InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Falcon Loyal. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Browsers and site performance, IE v7 and Firefox v2
Clouser
Posted: May 25 2007, 11:03 PM

No need to learn to spell Putrifino.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I recently reloaded my internet facing system and tried to just use one browser to conserve space on the C:/ drive. The problem was that the more I used this site with IE v7, the slower it ran. I continued to determine if the problem would go away without intervention and to determine just how bad it would get. Well, it got bad. It was taking a full minute to display a single page after selecting a forum link.

I just loaded Firefox v2 and things are moving along nicely. Has anyone else had this experience?
RayEdmondson
Posted: May 26 2007, 05:14 PM

Falcon Sentinel

Group: Members
Member No.: 23

It's loading ok, but there is a slight delay when typing and when using the scroll wheel on my mouse. I use Firefox, but thought I'd try it with IE7 and I am seeing a slight delay.

--------------------
user posted image
I think the Dolphins, Bucs and the Panthers just proved:  Looking tough in orange, teal and pewter is like trying to road rage on someone while drinking from a juicebox...Courtesy of David Fleming, ESPN.com
RayEdmondson
Posted: May 26 2007, 05:16 PM

Falcon Sentinel

I'm doing this reply with Firefox and the delay is no where as noticeable as it was in IE. I would stick with Firefox if I was you.

--------------------
user posted image
I think the Dolphins, Bucs and the Panthers just proved:  Looking tough in orange, teal and pewter is like trying to road rage on someone while drinking from a juicebox...Courtesy of David Fleming, ESPN.com
MLibid
Posted: May 26 2007, 06:05 PM

Falcon Sentinel
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 123

I wouldn't be surprised. Compared to Firefox, Internet Explorer looks like an inexperienced, cheap browser that you would find only by clicking spam banners.
RayEdmondson
Posted: May 26 2007, 09:17 PM

Falcon Sentinel

QUOTE (MLibid @ May 26 2007, 06:05 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised. Compared to Firefox, Internet Explorer looks like an inexperienced, cheap browser that you would find only by clicking spam banners.

So very, very true....All Microsoft did with IE7 was imitate Firefox's tabbed browsing...Other than that, it's still a hunk of junk...

--------------------
user posted image
SoCalFalconFan
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 10:53 PM

Falcon Ranger

Member No.: 118

In my experience, Firefox blows IE's doors off. I use it exclusively.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Rickus25
Posted: Jun 7 2007, 09:37 AM

I'm what Willis was talking about..

Member No.: 68

I always use Firefox, IE 7 is a dog. I used it for a week and it is a slower rip-off of Firefox.

--------------------
user posted image
BreadSlicer
Posted: Jun 7 2007, 11:12 AM

The Cunning Linguist

Member No.: 11

Both FF and IE7 have memory leaks but IE7's is much nastier. IE7 is also using the Phishing filter which also slightly degrades performance but it can be disabled.

All in all FF has less overhead and is thus leaner and quicker but it's still an IE world out there...

I've actually experienced problems with FF not loading all the graphics from FL and tried it in IE7 and it work OK but that's the exception not the rule. FF and IE7 just handle their cache differently.

Personally I am 90% FF but as I mentioned there are some situations that you have to use IE with.

--------------------
user posted image
BigManChili
Posted: Jun 7 2007, 12:11 PM

The Linguistic Dreadnaught

Group: Global-Mods
Member No.: 29

QUOTE (BreadSlicer @ Jun 7 2007, 11:12 AM)
Personally I am 90% FF but as I mentioned there are some situations that you have to use IE with.

And for those, I have a plug-in for Firefox that can load pages with the IE engine, but do it in a Firefox tab.

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (BreadSlicer)
Nothing escapes the Dreadnaught.

He's a heat-seeking missile to bad grammar.
RayEdmondson
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 10:58 AM

Falcon Sentinel

QUOTE (BigManChili @ Jun 7 2007, 12:11 PM)

And for those, I have a plug-in for Firefox that can load pages with the IE engine, but do it in a Firefox tab.

What's the name of the plug-in???? I'd like to download it....Thanks... good.gif

--------------------
user posted image
BigManChili
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 04:58 PM

The Linguistic Dreadnaught

Group: Global-Mods
Member No.: 29

QUOTE (RayEdmondson @ Jun 12 2007, 10:58 AM)
QUOTE (BigManChili @ Jun 7 2007, 12:11 PM)

What's the name of the plug-in???? I'd like to download it....Thanks... good.gif

IE Tab.

Sorry I never saw this until now. I never looked at this forum, because there's no Falcons stuff up here. I just happened to be doing some "spring cleaning", and noticed this thread with the unanswered question to me in it.

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (BreadSlicer)
Nothing escapes the Dreadnaught.

He's a heat-seeking missile to bad grammar.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Forum News | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6924 seconds | Archive
Graphics and styles by BreadSlicer.