Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Den Tree. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. To register click on the register button in the top left corner above the add. Thank you.

Name:   Password:

Ruger 10/22 TD
wvmountainhick
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:46 PM

top tree dog

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Just picked up a new Ruger 10/22 TD. I don't have any pics yet but it seemed to shoot the Wolf match ammo and the CCI subsonic segmented HP real well. I need to get a good round in it that will anchor a turkey because I plan to take it to Stonewall next weekend when we go fishing. If the birds are gobbling and it's before noon, gonna just beach the boat and go get one. I'll try to get pics on soon.
wvcurhunter
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 07:54 PM

Ruff-N-Rowdy Kennels

Member No.: 1

Mr. Ruger at it again...... funny.gif thumbs_up.gif
wvmountainhick
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 08:44 PM

top tree dog

Can't help it. It's like a monthly crack addiction. I actually went in there looking for the 77/357 rifle they had. That would make a sweeet lil gun for shooting deer at cclose range from a blind. I really like the .357 cartridge and not sure that it's gotten it's full credit.
wvmountainhick
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:29 PM

top tree dog

Here's some pics and a quick review:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The gun came in a neat lil bag and if you put a compact scope on it that's flush with the end of the reciever, it will fit into the bag without having to remove it. Lets face it though, the gun was designed to be used with iron sights. That being said, I took the scope off of it about 15 times today and disassembled the gun twice as many times and it still brought me back to zero for the most part. All groups are 5 shot groups shot at 40 yards as that was the farthest the range stretched. It really seemed to like the fast stuff and absolutely loved the Wolf Match Ammo but I didn't use much of that because I was looking for something with a little more "umph" behing it to tackle a turkey this coming weekend. I'm going camping/fishing with a buddy this weekend and if the birds are still gobbling during legal hours while we're on the lake, we're beaching the boat and taking after them. Wish us luck. The groups aren't great but I've found it hard to find a gun that likes the hyper-velocity stuff. This gun seemed to chew them up just fine. Also, the first cold bore shot is low-right almost every time. The only exception was with the Wolf ammo. Going to get a bunch of that stuff real soon. Should make some great squirrel killers.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
wvcurhunter
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:23 PM

Ruff-N-Rowdy Kennels

Member No.: 1

Great looking gun Hick. Think the CCI's held better. I like those American Eagle Shells that gun held it ok too. It will defiantly kill some thing.
wvmountainhick
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:31 PM

top tree dog

It's really not that picky when it came to the ammo I shot but the CCI's seemed to have less effect on the first cold bore shot. I did find out that it hated the 40 grain American Eagle and Federal solids. Makes sense though since they are both manufactured by Federal. Probably the same round.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic Options

Skin created by Nike_. Find more great skins at IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0849 seconds | Archive