home Members Active Topics Calendar Advertising
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

WE ARE MOVING! CLICK THE BANNER FOR REDIRECT!
JOIN US AT THE NEW SWAN SONG

Hello and welcome to Swan Song! We are an advanced Supernatural roleplay set in season five. We have an awesome member base, a friendly staff, and are always eager to greet guests and new members.

This community is rated R, as such all members must be eighteen and over to join. Please read over the plot and the rules before joining.

QUICK LOG IN

Important Links!

PLOT
RULES
F.A.Q.'S
CANONS
FACECLAIMS
SPECIES
APPLICATION

EMAIL: SPNTrifecta@gmail.com

SISTER SITES
No Rest For The Wicked Hang Em High

Tumblr

No longer here

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Breaking The Curse [M], Tag: Dean
LANE 'SULLY' SULLIVAN
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 07:00 AM

Girls Kick Ass - Says So On A T-Shirt
Group Icon

Group: Hounds
Member No.: 4

{
You think you know me? Got me figured out. Your casting shadows, casting doubt. You think you know me? You think I care? You should spend sometime with the person in the mirror.
t
h
e

w
o
r
s
t

o
f

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
The Impala sped down the highway, Sully behind the wheel, giant ass wolf curled up on the seat beside her. It still unnerved her, Dean being a wolf. He'd already tried to attack her once. He'd gotten an ass full of rock salt because of that. Sully still somewhat felt bad about that. She hadn't meant to hurt him, then again she hadn't meant to kill the cop either. What was done was done though. Sully couldn't take back the death of that man or shooting Dean.

What she could do was get this damn curse broken so that Dean wouldn't have to deal with her anymore. It was best for both of them if she left. He had to know that. Sully wasn't right in the head. Absently she reached over, sliding her hand through his warm fur. She kept the other hand on the wheel, speeding down back highways on her way to the witch that had cursed them.

Oh yeah, they knew. The psychic had been more than helpful in that area. Maybe a little vague. Either way it didn't matter. In the Bayou they would find her. A witch who had wanted Sully to himself (while they hunting down here - which Sully didn't remember doing.). Sully didn't go for that. The funny thing was it wasn't because of Dean either. Sully hadn't slept with anyone since the torture. It just wasn't that easy to have a one night stand anymore. At least not with someone she didn't know.

The witch wasn't thrilled about it though, apparently lost his nut, and decided that the best thing to do was curse Sully and Dean so that they wouldn't be able to be together. At least that's what the psychic had said. Apparently there was a way to break the curse, but the psychic had been fuzzy. He mentioned an eclipse. That was tomorrow. They needed more details on what they were supposed to do if they were going to break the curse. The window to do so was quickly closing.

"When this is over," Sully said quietly. "I wouldn't blame you if you never wanted to see me again."

notes here

--------------------
user posted image

Made by the lovely Ang!
DEAN WINCHESTER
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 02:22 PM

POSSE MAGNET
Group Icon

Group: Hunters
Member No.: 27

There had been some tension in the air, ever since they’d gotten back to the Impala and Dean had reverted to his cursed four legged form. He hadn’t been sure how Sully would react with him as a wolf again, not that he would blame her if she drove off without him. Up until now he’d been so careful to suppress the animal instinct that was gradually taking over him, especially when Sully was around, but as the days went on, the curse got stronger and it was only a matter of time before their friendship would be irreparably destroyed. Mind, you, if they couldn’t break the curse by the time the eclipse had passed tomorrow night, then all bets were off anyway. Dean had already made up his mind that he’d take a gun to his own head the morning after when he shifted back to human form, ending the curse the only other way they knew how. He wanted Sully to live and if that meant he had to die to protect her, well that was just the way it was. It was what he was good at after all.

"When this is over, I wouldn't blame you if you never wanted to see me again."

Dean turned his head to look at her, surprised not only that she’d insisted that he still sit up front with her - though that was probably so that she could keep an eye on him in case he attacked again - but that she would still stroke his fur like she still cared for him the same way she did before. He’d half imagined she might want to lock him in the trunk so that she would be able to drive without having to keep one eye on him the whole time, but that showed Dean what he knew about Sully and her ability to forgive.

He’d chosen to sit on the bench seat facing away from her, intentionally keeping his teeth and claws out of her line of sight, but after her comment he slowly shifted around on the front seat and lay down with his head resting on her thigh, looking up at her with sad eyes. If only he had the words to say that he never wanted to leave her. In fact, it was times like this that he wanted to confess how he really felt about her, how much she made him feel alive to be around, but then deep down, he knew he’d never really admit it. Too afraid she’d laugh in his face and call him a soppy idiot. Considering how frequently people abandoned him, he was never any good with rejection. Perhaps that was why it was these times when he couldn’t speak that his urge to say something was strongest. That way he could still convince himself he wasn’t a coward, he was just a victim of circumstances.

--------------------
user posted image

Made by Alicat
LANE 'SULLY' SULLIVAN
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 07:39 AM

Group Icon

{
You think you know me? Got me figured out. Your casting shadows, casting doubt. You think you know me? You think I care? You should spend sometime with the person in the mirror.
t
h
e

w
o
r
s
t

o
f

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
The warmth of Dean's furred body sank into her thigh as he rested his head a top her lap. She glanced down at him, trying to keep the mask of neutrality in place. With Dean it never seemed to work anymore. He had seen Sully at her most vulnerable point. He knew her tells, her masks, and almost all of her secrets. There were still a few she hadn't told anyone. The mask slipped, pain seeped into her eyes.

Dean was a forgiving person, though honestly she didn't understand it. No one had ever been so forgiving of her mistakes or her screw ups. Everyone turned a blind eye or just turned away. Sometimes Sully didn't understand Dean or his willingness to be there for her. Tentatively Sully began running her fingers through his thick, warm fur. She half expected him to growl at her. When he didn't she slowly relaxed, giving a soft sigh.

"The psychic said the witch's scent would be familiar," Sully reminded Dean as she carefully drove the Impala over a thick, green area and parked it. "The bayou is a big place, but you've got the wolf's nose." She looked down at Dean. "Looks like you're going to be playing tracker."

Sully glanced over at the horizon. They didn't have much of the night left. When the sun came up, Sully would be a hawk, at least until noon. The psychic had said that with the eclipse tomorrow, it would negate the spell for a time, allowing both of them to be in their human form, but if they didn't break the curse by the time the eclipse was over - they would be stuck like this forever.

Getting out of the car, Sully popped the trunk. She started loading up on her weapons, bow, knives, guns, and other little odds and ends she thought might be important. Once she was geared up, she went over and knelt next to Dean. "Ready to pretend you're a coon dog?" She grinned impishly.

notes here

--------------------
user posted image

Made by the lovely Ang!
DEAN WINCHESTER
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 11:55 AM

POSSE MAGNET
Group Icon

Eager to be of use, Dean bolted out of the car as soon as Sully had the door open, bounding around the area they’d parked up in, already looking for the best direction to take that held the most promise for his sense of smell. At least there was one good thing about being cursed to be a wolf, it gave him the ideal tools with which to track their enemy down. He wondered if perhaps the man-witch hadn’t realised that’s exactly what he’d do at the first given opportunity, but then he remembered that he probably didn’t expect neither he or Sully to recall where he was after a little added mojo to fog both their memories up.

Boy, was he going to get a shock when they rocked up at his door with an obscene amount of weaponry.

It took a few minutes for Dean to pick up a trail to follow, a faint, lingering scent of human sweat, barely noticeable even to him, much less to Sully. Hopefully the closer they got, the more reliable the trail would become and the sooner they’d find their prey. No time could be wasted with a wrong turn, the pressure fell solely on Dean’s shoulders, Sully’s life and his own hanging in the balance. Still, to Dean, that felt kind of normal these days. What was one more crisis to worry about when dealing with the apocalypse was a daily chore? He just hoped he was tracking the right human down. Surely there couldn't be that many out here in the swamps?

"Ready to pretend you're a coon dog?"

Dean couldn’t help barking, he was too excited and raring to go, unable to keep himself from running on ahead, oblivious once he’d picked up his trail of where Sully was behind him. She was a good hunter, he didn’t need to worry about her keeping up out here in the bayou. All Dean was focusing on was the scent, trying to block out the earthy, wet smells that permeated the ground, the thousand different critters that were hiding in plain sight, scampering out of the way when a huge, urgent wolf came running through their territory.

Every once in a while he had to pause, concentrate harder when the trail was masked by something else. A dead bullfrog, rotting in the open heat snagged his attention long enough for Sully to catch up behind him and he huffed his nose at it, turning back to look at her as if to make an apology for taking a wrong turn. But then it didn’t take long for him to get right back to it, paws thick with mud and grime from the bayou floor padding soundlessly through the trees to where the odor grew strongest.

The psychic hadn’t been wrong that Dean would recognise the scent, he knew it as soon as he laid eyes on the old, rundown wooden shack leading to the edge of the wetlands. The memories came flooding back like a tidal wave, he was sure they had for Sully too as the signs that they had been here before became apparent. The bullet holes in the side of the building, Dean’s hunting knife stuck in a tree stump that had become a make shift butcher’s block for dissecting alligator feet, and more than anything else, Dean could smell Sully’s scent all around the clearing where she and the witch had tussled the first time.

This was definitely the place.

Holding back for the element of surprise, Dean lay low at the edge of the trees and waited for Sully to catch up. As much as he wanted to just run in and maul the son of a bitch for what he’d done, he needed Sully to talk to him so that he would reverse the spell. And then Dean could take great pleasure in killing him. nice and slow.

--------------------
user posted image

Made by Alicat
LANE 'SULLY' SULLIVAN
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 09:46 AM

Group Icon

{
t
h
e

w
o
r
s
t

o
f

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
Holy hell Dean was fast in his wolf form. He slipped through the bayou like it was nothing. Sully was no stranger to the wilderness, but she wasn't able to move through it like he was. Dean would move a head, but never too far that Sully wouldn't be able to follow. That was good. There may have been a tiny bit of her that thought Dean would lose it and go after the witch - who was their only hope of breaking this curse. If they didn't break it before the eclipse that was creeping closer by the second, then they were stuck like this forever - unless one of them died.

When Dean got stuck huffing bullfrog corpse, Sully just smirked and shook her head. It was odd really, how she fell back into place with Dean. She hated anything that turned into a wolf. Bad experiences and all that, but with Dean - while there were moments that fear crept up in her, mostly Sully knew the wolf was Dean and even after their fiasco with the cop, Dean would never hurt her intentionally.

They moved onto the witches house, and Sully crept behind Dean using the foliage, bushes, and stink of the swamp to mask their scent. Absently, Sully let her hand sink into Dean's thick fur, gripping it as if she would grip his arm, the reassurance that he was there beside her made her shoulders ease without Sully even realizing it.

"Okay, here's the plan. We charge straight in, I put a gun to his head to make him reverse the spell." She looked over at Dean. "I'll do what I have to, don't worry about that. Even if it means getting my hands a little bloody."

Sully meant it. She pointedly ignored Dean's look and kept low, beneath the windows. As they got closer the pungent smell of decaying flesh assaulted Sully's nose. The humidity and heat only made it worse. Sweat was trickling down Sully's back, her hair matted a bit from it. The closer anyone got to water, the worse the humidity was, the more it took out of them. They just didn't realize it.

Creeping up to the window, Sully peeked inside, trying to get an idea of the layout. It was.....well the best way to describe it was a shack. The bottom floor was all one room with a kitchen and area for the living room. Only the witch had plenty of spell items out on the counters, candles on the floor, and an altar, covered with blood. The upstairs only covered half and was a loft of sorts - Sully assumed that's where he slept. The fridge was an old icebox, and as far as she could tell there wasn't a bathroom.

Heathen.

The witch looked half crazy, dreads wild around his face. Honestly he didn't look familiar to Sully, but that was okay. All she needed to do was subdue him. Though now she was thinking charging in wasn't the best idea. Maybe she was just pissed off. Either way, Sully abruptly stood, aimed her gun, and pulled the trigger. The bullet shattered the dirty window, and slammed into the witches shoulder. He gave a surprised cry of pain as he hit the floor.

Looking over, Sully grinned darkly at Dean. "Sic em' boy."

notes here

--------------------
user posted image

Made by the lovely Ang!
DEAN WINCHESTER
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 07:45 PM

POSSE MAGNET
Group Icon

As Sully explained her plan, Dean watched the shack for signs of life, his long tongue hanging out of his mouth as he panted in the thick heat, trying his best to cool down after the long run through the bayou. This was no place for an animal with thick fur designed for winter and he could feel himself over heating, getting dangerously close to exasperation that he couldn’t just take his coat off and cool down. It didn’t help that the deep water was so tantalisingly close. If it wasn’t riddled with a hundred kinds of parasite, he’d have been tempted to take a dip once this was all done.

”Sic em’ boy.”

There was barely a second between the command and Dean taking off like a rocket, all too eager to go exact his own kind of painful vengeance on the crazy man-witch Sully had just put a bullet into. Teeth bared and growling snarl as ferocious as it could possibly be, he raced into the ramshackle hut, pouncing without hesitation on the guy as he franticly attempted to arm himself with a pouch of something, no doubt, magical and deadly.

Dean’s wolf teeth sank into his forearm as easily as a hot knife through butter and once latched on, he didn’t let go, wildly shaking his head from side to side until the witch dropped the pouch. Warm, coppery blood ran over Dean’s tongue, fuelling the fire of aggression as the pair of them tussled in the living room, sending hoodoo paraphernalia flying in the melee. More than once the witch punched Dean in the side of the head with his free hand, desperate to free his jaws from his arm, unfortunately for him, that just made Dean clamp down harder, the pressure snapping the bone with a sharp crack and a howled scream of agony.

Pleased with the outcome, Dean finally opened his jaws to let him go, a pause for breath really as he attacked almost instantly again, pinning the witch to the floor with his teeth around his neck, clamped tight enough to be a threat, but not tight enough to really cut off his air. The message was understood. Don’t move, or you’re dead. Now it was up to Sully to talk some sense into the son of a bitch before Dean really went primal on him.

--------------------
user posted image

Made by Alicat
LANE 'SULLY' SULLIVAN
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 11:12 AM

Group Icon

{
t
h
e

w
o
r
s
t

o
f

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
Watching Dean attack the witch was a mixture of satisfaction and terrifying fear. People that could turn into wolves with claws were not one of Sully's most favorite things. Flashes of a time long ago, in an underground bunker washed over Sully, and just for a brief moment she had to turn her gaze away to clear the horrors from her head. Take a deep breath she looked back over. In that blink of an eye Dean had subdued the witch.

The man lay there, angrily glaring at Dean as he held his arm, blood seeping between fingers. The witch was lucky that Dean wasn't contagious or else he'd be turning furry himself. Sully would have liked for the man to have a taste of his own medicine. Unfortunately they didn't have time for that. Already Sully could feel the sun's power pulling her. She idly wondered if it's what wolves felt like at a full moon, but she felt it everyday.

Walking over, Sully pulled her knife and knelt next to the witch. Slowly she traced the knife down his plaid shirt, her gaze going dark, any sense of regret, any second thoughts being locked away in a small part of her mind so that it couldn't interfere with what needed to be done. "Hey Drax" Sully grinned at him bearing teeth. "Remember me?"

In a way she really, really hoped he did because Sully sure as hell didn't remember him. The widening of his eyes, told Sully all she needed to know. He remembered her. Then, despite the fact that she had a knife to his chest, he grinned. It was a knowing, cocky, triumphant grin, and to be honest, all Sully wanted to do was carve it from his face. Realizing that was a bitch much, she pushed down that small, dark morbid part of her, focusing on the task at hand.

The witch laughed. "It seems I underestimated the two of you. That memory blocking spell should have worked." He reached up as if to caress Sully's cheek. She jerked her head to the side, moving the knife to his neck.

"Ah ah, no touching," She told him easily. "Now here's what s going to happen. You're going to reverse the spell. If you do it without giving us any problems, we might be inclined to let you live."

He held his hands up easily. "I think not. The moment I reverse the spell you're going to kill me." He licked his lips sensually eying Sully. "Though I have a proposition for you."

Sully glanced to Dean and then back to the witch. "I'm listening."

"The sun rises in less than an hour. If you haven't had the curse lifted by the time of the eclipse at noon - well then, you both will be stuck like this forever."

"We know that," She pressed the knife a little deeper to his skin. "Moving on."

"If I break the curse you'll just kill me. We can't have that."

"We just want this to be over. Everyone goes their own separate ways."

"I need some collateral," He tentatively reached up and traced a finger up Sully's arm.

The light sensation left her nauseated, but she felt something else. A trickle of power slip beneath her skin. Jerking back, Sully stood and kicked the witch in the ribs. The world tilted a bit and she looked at Dean, unsure of what was going on. "What did you do?"

Before Dean could attack, Sully held up a hand. "Don't, Cowboy. We need him alive." She shook off the weird feeling that washed over her. Whatever the witch had done, at the moment it didn't matter. One problem at a time. Pulling her gun she aimed it at the witch.

Slowly he stood. "Uh huh." He waggled a finger at them. "I told you I need collateral." He grinned darkly. "Point your gun at your wolf friend."

It was as though someone had taken Sully's hand and was pushing it towards Dean. She frowned, trying to resist, but it was no use. "Stop it." Sully licked her lips. "Stop it, I'll do whatever you want, just let him go."

The witch laughed. "Now, let me tell you what's going to happen. You my dear girl, are going to stay with me." Walking over he stood behind Sully, his lips close to his ear. "And if you promise to be good, and not fight me, then I'll let your friend go - though all your memories of him will be gone."

Sully's heart dropped as she looked at Dean. She felt sick, but what choice did she have? She couldn't let the witch kill Sully, and she sure as hell couldn't live with herself if she pulled the trigger, whether the witch was making her do it or not. Her brown eyes met Dean's and she gave him an apologetic look.

"I'll do whatever you want. Just lift the curse and let him go."

notes here

--------------------
user posted image

Made by the lovely Ang!
DEAN WINCHESTER
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 07:18 AM

POSSE MAGNET
Group Icon

He knew he should have torn the bastards throat out. The second the witch made contact with Sully’s skin, Dean could sense that something was very, very wrong. Call it instinct or just an educated guess, but he wasn’t surprised that Drax had done something to her, he was just pissed with himself that he’d allowed him the chance to do it in the first place. He was, however, taken aback by how easily the witch was able to control Sully’s actions with just a voice command. One second she was holding a gun to his head, then next she was turning it on Dean and for the first time since they’d gotten here, he didn’t know what to do.

Sully, you can fight this, don’t let him use you to do his dirty work!

Unfortunately his will to talk only came out as angry barks and growls, pleas for Sully to not give in to his demands and rage at the son of a bitch who was manipulating her against him. In his mind he tried to calculate the likelihood of being able to dodge a bullet fired at point blank range and whether or not if she did shoot him, would he still be able to get to Drax in time to do anything to save Sully. As much as he didn’t want to die, it would have been a worthwhile sacrifice to free her from not only the spell, but the clutches of this deluded psychopath. Somehow it felt as though he’d been in this position before, the only difference being that here there was a swamp rather than the desert.

"I'll do whatever you want. Just lift the curse and let him go."

No! Sully, don’t you do this! I‘m not worth it, don‘t you give up yet!

Bristling with fury, lips curled back into a vicious snarl, Dean’s eyes darkened with resolve. There was no way he could allow Sully to become this witch’s play thing and the moment the lecherous douche bag put his hand on her like he’d claimed her as his prize, something inside Dean snapped. It wasn’t just like it had been back on the side of the road with the perverted cop pawing over Sully’s body, it was a hundred times worse and even the sound of a gunshot couldn’t dissuade him from launching himself at the witch. He wilfully allowed the animal in him to take over, teeth and claws ripping into the guy so violently, if Dean had been investigating the leftovers he’d have thought a Hellhound had done it.

As flesh tore between his teeth and blood coated his fur, all Dean could think was the threat this man posed to his pack and how it was his duty to protect it. Any conscience he had was drowned out by the sound of his own snarls until Drax ceased to struggle and his body fell to the ground in a lifeless heap, shredded and brutalised beyond recognition. Dean had once told Sam how it scared him what he was willing to do for his family, now Sully was part of that family and as the adrenaline began to wear off and he could see the terror in her eyes at what he had done, the fear gripped him tenfold.

It wasn’t fear that he’d killed a man, God knows he had deserved it and it had been to save Sully, but looking back now at how far over the line he’d gone in doing so, Dean just wanted to go drown himself in the swamp in shame. He backed away from the body, stark realisation of events seeping in finally after he’d blocked them out with primal instincts. One look at Sully and he bolted, running out into the bayou utterly appalled that she’d born witness to it. Again he’d made her relive her most haunting memories and now they’d lost their only chance to break the spell. They were stuck like this now unless by some miracle in the next few hours they could find a plan B. Somehow that seemed unlikely given how far they were from civilisation even if they did have a back up plan, which they didn’t.

He didn’t run that far this time, after all, what was the point? She’d found him before, she would find him again. Instead he stopped at the edge of the water, howling up at the last traces of moonlight, sadly announcing his good bye to it because now that they’d lost their only hope, he was resigned to his decision to kill himself by sunset the next day. He wouldn’t become the wolf again. Not now, not after this.

--------------------
user posted image

Made by Alicat
LANE 'SULLY' SULLIVAN
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 07:41 AM

Group Icon

{
t
h
e

w
o
r
s
t

o
f

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
When Dean lunged the witch had made Sully pull the trigger. She tried to resist, but in the end the gun went off. "No!" Luckily Dean had been to quick. Unfortunately though he jumped, grabbing the witch away from Sully. Terror in that moment gripped her because she thought Dean was coming for her. Instead he knocked the witch away from her. Stumbling away, Sully turned to face them. She could have yelled for Dean to stop, she could have screamed that they needed the witch to break the curse, but in those few seconds it was already over.

There wasn't much left of the witch that could be identified. Dean had done a pretty damn fine job of making sure that no one would recognize him. Sully felt the control spell lift off of her, but Dean was still a wolf. That meant - even in death - the curse wasn't negated. The sun would be up soon. By noon the eclipse would hit and then it was over. Then they were stuck like this forever unless one or the other died.

Sully couldn't let it be Dean. He had a family. People who loved him, who needed him. Who was Sully to take them away from him? She couldn't let that happen. Dean took off and Sully rubbed her face. "Dean!" She tore off after him, knowing there was no way she'd be able to keep up with the four legged version of him. She only followed him by tracks and glimpses of fur through the tree's. Luckily he didn't go that far. The howl was filled with pain, and Sully cringed for him.

Slowly, she approached the wolf by the river. Kneeling down next to him, Sully wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his fur. She was angry at this entire situation, but with Dean in this form it was easier to be sympathetic. Easier to let herself hug him, and comfort him. Which made no sense, but it was the truth. "I'm sorry, Cowboy."

Before she could explain why, before she could tell him that Sully planned on taking her own life, the sun peaked over the horizon. She felt Dean's body change in her arms, felt him mold back into a man, the fur turning into hot, smooth skin that she got to touch for the briefest of moments. She locked gazes with him, eyes filled with remorse for putting him through everything she had. Then the moment was over and Sully was taking off towards the sky.

notes here

--------------------
user posted image

Made by the lovely Ang!
DEAN WINCHESTER
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 12:27 PM

POSSE MAGNET
Group Icon

Sully had found him, as Dean had predicted she would, though he remained unsure how she would react after he had just ruined their only chance to escape the curse. He had no doubt that if he were in human form, she would have broken his nose for being so reckless, yet the look on her face as she approached him was sadness, not anger. It confused him enough to make him nervous of her, backing up a few steps with his head bowed down, shameful and hoping for forgiveness. Maybe she would save him the trouble and put a bullet in his head to free herself. He wouldn’t blame her if she did now that he’d screwed everything up. If only he could tell her how sorry he was first.

As she knelt down in front of him and reached out, Dean’s trepidation as to why she had followed him disappeared. He could sense she meant him no harm now and he walked forward to nuzzle his head against her shoulder, welcoming the embrace she offered him, aware that the approaching sunrise would mean this would be the last time that he would ever know her touch. Caught up in the moment he became oblivious to the rays of light breaking over the horizon, his body shifting without his realisation until he found himself resting naked in her arms, back in his own body once more.

“I’m sorry Cowboy.”

He didn’t know why she was apologising, she had nothing to atone for in his eyes. Curse or not, she’d stuck by him through more than she needed to. Few people in his life had been as loyal as Sully, nor as forgiving of his bad decisions. Few people he would willingly give his life for without question. His only answer was to hold her tighter, afraid to let go because of what it would mean. More than anything he wished that moment would last forever, that time would somehow stand still so that she wouldn‘t leave him, but the curse was cruel and unforgiving, taking her away from him before he could lose himself in her eyes.

Her wings took her towards the sky while Dean remained knelt in the dirt, a single lonely tear falling from his watery eyes, emotion overcoming his stoic walls of denial. His heart had never felt so heavy in his chest before and he imagined it to be broken and irreparable, shattering even as he watched the hawk above him soaring higher.

“I’m sorry too.”

It wasn’t long before she was out of sight and Dean was left to his own thoughts, looking back down at his own murky reflection in the water at the river’s edge. The blood on his body looked almost black against his bare skin, evidence of his violent outburst in the shack and he wanted to remove it sooner rather than later. Scooping water up in his hands, he washed what he could away, cleansing himself in more ways than one before his final act in this realm. By the time he was done he felt more human, if only on the outside, ready now for the long walk back to the Impala where he would make peace with the world and end his own life.

As he wandered barefoot back through the bayou, uncaring of his appearance nor how his feet hurt on the rough foliage on the ground, Dean had a lot of time to think about his life and what he had achieved with it. In many ways it felt like the final day before his deal came due, only this time he wasn’t frightened. This time his death would be on his own terms and he was prepared for what would come afterwards.

Hell.

Back to his home beneath, where being a monster didn’t make you a freak, it made you welcome. This time around he couldn’t do any more damage than he already had. After all, he’d already broken the first seal to make it possible for the apocalypse to happen, what could be worse than that? His only regret now was that he hadn’t been able to fix that wrong or spare Sam the weight of guilt he carried for letting Lucifer out in the end.

Sam.

Maybe he should call him, say goodbye. Say sorry for not being the brother he had needed Dean to be. Tell him to be strong and to carry on without him, to forget about trying to save him like he knew Sam would do. To ask him to look after Sully, who he knew would blame herself because she was too much like him for her own good. All the things he needed Sam to hear, like how he loved him and he forgave him for everything. None of the bad blood between them mattered, Dean wasn’t angry with him any more. He just wanted him to be okay. That was all that he cared about now.

Just live your life, Sammy . Don’t be like me, don’t give up.

Ultimately though, he knew he wouldn’t call. He was far to cowardly to speak to him face to face. No, he’d write him a letter instead, tell him everything that way and leave it with the Impala for Sully to find later. Take the quitter’s way out and die alone like he always knew he was meant to.

By the time he’d gotten back to the car he was sweating again, the heat of the sun increasing gradually as it rose towards high noon. Dean had forgotten all about the eclipse, about how it would affect both he and Sully, too preoccupied with his thoughts to care any more. Sweat ran down his naked back as he opened up the trunk, grateful that trees had shaded his baby from the blistering heat enough to not make the metal too hot to touch. His eyes fell upon his pearl handled Colt, sitting out like it was a sign from God, daring him to take it and do what he had intended to do. A test of his strength, to see if he had the balls to go through with it.

Without hesitation he picked it up and checked the clip, removing every bullet except one. The bullet with his name on it as it were. Funny really, he should have gotten one made especially for the occasion, but Sully would have caught onto his intention and stopped him, or worse, had one made for herself. Now all he had to do was pull the trigger and she would be saved.

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and lifted the gun to his temple...

--------------------
user posted image

Made by Alicat
LANE 'SULLY' SULLIVAN
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:19 AM

Group Icon

{
t
h
e

w
o
r
s
t

o
f

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
This was curse nothing but a royal pain in Sully's ass. She soared through the skies knowing that today was going to be her last day as a bird, no matter how she managed to end it. It would also be the last day she saw Dean. There was no way she could let him take the bullet for this - not after everything he'd done. Dean had done more for Sully than anyone ever had - how could she let him pay the price for that? It wasn't right.

Time went on as Sully swooped through the sky, working up her courage to return Dean. As a human he could say whatever was on his mind, tell Sully how she was a screw up. Sure Dean had been the one to kill the witch, but it had ultimately been because of her - again. Sully was a screw up. She was probably the worst of the hunters around, but pretty soon that would be remedied.

As she approached the Impala she saw Dean raising the gun to his head. Terror gripped her heart. What the hell was doing? No, no, no, this was all wrong! She couldn't let him do this. Not for her. Not when he had too many people that cared about him. It wouldn't be right for Dean to die for Sully.

Not noticing the oncoming eclipse, Sully dove towards the ground, giving a fierce, angry shriek. Talons gripped the gun, yanking it from Dean's fingers before he could pull the trigger. Her wings flapped in his face as she pulled back. The eclipse took hold then and Sully shimmered back to human, standing naked across from Dean, standing on the gun she had just taken from Dean.

"Are you out of your mind?" Sully stalked over, and shoved him not caring that she was naked. "Have you completely and utterly fucking lost it, Cowboy?" There was rage and anger in her eyes that he would even consider taking his own life, especially for her. Without even thinking about it her hand swung, closed fist, catching Dean across the jaw. The impact made her own hand hurt, but she didn't care.

"You don't get to do that. You don't get to kill yourself and make me watch, and make me have to give you a hunters funeral and then call your brother and tell him that you're dead because of me!" She yelled at him. "You sure as hell don't get to leave me like this, you stupid son of a bitch!"

Sully was so lost in her rage, she didn't even notice that they were both standing there as humans.

notes here

--------------------
user posted image

Made by the lovely Ang!
DEAN WINCHESTER
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 09:04 AM

POSSE MAGNET
Group Icon

Eyes squeezed shut in anticipation and determination, Dean didn’t see Sully on her approach, but he snapped his eyes open again when he heard her screech, the sound so close to him that he flinched, spinning around to find her swooping down to him like a rocket falling to earth. For a split second he thought she meant to tear his face off with her talons, but she was really after the gun in his hand, snatching it away from his grip before seamlessly changing back to her human form right before his very eyes. Dean was too shocked that she’d stopped him to comment though, bombarded by her anger and instinctively on the defensive to question how they could both be on two legs at the same time in the middle of the day.

"Have you completely and utterly fucking lost it, Cowboy?"

Dean shoved her arms away when she pushed him back, his hip bouncing off the trunk of the Impala as she backed him against it.

“For the second time in my life, I know exactly what I’m doing, Sully. I know what my purpose is, there’s only one way out of this now and this is it.”

In hindsight, he really should have expected the punch. Again she knocked him back against the car and he leant on it for a moment, rubbing his throbbing jaw, becoming angry with her that she had ruined his plan. It had taken him a long time to pluck up the courage to sacrifice himself, knowing what would come afterwards, he be damned if he was just going to let her choose his fate for him.

"You don't get to do that. You don't get to kill yourself and make me watch, and make me have to give you a hunters funeral and then call your brother and tell him that you're dead because of me! You sure as hell don't get to leave me like this, you stupid son of a bitch!"

“I didn’t intend for you to see this!” He snapped back, jaw throbbing intensely where it was starting to bruise. In retaliation he shoved her back too, surprisingly oblivious to how naked the pair of them were, unfazed by it after becoming so used to seeing her without clothes on when it was dusk and dawn. This was that brief moment when they were both human that came with the rising and setting of the sun, that old familiar habit of arguing slipping back in as if there hadn’t been a day that had passed since the rodeo they’d met at.

“Why’s it always gotta be what you want anyway, hmm? I’m not allowed to kill myself, but it’s okay for you to just give up and go be a mindless fuck slave for Swamp-thing back there? You actually think I could let you do that and just walk away?"

His voice had risen in frustration, blood pumping through him in preparation for a brawl he could sense was approaching. Whilst it wasn't in his nature to hit a woman, Sully gave as good as she got, if it was a fight she wanted, he wouldn't be the one to back down first.

"Are you that screwed in the head?”

--------------------
user posted image

Made by Alicat
LANE 'SULLY' SULLIVAN
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 01:45 PM

Group Icon

{
t
h
e

w
o
r
s
t

o
f

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
When Dean shoved her back it only ignited Sully's anger even more. It was exactly like old times, and maybe she just needed a little of that right now - or maybe she was just entirely too pissed at Dean for trying to take his own life. The thought of him doing that - especially for her twisted something inside of her painfully. Sully wasn't exactly sure what it was, but it made her ache in ways she didn't like, made her breath hitch a little at the thought of Dean sacrificing himself for her.

"Maybe you didn't intend for me to see this, but did you think I'd just take off and leave you alone? Did you think I wouldn't come back and make sure you were okay? Who the fuck did you think would find you're body?" She shoved him back, harder against the Impala this time, taking a step closer to him.

"And it's not about what I want you stupid, ignorant, blind, moron!" Her voice got louder, more heated with each word. "It's about what's right! You have a family, people who love and care about you! If either of the two of us should go down for this it's me, and you know I'm right. Handing myself over to the witch would have broken the curse, gotten you free, and eventually I would have found a way out of it, I always do!"

By the end of her rant, Sully's chest was rising and falling with exertion. Hot blooded anger flowed through her veins. When Dean asked her if she was screwed in the head, something snapped. Before Sully could stop herself, she slapped Dean across the face. Admittedly for that was mild. Normally she would have broken his nose, just like back in the day, but Sully didn't want to hurt him, not really, not anymore, not after everything he'd done for her.

Even so, Dean was treading on dangerous territory implying she was crazy. She didn't even say anything after that - showing more restraint than she had in a long time. Instead she just took heavy breaths, glaring at him, ready for his next punch. If Dean wanted a fight, she would gladly give him one.

notes here

--------------------
user posted image

Made by the lovely Ang!
DEAN WINCHESTER
Posted: May 6 2012, 08:53 AM

POSSE MAGNET
Group Icon

Lane Sullivan had never slapped him with an open palm before in his entire life. Something about the sting she’d left in his cheek threw him off his angry rant and he just stared at her in confusion and mild hurt, unable to retaliate how he’d expected he was going to after having anticipated another punch. Maybe that’s why she’d done it. To get one up on him somehow, throwing him a curve ball that he didn’t know how to handle. His hand had been curled into a fist, but looking at her now, he couldn’t bring himself to raise it to her. She had held back for once and he couldn’t figure out why, and that, more than anything, frustrated the hell out of him.

He clenched his jaw and stepped up to her, his face right in front of hers, the annoyance showing that her argument about being worth less than he was, invalid in his eyes. She didn’t know how wrong she was, but Dean couldn’t form the words to tell her. It was as though she’d slapped his reasoning ability right out of him, his concentration waning further as her bare, heaving chest rose and fell just under his eye line.

If he couldn’t hit her and he couldn’t yell at her, there really was only one thing left that he could do and that was to kiss her. Before she could react, his hands were on either side of her face and his lips were pressed to hers in the most passionate kiss he’d ever given anyone, ever. There was no thought involved really, by the time he’d pulled away to give them both a chance to breathe, his brain still hadn’t figured out what had just happened. It was as if his body had taken on a will of it’s own and decided that if she could throw curve balls, so could he, and boy was he as surprised as she was.

Letting go of her, he dropped his hands back to his sides, a little stunned with himself if he was perfectly honest, yet totally unable to tear his gaze from her face. All the confidence he’d just had in that moment drained away, replaced with fear that he might have just done something that would ruin everything between them forever. The silence hung heavy in the air but he dared not speak, hoping instead that Sully might think she’d just imagined him kissing her.

Did he really want that though? After all the years he’d known her, grown close to her, been in the most life threatening situations with her, hadn’t it always been at the back of his mind that she was the one woman he’d never made a move on, but had been the one woman he’d most wanted to?

--------------------
user posted image

Made by Alicat
LANE 'SULLY' SULLIVAN
Posted: May 6 2012, 09:11 AM

Group Icon

{
t
h
e

w
o
r
s
t

o
f

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
After slapping Dean, Sully had expected some sort of retaliation. That's how it worked. They were never scared of hitting each other, of getting into bouts of gritty, bare knuckled, knock out, drag fights. They weren't afraid of each other, they were always honest with each other. Maybe that was why Sully had done the open handed slap - hoping it would be a shock to Dean's system to pull him out of the dark, shadowed place he was residing.

When he stepped up to her, Sully steeled herself, waiting for his fist to fly, waiting for the lines to be drawn, the fight to begin. Sully might not be the best hunter out there, not even close, but she could throw a punch, she could take one too. Most of her life had been spent taking hits, kicks, and so much more from her father. With Dean it was different. It was just how it was, there was no animosity, not hatred - well not anymore. In fact, if Sully was honest with herself, she couldn't remember the last time they'd been in a physical fight like that. It had to have been well before she was tortured.

Dean's lips were suddenly crushing against hers, his hands on either side of her face. Sully's heart jumped, her hands one up in the air, in surprise. It was electrifying, passionate, deep, and....it felt good. Heart racing, Sully was still trying to figure out what had just happened when Dean pulled away from her. He stepped back, fear flashing in his eyes.

Slowly, Sully lowered her arms, breathing heavily than before, still trying to figure out what had just happened. If she were honest, she had felt things for Dean long ago, but she'd never made a move on it. Never attempted to become another notch on his belt. Sully hadn't want that. She hadn't wanted to just be another woman he slept with. Their friendship, having someone in her life that she could truly trust - well that was enough.

Now though, her lips had tasted Dean's. It made things low in her body tighten, and she realized, that right now, during the eclipse. This might be the last chance she had to be with Dean. When the sun and moon parted, they would be cursed again. They would never have another moment like this.

Without another word, Sully stepped back into Dean's personal space, wrapping her arms around him, pressing her body to his, and kissing him hungrily. One of her hands slid up through his hair as she held him close, needing the contact and feel of another person - with Dean. The heat from his sun-kissed skin, mingled with hers, pushing past the ache and the cold deep inside of her, wrapping around her comfortingly. In a few short hours, they would lose each other for ever. So for just right now, Sully wanted to have all of him.

notes here

--------------------
user posted image

Made by the lovely Ang!
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1944 seconds | Archive