Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The 2 Gs - CSRN. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (221) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The Arsenal, all Arsenal all the time! The thread
fotographer
Posted: Jun 27 2007, 06:55 PM

World Cup Super Hero Poster

Group: Members
Member No.: 57

Welcome all, to the well official Arsenal FC thread.
Here you will find probably all the info you ever need regarding Arsenal.
For those of you new to Arsenal, let me provide you with a bit of history, and too all of you that are already fans, please bear with me.

Arsenal was first founded in October 1886, it was born when workers at the Woolwich Arsenal Armament Factory in North London formed a team called Dial Square FC

The club turned professional in 1891 and than changed its name to Woolwich Arsenal, and at that timed moved in to Highbury Stadium as a second division side.
The club joined the football league in 1893.

After WW1, Arsenal were voted in to the new expanded first division, and I am happy to say that they have never left.

Arsenal have gone thru many manager thru the ages, notable managers include
Herbert Chapman, Tom Whittaker, Bertie Mee's, And Geroge Graham.
All the above managers had considerable success.

The current manager Arsene Wenger took over in 1996 and has led Arsenal to many a silverware.

there that should do for the history lesson today.

The new season will be upon us soon, lets hope Arsenal will do well and bring back some silverware for both the players and fans.

fotographer
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 03:59 AM

With several "star" players leaving Arsenal over the past few summer, its refreshing to see that Freddie wants to continue playing for Arsenal.
Wenger policy of not giving more than a 1 year contract to players over 30, has not swayed Freddie away from staying.
I think, and let me say that I respect Wenger, but having too many young players with no established players to show the way has hurt us last season.
With Freddie staying, and hopefully not being confined to the bench due to injury, he can be a leader on the ground.
fotographer
Posted: Jun 29 2007, 05:02 AM

Well Arsenal fans, not much to report today, its Friday, there was a car bomb in London, Di 10 year annver. and well most of the office staff will be taking a long lunch.
The sun is reporting that Man U are interested in Owen, I think we should pick him up.
Injuries aside, he could also come off the subs bench, play 35 minutes or so, and be a good goal poacher for us.
the best part is that at this point, the asking price is not that much. I believe around
6million pounds.
Plus it would silence all the critics that say Arsenal no longer have English players on their side. (everyone always forget about Theo)
cheers boys and lets see what good news monday brings.
fotographer
Posted: Jul 2 2007, 07:52 AM

well, its monday on a short week for those of us in the USA.
Amazing, that after no rumour talk, Arsenal have signed a striker, 24 year old Croatian Striker Da Silva.
dont really know much about his play on the field,but he has scored against England in a match recently.

Price is rumoured to be around 16million pound. will be calling a few of my mates in England to see what the press and fans are making of this new signing.

this would seem to end the purist of the New Castle striker we were looking at last year.

lets see what the rest of the week brings

fotographer
Posted: Jul 2 2007, 09:44 AM

all right your Gooners out there, there seems to be reports that Reyes might be staying at Real. Not that I want any player back that does not want to play,
what do you think he current value might be? it would help us out $$$ wise, especially since we are looking at a defender costing around 6 million.
Lets see what Real really think reyes is worth. After all didnt he win the leg. for them?
fotographer
Posted: Jul 3 2007, 05:44 AM

well its a Tuesday and not that much happening in the Arsenal camp.
We still looking at a few more players, one midfielder and 1 defender, but again, rumours , so will leave them alone for now.
Interesting note: Real, of curse have shown interest in our player Reyes, but of course they want him on the cheap. I say n less than what we paid. He is still young, has talent, and heck. we could use the money.
Its ashame he did not want to stay in London, I was at the his first game for Arsenal and had the potential to become a great player. oh well reyes too bad.
fotographer
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 05:27 AM

Well, hope everyone had a safe 4th, hopefully no of you are in jail.
Not much happening in the Arsenal front today. As probably most Arsenal fans are aware, we dont seem to govern much in terms of making news until the deals are done.
The only point of note today is that the Arsenal board have offered Wenger an extension and are waiting for him to approve. There is of course more money involved.
I am sure that all of the Arsenal faithful are hoping that he will sign.
Also out there is that Wenger let TH-14 go, because he felt that TH-14 had played his best years at Arsenal and that a new start might do him well.
fotographer
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 06:58 AM

For all Arsenal fans, and those of us who support other teams but want to watch a real team play,
work in progress, and I will confirm in about a week or two,

the following:
2 club level seats to all Arsenal home games. I have the opportunity last year to use these, (behind goal)
club level means FREE beer at half time... drink up boys, and your above and left of the away fans.

there not cheap, but well worth it. Details on how you can use them will follow.
These are not thru a broker or anything like that, you basically pay fed-x from the usa and the current exchange rate)

so, let me know, some of the games have already been spoken for, (chelsea, spur, and man u that I know of already)

DFWGOONER
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 07:20 AM

Reserve Team Member

Member No.: 136

QUOTE (fotographer @ Jul 5 2007, 06:58 AM)
For all Arsenal fans, and those of us who support other teams but want to watch a real team play,
work in progress, and I will confirm in about a week or two,

the following:
2 club level seats to all Arsenal home games. I have the opportunity last year to use these, (behind goal)
club level means FREE beer at half time... drink up boys, and your above and left of the away fans.

there not cheap, but well worth it. Details on how you can use them will follow.
These are not thru a broker or anything like that, you basically pay fed-x from the usa and the current exchange rate)

so, let me know, some of the games have already been spoken for, (chelsea, spur, and man u that I know of already)

Hhhmmm sounds interesting. I am going over hopefully in February, my mates over there said that they should be able to get me tickets but more than likely me and the wife would not be able to sit together.
This might be something I will definitely be interested in.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
fotographer
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 07:26 AM

QUOTE (DFWGOONER @ Jul 5 2007, 07:20 AM)

Hhhmmm sounds interesting. I am going over hopefully in February, my mates over there said that they should be able to get me tickets but more than likely me and the wife would not be able to sit together.
This might be something I will definitely be interested in.

no problem, mike. There great seats, and like I said, once I get the go ahead, I will post the games that are available for the upcoming season.
your wife and yourself will have a great time, the new ground is great, although I do miss going to Highbury, but when your sitting in the new ground and you look around at 60,000 plus, its great
DFWGOONER
  Posted: Jul 5 2007, 10:00 AM

Reserve Team Member

I can imagine.
We are so looking forward to going, just hope the $ is there when that time gets here. Luckily I got a mate that we are going to be staying with in London so that is going to cut back on the $ we have to spend for a hotel.
I keep joking with the wife by asking her "if we could only afford for one of us to go, she won't mind if I go without her right", well not really joking but she doesn't think it would be fair for me to go without her.
I personally think that it would be, she has just become an Arsenal fan within the past year and me well since 00/01 and since all of her dreams have come true (house, kids, car, etc..) I think it wouldn't be too much to ask if it came down to just having the money for one of us to go to let me go without any grief.
Boy I get started on that topic and I can just keep ranting forever, lol.

I think there should be a "Make A Wish Foundation" for overseas Gooners, LOL!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
fotographer
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 10:37 AM

unfortunately there is no such thing. Seats now are easier to come by for Arsenal.
but they are also alot more $$$$.
Most of my friends in the UK are supporters, so I can pretty much get tics for most games. the problem is the $$ not so much as in getting there, but my tab at the locals.

Your wife, will be impressed with the tickets that are soon going to be available.
you could call it a second honeymoon or something.
anyway, check back at this thread for details.

P.S. I think she is probably right about you not going by yourself. Especially since she is a fan.. just prepare her for the language she will hear from the younger fans there.
DFWGOONER
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 10:59 AM

Reserve Team Member

Lol, probably something along the lines of what she hears form me during the season. She is used to the language.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
fotographer
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 12:07 PM

Its amazing, everything I go to an Arsenal game live, I pick up more and more swear words and the combinations in which to use them... and this is from kids sitting around me. biggrin.gif
fotographer
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 05:18 AM

Well its Friday, finally the odd feeling week has come to an end.
a few notes on the Arsenal front, as we have come to expect from the Real ,
they of course, again, have spoken to a member of Arsenal, while still under contract
well at least according to them, yes our coach, of course why would I expect anything less. Arsenal of course have to defend.
Gilberto will be capt. of the team, and he should be, We handed professional contracts to quite a few young players, lets see how they develop.
Was checking both the full and reserve squad for Arsenal, and you know what, we got some pretty good players.
Enjoy the weekend everyone.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (221) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4096 seconds | Archive