----

Photobucket

RPG-D Photobucket BTM affiliates THIS IS MY HELL

Graphics and board created
by the staff of TEOO

this skin was made by SIMI
of RPG-Directory.

the sidebar is by brook (never look back.) of RCR, RGU, & Blank Pages

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Edge of Oblivion.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. 99% of our board is viewable to you. Before registering, we only ask that you please read the rules carefully. If you don't know where to look, the quick link can be found in our sidebar to your left. We hope you enjoy your visit and we would love to have you as a member.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Out for blood, Plot discussion
Laena Delecourt
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 08:34 PM

Unregistered

Forgive the bad pun title, but nothing more original sprung to mind.

Putting this one here because I am looking for plots in general rather than a specific job or role to be fulfilled.

Brief intro to my character, Laena. She was a witch from the 17th century who eventually ran into a vampire, and since being transformed had lost most of her morals and therefore got heavily involved in necromancy/demonology and the other really nasty kinds of magic. She has a craving for recognition that motivates her to do potentially unwise things, like being in the public eye when a lot of her activities would make it smarter to keep a low-profile, but it also makes it easier for her to make contact with other vampires.

I can see some angles:

Research, presenting some of her knowledge to other sorcerers. Trading knowledge?

Requests from her demonic contact: other character could be the contact.
… Or the request involves them in some way.

Her habit of giving shelter to homeless people, she could meet a down-on-luck character.
… Or someone notices her searching for a new handyperson and she is kind of out-of-place.

Organising a supply of live victims through a hostel or temporary hospice, giving vampires feeding opportunities or providing test subjects to necromancers.

Making contact with other vampires, if there is a reason why vampires in Chicago would have a society of sorts.

Work, Laena could easily meet other characters while performing at a club, or be using lawyers from one of the demonic law firms to manipulate contracts in her favour.

These are all pretty basic ideas, but once I get a reply we can flesh them out further.

At the moment I am looking to avoid antagonistic threads where Laena is an enemy with the other PC, I have had a few of them recently and I want to try something else.

However, feel free to mention any other plot ideas you think of that she may be suitable for.
Tristan Shadwynn
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 02:08 PM

Unregistered

RAISES HAND!

I need plots, and where as makign Tryst suffer is my goal, I have that taken care of.. He could TOTALLY use a friend, maybe she see's him use his magic, and is intrigued at the strangeness of it? or, maybe she looks at hsi aura or somethgin and sees his uniqueness, and or Lyo (his other soul). or .. i dont know .. he is homeless and needs friends!
Laena Delecourt
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 03:27 PM

Unregistered

Hi there!

Sorry for the delay in my reply. It had been a while since I posted this up and I kind of figured no one would reply. I am definitely interested though.

Laena probably has a policy of greeting supernatural beings she encounters by default, unless they seem dangerous to her, so she could just notice him and make an introduction. The big question is how/where they are likely to meet. What does Tristan tend to do? Where would someone be likely to find him?

If he is literally homeless, Laena could give him a roof over his head. She collects homeless people to help around the house - they get food/shelter and she gets someone to run her errands. Of course, when she notices what he is that could develop into more of a friendship or at least friendliness between the two.
Tristan Shadwynn
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 04:06 PM

Unregistered

Literally homeless, Tristan is about 60 years old, but he doesn’t know that. He has been a roving vagabond for that entire time. It's a bit complicated to explain.. but the simple answer is he generally doesn’t remember anything, even sometimes minutes or hours after it happened. He remembers BIG things, but the little day to day stuff goes in one ear and strait out the other a few minutes later. He is not really short of cash, his magic helps him stay well enough off to survive. He is however still homeless.

One could Really meet Tristan anywhere. Well, anywhere a minor could go..... it would be remarkable unlikely for him to ever set foot in a night club without having someone taking him there. However he pretty much goes everywhere. Docks, parks, malls, shopping centers, warehouses, and the occasional rooftop. He can get just about anywhere. And I can make wonderful excuses for him to be in said anywhere.

Oh and don't worry about taking so long, i'm kinda slow as hell myself
Laena Delecourt
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 02:51 PM

Unregistered

Sounds simple enough. What I will do is have Laena doing her people-search as before just to give her an excuse to be in the area and then cross paths with Tristan. I will start the thread in the Industrial District.

Anyway, pleased to meet you and I look forward to writing with you.
Tristan Shadwynn
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 03:24 PM

Unregistered

Aww wi pleased someone, its been away......

And that sounds perfect Rail, as soon as i see it up i will work on a reply
Laena Delecourt
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 06:19 PM

Unregistered

New thread up. smile.gif
Tristan Shadwynn
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 06:27 PM

Unregistered

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Xochi Quetzal
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 06:48 PM

Unregistered

Hi! Just here to say I would totally love to get Xochi in on the epic crazyness here (read the thread - it's so wonderfully weird!)

The kind of jobs Xochi's used to doing seem to be exactly what Laena collects drifters for. As long as she wasn't aware of Laena killing people, Xochi would be quite happy to work for her. She could pass on the bits and bobs she knows of magic, grow some fancy-ass botanical spell ingredients for her and might possibly be one of the few people who'd go along with Tristan's odd behavior (for instance talking to a bear wouldn't be that strange to her)

Could I suggest my little homeless goddess runs into either one of them at some point & gets introduced to the other? *hopeful grin*
Laena Delecourt
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 02:48 PM

Unregistered

That sounds great. I would love for you to join us (I was about to call you feathered flower but it sounds much better in Nahuatl than it does in English).

Laena has no problems lying about the fact she is a murderer. tongue.gif She would definitely be interested in working with Xochi, and I actually think Laena is eager to have a student as well if Xochi wanted to learn from her.
Tristan Shadwynn
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 03:11 PM

Unregistered

I already told Rail i'm Down, Tryst needs more crazy friends!
Xochi Quetzal
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 04:47 PM

Unregistered

Yay! Oh, if anyone calls Xochi feather-flower in any language she'd be chuffed! Xochi could definitely use a mentor, for everything from reading and telling the time to western magic and what the less familiar supernaturals roaming around are. If Xo trusts her she'd even let Laena drink her blood to see if it increased any of her vampy/witchy abilities...

Also, yay for clueless Xo and crazy Tryst (someone needs to give the LyoBear a bit of needle, thread and detergent pampering)!

If I let you guys finish your industrial district thread first then I had an idea - Tryst is being chased through the park lands by someone (cops? muggers? vamps? imaginary pink elephants?) and crashes right into Xochi's little hidden encampment. There's a kerfuffle, they both get hurt, Xo can heal the fae but not herself - maybe being healed helps Tryst gets his head together just long enough to get the idea to call Laena or bring Xo to her?
Tristan Shadwynn
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 04:51 PM

Unregistered

oh no, Teddy is the teddy bear, and his is ... well imaginary friedn .. Lyo is the ... Elf bound to his soul......

and tryst in trouble.. sounds amazingly hilarious. and quite his standard M.O.

i'm down
Xochi Quetzal
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 04:53 PM

Unregistered

Ah, right, gotcha! I may, possibly, use that as a running joke then, let Xo constantly get things like that mixed up!
Laena Delecourt
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 02:37 PM

Unregistered

All of this sounds great to me! Also, chuffed is a marvellous word!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4170 seconds | Archive

Skin called "Anamatron" was created by SIMI of RPG-DIRECTORY