Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Telia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Terra, Mir and Tetra
Symphia
Posted: Nov 30 2009, 05:00 AM

Subject Omega

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

She looked up at the ship on the launch pad and sighed. I'm sorry, Dimitri, but this is part of my job still... she thought, looking over her shoulder at TXS's HQ. Mir turned back and looked up at the ship again. I hate space... The liaison walked across the tarmac and to the boarding ramp. Several other higher ranking officers were standing by as well as a very tall woman she didn't recognize.

After straightening her suit and patting some dust from it, she walked up and saluted. "You're late, Ms. Dark," Samuele said, stepping from the shuttle and down the ram.
"I'm sorry, sir," she said, blushing. He smiled then laughed. "Sir?"
"You're going back to Terra, Mir. I need you to tie up some things before we complete the move from the old headquarters to the new," he explained, causing her eyes to go wide. "Hopefully the Spinward Pirates will keep out of our way this time," he added, his mood shifting from light to dark.

"I hope so too, sir," she giggled, turning to board the shuttle.
"One more thing, Ms. Dark," he began, she turned to face him. "Bring me back a bottle of Port, would you?" The red-haired woman smiled then nodded.
"Of course, sir!" she replied, stepping from the tarmac and onto the ramp and boarding the shuttle. She seated herself near the middle of the craft and closed her eyes.

Samuele next turned to the rest of the men and women assembled. "Now then, I expect you to fire everyone not directly related to our supply lines. I want all the scientists relocated here, is that understood? There's a good chance one of the Terrans will have the ability to replicate Omega," he said, causing the other men and women to nod. "Dismissed," he said, grabbing a very tall woman by her should. "Tetra, I expect you to protect Ms. Dark with your life, that includes giving it for her. She is the key in all of this. Though she may not look it, she has a tongue of pure silver and a heart of the hardest steel. Dismissed." He walked away, smiling to himself as the shuttle readied for lift-off.

--------------------
Jupitersthunder
Posted: Nov 30 2009, 07:46 AM

Outcast

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 50

The air hung tense, still and quiet around the base's Space Port, not because something was about to happen, but because the big cheese had decided to show his little lackey off to Earth, as if someone was going to give her the wrong instructions on how to sit down. If Tetra hadn't known better, she would have assumed that the CEO and fiery liaison had something going - but whatever - who did who was none of her concern, and certainly not what she cared about. She stood an impressive six inches above nearly every other person beside her (by 'beside', she meant two feet away on either side), and her expression didn't exactly read 'happy'. It never really did.

The Special Security Guard watched the red-head climb into the shuttle, turning to face the CEO and listen to his instructions before giving an automatic nod and a "Yes, sir." She turned to follow the liaison into the shuttle, but was held back by the CEO, a palm resting on her shoulder. If she had her way, he wouldn't have an arm to touch her with. Unfortunately Tetra didn't always get what she wanted; but listening to instructions on how to bodyguard from a man who is constantly guarded is kind of redundant. "I know that, sir..." she replied clearly, expression unchanging as she turned and entered the space craft. She had been to Earth before - not many times, but some, for sure.

The shuttle was set out very differently than you might imagine. Instead of high-tech control panels and such, it was set out more like you'd expect an aeroplane cabin to look. Rows of comfortable looking seats were spread out in aisles, from front to back, and most of them were empty. Tetra would have normally chosen the seat furthest away from everyone else, but somehow that made keeping Mirellia safe from potential harm... difficult. The dark-haired woman slowly advanced to the front of the shuttle, sitting down in the window seat next to the fiery liaison without permission. She sat silently, and didn't bother with any pleasantries. Perhaps she could get through this ride painlessly.
Symphia
Posted: Dec 1 2009, 01:03 AM

Subject Omega

Mir squeezed the arms of her seat and held them tightly, her knuckles turning white. The shuttle hadn't even left the ground yet. She positively hated traveling from world to world. The liaison heard someone sit next to her on the window side and she was sort of grateful. She opened her two-toned eyes and glanced over at the passenger next to her. It was the tall woman she didn't recognize.

She wore the dress of the non-combatant military personnel, but held herself like one of Samuele's personal bodyguards. "Is this your first time going to Terra?" she asked, happy to have something other than lifting off Telia's surface to think about. "I was born on Terra, but I've been working on Telia most of my adult career," she explained, suddenly finding herself talkative.

The crew finished the final checks and the door slid shut, locking in place. "This is the captain speaking. Our flight today will be to the Orbital Station. All personal belongings can be claimed at the luggage claim, and we are no responsible for lost or stolen property. We'll be launching in two minutes, that is all." The red-head's talkativeness died immediately and she resumed her grip on the seat as the shuttle began to taxi to the pad.

--------------------
Jupitersthunder
Posted: Dec 4 2009, 12:24 AM

Outcast

Tetra was alerted by a sudden low-pitched voice asking her questions. Her head turned to the right, brown orbs narrowing on the red-headed liaison instantly. She didn't answer, but rather, watched her talk nervously. The bodyguard's eyes were oddly transfixed on the other woman's face in slight wonder. Her expression slowly, slowly mutated into what could almost be described as a grimace. Tetra's grip on the armrests tightened and she bit her lip; Oh, God... It' talking to me... she thought, nodding once in answer to all the liaison's questions (which didn't make sense, really), before looking out the window.

The bodyguard, not known for her people skills, was on a flight with a woman that probably spent almost her entire life talking. Her eyes at half-mast, Tetra pulled the Glock out of its holster on her hip, ejecting the clip briefly to check her ammunition. It was almost full; one had been fired into a mutant earlier that day as it had decided to take a running leap at Samuele. She glanced briefly around the cabin, finding several eyes on her firearm before she got the clue and holstered it again. People seemed to get nervous around weapons, even though she was the 'good guy' and was on 'their team'.

The pilot's voice crackled and popped over the intercom and Tetra breathed in deeply. She never really did quite like space travel. Places that made her feel off-balance were... her least favourite. Being a hand-to-hand combat expert only made you feel impervious until the fateful day you have to apply your learning in zero-g. The bodyguard shuddered and closed her eyes as the bowels of the shuttle began to flare with a dull roar. Perhaps Mirellia and her weren't that different in that regard; they both disliked things they weren't very used to. Tetra secretly hoped she'd fall asleep on the ride to avoid the sickness that followed launch.
Symphia
Posted: Dec 4 2009, 01:35 AM

Subject Omega

Sitting back in her seat, Mirellia felt the shuttle connect to the linear catapult guide and forced her lunch to stay down. She didn't know why they insisted you eat before launching, but she had, and every time, she ended up feeling horribly sick. She felt like she was going to break a nail from hanging on to the arm rests so tightly, but she didn't have a choice in the matter, her body was tensing up and her hands were unfortunately a part of that.

The shuttled jolted and began accellerating slowly at first, but rapidly picked up speed until the only thing keeping it connected to the ground the was the linear catapult grip arm. The shuttle was carried up the launch tower and hurled from the top, the main engines coming online, producing a rumbling feeling that put Mir's lunch in danger of coating the other passengers and herself.

Soon enough, the sun's peachy-pink glow was gone and the view ports turned from glowing lights to dark abysses. She opened her eyes when weightlessness surrounded them and fumbled with her safety belt before kicking off and heading to the ladies room to empty her stomach. She ended up doing so several times before feeling even the slightest bit better. Slowly, she staggered out of the bathroom and collapsed into her seat, white as her blouse.

--------------------
Jupitersthunder
Posted: Dec 4 2009, 08:10 AM

Outcast

Take-off... well, it was interesting, that's for sure. It always is, because almost everyone in the cabin has the same reaction. Almost all at once, Tetra saw people reaching for the in-flight sick bags and lose their lunch. The bodyguard was not immune to the feeling, but she was able to keep it in check to avoid illness. She had thought the same of the red-head beside her, or, she had, right up until the shuttle stopped rattling and she seemed to scramble in zero-g towards the nearest restroom. Tetra's expression didn't change, but she could perhaps have feigned a chuckle of pity. Girls that pretended to be tough but were really soft little kittens on the inside were inherently odd to the ex-captain.

Was it to scare off predators or rivals? Perhaps. Tetra didn't know; she wasn't one of them, and she knew this because she was strong, and that is why she's in the position she is in: guarding the ones weaker and more vulnerable than herself. The black-haired bodyguard sighed and looked out the view port, gazing out amongst the stars. They were bright, speckled, and to some, filled with wonder. Tetra knew, that they were just collections of energy and part of the universe; nothing more.

Tetra shifted in her seat, just in time to see the liaison return and drift back into her seat... looking less than wonderful. She folded her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow at the woman as their eyes met (and didn't separate for several moments). "Space travel never really did fancy me either," she spoke solemnly, expression unchanging, voice deep and flat. Looking down at herself, she cleared her throat and tightened the arms folded against her chest. Zero-g did odd things to womanly appendages if they weren't kept in check, and Tetra wasn't about to let her chest become the focal point of the ride.
Symphia
Posted: Dec 4 2009, 03:37 PM

Subject Omega

Mir was just beginning to get comfortable when the tall woman next to her began speaking. "I think "don't fancy" is a bit of an understatement..." she groaned, holding her stomach. The shuttle shifted and the liaison shuddered, closing her eyes. "I just wish I was built for space travel... like the projects are..." she said, feeling the shuttle lurch again.

"Ahhh... folks, we're experiencing some technical difficulties, nothing to worry about. Just a little mechanical trouble. We'll be under way soon. Until then, please enjoy the flight." Mir looked out the window and a stream of blue-green liquid was leaking from the wing. She blinked and let her FCS in her replacement eye scan the material; it was rocket fuel! "Oh no..." The red-haired woman quickly realized that the first jolt had been a meteor strike. "We got hit by a meteor and we're losing altitude," she said quite calmly.

In the cockpit, the pilots were frantically trying to shuttle into a stable orbit. "We'll never get into a decent orbit at point! The best we can do is a sinking orbit and hope the Blizzard gets here before we drop out of orbit and burn up... or worse, crash land in Resistance territory..." the pilot said, causing the co-pilot to nod and radio for help.

On the orbital station, general Marcus Andrews watched a shuttle get swatted from orbit by a stray meteor. Soon after, a distress signal came in requesting help. At first he overlooked it, but when a second request came in, stating that Mirellia Dark was aboard, he stepped from his office and began heading to the Minotaur-class warship docked at the station, the Blizzard, the current flagship of the TXS navy.

--------------------
Jupitersthunder
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 07:31 AM

Outcast

The bodyguard smiled and nodded, looking from the groaning liaison to the window as the shuttle rocked again. The fact that the woman was wishing she were a project disgusted Tetra, but she chose not to say anything and simply shrugged in reply. She had focused more on the woman's conversation since she came back sick; but just when things seemed to pick up, the ship jolted again and the Captain's voice buzzed through the compartment. He sounded nervous; which wasn't a good thing. Not a good thing at all. Tetra's eyebrows raised and she looked out the window as the red-head beside her did. The stream of blue-green liquid seemed... quite disconcerting.

It was what the woman said next that actually made Tetra a little nervous. Losing altitude? They were in space. Falling back to earth... could only be bad. The bodyguard could see the liaison's face and eyes slowly get more and more scared, the perspiration on her forehead growing as her breathing grew faster. Still quite used to sitting down, Tetra wasn't about to get the liaison to sit down - even though her being in her face was quite annoying (Mirellia had to lean across Tetra's lap to see the wing of the shuttle out the view port).

Several people behind them, however, had overheard Mirellia, and panic spread as quickly as it could have, from row to row and person to person. A few of them stood, and sat back down, unsure and scared of what to do. A nervous-looking grey-haired twenty-something year old girl screamed, and in turn, so did a couple others. The captain didn't tune in, though it was obvious such a racket could easily be heard from the cockpit. The scrabbling droned onwards, getting slowly louder, louder and louder until the black-haired bodyguard could no longer take it.

"Shut the bloody hell up, would you!?" She yelled above the noise, standing from her seat and causing anyone that was previously standing to sit. "Screaming and yelling isn't going to help; and neither is telling the Captain to work harder on a solution! Everyone just sit down, and wait the fuck up for someone to say what to do!" She finished, taking a fleeting glance at Mirellia and sighing, taking ahold of the liaison's shoulders and pushing her back down into her seat.

"You too, Ma'am."
Symphia
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 12:03 AM

Subject Omega

Mir cursed herself for accidentally causing a panic on the shuttle, it only made her own mental state more unstable. She listened as the tall woman finally quieted everyone down, however, when it came to her turn, she found herself pinned to the seat by the woman's strong hands. "L... let go!" she said, struggling.

The world started to tunnel out around the edges, getting steeper and steeper, until finally, it happened. Mirellia had a panic attack. "NO! Let go! Let me out of the shuttle!!!" she screamed struggling to get away from the tall woman. In her time in the labs, Mir had cultivated a powerful right hook that she lashed out with and struck the other woman several times in her ribs and chest.

"Ma'am! Please get her to calm down! She's only making a bad situation worse!" one of the flight attendants said, doing her best to keep the rest of the shuttle calm. "Everyone, please remain calm and seated. I have been informed that we're having some engine trouble and a rescue craft will be here very soon to take us to the orbital station."

--------------------
Jupitersthunder
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 12:26 AM

Outcast

She heard screams and two or three punches land on her chest and ribs, temporarily catching the ex-captain off-guard and causing her to lose her breath. Tetra hadn't expected anything so chaotic to become of this; especially when a rescue craft was apparently on the way. She held fast to the woman's shoulders (though it became difficult and annoying through all the screaming and writhing), pressing her back into her seat in attempt to get the liaison to recognise what she was doing. "Miss! Calm the hell down!" She yelled above the liaison, quickly realising that yelling at a paranoid and panicked woman... wouldn't calm her down.

Tetra huffed and cursed at the other flight staff, who seemed to be simply standing around. The bodyguard looked down at the woman she was supposed to be protecting with a grimace, and took her by the shoulders towards the back end of the craft. The red-head kicked and screamed all the way, and people looked their way with both annoyed and scared expressions, which Tetra shrugged off as she shoved the woman into the bathroom and locked the door behind her as she entered.

The room was spacious and clean, with pristinely white tiles decorating the floor and walls. There were a few hand-basins and a hand-dryer, and of course, the row of toilet cubicles. The red-headed woman seemed to still be afraid. Tetra dragged her towards the bench with the inlaid basins, lifting her quite easily in the low gravity and sitting the woman on the bench. They were now at eye-level, and the bodyguard took the moment to get a solid grip on her shoulders.

“Ma’am! Please calm down!”
Symphia
Posted: Dec 10 2009, 07:39 PM

Subject Omega

Before she knew what was going on, she was floating over the floor kicking and screaming before being throw against the wall where she began breathing heavily and panting. She slowly stood and brushed some of the wrinkles out of her suit. "Th... thanks..." she panted, unbuttoning her suit jacket and taking it off. The black straps of her lace bra showed through her white blouse. The liaison leaned over the sink and turned the water on, cupping her hands under it and splashing some on her face (and blouse without realizing it.)

Mir turned away from the mirror and sighed. "I'm sorry for my outburst... I've always hated space travel, even though I love working as a liaison for TXS," she explained, her face coloring some. She turned once more and splashed water on her face a second time, soaking her blouse through in front completely, although she didn't realize it at all. She still felt a little sick, but her panic was long gone. The red-haired girl looked at her reflection in the mirror and watched as her HUD came up from standby and her IFF popped up.

The young woman laughed softly then turned and faced the taller woman, holding her sides and laughing softly, her large bust jiggling as she did so. "My IFF thinks you're an enemy!" she laughed, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, trying to calm herself. More than anything, she just wanted to feel better, but all the "space sickness" medicines never worked for her; if anything, they simply made it worse. Mirellia stood up straight and closed her eyes, shutting her FCS and IFF down before coughing lightly into her hand and standing up straight.

"Miss, what's your name anyway?" she asked in an authoritative tone. Mir had authority above the regular army, as she was a member of TXS's administration staff. Although she didn't have to exercise it often as most, if not all, soldiers she'd encountered so far had either been introduced to her by their superiors or had introduced themselves willingly.

--------------------
Jupitersthunder
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 10:09 AM

Outcast

Tetra blinked. The liaison seemed to instantaneously calm down once she was in the bathroom., which told the bodyguard that she had a problem with being in crowded spaces as well as the threat of an oncoming disaster. She examined the red-head closely as she took off her jacket and washed her face (from where she stood she could see in the mirror that she had wet her blouse unknowingly), shook her head at the woman's apology firmly, and looked elsewhere for the moment. "There's no need to apologize. I don't think I've met a single soul that liked space travel." she said, smiling and looking back to the liaison.

The liaison had soaked her blouse through almost completely. Normally, this wouldn't have bothered Tetra, but the red-head had worn a white fabric that decided to turn mostly transparent when wet. Clearing her throat and casting her gaze elsewhere, the brief wash of pastel pink slipped from her cheeks. The bodyguard had to glance over as the liaison began laughing, raising an eyebrow. She hadn't said anything -- what was funny?

Tetra coughed into her hand and cleared her throat again as she heard what had happened, before biting her lip. It was odd to hear that a machine was intimidated by her; but who could blame it? She seemed rather indifferent, possessed weapons, and stood behind Mirellia in quite a masculine stance. Her vision caught the brief jiggle of the liaison's chest, and she rolled her eyes, "Christ..." she groaned, turning away just in time to have to turn around again and stand at attention.

"Ex-Captain of the TXS Military, Serial No. 3897342, Tetra Atiel, TXS Special Security. Pleased to meet you." she answered automatically, having recited her rank and serial number so many times it had formed an iron-hard habit. She offered a hand to shake, though did not smile. "I've been assigned to protect and accompany you anywhere and everywhere you go until I am relieved of duty."
Symphia
Posted: Jan 11 2010, 09:10 PM

Subject Omega

Mirellia blinked, surprised Samuele had gone to such lengths to protect her. "Well, Tetra, so far you're doing a good job," she said, smiling lightly. The liaison kicked off the floor and drifted over to the other woman, looking at her carefully from all angles. "You don't bare the signs of the laziness that other ex-marines have. You've been continuing the custom workout routine TXS uses haven't you?" she asked, reaching out and lightly feeling the dark-haired woman's taught stomach.

The shuttle jostled suddenly when Mir reconnected her deck shoes, causing her bust to jiggle. "What the hell are they doing!? Trying to destroy the shuttle!?" the red-haired woman snarled, pulling her jacket back on and buttoning it. The top button looked as though it were going to pop off.

"This is TXS's Minotaur-class ship, Blizzard. You will momentarily be towed to the orbital station before boarding a jumpship. Please remain calm," the overhead speakers said. Mir sighed, turning to Tetra.
"We had better go sit down," she said, kicking off the floor and heading back to the passenger compartment.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3511 seconds | Archive
Borealis by Nephos of the IFSZ