valign=

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Den Tree. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. To register click on the register button in the top left corner above the add. Thank you.

Name:   Password:

Kennel Cough?
dabber
Posted: May 25 2011, 03:53 PM

DON'T TREAD ON ME

Group: Members
Member No.: 29

I don't know anything about it, but my beagle has been taking wheezing fits that last 10-45 seconds. I looked up kennel cough and it seems that may be what it is. I need to get her checked out.
wvcurhunter
Posted: May 25 2011, 05:36 PM

Ruff-N-Rowdy Kennels

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm not real sure about it. I will ask my wife. She may know. Hope she gets better!!! pray.gif
wvcurhunter
Posted: May 25 2011, 06:39 PM

Ruff-N-Rowdy Kennels

Hey man I did some research. Looks like garlic cloves boiled in some water to make a broth and proud over her food will take care of it. I looked at a few different sites and ran into this remedy a few times. They also said that is usually goes away on it's on and in most cases a vet isn't needed. Hope this helps!
wvmountainhick
Posted: May 25 2011, 09:09 PM

top tree dog

Member No.: 2

If it's kennel cough don't blow your money on the vet and don't use the garlic cloves as previously suggested. I'm not saying that it wont work but you don't know if your dog is allergic to it. That being said, it will clear up on its own as wvcurhunter stated. My Lucy dog had it a while back and it's a pain in the butt and makes you think that the dog is croaking but it passes and they tend to be just as happy as before. If you've noticed a change in the activity of your dog then get it checked out. You can also find examples of what it sounds like on the internet thanks to Al Gore. LOL
dabber
Posted: May 26 2011, 01:26 PM

DON'T TREAD ON ME

Member No.: 29

Thanks guys. She's just as happy as she ever was. So I will see. It is a bit unnerving though!
wvcurhunter
Posted: May 26 2011, 01:29 PM

Ruff-N-Rowdy Kennels

Yeah their just as much a part of your family. It should go away on it's own.
wvmountainhick
Posted: May 26 2011, 06:55 PM

top tree dog

Member No.: 2

Don't sweat it. It's fairly common. It does make you want to cry when they have those fits like that though. Nathan's spot on as well. They are very much a part of the family.
wvcurhunter
Posted: May 31 2011, 09:44 AM

Ruff-N-Rowdy Kennels

Dabber how is your dog doing?
spotted dog
Posted: Jun 4 2011, 04:24 AM

Member No.: 23

I have give dogs Terramycin for coughing and it helped it go away but i dont know if it was kennel cough or not because they are alot of things that will cause a dog to whezz and cough and a vet will tell you that a dog has it but it may just be the beding or something else ... Dimpsy ...
VADAN
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 11:37 PM

VADAN

Member No.: 39

If your dog has kennel cough it was transmitted by another dog. It is contagus and will spred from dog to dog. The good news is it doesnt last long. No meds are needed. Try to keep her away from any other dogs.
JWLuther
Posted: Jan 29 2012, 12:26 PM

top tree dog

Member No.: 73

Back when I raised beagles I had a lot of trouble with them coughing and thought it was kennel cough. I took one to the vet and he told me that was very common in beagles and that it was actually a reverse sneeze which sounds just like kennel cough. He said it was very common in beagles where they keep their noses to the ground and can get lots of dust and particles in there. He also told me when one did it to just kinda massage the throaght in an up and down motion and it would make them quit and may help break the particles free
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Skin created by Nike_. Find more great skins at IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3381 seconds | Archive