Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Betilla's Gardens. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Remember:

No double posting or asking for copys of the game!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Rayman Designer And Rayman 1
Aurica
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:59 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 63

I wanted to talk about Rayman Designer and Rayman 1, but my english isn't that good so please be kind xD I'm trying :P

Since I played Rayman Designer Rayman 1 became very... I don't know how to say... lame? strange? boring? :S Because now I know that they made Rayman 1 with the same editor that is used in Rayman Designer. It's not the same anymore :/ It's like they made an editor in one day and just put things together.... then 2 years later they didn't have time to do another rayman game so they just released the editor. Is it just me, or...?

I think the Rayman Learning Center games were also bad and poor. The levels used the same music over and over again ( I mean what was that supossed to be?) and all the maps and events were kind of annoying to me. There was nothing new at all :unsure: And Rayman by his fans is worse.

It seems like they just didn't have the time to do another good Rayman game like Rayman 1. It's kinda sad. Like they didn't want to spend time on a Rayman game that used the same engine as Rayman 1. After Rayman 1 there was nothing good at all. I'm not talking about the Rayman 2-3 era! What do you think? It's just the way I see it. Maybe I'm wrong ;) I would have liked to play another Rayman game like R1 (with the same look). Yeah, I know they tried it with Rayman Learning Center and Rayman Designer, but they failed :S

That's all :) xd

This post has been edited by Aurica on Apr 21 2012, 08:02 PM
RaymanFan11
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:30 PM

Crazy Weirdo

Group: Crazy Weirdo
Member No.: 198

QUOTE (Aurica @ Apr 21 2012, 07:59 PM)
I wanted to talk about Rayman Designer and Rayman 1, but my english isn't that good so please be kind xD I'm trying :P

Since I played Rayman Designer Rayman 1 became very... I don't know how to say... lame? strange? boring? :S Because now I know that they made Rayman 1 with the same editor that is used in Rayman Designer. It's not the same anymore :/ It's like they made an editor in one day and just put things together.... then 2 years later they didn't have time to do another rayman game so they just released the editor. Is it just me, or...?

I think the Rayman Learning Center games were also bad and poor. The levels used the same music over and over again ( I mean what was that supossed to be?) and all the maps and events were kind of annoying to me. There was nothing new at all :unsure: And Rayman by his fans is worse.

It seems like they just didn't have the time to do another good Rayman game like Rayman 1. It's kinda sad. Like they didn't want to spend time on a Rayman game that used the same engine as Rayman 1. After Rayman 1 there was nothing good at all. I'm not talking about the Rayman 2-3 era! What do you think? It's just the way I see it. Maybe I'm wrong ;) I would have liked to play another Rayman game like R1 (with the same look). Yeah, I know they tried it with Rayman Learning Center and Rayman Designer, but they failed :S

Do you like making Rayman Levels. Rayman Designer has 24 new levels
Aurica
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 09:07 PM

Yes I do :P But the 24 new levels aren't that good. They could have done it better.
I have Rayman Designer and the editor is great :) but now Rayman 1 became 'cheap' :unsure:
RaymanFan11
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 09:32 PM

Crazy Weirdo

Member No.: 198

QUOTE (Aurica @ Apr 21 2012, 09:07 PM)
Yes I do :P But the 24 new levels aren't that good. They could have done it better.
I have Rayman Designer and the editor is great :) but now Rayman 1 became 'cheap' :unsure:

Some of the 24 Levels are a little good
Jaxx
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 11:02 PM

Crazy Weirdo

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Aurica @ Apr 21 2012, 08:59 PM)

well, I think you are right in several points. But the good thing of Rayman Designer is that you can make your own maps with all your creativity and with a lot of new events and pxc that we made.
Unfurtunately, yes, the editor is really uncompleted, for that reason it is/was funny to find new codes and use some of the old ones. :)

In my opinion rayman by his friends/per his fans, and all the default levels in this games could have been a lot better.

Now our only hope to play a new Rayman 1 game is on us, the fans, making new fangames of Rayman 1 or hacking the original games and add all the lost things. ;)
filip
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 05:24 AM

Forum Spammer

Group: Loyal User
Member No.: 195

I contradict you totally,Aurica!
I think Rayman 1 and Rayman Designer are very good games :P
But I don't know nothing about Rayman Learning Center :whistle:
RayFan9876
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 06:05 AM

Crazy Weirdo

Group: CW Moderator
Member No.: 3

I don't really feel the same way as Aurica; every time I look at Rayman my mind is filled with beauty and wonder. Rayman Designer is like an extension of that for me, and it's magnificent.

IT WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE MAGNIFICENT IF I COULD GET IT TO ~ WORK.
raymanni
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 07:27 AM

Crazy Weirdo

Member No.: 114

QUOTE (RayFan9876 @ Apr 22 2012, 06:05 AM)
I don't really feel the same way as Aurica; every time I look at Rayman my mind is filled with beauty and wonder. Rayman Designer is like an extension of that for me, and it's magnificent.

:lol: I agree, but mine is working. :P

It would be awesome if they made new Rayman game with Rayman 1 engine... like Rayman 2 early prototype. :) Sad they made it 3D... :(
RayFan9876
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 08:00 AM

Crazy Weirdo

Group: CW Moderator
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (raymanni @ Apr 22 2012, 12:27 AM)

It would be awesome if they made new Rayman game with Rayman 1 engine... like Rayman 2 early prototype. :) Sad they made it 3D... :(

It's not sad they made it in 3D. Face it, Rayman 2 in its current state is far better than what the prototype could have ever been.
raymanni
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:47 AM

Crazy Weirdo

QUOTE (RayFan9876 @ Apr 22 2012, 08:00 AM)

It's not sad they made it in 3D. Face it, Rayman 2 in its current state is far better than what the prototype could have ever been.

Yeah, but I think 2D games are better than 3D games.
filip
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 06:24 PM

Forum Spammer

Member No.: 195

But Rayman 1 is little boring (REMEMBER,JUST LITTLE BORING :angry: ).
It becomes more interesting with help of Jaxx(he hack the game) and Chacanger(he add new worlds and 2 more levels at Cakeworld) :)
raymanni
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 06:54 PM

Crazy Weirdo

QUOTE (filip @ Apr 22 2012, 06:24 PM)
It becomes more interesting with help of Jaxx(he hack the game) and Chacanger(he add new worlds and 2 more levels at Cakeworld) :)

Yes, and with everyone else who makes levels. ;)
Aurica
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 07:23 PM

QUOTE (filip @ Apr 22 2012, 06:24 PM)

Really? Are you sure you don't mean Rayman Designer?
raydesigner
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 11:00 AM

Forum Spammer

Member No.: 163

QUOTE (raymanni @ Apr 22 2012, 09:47 AM)

Don't be stupid, it depends on the game itself.
raymanni
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:24 PM

Crazy Weirdo

QUOTE (raydesigner @ Apr 23 2012, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (raymanni @ Apr 22 2012, 09:47 AM)

Don't be stupid, it depends on the game itself.

Yes, thats right, but most of the games I like are 2D. :ph43r:

PS.

Maybe I am stupid.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1154 seconds | Archive