Photobucket

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to THE WARBLERS. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

WELCOME, TO DALTON ACADEMY! PLEASE LOOK AROUND AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER. JOIN WITH FULL NAME, IN ALL CAPSLOCK. THANKS!

SKIN MODIFIED BY DANNY FROM HANNA'S CODE, GRAPHICS BY DANNY, PLOT BY LAYLA, BOARDS BY LAYLA, ALL GLEE INFORMATION AND CHARACTERS BELONG TO RYAN MURPHY!
IN CHARACTER CBOX

SISTER SITE

Photobucket

SCROLLING AFFILIATES definitely maybe Aeterna RomaUnknown Dark Infinity ; }}WE ARE THE FALLENPhotobucketredcarpet&&rebellion.

Photobucket
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR US!

Top 100 Glee Sites

RPGD CATEGORY :: FANDOM

the ultimate glee topsites *

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) reply topic

Let It Be, ;;open (Rachel, possibly?)
RACHEL BARBRA BERRY
Posted: Feb 6 2011, 06:54 AM

NEW DIRECTIONS!

Group: MCKINLEY
Member No.: 17

IN THE HEART OF THE DEVASTATION, SHE'S A NATURAL DISASTER
the last of the american girls
TAG: finn | WORDS: idk. :] | WEARING: coming soon!
NOTES: oh my lord, worst post ever. so. so. sorry.

Perhaps it was true; Rachel had always thought that Finn could probably care a little bit more about the technique that went into their craft, but the fact that he undeniably had talent and took direction very well led her to let him off the hook. (And that was saying something about how she felt about him, because the world could probably count on one hand the times Rachel Berry had ever let anyone off the hook for anything.) Except her current situation. Because she wasn’t letting him off the hook for this one. She just…she wanted him to realize that they had both made mistakes, and that had he simply told her the truth in the first place, then she wouldn’t have felt the need to lie about having slept with Jesse, and she wouldn’t have done what she did with Noah.

Okay. Blaming him, even in her own mind, wasn’t going to help them in their current moment, and so, she forced herself to focus back in on what he was saying. “It’s also just a very beautiful song, and you have a natural inclination towards beautiful songs, I think,” she told him. Strange though it was, it actually was a straightforward compliment. (This was Rachel we were dealing with, after all, and it was just sort of accepted fact that her version of compliments were rarely in line with what the rest of the world would consider to be compliments.) “Perfect,” she echoed, another warm smile spreading across her face. “I…I’ve missed that,” she said softly, before looking down at the music in front of them. And she was surprised by just how genuine the tone behind the words was. Every time she thought about him, she thought about what it would be like to slip right back into their old relationship.

But then there were moments like this one when she had to wonder if maybe their old relationship hadn’t been some kind of corrupt from its very inception. After all, it had technically started as cheating. From the very beginning, it hadn’t really been a good thing, necessarily. Starting over was best, on so many levels. And so, the brunette nodded, glanced down at the music, and smoothed invisible wrinkles from the page before she finally opened her mouth to begin the song. “I’ve been living to see you, dying to see you, but it shouldn’t be like this. This was unexpected…what do I do now? Could we start again, please?” She took a breath, not daring to look at him. “I’ve been very hopeful so far; now for the first time, I think we’re going wrong. Before it gets too frightening, we ought to call a halt. Could we start again, please…” her voice trailed off as she came to the end of her verse, and she bit her lip in mild concern.

Maybe this hadn’t been such a good idea after all. The song…well, the song had a quality about it that she never quite noticed before, and she wasn’t wholly sure how to react to it, and to the way it was making her feel. All she knew was that she would not look at him. Not yet.

--------------------
hold her close to feel her heartbeat.
user posted image
FINN ALEXANDER HUDSON
Posted: Feb 8 2011, 01:09 AM

NEW DIRECTIONS

Member No.: 27

user posted image
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i'm not crazy, i'm just a little unwell
i know, right now you can't tell
but stay awhile and maybe then you'll see

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Though Finn would always care about singing, he wasn't one to be overly concerned with technique. Rachel had tried to get such things pounded into his head but the fact of the matter was that Finn was equally happy standing on a stage singing as he was dancing around a stage singing. To be honest, he had never really seen the difference. Why did there need to be movement? Sometimes the more heartfelt stuff happened when someone was just standing there singing a ballad to you with feeling than tap dancing and doing a kick line and stuff like that. It was part of the theater that he would never understand no matter how much a person tried to beat it into his head. Finn was a simple guy. He liked simple things. Excluding women, of course. Women were the farthest thing from simple. Yet, Finn kept coming back to women. It was a bit of a problem, but was he going to do? He was a male. He had needs. And wants. And desires. As proved by almost all of his escapades because some of these things did tend to get him in trouble. But all in all, he was a simple man and simple things pleased him. There was no use in trying to change this inborn part of his personality.

Finn watched Rachel as she slowly tripped along her own sentence. A compliment from Rachel Berry? He raised one eyebrow, in a questioning, goof ball fashion, before cracking a grin. Doing that felt right. Like they were back to being friends again, like before. He didn't know if he really had perfect taste in songs. Usually he just went with whatever first popped into his mind. Normally, the song would have been either classic rock or the last song he heard playing on the radio. However, with Rachel, Finn knew better. He had to choose something that was legit. It was always important to cater to Rachel Berry's own taste and not try to shove your own favorite song down her throat. The queen of music was not one to be argued with. At some point she had made him seven CDs for his car when she discovered that the show tune station had a signal that was to weak to be picked up by his truck. Whenever she got in his car, she instantly rummaged through his glove compartment to find them, sometimes debating on which one best fit his mood. He was pretty sure all of the CDs were somewhere in his car still, gathering dust beneath ancient homework papers he'd never done. Singing interrupted his thoughts.

Her voice was impeccable, as usual. He often wondered why she settled for singing with him when she should be on Broadway or something. Since when was Finn worth so much to a future Tony award winning diva? Still, it meant he got to sing with someone really good, so he would not complain. He watched her, though he didn't really notice that she wasn't looking at him. Maybe somewhere in his subconscious, he did, but not in the small part of his brain that was thinking. He was focusing on how this was going to strengthen their friendship. Before their friendship had been based on stolen kisses and mutual interest in each other. This was them starting over though. A pure friendship that was innocent and free from secrets. If there were any hidden meaning to the song, Finn would never find it. He was too naive for something like that. Symbolism and subtle messaging had never been his strong suit because, again, he was a simple man. Right now, he was simply focusing on the friendship he was creating. Could people create a friendship using a song? Finn wasn't really sure, but that didn't matter. Music was the thing that he shared with Rachel. If anything could heal them, it was song. As Finn reached this final decision, Rachel reached the end of her lines. It was his turn now.

"I think you've made your point now.
You've even gone a bit too far to get the message home.
Before it gets too frightening,
We ought to call a vote,
So could we start again please?"

a different side of me
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So I'm role playing with open, but Rachel would be great here and I'd just like to say nothing.
This boss template was made by GOOSEY; AT CAUTION 2.0 !? and I though you'd want to know. Oh, and the soundtrack, it's all MATCHBOX TWENTY!?

--------------------
user posted image

What do you do when your whole world has been turned upside down?
RACHEL BARBRA BERRY
Posted: Feb 21 2011, 07:37 PM

NEW DIRECTIONS!

Member No.: 17

IN THE HEART OF THE DEVASTATION, SHE'S A NATURAL DISASTER
the last of the american girls
TAG: finn | WORDS: 797 | WEARING: coming soon!
NOTES: <3.

As was so very typical when dealing with Rachel, as she sang, and listened to Finn’s own musical response, she allowed the words to sweep over her, to pull her into their world, to fill her heart and every last nerve ending. It was a special talent, she thought, her ability to allow music to so wholly encompass her, and she knew that that talent would be what got her to the Great White Way one day, and it would serve her well in her inevitable future as the next great diva. The awkwardness that had laced her body and her actions during this whole conversation, and for the last few weeks when dealing with Finn, was well on its way to completely melting away, and the brunette finally looked up at the tall quarterback as he began to sing. His voice wasn’t the most-trained of the group, but in its raw nature, it was beautiful. Like most of the things Finn did, he put himself into what he was singing, and it was almost like his lack of training was what made his voice so good.

And yes, Rachel was aware that that completely went against everything that she believed when it came to her chosen craft, but she also couldn’t deny the reality of the situation, and that was that Finn Hudson was one of the very lucky few who, while everyone could benefit from a formal lesson or two, had been blessed with a natural ability and talent. While she knew that he preferred classic rock songs to the beautiful standards of the Broadway world, she couldn’t deny that there was something about this song that suited his voice extremely well. Perhaps it was because it hailed from a rock opera, perhaps it was just that she really liked the song, and she really liked listening to him sing, so the combination of two things she liked had just magnified how good it sounded, but the fact remained that she was all but mesmerized as the notes and words escaped his lips. (She also had to admit that she was proud of him for not missing a beat despite presumably only having heard the song twice at most.)

.It was while listening to the words that he, especially, was singing, that Rachel finally realized what that previously-unnoticed quality of the song was: it was guilt. Maybe she had gone too far; it wouldn’t have been the first time in her life that she had taken something and fought so hard for it that she ended up crushing it. Was that what she had done with Finn? Had she gone too far in trying to make him see what she saw? Had she put an already-rocky relationship on rocks even more perilous? (That was pretty much rhetorical, because again, it was just sort of what she did. She rarely had a realistic view of things when it came to her trying to prove something, and so…she knew. She just knew that no matter how much she had wanted Finn to realize that he was in the wrong as much as she was here, she had probably overstepped and overreacted and done basically everything that she was notorious for doing.) That realization sort of dropped a brick in the bottom of her stomach, and she swallowed hard, trying to prepare herself to sing her upcoming verse.

Wish I could reassure you, wish that I could talk to you and tell you how I feel,” she sang, before taking an unexpected pause. She did. She wished she was capable of just talking things out with people. Not of reacting in ways that might have been directed by the footnotes in a script, not in ways that resulted in her storming out of the room. Of simple, basic communication. Suddenly blinking hard, hoping to God that her eyes were just watering due to…the air conditioner or something (ridiculous, it was winter) and that she wasn’t blinking back actual tears, she swallowed again and moved on. “I’ve been very careless…this I don’t deny…but…” Another pause, and she bit her lip. “Could we…could we start again, please?” She wanted to kick herself. She really wanted to kick herself. But what was done was done, and she could only wait for the song to be finished, or for him to go running from the room or something because for the first time in her life, Rachel Berry had even remotely screwed up a song, and it was because she just didn’t know what else she could do. There had been some thaw between them, but she had no idea if this would help it, or cause it to freeze right back over.

Maybe she should have stayed in bed that morning.

--------------------
hold her close to feel her heartbeat.
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  reply topic

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3649 seconds | Archive