fresh white powdery accumulation as his feet carried him closer. Hayden paused about fifteen feet from the girl so that he could set the other, cold one, within his arms beside a tree before approaching any further. He set her down gently, hoping she would at least be comfortable, and placed her pack beside her. “Sorry about all this. I simply don’t know if you can be trusted to let me see to her.. But I’ll be releasing you very soon.” Hayden promised as he turned away.
He made sure to keep a focus on the young blood drinker as he went to the young human. The sound of her beating heart was loud as pulsed hard against her chest, calling out for help, needing something to keep it within this life.. When he reached her side, Hayden knelt down beside her and took hold of the collar of his coat so as to pull it back and give him a better view of what was going on. He smelled no blood within the cold crisp air that surrounded him, and by the looks of her scant clothing she couldn’t have been out there long, or she wouldn’t still be alive at all.
Hayden saw, as he had before, that she was only wearing a black tank top and dark blue jeans. There were no shoes, no sleeves of any kind, no socks or gloves. Nothing to protect her extremities from the brutal force of the frigid cold. She was lying in snow with hardly anything covering her. Hayden’s eyes took in the red welts that surrounded her thin frail wrists. His eyes traveled downward, noticing similar marks peeking out from the hem of her jeans, encircling her ankles as well. He sighed lightly as his eyes went back to her face. Her eyes were closed and she did not seem aware of much that had just happened as he reached out with his left to brush the snow from her face.
“You still with us miss?” he asked softly as his fingers took in the fact that her skin was as frosty as his own..
He wondered why she showed marks of being bound, and where was her captor? The one responsible might still be near by.. Hayden did not like that thought. He did not like the thought of taking a human life, but he had to admit that some did not deserve to live.. He wondered briefly if he would even bother trying to stop the crimson eyed girl from drinking the blood of one like him. But that was not a very good thought to wonder on, so he pushed it aside for now as he considered that it looked as if this girl had not been out her for a full day just yet.. But still, was he in time to save her?
Hayden’s focus was not gone from the young vampire nearby, but he had pulled back slightly, giving her a stronger control of her own mental state, but keeping the limbs heave with fatigue. .

This post has been edited by stormy on Jan 9 2009, 05:25 PM

--------------------
Serena
Posted: Jan 7 2009, 12:51 PM

“You still with us miss?” Skyla heard a soft beautiful angelic voice float through her ears.
Oh great! she thought in a slow slightly sad voice. I must be dead already if there's an angel speaking to me. she thought with a mental sigh. She had just made the decision to sleep and give up on anyone coming to her aid, so how could she be dead already. Maybe it doesn't take long...or maybe it did take long and I just don't know it. she considered slowly. Well that's okay. I can't be sad with such an angelic voice speaking to me. I wonder what he looks like. This angel of mine. Does he have wings? Are they pretty and white? Are they big and thick? I wish I wasn't so tired and sleepy...then I could open my eyes and see him. she thought with a mental sigh. Mmmmm.....my angel smells so nice.... she thought with happy dreamy tone. He smells just like the mystery persons coat. she thought in slight wonder. Wait. What did he say? she thought as the angels words played though her mind. “You still with us miss?”....Why would he ask if I was still with them if I was dead? she wondered slowly. oh!! Am I....am I not dead? Did the mystery person come back for his coat? Does that mean that wonderful fragrance was coming from the coat...that he smells like that? she wondered in a tone that was both sleepy and excited.
Helloooo Sky. This is your brain speaking. You need to answer him before he thinks you are dead. her logical side voiced in a slow quiet tone. At least some part of her could still think straight. She hadn't even thought to speak to him, but now that she needed to..what was she to say? And could she say it with how numb she was? She couldn't feel anything. Well, she could still feel her heart hammering painfully against her chest but that was it. Could she speak if she couldn't feel her lips? Could she even summon the energy nessessary to bring air into her lungs and push it out with sound?
It was time to try.
"Barely." she managed to whisper, only aware that she had from the sound reaching her ears. Success! she thought in slight triumph. Now for one more try Sky. she thought in a slow encouraging tone. "Are you....." she began in her whispery voice and waited until the words reached her ears, to confirm that she had spoken, before she continued. "Are you...the one who...left their coat?" she finished in the same tone, her short sentence choppy from lack of energy.

--------------------
asianperson
Posted: Jan 9 2009, 10:34 AM

Vampire

Claire lay all alone now. He was gone. Though she thought she should feel relief that he left her be and anger that he didn’t let her drink her meal, she only felt lonely. It had been a long time since she’d had physical contact with another being, or even talked to one. Now that the human needs of being loved and wanted surfaced, it was hard to suppress them, especially with little control over herself.
Her feelings spilled over to show themselves on her face. It was almost contorted in pain, but with a slight smile. She longed to be wanted and accepted, and today, she almost felt that when she was in his arms. Almost. But he had to leave too soon.
Now it was just her and what was left of her pack. She didn’t care for the backpack; she’d lifted it somewhere a year or so back. As she examined the damage to her only possession, she almost panicked. What if what was inside was ruined? The outside of the bag was tattered, torn, and unfixable. She would need a new one.
Reaching inside, she pulled out its contents. Claire always carried them with her, even if they were painful reminders of what she’d lost. In her hand, she held several photos. They depicted her childhood, her biological family, her former friends. All of which she had no more. Quickly flipping through them to make sure they were all accounted for, smiling faces and happy memories flashed across her mind. One was of her and her brother when they were four and seven respectively. They were at the park, playing in the sandbox. He had thrown sand at her, and Claire was making a disgusted face, her hands at her head, trying to get the sand out of her hair. She put it away before those short-lived feelings of happiness arrived. There was one of her mother and father not six years ago now.
She put them face-down on her lap to keep from remembering her former life.
Next, Claire pulled out her tai-tai (pronounced tie-tie), her little stuffed companion she had carried everywhere with her when she was two and three. Her parents made her put it away when she turned four, but she’d kept it among her treasured belongings under her bed at her home.
The last thing she had was a slip of paper that had two addresses written on it; one was her home address and the other was from a very old friend. Not in the sense that she had known him for a long time, but that he himself was well along in age, nearly nine hundred years, he’d told her. The aged vampire’s name was Owen, and he was sort of strange in the fact that he actually owned a house and lived in it, somewhat. Though he owned the house, he traveled a lot for his job. Yeah, he worked among humans, which was unheard of to Claire. He was crazy in the fact that he could live like that, but he was kind and helpful when she had met him. He seemed like he really cared about her.
Claire thought about the possibility of going back to visit him, but quickly changed her mind. She couldn’t just go interrupt his life; besides, he probably wouldn’t even be home. She had just kept his address, because he said he wanted her to have it with her if she'd ever need anything.
She tucked the piece of paper in with her photos and put them all in her jacket’s pocket. Hopefully they wouldn’t fall out. She didn’t have anywhere large enough to store her tai-tai, so she decided she’d just have to carry it.
I must look pretty ridiculous, she thought. She had always tried to put on a brave, fierce face, but here she was, cradling her little stuffed animal out in the middle of nowhere. She felt calm and content, both of which had not made an appearence in a while.
Taking a deep breath, she caught the scent of the human’s scent mixed in with the smells of the outdoors. It was barely fading but still present. It made Claire think of her appetite, and how much she wanted to feed at the moment. She'd been so psyched up in the pursuit of her last prey, but its escape only left a burning hole in her throat.
Claire could feel the stinging need arising, but couldn’t push herself to go after the human. She still felt slightly exhausted. She needed to feed, and she needed a new backpack soon. She would have to go among human civilization for both.
Instead of going after either of her goals, she decided to wait for the other vampire to come back.
Maybe he would help her with her plans…

This post has been edited by asianperson on Jan 9 2009, 11:51 AM

--------------------
user posted image

stormy
Posted: Jan 9 2009, 10:28 PM

Bloodthirsty Vampire

As Hayden brushed a light layer of snow from the dark skin that it clashed with so well, he felt the faint hints of emotions that were flowing through her. She was clearly not in the strongest state he had ever seen, but as he felt her wonder and excitement reaching him, followed by an uncertainty, his hope for being able to help her grew.
He heard the hammering of her heart within her chest, and Hayden fought the urge from the monster within him to focus on that sound. Even in it’s struggling state it could easily call to him to feed. More so in fact considering the strength behind each crying out pulse. Her heart did not wish to let go, but her body could only take so much…
You could end it for her you know. Some would think that the ‘humane’ thing to do. Hayden heard the words float through his mind on a silky seductive note.
He ignored the sound, it was nothing new. Always that tempting voice tried persuading him to do the very thing that made him detest what he was… He would not take her life.
"Barely." he heard her manage to struggle out on a whisper, bringing him from his thoughts as he felt a wave of emotions reach him from the crimsoned eyed girl he had left nearby.
Hayden’s head turned slightly within her direction as his eyes showed him the path that the emotions had traveled from. There was a sad longing there, one he had felt many times himself.. He wondered what she was thinking of to bring on such a feeling.. His earlier question rolled through his mind, “How about you? What is it you want?..”. Her emotions now, resembled what he had felt from her briefly as she had registered that question earlier.. Was there a link?.
"Are you....." Hayden’s eyes returned to the human before him as her whispered words reached him. He could hear her quietly spoken, raspy words clearly as they floated through the crispy air around them. Focus. he told himself within his mind. The girls emotions had surprised him. He had expected anger to be one of her main feelings after what he had done, but it was not. That is no reason to allow myself to become distracted. he thought with a firm tone as he slid his right hand beneath the human girl’s head and his left around to her right side, beneath shoulder as he began lifting her from her bed of snow. "Are you...the one who...left their coat?" he heard her finish in the same raspy whispered tone. There was a choppiness to her sentence as she spoke to him -considering her condition he was not surprised. What am I to do with her?.. he wondered to himself as he placed his coat to her back, wrapping her within it. Once the thick black material encircled her frail frosted shoulders, Hayden brought his left hand back around to slide under her knees and lifted her into his arms -his right hand sliding down to support her shoulders.
“It was I.” he answered in a low voice as he stood. Hayden looked in the direction of the dark haired girl. Her emotions had shifted, he could not help the curiosity of what she might be thinking. But could he go back to where she sat? She seemed to be awaiting his return, and this baffled him.. It baffled him and intrigued him. Why was she not hating him? Why was she feeling the way she was?..
His eyes went back to the one within his arms. He did not know those answers, and only would if he asked her the questions. But this human needed someone’s help -she would surely die without it. His questions could come later, if she allowed, but this girl could not wait. He glanced in the direction where the human boy had ran for his life, he was surly not returning for her.. They were his only hope.. Well, he had no idea if he should say they. The other girl might solve this girls problems the very way his own monster had suggested.. Hayden would not like that… So what to do?
Well… Maybe her scent is so weak it will not draw the girl in.. he considered. But she is so thirsty.. Perhaps even this weak scented human would be too much for her.. he added with a worried tone.
Hayden glanced in the direction of his car. He was sure this girl had no way of transportation, did the other??
“I think you might need to see a doctor.” Hayden added aloud as he looked down to the girl’s face. His words had not been far between, his thoughts had been swift. And now he wanted to see what would be next.
He wanted to help the girl, but he did not wish to leave the other without at least letting her know what was going on -especially with the way she was currently feeling.. A strange wonder of if she might be willing to accompany him ran through his mind. He thought surely not, not after what all he had done.. But then, he wondered if maybe his assumption was wrong.. She certainly was not feeling anything he had really expected at the moment..
Hayden headed her way, keeping his walk smooth as he went..
As he saw the spot where she sat coming into view Hayden paused. He wished to speak to her, if she would allow it, but he could not with human ears so near. He turned to his left, sending the human girl similar emotions as he was sending the vampire -but in far less strength-, as he sat her down on a patch of ground near the trees trunk that held little snow. “I’ll be right back.” he whispered to her as he turned to approach the other girl.
Hayden had never attempted holding both, a human and vampire’s, emotions at once before, and he hoped it would not be any different than holding the emotions of multiple humans or vampires at once -he had done that.
Hayden saw a small stuffed animal held within her hands, he wanted to smile lightly at the sight, but did not know if she might think he was mocking her.. The word endearing came to mind as he took in the sight of her. Was that why she was feeling the way she was? Reminiscing?.. Hayden nearly sighed at the sound of that word floating through his mind. Don’t think on such things.. he thought lightly s his eyes took in the sight of her tattered bag. That was his fault to..
Hayden cleared his throat lightly, trying to push away the feelings of guilt at being responsible for her possessions being ruined. He hoped what ever had been within the bag was okay.. Her stuffed animal looked to have made it, and she had not been carrying it before, so it had to have been within the bag.. Perhaps, if there had been anything else, it had made it safely through the fall as well.
“The girl, she needs help.” he said in a low voice. “I.. Well, I didn’t really think it would be polite for me to leave you here without saying something, even though my previous actions may be considered rather impolite.. So..” Hayden paused with uncertainty. This girl had baffled him, and now he seemed so unsure of what to say.. “I think I should get her to town… And I’m sure you are rather thirsty.. I wouldn’t be able to.. hinder your need to feed, but I’m sure I’d rather not hear the details later.. If there might be able to be a later..” he finished, his unsure tone lingering heavily with each word. His last few words were spoken in a near whisper, but he did not have to bother wondering if she had heard -she was a vampire after all.

--------------------
Serena
Posted: Jan 10 2009, 03:58 PM

“It was I.” Skyla heard the one with the angelic voice say in a low tone. Oh, so he really does smell like his coat...or his coat really does smell like him. Hmm....I'm not sure any of that made sense. Does it matter if it does or not anyway? she thought and then frowned mentally. Did that make any sense? Oooo....who cares. she thought as the angelic voice drifted to her ears again. “I think you might need to see a doctor.”
Doctor? Isn't it too late for that? It is too late for that. I'm so tired and by the time he reaches a doctor I'll be more then asleep....or is it passed asleep? she wondered. Obviously her thoughts were confused and not really making sense to her anymore. So sleepy....I can sleep...as soon as I see him. I'm sure of that. I just..want to see what he looks like....and thank him... she thought slowly as she struggled to open her eyes.
“I’ll be right back.” the angelic voice whispered and she had the distinct feeling that her heart was trying to stop at his words, but that her current health wouldn't allow it. Right back? Right Back? RIGHT BACK?!? she thought in an increasingly wild voice. But I didn't get to see him. I didn't get to see him and he's leaving already. I'm so sleepy and I didn't get to see him. I'm going to sleep without having even a little glimpse of him... her sleepy sad thought drifted off as she was blinded by a bright light.
Confusion.
What was that? It was beyond bright and it was setting her eyes on fire, making her want to close them. Close them? My eyes are open? she thought in shock, and then pushed it aside as well as her pain as she moved her eyes wildly to see the one with the angelic voice. All she needed was a glimpse and she could sleep...
There! Just a little away from her. He was moving away from her...walking away from her...No...gliding? Is that the word? she wondered sleepily as she took in what she could see of him, which wasn't much. Her vision was apparently blurry and the only thing she could make out was the small fact that he was rather tall. Maybe when I'm asleep I'll be able to see him better.... she thought in a drowsy tone.
"It's okay. Take...your time. The pain is gone. Nothing hurts anymore, so.....so I don't think I need....a doctor." she said in a drowsy raspy whisper as she blinked slowly. She knew that he couldn't hear her, but she would feel better if she said it. "Thanks....for the coat..." she finished in a trailing off tone as her eyes closed and she began to slip into darkness....

--------------------
asianperson
Posted: Jan 13 2009, 08:22 AM

Vampire

OOC: sorry, i'd posted something but i decided to rewrite it. sorry. i've been real busy.

This post has been edited by asianperson on Jan 16 2009, 10:32 AM

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2170 seconds | Archive
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Forbidden Fruit CBox

Forbidden Fruit Affiliates
Photobucket TwilightForum