These are the Tenivede Outpost Forum Rules. If you see someone breaking one, please PM one of the administrators or moderators so the problem can be dealt with.
Anyone complaining about the following rules on the forums and complaining about them being too strict will be given a warning. You are welcome to speak your mind here as long as you do it in a constructive and respectful manner.
If you receive a warning and do not agree with it, please PM any Admin on the forum and we will investigate it and try to work with you.
Here on Tenivede, it is expected that you show respect to the other members. Anyone being disrespectful will be given a warning. If the problem persists, you may be banned or suspended.
GENERAL RULES - Apply to all boards:
1. Post on the correct board - You will see descriptions for the forums. It should be self-explanatory what you can and cannot post.
2. No spamming - This normally includes one word responses (Cool, Huh?, Awesome, etc.). Now if one word is an appropriate response to the post, it is allowed and NOT considered spam, but we would prefer you use more than one word normally. This also includes no substance in the post, as in just smilies. Be reasonable.
Make your post have substance in it. Spam posts will be removed.
If you are reading a post and see something you consider spam, please do not add more spam by replying to it and saying "this is spam". Please send a pm to any of the forum moderators along with the link to the post. Also if you see a post posted in the wrong forum a reply of "wrong forum" is considered spam, this also should be reported so it can be moved.
S = Stupid
P = Pointless
A = Annoying
M = Messages
3a. No flaming - Do not flame any other members of our forums. If you do, you will be instantly given a 20% warning (Possibly along with them, if they flame back.), and will be watched by the administration. If you flame again while being watched, you will be temporarily banned for 7 days. If it continues, you will be permanently banned.
3b. No posts or chat discussions that are racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminating. However, religious/political statements in signatures are permitted, as long as they don't disrespect other religions or other political points of view.
4. No UPPERCASE POSTS - If you start typing and notice you are typing in all caps, click on that caps lock button to the left on your keyboard. Typing in all caps is considered shouting and is not proper forum etiquette. If you post in all caps, your post will either be deleted or editted.
5. Forbidden Topics:
a. No original subjects to be started advertising ANY web sites on the boards, for instance - "I created a new forum come check it out". We do NOT allow advertising on this forum!
b. You may post links, however you must not use tricks when posting them (For example, having the clickable link say www.google.com, but when clicked, it goes to www.somewhere-else.com)
c. Posting password/pin scams- This will always result in a severe warning, or ban.
6. No posting of related topics in multiple boards - Any posts that are similar that are posted on numerous other forums are not allowed. Only one post is necessary under one board. Any double topics like this will be deleted.
7. Never use another members signature, avavatar, or underbanner without asking them and receiving their permission to use it. Doing so is just like stealing from them and will not be tolerated.
8. Warning System -
3 warnings will equal a 3 day ban from the site.
4th warning will be a week ban.
5 warnings total is a permanent ban from the site, so if someone gets a week ban and comes back and gets a single warning they are gone for good.
Warnings will periodically be removed if you demonstrate good behavior for an extended period of time. Warnings usually decay away automatically after one month.
We reserve the right to automatically ban a person depending on the severity of the circumstances.
9. Please do not ask to be a mod, do not ask what we look for in mods or any questions pertaining to becoming a mod. Anyone pming a staff member or posting about being a mod will be in violation of the Tenivede rules and be subject to discipline. Violating Tenivede rules is an automatic disqualification of becoming a mod!
10. SEARCH FIRST!
Do not post a new topic without first using the search feature! Searching for a topic and posting a reply is preferred over starting a new thread when possible. This keeps discussions about the same subject together and makes it easier for everyone to find them.
11. Please do not accuse members of cheating (inside other posts) on Tenivede unless you have proof to back up the facts. If you do, then those should be pmed to an admin.
12. No posts regarding buying/selling/sharing accounts or lending out an account for someone to use.
13. Multiple Tenivede forum accounts are not allowed. You may only have one Tenivede forum account per person and one person per forum account, unless you have permission from the admins of the site. You may not share a single forum account with multiple people! We track IP's so we know for the most part when people do this. We realize there are homes with multiple users and we will make sure we do not restrict homes with multiple people from each having an account, but we will figure it out eventually if you are trying to pull a fast one. Your account on Tenivede can be banned for this type of behavior.
14. No posting any kind of material, graphic or otherwise, that may be found inappropriate or obscene to the Tenivede age range. Especially pornographic material, and very bloody/gory pictures. Also includes racist pictures such as swastikas, etc.
15. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden here and throughout the entire internet and world in which we live. Copying somebody else's guide, signature or other work, whether from another site or this site, and claiming it as your own may result in a warning.
16. Bumping topics is not allowed. Especially if you just put the word "bump" - it will be locked.
17. National and international laws apply to the Internet. Do not post here encouraging people to do anything illegal, such as pirating software etc.
18. Do not reply to rule breakers telling them that they are breaking the rules! The only people who should be giving out warnings or friendly reminders are those responsible for moderating the forum. We have a system in place for those who break rules, and it allows for second chances already. It makes it more difficult for moderators when someone alerts another person to their offense and gives them time to change it, or when people quote the offending text, forcing us to have to remove both the quoted text and the offending text. If you see a rule breaker, pm an admin and then give a description as to what rule is being broken. Do not post that you have reported their post or that you think their post is in violation of the rules, or you will consequently be held in violation of the rules yourself.
Additionally, if you are a Quayroth Empires player, you must follow all Quayroth Empires rules to continue playing. The same goes for all other RPGs you take place in. But the main rule for any RPG: Have fun playing it!