home Members Active Topics Calendar Advertising
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

WE ARE MOVING! CLICK THE BANNER FOR REDIRECT!
JOIN US AT THE NEW SWAN SONG

Hello and welcome to Swan Song! We are an advanced Supernatural roleplay set in season five. We have an awesome member base, a friendly staff, and are always eager to greet guests and new members.

This community is rated R, as such all members must be eighteen and over to join. Please read over the plot and the rules before joining.

QUICK LOG IN

Important Links!

PLOT
RULES
F.A.Q.'S
CANONS
FACECLAIMS
SPECIES
APPLICATION

EMAIL: SPNTrifecta@gmail.com

SISTER SITES
No Rest For The Wicked Hang Em High

Tumblr

No longer here

SHAPESHIFTERS
Informant
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 05:17 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

CREATURE: YENALDOOSHI

NOTES: NEVER TRUST A MAN WHO WEARS THAT MUCH FUR. JUST SAYING.

You’ve noticed how the Wendigo and the Chenoo seem to come from Native American lore? Well I’ve got another one for you.

The Yenaldooshi. I know, I know you’re a novice and wondering what a Yenaldooshi is. Welcome to the wonderful world of shapeshifters. There are a lot of them, and they’re all royal pains in the ass.

What Are They?

The Yenaldooshi lore comes from the Navajo region of the South West. They are shamans or necromancers who spread sickness by a powder they make from corpses. (You’d be surprised how many uses there are for dead bodies.) They can also shapeshift into coyotes (Though the lore says some have the ability to shape-change into other things, it’s really sorta vague on what.) Let’s just put it this way, if you’re after a Yenaldooshi when they’re in human form and suddenly there’s an animal in it’s place, it’s a safe bet it’s the same monster you’re after.

Watch out for their corpse powder. It can make you deathly, praying to the porcelain god, begging for mercy, sweet baby Jesus take me now , sick. It’s not a pleasant experience. They can also make bone pellets from those corpses. Get those stuck in your skin and that prayer you were saying to Jesus? Yeah he’ll take you up on that.

If you get hit with the corpse dust or pellets, you’re best bet is to find a Navajo Medicine Man/Woman or Shaman. If there is a cure they’d be the ones to have it, but as far as I know, they’re not sharing their secrets.

How It’s Made

This is one of the few shapeshifters you don’t have to worry about being infected by. Yenaldooshi’s were once good shaman’s or necromancers – until they murdered a relative. Why they become these grotesque monsters afterwards is anyone’s guess, but it probably has something to do with the magic that flows through them. Maybe the guilt adds some seasoning to it. In the end their twisted into shapeshifting monsters who’s favorite hobby is making people sick.

Break Down of Specific Powers

-Can shapeshift into a coyote (according to lore some can shapeshift into other things as well, but it's unknown what exactly)
-Can spread sickness by means of corpse powder and bone pellets
-In human form they have their magical powers of shamanism or necromancy
-In wolf form they have heightened senses and increased agility.

How It’s Ganked

Do I really need to tell you this one? I mean it’s a shapeshifter. What’s the lore about shapeshifters?

You know this.

Come on you can do it!

You’re going to make me tell you aren’t you?

All shapeshifters are vulnerable to silver. Touch it to their skin it will burn them. If they ingest it, it’s like poison. A silver knife or bullet to the heart or head will do the trick just fine.

That being said, what should you know to do by now?

That’s right. Burn the body afterwards.

template by solanum of atf & caution
Informant
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 03:28 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

CREATURE: WEREWOLF

NOTES: THIS ISN'T 'THRILLER' SO DANCING ISN'T GOING TO SAVE YOUR LIFE IN THIS CASE.

So you think you know a thing or two about werewolves? You’ve seen Twilight, read all the old novels, and seen the B-Rated horror flicks? Well you don’t know squat. Well maybe you know a little. The whole silver bullet to the heart thing applies here. Okay, so you’ve got some common knowledge. Let’s separate fact from fiction.

What Are They?

Werewolves are not people who turn into giant wolves at the full moon. In fact they’re more like really hairy humans with wigged out eyes, sharp claws, and canine teeth. They’re tied to the full moon, having no choice but to shift. Most of them don’t even know their werewolves because the transformation takes hold when they’re sleeping. Werewolves have superior strength and agility along with enhanced sight and smell, but only when they’re in wolf form. When they’re human, well they’re human.

Their favorite Scooby Snack is the human heart.

How They’re Made

These are some of the monsters you have to look out for, unless you want to be the wolf man at the full moon each month and not remember a single detail about it. Don’t worry about getting scratched up. They’re claws may hurt like hell, but it’s the bite that will infect you. One bite and you’re done son. You’ll be howling at the moon, looking like wolf man high on meth, and never remember a moment of it. However they can’t infect you while in human form. You get bit by them in human form, well, I guess they're pretty kinky, hmm?

Breakdown of Powers

-Shift into a man/wolf hybrid only at the full moon.
-Do not remember their shifts at all.
-Some do not even know they're werewolves.
-When in hybrid form have enhanced strength, agility, and senses.
-When in hybrid form have wolflike teeth, yellowish wolf eyes, and claw like nails along with elongated feet.
-Do not have any powers in their human form
-Can infect others with a bite.

How To Gank It

If you don’t know you haven’t been paying attention. Still, you’ve probably got the attention span of a gnat. You should work on that. In the mean time let me repeat myself again.

A silver bullet or dagger to the heart will kill a werewolf. Got that? Your best bet is to use a bullet. Remember, the closer you get to a monster the more likely you are to wind up dead or infected. You do not want to become a monster yourself.

Informant
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 03:41 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

CREATURE: LOUP GAROU

NOTES: DEPENDING ON THEIR PERSONALITY, LOUPS CAN BE HELPFUL OR DANGEROUS. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE CASES WHERE EVERYTHING ISN'T BLACK AND WHITE.

The term Loup Garou is French for werewolf. Shocking I know, but there is a significant difference between the Loup Garous and the actual werewolf. Pay attention this is where the second cousin twice removed bit comes into play.

What Is It?

Loup Garous are shapeshifters, a form of werewolf if you will, but unlike the actual werewolf counterpart, Loup Garous turn into massive sized wolves. When I say massive think small pony. When a Loup first becomes a Loup they often lack control and can turn from strong emotions such as overwhelming anger, extreme fear, even the big ‘O’ can cause them to shift. One minute you've got a hot piece of ass in bed with you, the next there's a giant wolf, not a pleasant experience.

They’re still tied to the moon, but once the Loup gains control they are able to shift at will. The more practice they have, the easier the transformation is. It goes from being a long, hard process to them being able to shift fluidly in one leap.

In both human and wolf form they have enhanced strength and senses. They heal quickly, (A gash closing up within minutes, or broken bones healing within the hour.) They are faster than you can imagine and immune to disease. Doesn't matter what kind. They can't get anything from common colds to cancer. Completely immune.

The thing about Loups is they keep their consciousness whether in human or wolf form. They remember everything they do. Unless it’s a noob Loup, don’t buy the story of ‘they don’t know what they were doing’. It’s a damn lie.

Breakdown of Powers

-Shifts into a full wolf (generally the size of a small pony)
-While they are tied to the full moon they can shift at will once they've learned control.
-Have enhanced strength, agility, and senses in both human and wolf forms.
-In the beginning the shift is slow and painful, but becomes more fluid with time and control
-Have higher metabolisms causing them to eat twice as much as a normal human in one meal.
-Age slower (i.e. A loup may be thirty years old but only look twenty.)
-Can infect with a bite.
-Turn back to human when killed

How To Gank It

Cousin to the werewolf, shapeshifter, etc and so on. You should be seeing a pattern by now. If you’re not, put down the rock salt and go home. You’re just going to get people dead.

Loup’s, just like the other shapeshifters, can be killed by silver. A silver bullet to the heart or head, likewise with a silver dagger. Have them ingest it and it will burn up their insides like acid, but that could be a particularly messy clean up. Might just want to keep it straight forward when dealing with a Loup.

Informant
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 04:12 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

CREATURE: SKINWALKER

NOTES: THIS IS VERSION ONE. LORE ON SKINWALKERS IS DIVERSE. IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS, YOU BETTER APPRECIATE THIS

There are different versions and different lore about skinwalkers. So I’m going to break it down into two versions for you. Both versions are once again cousins of the werewolf, and both are vulnerable to silver.

What Are They?

Version one of the skinwalkers are people who can turn into dogs. All different types of dogs from Pomeranians to Great Danes. Not kidding. apparently it depends on the person. Just because you’re infected by a Doberman doesn’t mean you’ll turn into one.

Anyways, the lovable family pet? Yeah that could be your murdering monster. If there’s bits of meaty, pink flesh that most definitely is not dog food between their teeth, chances are they’ve recently chowed down on a heart. Werewolves and skinwalkers I swear. Hearts are like their Pringles. Once they pop, they just can’t stop.

As far as I can tell the shift is a lot easier on them. One second they’re human, the next second their animal. They’re also very aware of what they’re doing while in animal form. It doesn’t seem to be an issue to fight for control, and they’re not tied to the moon. They can spend weeks in doggy form before hopping back to human and vice versa. They don’t appear to have rapid healing or any of the perks of their cousins. They’re either human or they’re dog.

How They’re Made

Simple enough. One bite and you’re done. Don’t ask me what king of breed you’ll become. That seems to change from person to person. Apparently it depends on the person. Just because you’re infected by a German Shepherd doesn’t mean you’ll turn into one. It would really suck to turn into a Yorkie. Yorkie skinwalkers should be put down on principle.

Breakdown of Powers

-Can shift into mans best friend in the blink of an eye
-Is not tied to the phases of the moon
-Can spend as much time as they want in dog form
-Can infect with a bite
-Newly infected do not necessarily change into the same breed of dog as their sire. It seemingly depends on the person.
-Revert back to human when killed

How to Gank It

The shapeshifter family all has the same downside.

Silver.

One to the heart, one to the head. The skinwalker is dead. Like it’s brethren they revert back to human form once they’ve been killed. Once that happens, if you don’t have time to burn the body, gets to stepping before the authorities catch you.

Informant
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 04:19 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

CREATURE: SKINWALKER

NOTES: THIS IS VERSION TWO. THIS ONE IS MORE GRR AND LESS LIKELY TO CUDDLE WITH YOU FOR SCOOBY SNACKS

What Are They?

The second version of the skinwalker comes from Native American Lore. They closely resemble the Yenaldooshi, changing into wolves or coyotes usually with bright red eyes. One of the major differences is that they’re not shamans or necromancers. Sure they can be, but it’s not a criteria to be one.

Just like they’re brethren, they enjoy eating the meaty hearts of people, though supposedly not all of them are evil. This could be said about any person turned against their will so long as they have conscious control when they’re turned. Werewolves can’t remember what they’re doing, skinwalkers can.

These particular skinwalkers have the heightened senses, as well as agility and strength. They heal quicker from wounds, unless said wounds are from silver, and they’re impervious to disease just like the rest of their cousins.

I guess with all the heart eating that goes around with this particular group of monsters they need to have a good immune system.

How It’s Made

Well, see that’s the kicker. In some tribe lore, the skinwalkers have a genetic predisposition to become the monsters. (If you bring up Twilight I will stab you in the eye. I’m not kidding.) Something eventually triggers the change and bam, suddenly they’re a skinwalker.

It’s a bit fuzzy there, but you’ve also got the type that’s been infected by a bite. Apparently the ones born with the gene can’t infect others, but the ones who are infected can infect others. Make sense? I didn’t think so but it’s the best I can do with what we’ve got.

Breakdown of Powers

-Can shift into wolf or coyote.
-Have enhanced strength, speed, and senses in both forms.
-Have red eyes when in animal form.
-Can be born with the gene.
-Can infect others with a bite.
-Reverts to human form when killed.

How To Gank It

Silver. Silver. Silver. If they’re in human form try slipping silver nitrate into their coffee. It’ll poison them slowly and painfully. I mean by this point you have to be getting bored with just being able to shoot them with silver bullets. Get creative, use silver netting if you need to question them. It’s not cheap but it’s out there.

Informant
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 04:41 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

CREATURE: SHAPESHIFTER

NOTES: DON'T ASK ME HOW I GOT THAT PICTURE, YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

So we’ve basically covered all the forms of lycanthropy and man turning into man's best friend. There’s plenty of shapeshifters in the world, and as scary as werewolves, loups, and skinwalkers are, there’s something out there that’s much, much worse.

Your general, run of the mill, creepy as hell, disgusting to clean up after; Shapeshifters.

What Are They?

These are monsters that look like you and me. Literally. If they get a good look at you, they can turn into you by shedding their skin. It’s a disgusting process that leaves a pile of steaming skin, teeth, hair, and nails behind, and to be honest it doesn’t look like a pleasant process.

Not only can they turn into you, but get inside your head. Well so long as you’re alive, but hey that’s a bonus. As long as a shapeshifter is out there wearing your meat suit, they’re going to want you alive and kicking to get inside your head. They will know all your deepest, darkest secrets and you'll never know.

Most of them tend to be sick in the head to begin with. I’ve never met a shapeshifter who wasn’t twisted. They tend to have fun with their victims often doing something rather horrible to their loved ones. Sometimes it’s simply just to breed with them.

Which brings us to:

How They’re Made

At first we just thought it was some random genetic abnormality. Come to find out, shapeshifters are a species all of their own. You can’t be infected by scratches or bites. They’re made the old fashion way. Shapeshifters often turn into the husband of a woman, breeding with her, and the baby shapeshifter is carried for nine months. They’re then swiped from momma and poppa because at around that time is when their powers start to manifest. What happens after that, well that’s anyone’s guess.

Breakdown of Powers

-Can change their appearance into any human by shedding their skin.
-Have some sort of telepathy that lets them into the mind of the person they’ve cloned (so long as said person is alive)
-Eyes will flare when seen through a camera.

How To Gank It

Even though shapeshifters turn into other people instead of any sort of animal they share one thing in common with the others.

Silver will kill them. A shot to the head or the heart will do. Most of the shapeshifters I’ve met were pretty skilled in combat training -I'm guessing from getting into hunters' heads- so an up close and personal confrontation is not the best idea. I’m not sure if there’s some sort of shapeshifter training camp, but if you’re sure your target is the shapeshifter you’re after, attempt to put a bullet in them from afar.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4726 seconds | Archive