Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Telia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Slingshot, -Back to Orbit-
Fae
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 12:18 PM

Steel through and through

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12

((Whomever would like to jump in next, feel free. This is open to pretty much anyone, although Lock, June, and Rachel have signed up.))

Chloť rubbed her eyes with her hands, staring out through the thick glass panes. She was starting to see small dots in her vision, things she at first thought to be visions, signs she was going "space blind." Almost like snow blindness, she assumed, although she had never seen snow. She'd read about it. But she had also read in the hacked space logs that the ship she was trapped on was supposed to orbit around the planet for approximately three years. She and Anne had kept a loose track of the days, but it was nearly impossible in space without a counter. Her only measure of time was more accurate with watching Anne blossom into a young woman, watching skin she once could hold easily stretch on long bones that held no similarities to her own.

Anne was asleep, or at least Chloť hoped she was. Her excitement was tangible--they were finally almost home. They were well beyond agonizing over what would happen when the ship landed, or how they would get back to the base without being killed. Anne had shown a new aptitude for technological hacking; it was one of the things that had kept them alive on the ship. Without her, they might have never found the emergency food stores, or how to collect data of their own. Now, they could send a signal to the Resistance for help.

Anne appeared at her shoulder and jabbed her lightly, she smiled without panicking. Being trapped three long years meant that the ship had become a sort of home. She needn't worry about being attacked by unknown persons, the only ones were her and her adopted daughter. "Look!" Chloť exclaimed. Anne laughed and looked over her shoulder, then gasped. They sat there, motionless, for a few minutes, with pinpricks of tears in their eyes, before Anne spoke roughly.

"Move," she said, pushing Chloť out of the pilot's chair. With a few keystrokes, Anne was accessing the radio signals she had spent long hours preparing. A subtle pulse went through the ship, and it was off into space. A signal was being blasted on the frequency only the Resistance knew, and the rogue pirate ships, not that either of them knew that. They had no idea Lock had defected and joined the band of pirates, and that now they probably routinely scanned the station for news.

Although the horizon didn't change, words were flowing through space. "Chloť and Anne here. Not dead. In space. On our way home. Help."

--------------------
user posted image
Playing this fun vocabulary game helps feed people in third world countries... won't you help me?
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Symphia
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 02:21 PM

Subject Omega

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The comm operator aboard the Icicle sighed as she did the millionth sweep in an hour. Several days ago, they'd picked up a weak signal begging for help. There had been more to it, but it had been so weak that she hadn't been able to fully decipher it. This time, however, the signal was nice and clear. "Chloť and Anne here. Not dead. In space. On our way home. Help."

"Ma'am!" she yelled, causing Rachel to appear in seconds, still doing up her outfit.
"What have you go, Kiki?" the flame-haired woman asked, walking over.
"Remember that distress signal from a few days ago? We finally got a clear signal on it," she explained, replaying the message.
"Chloť and Anne here. Not dead. In space. On our way home. Help."
"Well then, it seems we're needed," Rachel smiled, seating herself in the pilot's seat.

"Attention all crew, we've found a distress signal and we're going to check it out!" she shouted, pivoting the ship and punching the engines to full power. The Icicle lurched, then began accelerating slowly. The cruiser-class vessel lumbered across the open space between MNNYX and the coordinates the transmission had originated from.

--------------------
Fae
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 02:42 PM

Anne munched on her space paste, sitting at the small table across from Chloť. Her munches were so loud and rhythmic that they both started giggling at the same time, but Chloť's face was rather gaunt. The food supplies, only meant to last for a certain amount of time, had at first been stretched enormously, and not she was forgoing food so Anne would have more to eat. They were getting closer to an orbital station, so close that they were both slightly nervous. They had been so far out of touch with humans that they weren't entirely sure how they'd act around them.

The older girl absentmindedly fingered a streak of gray hair as she stood up and headed into the cockpit. She flipped through the system check, making sure everything was working correctly. Yesterday, they had done some mods so the ship flew backwards. They didn't want someone seeing them inside as they landed. However, now the cockpit stared out the back of them, not the front. There was no indication another ship had gotten extremely close.

Anne bounded in and hugged her close. "We're so close," she whispered. "If we can make it out of TXS, we'll be home. We'll see Sym and Serena and Eve and Challa and Lock and Sablen and. . . ." She trailed off as she realized how much everyone most likely would have changed, and that some might not even be alive anymore. Chlo caught her train of thought and smiled. "Well, don't worry about Lock. That stubborn mule of a kid never did. It'll still be a week or two before we see any of them, though."

Ironically, the other ship drew even nearer.

--------------------
user posted image
Playing this fun vocabulary game helps feed people in third world countries... won't you help me?
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Symphia
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 03:00 PM

Subject Omega

"Looks like a TXS Gorgon-class Deep Space scout, ma'am," the comm operator said, turning to Rachel. "Ma'am, what should we do?" she asked, turning back to her screen.
"Prepare the docking clamps. If the two from that transmission are really as desperate as their message says, they'll be happy to leave what's left of that piece of junk. TXS doesn't even use the Gorgon-class anymore," she responded, standing as the normal pilot took over.

"I'm going with the boarding team," she said, walking down the hallway to the gangplank. The captain of the Icicle pulled on a suit and pulled out her shotgun. She cocked it and felt the ship jostle. "Docking clamps attached, ma'am. Gangplank docking in three... two... one..." The floor jolted and the assault cutters sliced through the scout ship's hull.

"Okay team, fan out. Don't fire unless fired upon, these two are likely harmless but exercise caution," she ordered, kicking the cut piece of hull out of the way and leading the boarding team onto the ship. "Looks pretty beat up... wonder how long they've been on this junk heap..." Rachel said, rounding a corner and coming to a locked door. Oh please... she thought, checking the control panel. It didn't have power. She rolled her eyes and fired, blowing the lock out of the door. It slid open and her eyes went wide.

"You two okay?" she asked, holstering her shotgun.

--------------------
Fae
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 03:13 PM

Anne nodded to her, clasping her hands for a moment before sliding smoothly to her feet, taking a step towards their room to oil their firearms, something they did every time they woke. Chlo yawned, eyes scanning the cockpit as her ears pricked. Moments later, the ship lurched. Anna narrowly avoiding falling on her butt, while Chloť jumped to her feet.

"Move!" she ordered, and they both ran towards their private quarters, a small storage closet with mats on the ground. Anne cocked her small weapon and tossed a larger one to Chlo, her mind racing. "Resistance can't be out here, it's got to be unfriendly. They know. What do we do?!"

Chloť grimaced as she attached a clip on her own firearm. "Calm down or we'll be killed. If they board us--" She was cut off by a sharp click noise as the gangplank attached to their ship, and Anne hissed. "Lock the door, ice the area right in front of the door, and sit down." She raced to obey, and the temperature dropped sharply.

A round of fire nearly made Chlo jump out of her skin as the door was blasted into opening. A completely unfamiliar figure stood there. "You two okay?" Anne and Chloť gaped at her for a moment, but Anne came to her senses first. "Who the fuck are you?!" she asked, to be followed by a sharp whap across the forehead from an irritated Chloť. "Watch your mouth!"

--------------------
user posted image
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Symphia
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 03:44 PM

Subject Omega

Rachel stared as what appeared to be a child shouted at her, only to be hit. "Well, I deserve that considering my means of entering," she said, stepping closer. "I'm Rachel Marche, captain of the pirate vessel, Icicle. We picked up your distress signal and decided to come investigate," she explained, placing her hands on her helmet and giving it a sharp twist to one side. There was a hiss and squealing sound before she pulled it off and smiled, her red hair floating around her head.

"C'mon, this Gorgon-class piece of junk is on its last legs. We had to punch a hole in your hull, so you've really got no choice," she said, feeling a little embarrassed. She turned and walked away tucking her helmet under her arm. "C'mon then, we'll get properly introduced," she said, holding a hand to her headset. "Team, occupants found, scuttle the ship and we'll kick her off, hopefully we can hit the orbital station with her," she said, stepping back onto the gangplank.

After a few minutes, several other members of the crew returned and stood around, looking curiously at the pair of oddly clad girls Rachel had found. "Don't mind them, they're just suspicious of newcomers," she said, holding her hand to her headset again. "Kiki, how're we looking?"
"We're good ma'am, I'm jamming all IFF signals and using narrow-band communications. The TXS scum shouldn't be able to even pick us up," the comm officer responded.

--------------------
Fae
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 09:00 PM

Chloť blinked and nodded, her hand still gripping Anne's arm for comfort. A helmet popped off her head almost matter-of-factly, and a halo of red hair blew around her. After having no other human company, she was simply in awe of the first new person she had met in three years. She scrambled to her feet, Anne following in similar awe, although much better contained.

"Team?" Anne inquired. Soon, a few other people arrived, peering at them curiously. Anne became acutely aware that she looked a mess, or as much of a mess a project can. Her identifying marks started to almost burn a hole in her flesh, and she resisted the itching urge to look at them. What if they fear my kind?

She stood almost defiantly, even though she wanted to hide behind Chloť like she had as an infant. Chlo became herself once again. "Well then, we should move. Anne, hun, pack." Anne snapped to attention and started hauling their firearms and packing them. Chloť continued to address the newcomer. "Thanks for picking us up, I dunno what would've happened if we made it into TXS. Chloť Tuille at your service, of the Resistance, as you obviously know, and my adopted daughter, Anne." Anne breathed a small sigh of relief as not being made known to be a project.

((It'd be nice if Lock jumped in!))

--------------------
user posted image
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Lock-Os
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 09:44 PM

That crasy Macross fanboy

Member No.: 18

Yawning, a clean shaven man appeared around the corner in full flight gear. it was Deep blue and dark gray in color, "Thanks for picking us up, I dunno what would've happened if we made it into TXS. Chloť Tuille at your service, of the Resistance, as you obviously know, and my adopted daughter, Anne."

"Oh. The Resistance? I think I remember you guys from there... so, welcome aboard. You'll have a lot of fun here I think. Lots of food and drink, and plenty to do around here. I hope the resistance is in much better shape than when I left it." Lock cracked his neck.

Lock looked over the pair one more time, seeing if they had changed since he last saw them, "I have to admit, I'm much more help up here than down there. I'm not so good outside a vehicle, but up here I'm pretty useful. In any case, I'm quite sure you'll be able to help kick TXS ass up here."

This post has been edited by Lock-Os on Nov 12 2009, 10:04 PM

--------------------
My reflexes have been honed by years of video games! ~Ryusei Date
Lock Ostrie
Evan 'Steel wall' Alpine
Dyne
Fafnir
Project Aries
Fae
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 09:50 PM

The two froze and then slowly turned in synchronization, Anne by a familiar scent, and Chlo by a familiar sound. "Oh. My. Fucking. Gawd." Anne turned to flying tacklehug Lock. It wasn't exactly something she'd normally do, but Anne remembered him well, almost as well as Chloť. She managed to restrain herself, but she beamed wildly as Anne jumped off him. "Oops. Sorry."

Chloť pulled Anne towards her, and explained to the rest of the motley crew as Anne bounced on the balls of her feet. "Lock knew us from back at the base. I suppose he's forgotten us mostly, but we've have more time to brood on our memories. I hate to sound rude, but we're rather keen on getting back home. We're out of the loop... we have no idea what's going on up here, or down there."

Anne coughed into Chloť's shoulder, the air affecting her. "Would you mind if we got off this stinking hull of a ship before we discussed it?" Anne smiled apologetically at Lock, but she was insanely excited to see a familiar face after the years in isolation.

--------------------
user posted image
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Symphia
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 10:07 PM

Subject Omega

Rachel nodded and held a hand to her headset. "Okay team, departing," she said as the airlock for the gangplank locked shut and it slid back into the Icicle's hull. There was a thump and click then a hiss as the inner door slid open. The red-haired woman stepped into the locker room and stripped off her TL 12 HEVC suit, hanging it in her locker.

"Well, Chloe, Anne, welcome to the Icicle," she said with a smile. "If you don't mind, I'd like you two to join the crew. We have contact with Symphia and her Resistance planet side, but we're too close the TXS station to make contact with them safely," the captain explained, almost getting knocked off her feet by a girl with long brown hair. "Yes June-bug, I know," she purred. "I'm sure you and Lock have a lot of catching up to do, so I'll leave you guys for now," Rachel said, padding off with the brunette hanging off her.

Kathrine stepped into the locker room and looked around. "Where'd Rachel go? We've got-oh! Lock, get your ass in gear, we have a burn-out in number three and I need a hand fixing it." She threw a schematic at him and stalked out. Rachel returned and grabbed Kat by the scruff of her suit. "Ma'am?"
"Fix it now..." she growled, causing the engineer to nod.
"Lock, c'mon, get your ass in gear!" Kat next looked at the two newcomers. "Either of you any good with technical stuff?"

--------------------
Lock-Os
Posted: Nov 12 2009, 10:37 PM

"Where'd Rachel go? We've got-oh! Lock, get your ass in gear, we have a burn-out in number three and I need a hand fixing it."

Lock sighed in disbelief. Number three was acting up again. It was a quite troublesome reactor as of late, and only quick fixes kept it alive so far,"Crud, I thought it would last longer than that..."

Any further insightful comments be the assistant technician Lock were silenced when an angry Starwind returned back into there location sans June bug.

"Ma'am?" Kat responded

"Fix it now..." was the response from a very aggravated Rachel, who wasn't all that gentle with Head engineer Kathrine.

"Lock, c'mon, get your ass in gear!" But Lock was already one step ahead of her, heading to the engine room towards the middle of the ship. the rectangular steel hallways were as busy as even and Lock had to dodge more than one pirate not looking where they were floating.

Stopping by the parts room, he quickly kicked off the wall opposite to the open hatch and floated gently past sheets of dark gray neo-steel and rows of replacement lasers glistening in the bright light of the fluorescent bulbs ahead towards the computer hardware was stored. After dredging several boxes of IC chips and the attached boards, he found a close match to what he needed.

Kicking off the ceiling, Lock made his way over to the exit of the room and once again into the hallway, where Kat was waiting, "I think the control unit keeps on blowing out, and then the emergency cut off happens. We can't get it to restart normally and keep it running without the system control unit functioning unless we go fully manual, witch we can not do on that model reactor."

--------------------
Lock Ostrie
Evan 'Steel wall' Alpine
Dyne
Fafnir
Project Aries
Fae
Posted: Nov 14 2009, 12:50 PM

Chloť and Anne stared at the ship in thinly veiled wonder. Although not shiny and new, it was a far sight better than the load of shit they were on. Chloť listened to Rachel while Anne forgot her shyness, stepping forward to eye some equipment. While Anne poked and prodded, Chloť shifted so Lock couldn't see her wrapped in her techie thrall. She spoke quietly to him. "Do you have any news of--"

She was cut off by an incoming crew member. Anne blinked and turned her head to look at her. "We've got-oh! Lock, get your ass in gear, we have a burn-out in number three and I need a hand fixing it." Anne pulled a face, but Chloť had no idea what that meant. "Either of you any good with technical stuff?" Anne silently glided after Lock, leaving Chloť behind, alone. She shrugged and rubbed her arms, feeling a little exposed, before going off to explore the ship.

Anne grasped the doorjamb and watched Lock inspect, eyes shining. He explained the problem, but to himself or to her, she couldn't tell. She wanted to inspect it herself, but courtesy kept her from doing so. Instead she pushed herself forward to glide by, sneaking a glance at the model brand and number. She half smiled, then wiped her face clean. "Our ship runs the same model. If you can get someone to extract it, you can replace it, but you'll have to reprogram the second board, it's got some custom mods on it that I did."

--------------------
user posted image
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Lock-Os
Posted: Nov 15 2009, 12:02 AM

"Our ship runs the same model. If you can get someone to extract it, you can replace it, but you'll have to reprogram the second board, it's got some custom mods on it that I did."

Lock noded his head off to one side, "We are good, Rachel needs the extra mass on that ship to use it as a weapon anyways." Lock gently kicked off and floated down to the reactor room. passing several main bulkheads that signaled the armored shells around the reactor room.

Before leaving the area completely he turned to Kat, "Hey Kat, Chole, and Anne. Could you get me some scrap AL." Lock was using the chemical sign for the metal Aluminum. He planed to use the metal to build an EMP shield around the electronics, extending the life of the electronics inside and hopefully stop the source of the problem.

Once he reached the cavernous reactor room #3 bathed in red light,, he warped the circuit board in plastic to protect it and went to work on the computer terminal. Hitting the power button, it was clear form the blank screen that even the BIOS chip was fried. turning off the system, he went to work removing the entire housing of the computer, examining it while making plans to modify it to solve the problem.

This post has been edited by Lock-Os on Nov 15 2009, 12:05 AM

--------------------
Lock Ostrie
Evan 'Steel wall' Alpine
Dyne
Fafnir
Project Aries
Fae
Posted: Nov 19 2009, 10:12 PM

((Sorry that took so long, I had several midterms to study for ><))

Anne watched Lock take in her comment and dismiss it, but a spark of hope and pride remained in her. Perhaps I can be of some use after all, she thought. As he went off to the reactor room, she headed off in a vaguely starboard direction, looking for Chloť. After a few hesitant calls, they bumped into each other, Anne having found nobody she was able to speak to.

"Do you have any idea where someone we know is?" Chloť asked. Anne shook her head.

"Lock, but he's busy right now. I'm hard pressed to disturb him, though I really want to know the shape the Resistance is in right now."

Chloť tried not to look too worried, but it was obvious she was thinking of her loved ones, and hoping they all were safe. Well, as safe as they can be. An image barraged her of Morgana being killed, and she winced as it was replaced by the same scene, this time with Serena in Morgana's place. Anne noticed, and reached out to gently squeeze her shoulder.

"Let's go back to where we were before, I guess. Come on." Anne gently tugged on her elbow until Chloť's eyes focused, then they navigated their way back to their starting point. Their eyes were both set, and Chloť's ears swiveled in the search for familiar sounds. They were both sensitive, on hyper alert, from being taken out of familiar ground.

"Hey Kat, Chloť, and Anne. Could you get me some scrap Al?" Lock's voice echoed down the hallway, and both of the girls gave a startled twitch, heads whipping about for a brief moment. Chloť looked confused about his use of an atomic symbol, and Anne clarified softly.

"Aluminum. I dunno where Kat is, though, or where we'd get the junk metal. Kaaat..." Anne called out into the hallway, peering out anxiously. As it was becoming more and more apparent, this strange new ship had it's own clock and rhythm that they knew nothing about.

--------------------
user posted image
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Lock-Os
Posted: Nov 23 2009, 01:33 PM

"Aluminum. I dunno where Kat is, though, or where we'd get the junk metal. Kaaat..."

Kat was nowhere to be seen, apparently she was off collecting the scrap metal for what lock had in mind, "Come in here Chloť. It's much safer in here than in the h hallways were someone will mow you over." Lock sat on the ground, tools and parts orbiting around him like a mini solar system.

Looking at Chloť, a warm smile crept over Lock as looked over her. It had been a long time since he had seen her, and it made him happy to see her once again. While Lock always was able to make a few new friends, having an old one around was always comforting.

"So, I guess you want to know all what's been going on at the resistance. Truth is, things arenít all that great. It's sadly not in the best of shape since Sym hasn't been around as much." Lock said, pausing to hear the reaction of Chloť to the news. She probably had questions of her own, and Lock wanted to hear them.

--------------------
Lock Ostrie
Evan 'Steel wall' Alpine
Dyne
Fafnir
Project Aries
Fae
Posted: Nov 23 2009, 06:51 PM

"Come in here Chloť. It's much safer in here than in the hallways were someone will mow you over."

Chloť nodded and slipped through the doorway, shooting into his room safely. Anne saw that she had much to catch up on and bit back her impatience. Instead, she carefully traversed her way to the captain's cabin, looking for Kat. Chloť looked at the whorl of metal that spun around him and grinned slowly, drifting down to join him.

"So, I guess you want to know all what's been going on at the resistance. Truth is, things arenít all that great. It's sadly not in the best of shape since Sym hasn't been around as much."

She sighed. "I suppose that's not exactly a new thing for her, but she worries everyone to death." She winced visibly and swallowed, mouth dry. "Speaking of... is everyone...alright...so far as you know? I've been gone about 3 years now, so you have a time frame. Serena..." She gulped again. "I'm just worried. It's horrible, being out there and cut off. I didn't even know if you were alright." She smiled again, bright and warm. "I'm glad you are, though. Knowing you, I thought you'd be the one who'd run off and do something brave or stupid first."

--------------------
user posted image
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Symphia
Posted: Nov 23 2009, 07:15 PM

Subject Omega

Rachel drifted back into the bridge, making herself comfortable. "Those two seem to know Lock pretty well, I wonder what connection with Symphia they have..." she said, thinking out loud.
"Ma'am, do you think we should try to get into contact with her again?" Kiki said, jamming a channel from a nearby TXS ship. The gunner opened fire and obliterated the craft in one broadside.
"Yeah, but we're way too close to the station right now. How long until we're out of range of the station?" she asked, turning to the pilot.

"About 40 minutes, but we'll have to wait a whole orbit unless we decide to go back to MNNYX," she responded, making a slight course correction.
"It'll take us days to get back to base unless we get the generator fixed..." the red-haired woman sighed. "I'm going to go look for Kat and get an ETA from her. Kiki, don't send any transmissions without my okay." With that, she kicked off the deck and headed down the hallway.

She rounded a corner and collided with the person she was looking for. "Kat! How're the repairs coming?"
"Dismal, ma'am. Too much of the equipment is ruined beyond even being salvageable. We could hot-wire it, but that would run the risk to frying the whole system and leaving us drifting," she explained. Rachel grabbed her left arm and kicked off the wall.
"LOCK!!!"

--------------------
Lock-Os
Posted: Nov 23 2009, 10:10 PM

"I suppose that's not exactly a new thing for her, but she worries everyone to death. Speaking of... is everyone...alright...so far as you know? I've been gone about 3 years now, so you have a time frame. Serena...I'm just worried. It's horrible, being out there and cut off. I didn't even know if you were alright. I'm glad you are, though. Knowing you, I thought you'd be the one who'd run off and do something brave or stupid first."

Lock laughed. "Serena's okay, she's a tough girl. Heck, I bet she and Sym are back in the base, together talking about how to improve the base's living conditions." Picking a random screwdriver out of the air, he went to work removing panels to open up the electronics systems.

After a short while, Lock began to talk again, "But really, I tired to keep the base running without her, but without a strong leader, it's hard to scrap up the manpower to go raid for food and supplies. If it weren't for the occasional supply drop from space, they would have been dead from starvation."

"LOCK!!!"

Lock got up and went to the entrance of the reactor room, "YEAH? I'm working on the reactor here. What's up?" Lock yelled down the hallway, causing some people to move over for the captain.

--------------------
Lock Ostrie
Evan 'Steel wall' Alpine
Dyne
Fafnir
Project Aries
Symphia
Posted: Nov 23 2009, 10:55 PM

Subject Omega

Rachel sailed down the hall with Kat unwillingly in tow and grabbed the edge of the bulk head. "According to our pilot, it'll take several days to get back to base without all generators. I don't want to be stuck in a low orbit so close to TXS's station. The BLAM system can swat us out of orbit without any problems..." she explained, letting go of Kat, who floated in the middle of the hallway before connecting her deck shoes and stepping toward Lock.

She knelt and leaned close to him. "Just hot-wire it, it's not safe, but it'll get us out of orbit," she sighed, grabbing another screwdriver and setting to work. The brunette pulled a couple of pieces of cable and held them together. Sparks flew in all directions, but the number three generator powered back up. "Ma'am, get the ship moving, this isn't any where near safe," she sighed. Rachel nodded and headed off.

"Lock, keep an eye on this for me, I gotta get some wire nuts," the technician said, feeling the ship begin to move. "I really hope this is the best solution..." Kat sighed, kicking off and leaving the wiring hanging out in the middle of nowhere. Electricity arched from the exposed connection to the decking and made the lights flicker.

--------------------
Fae
Posted: Nov 29 2009, 12:49 PM

"Serena's okay, she's a tough girl. Heck, I bet she and Sym are back in the base, together talking about how to improve the base's living conditions."

Chloť breathed a badly concealed sigh of relief. After worrying all this while, she's alright. And Sym, too. She smiled to herself as Lock worked, dismantling the device by removing some panels. And still up to their usual tricks, apparently. She picked at her baggy space suit, a health hazard on all accounts, seeing as loose suits are much more susceptible to dangerous holes. Going on a diet of crappy emergency space food that was meant to be stretched was to blame, she knew. Unfortunately, I also know I look like shit. Lock started speaking again, startling her out of her reverie.

"But really, I tired to keep the base running without her, but without a strong leader, it's hard to scrap up the manpower to go raid for food and supplies. If it weren't for the occasional supply drop from space, they would have been dead from starvation."

Chloť nodded. "I understand. I don't think it's that you're not a strong leader, it's just... everyone is always revolving around her. She's the pivot. Without her, you can try to keep everyone spinning, but they were still waiting on her." She laughed quietly. "Well, I can sympathize with the starvation bit." She picked at the loose space suit again absentmindedly. A loud cry made her jump again, her ears flattening, but she managed to stay calm as Lock was called out of the room.

Rachel and Kat blazed in and out like their own personal generators, barking orders and moving with a sense of purpose. With a shudder, the ship started to move again, and this time, Chloť couldn't stand being without Anne. She called her softly, and Anne bounded in from the other room, zipping through the traffic of the hallway into Chloť's nearly trembling arms. The lights flickered on and off, and Chloť winced, whereas Anne stayed firm. Anne smiled. "Those two do have a way with a ship, don't they?"

--------------------
user posted image
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Lock-Os
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 11:59 PM

"Just hot-wire it, it's not safe, but it'll get us out of orbit,"

Lock sighed, but nodded, "Yeah. I know, another thing on this ship not fully repaired. I'll give it a full over once we land someplace." Lock was uneasy about such an important part being repaired in such a way, but knew that it would probably hold for a while.

Hopefully...

"Those two do have a way with a ship, don't they?"

Sighing, Lock looked at the sparking and quite dangerous wire, "Yeah, they do."

Turning to see Chole' and Anne holding each other, Lock smiled. Their bodes were never heavy, but now they seemed sickly thin. Frowning, Lock gave them a hug as well, "Come on, I'll show you to the kitchen, you guys must be starving."

Picking the two up off the ground, Lock watched as Kat floated in to rig the system, "Hey Kat, I'm leaving to get these two food, okay?" With that, Lock lead the pair out of danger's way of a live reactor room and into the momentarily quiet halls. Moving down, and around quite a few corners, they arrived at the kitchen. The smell of food was present in the air and the reds, oranges, greens, and the other colors of food could be seen floating in space.

--------------------
Lock Ostrie
Evan 'Steel wall' Alpine
Dyne
Fafnir
Project Aries
Fae
Posted: Dec 10 2009, 10:58 AM

Chloť and Anne watched as Lock replied to them all, watching him watch the wire that hissed and fizzed menacingly. His face was calm, but Chloť knew from years of working with him that he was slightly worried. Anne couldn't tell, and stayed within her arms for comfort only. Lock turned to smile at them, and Chloť beamed at him. Anne smiled hesitantly, looking more like a grimace than a smile. He frowned, and Anne looked down, misinterpreting it to think she failed in her attempt at being social.

He floated over and gave them a surprising hug before they were pulled towards the kitchen. The thought of food made their hollow eyes grow wide, and they needed little persuasion to get moving. Soon they sped into the kitchen, and the pair eyed the food hungrily, Anne's stomach giving a rather loud grumble. Chloť elbowed her and laughed. With a brief moment of hesistation, Anne laughed, then giggled. Chloť grinned. "Can we eat?"

--------------------
user posted image
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Lock-Os
Posted: Dec 10 2009, 10:02 PM

Lock sighed, "I'm not evil to bring you into the kitchen to not eat. So go ahead and pig out. Have whatever you girls want." Lock was going to be funny and tell them no, but he thought otherwise. The two had been though a lot, and he didn't want to play a joke on them like that.

Besides, the food was free to all on the ship.

--------------------
Lock Ostrie
Evan 'Steel wall' Alpine
Dyne
Fafnir
Project Aries
Fae
Posted: Dec 13 2009, 07:00 PM

"I'm not evil to bring you into the kitchen to not eat. So go ahead and pig out. Have whatever you girls want."

The girls turned and grinned at each other in perfect synchronization, then dove towards the food bubbles. With wild abandon, they completely pigged out, crumbs of food spraying and floating in all directions. If they had any meat on their bones they would have looked silly, but it was quite obvious they were just extremely, extremely hungry.

The food wasn't particularly tasty to normal mouths, but it was obvious from their nearly spherical cheeks that they enjoyed it, until at least they could eat no more. Almost immediately their pale complexion turned a nasty shade of green. Anne floated over to Lock and whispered, "Where's the ladies' room?" Eating food, and so much of it, after so long had shrunk their already small stomachs. It would take their stomach longer to adjust to having food than their mind had.

This post has been edited by Fae on Dec 22 2009, 03:43 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Chloť Tuille
Morgana Selwyn (RIP)
Subject Psi
Donia Miller
Lock-Os
Posted: Jan 6 2010, 06:42 PM

"Where's the ladies' room?"

Lock gulped in realization of what he had done and turned to point out the Ladies rooms on the other side of the hallway, "They are on the other side of this hallway."

As the two females speeded past him, Lock sighed. He hoped they wouldn't get too sick. they needed food, and badly. but they needed to start eating slowly again, not quickly pig out as they just did.

Standing by the door to the ladies room, he waited for them to appear. Hoping they wouldn't be in their for too long.

--------------------
Lock Ostrie
Evan 'Steel wall' Alpine
Dyne
Fafnir
Project Aries
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.8664 seconds | Archive
Borealis by Nephos of the IFSZ