zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Talmyer. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

 Gifts and Curses, In Character
Gabby
Posted: Feb 16 2008, 09:25 PM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 12
Member No.: 19
Joined: 16-February 08



She tossed and rolled in the queen size bed, the covers tangled around her legs, and a sheen of sweat covering her body. With a stifled yelp, she sat straight up in bed, gasping for breath, her chest heaving as if she were drowning, her short-cropped blonde hair matted to her head. With a shaking hand she reached for the light on the nightstand, only to hit the glass of water and knock it, with a shattering of glass, to the floor.

"Crap", she muttered as she stood up, throwing the blankets back and finally finding the light, turning it on with a snap.

She went to the kitchen, to get a hand towel. When she came back, she mopped up the water, and then picked up the glass, studying the sharp pieces, turning one over in her hands when it caught the light. She winced once when it cut her finger, and then she grew fascinated by the large drops of the blood that dripped from her fingertips to the floor below.

She looks at the cut - something was moving inside it. She looks at the glass, and then she plunged it into the cut, gouging out, cutting deeper, revealing a black shiny skin under her flesh. She prodded it, but nothing happened. She continued to cut, blood running freely, splitting her arm, more black shiny material under the skin, like chitin on an insect.

When she reached her face, she screamed, once.


She sat up in bed, screaming, reaching for her face, finding no blood, her arm intact, her breath heaving as she tried to stop screaming into the darkness. She reached for the light, and screamed again, when the bottle of water on the bedside table fell, clattering to the floor.

Gabriella sat for the longest time, staring at the pool of water spreading across the floor, afraid to get out of bed, and even more afraid to go back to sleep.
Top
Recaptress
Posted: Feb 16 2008, 10:22 PM


LG Recapturess


Group: Admin
Posts: 366
Member No.: 4
Joined: 23-February 06



Faylinna rushes back into the bedroom from the bathroom when she hears the screaming. With a gesture the water bottle lifts up and deposits itself in the waste basket. The water itself if not a hazzard, so is left alone. Linna slips into the bed and moves to wrap her arms around Gabby. "It's alright, luv."
Top
Gabby
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 10:50 AM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 12
Member No.: 19
Joined: 16-February 08



Gabriella flinched away from the contact at first, and then she buried herself into Fay's arms, sobbing out incoherent words that seemed to have no meaning, her entire body shaking uncontrollably. She seemed to want nothing more than to hide herself.
Top
Victoria
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 10:51 AM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 15
Member No.: 20
Joined: 16-February 08



Victoria emerges, her silhouette casting a shadow over the two from the doorway. She carries a spatula and frying pan in hand, the aroma of scrambled eggs invading the room.

"Is everything alright? I thought I heard a scream..."
Top
Recaptress
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 01:38 PM


LG Recapturess


Group: Admin
Posts: 366
Member No.: 4
Joined: 23-February 06



Linna gently rocks Gabby, murmuring soothing words. She looks up at Tori, "Nightmare."
Top
Victoria
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 03:28 PM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 15
Member No.: 20
Joined: 16-February 08



Victoria nods sympathetically. "Well, breakfast is done if you two are hungry. I'll be in the kitchen.."
Top
Recaptress
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 04:20 PM


LG Recapturess


Group: Admin
Posts: 366
Member No.: 4
Joined: 23-February 06



Fay opens an arm in invitation for Tori to join in comforting Gabby.
Top
Gabby
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 07:53 AM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 12
Member No.: 19
Joined: 16-February 08



She felt herself being rocked, but she couldn't quite feel it. Even years later she would never quite be able to describe the feeling of what happened next. It was as if something had reached inside of her and pushed her off to one side. She became an observer in her own mind, beating against the walls of a prison that she could not see or touch.

The creature that lived inside her uttered a guttural snarl and scooted back from Faylinna, as if burned by the contact with her. The eyes in Gabriella's face were wild, and instead of her normal ice blue they burned with a baleful green light.

"Stay away from me, nephalim. This vessel is mine. Mine MINE!"

Top
Recaptress
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 08:25 AM


LG Recapturess


Group: Admin
Posts: 366
Member No.: 4
Joined: 23-February 06



Faylinna frowns and reaches with her own mind, her own abilities. Knowing better than to try to contain the thing within Gabby mentally, she knows she can at least immobolize her lover's body to keep the thing from hurting Gabby, or using Gabby's body to hurt anyone else. So, a carefully constructed force field encases the woman's body. It's flexible enough that thrashing against it won't hurt Gabby, but the thing within isn't using its chosen vessel to go anywhere.
"Tori, get my phone," Linna mutters through clenched teeth. "Call X, tell her Fay says we're on our way."
Top
Victoria
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 10:30 PM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 15
Member No.: 20
Joined: 16-February 08



Victoria drops the frying pan, clearly in shock, causing her to process Linna's request alittle slower then usual, but then with a blink and a dumbfounded nod, she rushes to retrieve Linna's cell phone and returns, with it already at her ear, listening impatiently as it rings...
Top
Expedite
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 10:40 PM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 10
Member No.: 21
Joined: 18-February 08



It's a voice blurred with sleep that answers.

"Yeah?"
Top
Victoria
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 08:20 AM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 15
Member No.: 20
Joined: 16-February 08



Victoria's voice is frantic. "He-Hello... Is th-this X?"
Top
Gabby
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 04:57 PM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 12
Member No.: 19
Joined: 16-February 08



The creature snarled and jerked, trying to find a way to split open the shell containing its vessel. When that failed to work it began to exert it's mystical influence, a deep greenish glow that began at her hands and pushed against the shell. Flashes of green light exploded from the hands, and flowed up the arms. Its eyes glowed vivid green, and an eerie scream started in its throat, as if it might shatter the glass in the room with the mere vibrations.

"Release me nephalim, and I will spare you and your companion. Release me, or I will tear this vessel to shreds."

The threat may have been empty, but then again, who could say what a demon would or wouldn't do.


Gabriella gathered herself, deep within the prison of her own mind, and threw her will against the shackles binding her out of the way, but they held fast. She tried again, and again, straining against them with all of her soul and power, but all to no avail. In the end, she slumped back, wearied, but watching. She knew her chance would come.
Top
Expedite
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 06:09 PM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 10
Member No.: 21
Joined: 18-February 08



X rubbed her face.

"Yeah. How can I help ya?"
Top
Victoria
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 06:18 PM


First Level


Group: Members
Posts: 15
Member No.: 20
Joined: 16-February 08



Victoria respond, "Uh. I was instructed to tell you that Fay is on her way. She needs your help."
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | TMP | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »



Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0367 seconds · Archive