zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Task Force Legion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Witch Hunters, About them.
doom_diver
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 10:19 PM

Junior Officer

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

So I decided this totally needed to be spiced up. To get a forum started with about the armies. So then I decided i would introduce the Inquistoin. Grey Knights and the Witch Hunters.

The Grey Knights are at constant war against the Demons. Fighting all of them from the Warp. They are the most outnumbered force in the Warhammer 40 K. Thoug each trooper can hold off its own against a army. They are heavily equiped and usually lack fire power. To make up for this a tank usually comes in.

Witch Hunters. These are a great army. Always searching for Heresy within the people of the Imperium. They hunt down those who are Choatic and destroy it all.
This army is one of the well balenced armies in the whole game. They have the average Sister which has B4 and a bolter with Power Armour. Only for 11 points rolleyes.gif They have a good close Combat teams. (Repentas, Arco Flaggents) They make great allies and can have a army of them. (If you can afford one.)
So this is the main things of the Inquisition.
Holtor Flavian
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 10:21 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

well true but I prefer demon hunters. 1 I think that hunting demons makes more sense and that the witch hunters should be made into xeno hunters, and 2 I love the power the demonhunter allies add to my nid huntin gguard. (it helps to have some gray knights against the never ending tide of gaunts...)
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 10:31 PM

Junior Officer

Member No.: 2

Ordo xenos forever. I got my Deathwatch inquisitors and inquisitorial stormies and they have never let me down. I use codex demon hunters but am still waiting for codes xeno hunters.
doom_diver
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 10:32 PM

Junior Officer

There is no doubt in my mind that Grey Knights are fantastric allies. They are that point at the ends of the hammer. What ever the Guardsmen can't finish the Grey Knights will.
Holtor Flavian
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 10:33 PM

Administrator

only problem with gray knights is I don't like their fluff but to frag with it they are to good to let that bother me.
doom_diver
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 10:38 PM

Junior Officer

Yup. They have good fluff to. Just read a few books. There are about three good ones. Try The code. I think that is what it was called.
Holtor Flavian
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 10:44 PM

Administrator

so, radical or puritain inquisitors?

I don't hold with those heretical radicals...
Warmaster Luthar Reak
Posted: Dec 13 2007, 10:54 PM

Junior Officer

Member No.: 2

I dont read ordo malleus stuff but heres a great series of ordo xenos Eisenhorn, Ravenor and the warrior brood coven ect novels.
Aslo I here The Inquisition War is very good.
Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Dec 14 2007, 12:20 AM

Sergeant

Member No.: 7

Although I like the Witch Hunters fluff, Grey Knights are just fun. Especially against Chaos, plenty of inv. killing shots. And radical Inquistors just don't quite fit me, they're suppossed to be these great and strongly-willed men, yet chaotic inquistitors are more common than chaotic Guard around here.
doom_diver
Posted: Dec 14 2007, 01:05 AM

Junior Officer

No. It is the other way around. In fact they used to have men for them. They were called the Traitor Guard.
Holtor Flavian
Posted: Dec 14 2007, 10:59 PM

Administrator

Blasphemous dogs... you can't use the warp, it uses you.
Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 12:14 AM

Sergeant

Doom_Diver - I remember Traitors, I have an army of 'em (forgot about that in a different post). However, where I live, most people at GW play radical Inquistors.

Everyone - Are the Eisenhorn books still in production? I want to buy some, but can't find them in the bookstore. Sorry if slightly OT
doom_diver
Posted: Dec 15 2007, 01:12 AM

Junior Officer

Um no. They are now in Printed a Omibus of them all. i think it is called EisenHorn. Or somethin.
Colonel Kevlar
Posted: Dec 16 2007, 06:22 PM

Sergeant

Thanks, Doom_Diver. Also, does anyone here still play the old LatD in the back of the witch hunters book, apart from me? They're really funny, especially when you use Tau as the base army.
doom_diver
Posted: Dec 16 2007, 06:34 PM

Junior Officer

Nope. Srry. Don't even know what you are talking about. Is it the old dex?
« Next Oldest | Inquisition | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1359 seconds | Archive