InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Task Force Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Halo in 40k?
Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 05:44 PM

Sergeant

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

I've been playing H3 lately, and had a thought: Covenant/Humans in 40k as proxies.I've come up with 2 or 3 ideas, but was wondering what y'all thought.
Covenant
Grunt - Guardsmen
Jackal - Guardians
Hunter - XV88/Wraithlord/Dreadnought
Elite - XV8/Terminator
Brute - Terminator
Drone - Vespid
Ghost - Paranha
Banshee - Shining Spears
Wraith - Basalisk/Fire Prism

Humans
Marines - Firewarriors
SIIIs - VX25
SIIs - VX8/Terminators
Mongoose - Piranha
Warthog - Devilfish/Chimera/Predator
Scorpian - LR/Basilisk/Hammerhead
Pelican - Falcon

C&C welcome/wanted, sorry if this is in the wrong section, if so please move. I tried to make the thing's guns work similiar to each other and the game.
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 07:17 PM

Junior Officer

Member No.: 2

Hmm interesting list need a bit of work though.
Perhaps you should make pelicans valkyries as that fits a lot better and allows for more human units to be taken by the same army. Also most people have warthogs as sentinels with multilasers as the LAAGs and las cannons as the gausses cannons. Also maybe space marines scouts as ODSTs.
Thats my two cents.
EDIT
just typed something up

Warhammer Halo
Bolter Battle rifle for ODST
Bolter SMG ODST
Bolter shot gun firing slugs
Grenade launcher shot gun
Hellgun battle rifle tac marine assult rifle fleet marine
Hellgun SMG Tac/Fleet marines
Sniper rifle sniper rifle
Heavy bolter M247 LMG
Rocket launcher Rocket launcher
Las cannon Spartan Laser
Space marine scouts ODSTs
Grenadiers/stormtroopers Tac/Fleet marines
Sentinel with multi laser warthog with LAAG
Sentinel with las cannon warthog with gauss cannon
Valkyrie/ drop ship Pelican drop ship with chin gun, anvil missile systems and rear M247 LMG
Thunder hawk gunship pelican with twin rotary guns, anvil missile systems and M247 LMG
Scorpion Leman Russ
Space marine Scout bikers mongoose unit
Land speeder Hornet
Vulture sky hawk/sparrow hawk depending on armament
Long sword VDR with two assault cannons fro rotary cannons twin linked heavy bolter for vertical guns and a battle cannon for shiva nuclear tipped missiles.

Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 09:15 PM

Sergeant

I forgot about ODSTs! I have to agree, they could be good SM scouts. THe Valkyrie sounds cool, especially in Apoc. games. I thought about making the Warthogs sentinels, but then the Scorpian would be faster (if it did't shoot). Oh, and one more thing - The Scarab. I'd say at least a Warhound, but that makes them a bit... impractical. I don't know, it seems like there isn't much of an equivalent. This is a better idea than I originally thought, maybe I'll make a few models, see how they turn out. Not another project! tongue.gif biggrin.gif Another thought, you talked about having the armies as close to each other as possible. It seems like most of my humans are Tau. Maybe it should be an Orca, or does that not have enough weapons? Looking back on it, the Banshee seems to lack physical endurance, and they're usually in groups of 1 or 2. Maybe the Vyper might be better? I'm kind of out of my element with Eldar stuff, but that sounds about right.
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 10:46 PM

Junior Officer

sounds good. For the scarab how about an elder scorpion

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/scorp2.htm
Deveran
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:24 AM

Conscript

Member No.: 3

i thought about making a Covenant army, consisting of elites and hunters, i was gonna use the elites as guardians,
and the hunter's as wraithlords.
than of course elites with swords for striking scorpions
oh yeah and i was gonna make some jackle rangers.

as you can tell it was going to be an eldar army.

i only made one model for it.

user posted image

more pictures Here.
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:39 AM

Junior Officer

Hey I remember these guys Dev. You should go back to it some time. Great to have you back.
Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 10:27 AM

Sergeant

Whoa, amazing Elite there, Deveran. Ilike that list, but I still think thatthe Warthog like that would be to slow. Also, does the Eldar Scorpian have an AA gun. If so, it would be perfect. Here's what I like so far:

Covenant
Grunt - Guardsmen
Jackal - Guardians
Hunter - XV88/Wraithlord/Dreadnought
Elite - XV8/Terminator
Brute - Terminator
Drone - Vespid
Ghost - Paranha
Banshee - Vyper
Wraith - Basalisk/Fire Prism
Scarb - Scorpian/Warhound

Humans
Marines - Firewarriors
SIIIs - VX25
SIIs - VX8/Terminators
SL - Missile Pod
AR/SMG - burst Cannon
BR - Plasma Rifle
Mongoose - SM Scout Bikers
Warthog - Devilfish/Chimera/Predator
Scorpian - LR/Basilisk/Hammerhead
Hornet - Land Speeeder
Pelican - Valkyrie
ODST - SM Scout
SMG/AR - Shotgun
BR/Shotgun - Bolter
SR - Sniper Rifle
Long sword - VDR with two assault cannons fro rotary cannons twin linked heavy bolter for vertical guns and a battle cannon for shiva nuclear tipped missiles.

What do You think?
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 12:00 PM

Junior Officer

thanks for taking some of my ideas. I know next to nothing about the scorpion so as for it having an AA gone similar to that super needler no idea.
Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 03:35 PM

Sergeant

One other tought: Grunts don't really have leaders (of their own species). Maybe they should be Guardians, and Jackals should be Rangers? Would that fit better? And maybe make the Ghost a jetbike? Maybe w/ Brutes as Autarches so you could fit them into one army. Ssame w/ Drones, and make the Swooping Hawks? I want these armies to be smaller than Apoc scale, so the more units of one army, the better.
Deveran
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 11:28 PM

Conscript

Member No.: 3

well you could pull off a warthog with an attack bike, than you could have squads of them. one driver and a heavy bolter gunner.
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 11:35 PM

Junior Officer

Well actually there are several ranks of grunts.
Minor,major,gunner,spec ops and Ultra.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Grunts
This is a great site for inspiration and info.
By the way you are putting this list together I assume these are covenant loyalists. YOu should also make one for the separatists with all elites,grunts and hunters.
Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 12:37 AM

Sergeant

I knew abouit the ranks, but what I mean is that they don't have people that act like a Lieutenant would: Guide mass numbers of troops in organized, tactical ways. The Majors seem to act more like Sergeants, maybe VS, but not more. Ultras, I haven't seen them in H3, which is what I'm basing these off of, because I find it more accurate, so I don't count them. that sounds interesting, Deveran, but thinking back on it, the gun is not that long ranged in game, so maybe a Piranha would be best. Then I could field almost everything from the Tau army. I'll take that in consideration, though. A separetist (SP?) would be an interesting force. Grunts as Guardians, Hunters as Wraithlords, and Elites as Autarches? though then they would only be as tough as a Grunt, but They would have shields. Hmmm....
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 01:10 AM

Junior Officer

You do know that Autarches are HQ not a squad?
Also ultra in halo 2
user posted image
And in halo 3
user posted image
Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 12:04 PM

Sergeant

Hmm, so there are Ultras in H3. meh, you get my point, and doesn't the Halopedia say they're about as skilled as a Major Elites? Anyway, I do know that they only get to be one per slot, but in small armies that could be slightly right. besides, you could have Autaches as Major or Ultra, and perhaps Striking Scorpians as Zealots, perhaps? maybe Howling Banshees would be better (Image of an Elite in HB suit laugh.gif ). Since Hunters only come in pairs, you could use an extra slot to make Dark Reapers as Ellites w/ Plasma Cannons (Must be possible, look at the Arbiter). I'm sure there's many ways to get more Elites.
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 01:04 PM

Junior Officer

sounds interesting. Though one thing is it is debated whether they are actually ultras although they act the same way. Many people say it would be different because they are under the brutes control.
« Next Oldest | Off Topic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1522 seconds | Archive