Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Task Force Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Need a really good army list., REALLY GOOD.
doom_diver
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 11:00 PM

Junior Officer

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

I need a really good Tau killer army list. For 500 Points. What can I do?
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 12:25 AM

Junior Officer

Member No.: 2

Well my Harakoni fight and slaughter a lot of tau so I give it my 2 cents.
Tau gain allot of the strength from a gun line were they kill you as you come to them so you need to disrupt it. I hide my russ be-hide really large cover making it so they can not fire on them with out moving meaning if they try to line up with it I will get the first shot. They are also HORRIBLE at CC. At games dat a horrible guard force representing the harakoni but with none of there special rules fought a cheating and infinitely larger tau force who had the ability to come back the next tun they died. Using some good tactics and utilizing cover we were able to slaughter them. 3 guardsmen could take out 12 fire warriors with out breaking a sweat in cc. Invest in a 5 man storm dropper squads with melts and deep strike have come in behind there line and there melta will kill any hammer head in a turn then if you survive charge the nearest squad and kill them in cc. Trust me it works really well. Other then that just use you list like I said stay in cover and you can out last them. get into CC whenever you can. Make them come to you and ambush them at every step. Good luck the emperor protects.
doom_diver
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 01:26 AM

Junior Officer

This is my army list for them.

Infantry Platoon.

Infantry Squad. 8 lasguns. 1 gernade launcher 1 Missle Launcher. Light Infantry. 93 points.

Infantry Squad. 10 lasguns. Light Infantry. 70 points.

Infantry Squad. 10 lasguns. Light Infantry. 70 points.

Commander. 5 CC weapons. 3 bolt Pistols Light Infantry 53 points

Heavy Bolter Squad. Light Infantry. 90 points.

Infantry Platoon.

Infantry Squad, Heavy Bolter, Light Infantry 80 points.

Infantry Squad, Light Infantry 70 points.

Commander, Light Infantry, 4 Flamers. 74 points.

Points 600

Major of the LVIII
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 09:37 AM

Trooper

Member No.: 14

Don't bother with the Heavy weapons in infantry squads. Just look at it this way - why do you have so many infantry? To CHARGE those blue monkeys. And knock them over. after that it's just a case of mopping up the armour.
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 09:48 AM

Junior Officer

Drop one of the squads and get some deep striking stormies with meltas.
doom_diver
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 11:16 PM

Junior Officer

Okay if I was able to have more points I would use the trooper's with Melta. but in this list I can
A. Kill Kroot.
B. Kill Fire Warriors with one turn of shooting.
C. Kill those suits with some range.
Those were my main goals. Have range and out shoot them. Hasn't failed me in 2000 poiners so It won't ( Hopefully fail now)
Thx dudes.

Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 01:59 AM

Sergeant

Member No.: 7

Since they can't really make an effective list at these points w/ any heavyiier than a piranha, get rid of the Grenade launcher, Missile Launcher, The Vets w/ Bolt Pistols, and flamers. That Should be enough for a new Squad, which is waay more effective than those weapons vs. Tau. You should always severely outnumber him. So, maybe end up with 2 platoons w/ a Command Squad and 3 Standard Rifle Squads, and don't forget the required commander.If you have points left over, by a HB squad. And, although I'm adverse to not using Doctrines on everything, do not use Light Infantry on HB Squads in a competitive list.This way, you should severely outnumber him. Maybe use Conscripts? These are just my thoughts. Also, a good list has ~24 FWs, so you shuoldn't have too many Suits.
Sigma
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 03:28 AM

Trooper

Member No.: 18

It's illegal. You have no HQ unit.
doom_diver
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 11:14 AM

Junior Officer

OMFG. God your right. Why in god's name did nobody else point this out? Jeez. Back to my writin board.
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 11:22 AM

Junior Officer

I did not point it out because a the bottom it says commander with 4 flamers which is the size of a command squad so. blink.gif
Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 02:37 PM

Sergeant

Member No.: 7

And Don't forget Conscripts! Serriosly, when I play Tau vs Guard Conscripts kill everything! Maybe just have something simple - Command HQ (JO), HB Squad, PLatoon w/ CS (JO), 3 Squads, and As many Concripts as possilbe, maybe 4 Squads. That means that you will definately outnumber him, and he really shouldn't have a big tank. If he does, ignore it! he spent too many points on it, and eliminate it last! Also, w/ out upgrades that's exactely 500.
Sigma
Posted: Feb 26 2008, 01:17 AM

Trooper

Member No.: 18

That was a PHQ, Warmaster. You will see that there are two.

And didn't see this earlier but PHQ's cannot take support squads. Your HB squad will have to be moved to the HQ squad.
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Feb 27 2008, 07:30 PM

Junior Officer

Wait and what does phq mean again. Sorry I cant keep up on these things. rolleyes.gif
Edit actually I remember now. Platoon head quarters right. Still I thought that was his command platoon and thats why I said nothing so doom Diver get on that CP NOW! The emperor demands the forces of Task Force Legion to be at full strength for the up coming campaign.
« Next Oldest | Imperial Guard | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2867 seconds | Archive