valign=

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Den Tree. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. To register click on the register button in the top left corner above the add. Thank you.

Name:   Password:

Accidental Bear
wvmountainhick
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 06:07 AM

top tree dog

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Most of you have probably seen the bear story from earlier so I'll give you the short version.

My friend and I were doe hunting last Saturday and I'd shot a doe at about 8:15. We met up at the deer at around 8:30 and took a picture. He dicided to go get the ATV as I gutted the deer and when he returned I was finishing up. I noticed a couple deer running to the thicket in the bottom of the property and told him to use my gun to shoot one since he'd already put his gunin the truck. As he watched the bottom I saw another deer coming from our left and realized that they were coming from a location that I'd watched all morning and knew they weren't there earlier. After pointing that out and wondering why they were running, he stood up and pointed out that they could have been running from the bear. I turned to see the bear and frantically grabbed the gun from hi hands and blasted away. The first shot missed, the second broke her back, and the third hit her behind the shoulder. It's not a huge bear by any means but it's my first and made me very happy. My guess was 175 lbs and the taxidermist guessed 165 lbs after taking the measurements. It was a pretty good morning to be in the woods.

user posted image

user posted image
wvcurhunter
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 07:48 AM

Ruff-N-Rowdy Kennels

Member No.: 1

Hey buddy ain't nothing wrong with that...Congrats to you. I would love to take a bear. Have you got bear fever now?? ....haha
wvmountainhick
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 09:53 AM

top tree dog

Not really a fever but more a sense of accomplishment. I've been trying to get a bear for 15 years (I'e bought stamps for that long anyway) and never thought it was going to happen unless I could get with a group of guys with dogs. I love to run with dogs but do to my schedulse and the fact that I don't live local anymore has made it difficult. This was a real Christmas present.

BTW, the Salvation Army is now taking up donations to help get my family back on its feet financially after my discussion with the taxidermist. If you'd like to make a direct deposit I can pm you my address.
wvcurhunter
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 10:04 AM

Ruff-N-Rowdy Kennels

Member No.: 1

I would say that thing did cost a good bit to have done. Did you go with the half mount?
VADAN
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 06:10 PM

Unregistered

What is the status on the jerkey?
skeets
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 09:24 PM

top tree dog

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

your the man mr. hick. i aint killed that much meat in my life lol. i hope you and your family have a great christmas buddy.
wvmountainhick
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 10:22 PM

top tree dog

QUOTE (wvcurhunter @ Dec 16 2011, 03:04 PM)
I would say that thing did cost a good bit to have done. Did you go with the half mount?

Went half mount for sure. The rug was $1100 and I wanted to keep that white patch in tact. The half was a touch cheaper (but not much) and I at least have a place to put it and it will look nice. I've got nowhere to display a rug properly.
wvmountainhick
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 10:24 PM

top tree dog

QUOTE (VADAN @ Dec 16 2011, 11:10 PM)
What is the status on the jerkey?

Got it all ground up today. Going to be working on it next week. Might just have some ready by the time I come down that way.
wvbearhunter
Posted: Dec 17 2011, 05:53 PM

advanced member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

CONGRATS HICK
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Skin created by Nike_. Find more great skins at IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3171 seconds | Archive