|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to Talmyer. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Aug 17 2008, 11:25 PM
Member No.: 8
Joined: 29-June 06
My most grateful thanks go to the following--
*THE* DM - for all his advice, tips, ideas, and those freaking @%#@$!! counterspells in the last game! I still hate you... Just kidding! Honestly, thank you as well for letting me run this game!
MEJ - better late than never, in more ways than one... thanks for being so kind to letting me mess with your character(s).
The Recapturess - for... recapturing! What a tangled web I wove... thanks for helping untangle some of it for me....
SR - for not being too mad at not getting to use all his cool horsey feats and not holding anything I did in this game or past games against me in his future game....
JC - for being the bane of my gaming existence in all your characters' daring--you're the reason I stopped putting locked and trapped doors in various places when the party became CL 7.... Of course, if you *had* played it safe, then we wouldn't have such fun quoting at you "Beware the red, don't lose your head".
Thank you to all the rest of the players too--I really enjoyed playing with you!
Likewise, thank you to ALL for your encouragement and support.
I'd also like to thank the following for putting ideas into my head:
- Neil Gaiman for his book Stardust--which started this whole thing
- Sarah Ash and Tomislav Kendjel - for the idea of my main villian (Sarah from her Tears of Artamon books, and Tomislav from the poem "Aegri Somnia" specifically)
- Claire B. Dunkle for Maalik -- who really isn't evil, but comes from a long line of evil kings... and maybe some red fishy queens...??
- GOOGLE - for the lots of stuff I have and have not mentioned here - none of this would be possible without it (I should have bought stock.... )
- All the world cultural observances, myths, legends, and folktales - amazing how alike some traditions and stories can be even with twists from various cultures
- crystalinks.com - for all of Ista/Nurin's journal entries.... and various other "artifacts" found in Ennanon (including Zannamar's prophecy)
Additionally, I'd like to tip my hat at
- Chris Wooding - for some monster ideas
- Jim Butcher - for Tavi's war tactics (not that they had too big of an impact against Elric or Telran....)
- Creators of "Professor Layton and the Curious Village" - for some cool puzzles! Not all of them made the game, but good to have had them...
- JK Rowling - for Snape's bottle trial
- Francis Thompson - for part of Ranli's prophecy
- Jane Yolen - for her poem "The Song of the Calleach Bheur"
- Catherynne Valente - for her Orphan's Tales
- Lynn Flewelling - For various details from her Bone Doll trilogy
- Kai Meyer - for some ideas just off of the descriptions of his books--which I haven't read yet--but they're on my list
- Agalloch - more cool lyrics -- some of which I dragged into the game.
- Dragonforce - I don't think I ever heard or saw any of their stuff before the last game--but wish I had--would have saved myself a LOT of pain and time in developing some of my storylines....
- Contributors to the various threads out there discussing alchemy in the Harry Potter books, including this site: http://www.leakylounge.com/Theory-Thread-A...y-H-t37709.html
- Laurell K. Hamilton - for the plotpoint I pre-stole from her in her Ravenloft
- Edgar Allan Poe
- Patricia K. McKillip
- William Blake
- Nikki J. Drewry
- B.S. - for the really cool book that will be the basis for my next campaign (which won't happen anytime soon, but still good to know I have it )
Lastly, thanks to those who inspired me through their music:
The 69 Eyes
Faith and the Muse
18 August 2008