Photobucket

RPG-D Photobucket BTM affiliates THIS IS MY HELL

Graphics and board created
by the staff of TEOO

this skin was made by SIMI
of RPG-Directory.

the sidebar is by brook (never look back.) of RCR, RGU, & Blank Pages

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Edge of Oblivion.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. 99% of our board is viewable to you. Before registering, we only ask that you please read the rules carefully. If you don't know where to look, the quick link can be found in our sidebar to your left. We hope you enjoy your visit and we would love to have you as a member.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The will of the Gods, The fall of an angel
Lorn Michaels
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:47 AM

Unregistered

Okay, so at the moment, I've only got threads for Lorn to interact with people and make friends (and possible enemies, if anyone wants to thread that?) but with the whole 'higher power' not being specified, and Lorn's need to be told what to do (otherwise, you know, he'd be lost like a puppy), I need a way to break him away from Heaven and said unspecified higher powers that gave him his position as a hunter and a guardian.

Basically, I want to make Lorn Fall.

The problem being, Lorn is devoted to the higher powers that rule him and follows blindly without question, so I can't do it alone (or with NPCs). If anyone's got any plot ideas and is willing to help corrupt my beloved angel, maybe help him out afterwards or simply just kick his ass, please post here happy.gif

A few details that might help:
He does have morals and isn't as cold hearted as he can sometimes seems (although I know none of you have seen that in him yet). He will hesitate if he thinks an order is wrong, and has a conscience to be played upon. But he also believes that the higher power (the Angel royalty, God, The Archangels, or Heaven's council - to speak of a few of the rulers of Heaven I've encountered and/or played) can have no fault, and it's his faults that make him hesitate.

... I might add more if I think of anything that might help in coming up with a plot, but for now, that's all
Gamble Reines
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 04:22 PM

Death is a dish best served cold.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I didn't see this until you mentioned it. I have Dante and he's a Shapeshifter that could pose as someone Lorn trusts and trick him into doing something. Did you have something in mind? Something specific that he would fall for doing? Maybe some more plotting would be helpful to give me a better idea on what Dante could do. But he's up for mayhem and deception anytime.

--------------------
Tommy Goldfeather
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 04:41 PM

Unregistered

Um, okay. so your idea for getting Dante SENT to get to lorn would probably work well, since Lorn's a really good fighter (he spent an almost straight ten years just working on his fighting and hunting skills) and would have been sent out to hunt down various demons that have crossed the metaphorical lines in what they can and can't do on Earth, he may or may not be known as an enemy.

He's fiercely loyal to Heaven and whoever-the-heck is in charge, so it could be seen as a good tactical advantage (if needed) to turn him against them.

Also, what would work is arguably nothing short of mental-torture. There's one or two angels that taught him - the details of who they are and what they're like can be completely up to you, I don't mind - that he trusts implicitly to never lie to him, and if you take one of them (...their form, their knowledge of them - maybe a second demon, npc of course, could be used for telepathic purposes?) and then adamantly feed him the lies you want him to believe, he'll believe them. ...................... and that's all i can think to say.
over to you again.
Gamble Reines
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 04:59 PM

Death is a dish best served cold.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ok so let me get this straight. Lorn studies under two angels and learns different things from them. Basically trusts them with his life. Dante would be taking on one of there forms and using there powers to distract Lorn and get to him. What would make him fall though? A woman? the death of one of those two? A simple persuasion of the mind? What would Lorn's weakness be in this aspect? and is it something that can be obviously known or found out?

And also, You can use God and Satan by name if you want. I just did Higher powers for those who don't believe in the same thing. Its a more general and spread out term than specifying. So its up to you.Just thought I would explain that since you seem to be getting aggravated at the term. tongue.gif

And I'm not too sure what you mean by a telepathic demon. You want both of them to show up to make Lorn fall? Cause I was thinking that maybe Dante could take a trip and kill both of them, but take on one's appearance. Maybe use that to break down any strengthened walls Lorn might have. and we could work it out from there.

back to you....

--------------------
Tommy Goldfeather
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 05:14 PM

Unregistered

Well
yes, he learned under about five angels in total, but there was definitely one or two (at most) that stuck with him the whole ten years. To stop confusion, we'll say Two were his personal mentors and the other three just elder angels that helped...

Women wouldn't make him fall because (lol) he's still not over ash. The death of one of his mentors in front of him in a way where he could help but didn't would make him give in a little, but not make him completely fall. It would make him easier to bend/make fall if they died by the hands of another angel or in a situation where he would think himself responsible for not helping them -> E.G he was restrained but not helpless, himself; wasn't fully aware of the danger or thought they could handle it.

This is a bit confusing for me to explain, but his weakness could be seen to be his commitment and loyalty, meaning anything that could be seen as 'unholy' that's done by another Angel (especially those he trusts ... I.E his mentors) would hurt him and make him extremely confused as to the morals of the other angels and those of Heaven itself.

((And yeah, I was getting pretty aggravated trying to keep it ambiguous lol))

by Telepathic demon, I mean, someone that could help transmit what Dante say to lorn straight into Lorn's head using memories and/or images and the like (possibly stolen by the real angel Dante is impersonating, Dantes own memories/the demons memories or pure imagination IDEK) because in my take on how an angel (or lorn) is trained is through physical and mental/telepathic means. Lorn won't believe that it's his mentor unless he has some kind of proof through the methods of communication they always use, which is a sometimes-confusing mix of verbal and telepathic conversation... um ... the best comparison I have is Eragon and his dragon Saphira in Eragon :/ if you've read/watched it.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5234 seconds | Archive

Skin called "Anamatron" was created by SIMI of RPG-DIRECTORY