Oranges In The Sun created by Adamo of the IF Skin Zone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Cadre. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Warvault Webring

Join The Librarium Online Banner Exchange

Vespids, What to do with them?
vedalslayer
Posted: Sep 5 2008, 09:52 AM

Command

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

A question to the Tau players of the Board.

Vespids.

are they any good, how do you use them and what can they do well? discuss

--------------------
user posted image
The 'Fal'co' Contingent
Commander Sureblade
shasocastris
Posted: Sep 5 2008, 11:31 PM

Nimbosian High Commander

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

Hmmm, actually with all the increases to cover bonuses, vespids might be worthwhile now. The main problem is that they aren't the greatest at killing marines. They excel against sisters of battle and eldar aspect warriors, but only when they get at least one markerlight. I'd try them if they were BS 4 but BS 3 is severely lacking... Especially with a one shot gun...

Cheers!

--------------------
"The gue'la will either except our destiny, or die!"
-Shas'o Castris

user posted image

The forum for the Tau Redux: http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Cadre/index.php?showforum=27
Saxonfly
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 02:09 PM

Shas'Saal

Member No.: 31

I used them several times for surprise attacks, I found them very effective in this task, if you deploy the Vespid in board at the beginning of the battle, they will be killed very early. Another set back with the 5th edition is that now that you can not consolidate assaulting another unit, you can not take full advantage of their I 5 status.

So... I reserved them ever, for attack any annoying enemy unit and probably sacrifice after that.

Cheers... Sax.
Angel_Wings
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 05:32 PM

Shas'La

Member No.: 20

I like the Vespid fluff and the models that represent them, but they just don't work for me and I don't know why. . .

--------------------
Honor The Fallen. . .
steck
Posted: Oct 17 2008, 01:53 AM

Shas'Saal

Member No.: 42

i dont like the models, and from what i have heard they are a bit better in 5th but not much (i havnt used them yet)

--------------------
Shas'O'Mont'Korst'la
commander war reaper

H'esav'geka
we are better than you

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=44888.0
shasocastris
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 12:19 PM

Nimbosian High Commander

Member No.: 9

I think vespids are better suited for killing eldar than they are marines. Aspect warriors are all wounded on a 2+, and their armour doesn't help them, only cover, so a group of warpspiders of striking scorpions could really feel the pain if they got jumped by a unit of these. Plus vespids match them in initiative if we decide to charge tongue.gif

Cheers!

--------------------
"The gue'la will either except our destiny, or die!"
-Shas'o Castris

user posted image

The forum for the Tau Redux: http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Cadre/index.php?showforum=27
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2158 seconds | Archive
Disclaimer: This website is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited. Warhammer 40,000 is a registered trademark and/or Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2004. All Games Workshop words and phrases herein are used without permission. No challenge is intended to the status of these or any other trademarks of Games Workshop Ltd. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.
This skin was posted at the IF Skin Zone.