home Members Active Topics Calendar Advertising
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

WE ARE MOVING! CLICK THE BANNER FOR REDIRECT!
JOIN US AT THE NEW SWAN SONG

Hello and welcome to Swan Song! We are an advanced Supernatural roleplay set in season five. We have an awesome member base, a friendly staff, and are always eager to greet guests and new members.

This community is rated R, as such all members must be eighteen and over to join. Please read over the plot and the rules before joining.

QUICK LOG IN

Important Links!

PLOT
RULES
F.A.Q.'S
CANONS
FACECLAIMS
SPECIES
APPLICATION

EMAIL: SPNTrifecta@gmail.com

SISTER SITES
No Rest For The Wicked Hang Em High

Tumblr

No longer here

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Work We Go, Tag: Open
Solphi Kellerman
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 05:45 PM

Demon Hunter Extroidinaire

Group: DECEASED
Member No.: 61

{
You find your way under my skin. And I'm trying not to love you. But I hate the way I keep on giving In to you like I always do. Got your poison running through my veins. The way you pull me in. The way you chew me up. The way you spit me out. I keep coming back.
B
r
e
a
k

T
h
i
s

S
p
e
l
l
A lot of Pennsylvania is nothing but old coal mans and industrial parks. That pretty much summed up the small town Braddock. There wasn't a lot of work for people out here. Most of it was working for the railroads or in the coal mines. If you were really lucky you got a cushy job as a brick layer. It was a town full of honest, hard working people who were just trying to get by.

Unfortunately there was a nasty demon who had trapped the miner's below ground. It was a catastrophe and they were running out of oxygen. Solphi only knew it was a demon because there had been omens, things leading to this. The more death, destruction, and chaos, the happier the horseman would be, the more inclined they would be to move along with the apocalypse. It was here. Solphi knew it. She was just doing her damnedest to stop it.

Solphi moved through the crowd quietly, her sunglasses on, hair pulled back - dressed like a rescue worker. Under her clothes there were plenty of weapons. She needed to find a way into that mine. If she didn't, those men were going to be dead before rescue workers ever got to them. It wasn't going to be easy, but Solphi had seen the demon on screen. The host was one she had been tracking for a while. The demon himself was Paymon. A king of hell, aiding his master the best way he knew how. Killing humans to please the devil.

There were news crews, rescue crews, professionals, spectators, and worried families all around. Solphi knew Paymon was powerful. She also knew that if he had his way, he'd use the miner's in a sacrifice, a tribute to Lucifer. It would make the lands of the town barren. Anyone who resided here would have misfortune and darkness cast upon them. Blood magic was powerful. Paymon was a bastard.

Slipping into the front of the mine tunnel, Solphi put on her hard hard, the small light shining the tunnels in front of her. There was still coal dust all around. It made visibility hard. She took off her sunglasses, pocketed them, and started to move deeper in, careful not to cause an avalanche on herself.

Finished!

--------------------
user posted image
*Credit to Ang!!*
CONNOR ST. JAMES
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 07:00 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Hunters
Member No.: 213

user posted image
THERE ARE MANY THINGS I'D LIKE TO SAY TO
YOU BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW, I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW.
'CAUSE I SAID MAYBE, YOU'RE GONNA BE THE ONE THAT SAVES ME. AND AFTER ALL, YOU'RE MY WONDERWALL.

He hated demons. Everything about them set his skin to tingling; there was something about them that made him very uneasy. The fact that they were Lucifer’s little minions did nothing to set his mind at ease, and the fact that they had different powers depending on what standing they had in their fucked up society made his skin crawl. Connor was a hunter and demons came with the territory, this was true, and he understood that they were unavoidable; he preferred an old-fashioned hunt, however. Give him a shape-shifter gone afoul or some werewolf to skin any day over a demon and he would count himself as a happy man.

The fact that it took a hunt and a successful kill at the end of it to make him happy said a lot about his character. Connor had never been…well, normal. How could he be, being what he was? When he was seventeen he was being taken out back and shown how to kill monsters while other boys his age were taking girls to their backseats and going to the Friday night football games. That had never been Connor, though. To be honest, none of the St. James boys had lived up to society standards of normality. Then again, with a father like theirs and a family business that involved slaying creatures that went bump in the night, looking back on it now he supposed it was not all that strange from his standpoint. Then again, outside looking in always made things easier to understand.

He had always been a bit of a freak, or so he heard people call him. Connor embraced that; he had met hunters that always seemed to shun the “burden” they were forced to bear, like they were Jesus carrying the cross along their shoulders. His usual response was to tell them to shut up and get back to work; he loved what he did. How many people got to say that they saw werewolves and fairies and shape-shifters on a daily basis? Who could say that they had seen a reaper and lived to tell about it later? Not many, and he was damn proud that he was one of the few that got to brag about that, small though the group was he could actually share his stories with. He supposed loneliness was what got to people more than anything in this line of work, but that was just another obstacle to jump over, and once you did, it wasn’t so bad.

Connor had heard about the collapse in the mine and decided that it sounded too suspicious to just pass up. No one paid him any attention; dressed in his usual jeans, boots, and long-sleeved shirt and vest, he tended to blend into a crowd easily enough. To be honest, slipping into the mine was easier than he had dared hope for. He felt naked without his crossbow, but he knew there was no way to get into the mine with a crowd of people milling around without causing some sort of scene and had left it with his motorcycle behind a tree line, hidden in some underbrush to make sure no one stole it while he was gone. Connor still had his hunting knife strapped to his thigh, however, along with his pistol stashed into the back of his pants.

He was adjusting his flashlight and pulling his gun out when he heard a rock shift behind him. Turning sharply with his gun raised to chest level, Connor blinked into the light of a hardhat and ducked his head. ”What the hell?” he muttered, lowering the gun some and backing up a step, shading his eyes with a hand to try to avoid blinding himself again. The face was familiar…too familiar. ”What are you doing down here?” he demanded.

[align=center]

-----------------------------------------
WORDS! 639. // OUTFIT! URL. // SETTING! // CREDIT! BELLA DOESN'T OWN A SWAN ? @ CAUTION/ATF, BBY.[/align]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Solphi Kellerman
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 01:41 PM

{
You find your way under my skin. And I'm trying not to love you. But I hate the way I keep on giving In to you like I always do. Got your poison running through my veins. The way you pull me in. The way you chew me up. The way you spit me out. I keep coming back.
B
r
e
a
k

T
h
i
s

S
p
e
l
l
To be honest, Solphi didn't expect to see another hunter down here. Tunneling through mines wasn't exactly their thing. Something on this scale was not going to be easy. Hell it was probably a suicide mission. Solphi knew demons though, and she knew these men were in trouble. Demons and monsters were becoming bold all for the sake of chaos.

When Solphi's light flashed on someone at first she imagined it was going to be another rescue worker. One that probably wouldn't recognize her. She hated having to knock people out, but if knocking one man out, meant saving the lives of almost a dozen more, well she would do it. Still, as the late pushed back the shadows from the man's face, all Solphi could do was grin.

He was haggard, he was filthy, and he had an attitude from hell. None of which bothered Solphi much. At the end of the day she knew he was a good man - one who pushed people away. Solphi didn't know why. It wasn't her business and she didn't pry - much. Though she'd never actually hunted with him, Solphi was glad to see a friendly face.

She nodded at him, the smile still on her face. The light from her hard hat bobbed up and down. "Hey heathen." She winked at him. "I imagine I'm here for the same reason you are." Solphi pushed past him, looking deeper into the tunnels, trying to figure out which way was the best to go. "To get the men out and take care of Paymon."

Finished!

--------------------
user posted image
*Credit to Ang!!*
CONNOR ST. JAMES
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 02:11 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

user posted image
THERE ARE MANY THINGS I'D LIKE TO SAY TO
YOU BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW, I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW.
'CAUSE I SAID MAYBE, YOU'RE GONNA BE THE ONE THAT SAVES ME. AND AFTER ALL, YOU'RE MY WONDERWALL.
    <span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'><div align=center>There was not much that Connor feared. Small things, mostly, but there were some things that were beyond his control, and that was what he feared more than anything, though he did his utmost not to admit it to anyone, himself included. Truth be told, being down in the tunnels freaked him out; there was something about being buried alive and being that helpless that had always frightened him, and right now he felt like he was just short of a pine box—if he ever even got that much for a burial. Frankly, he was not holding much for himself in that department; he would be happy to have anything left of himself to be buried to be perfectly honest. Not that it mattered; he knew once you died you were dead and nothing mattered anymore as it was, so that whole burial thing was bullshit anyway. Oh well, if it made people feel better having that sort of closure, they were welcome to it.
    The last thing he had expected down here was another hunter, least of all this one. He was grateful for it though; she was a demonologist and knew what the hell she was talking about when it came to this brand of monster. Connor knew enough to get him by, but he was much more comfortable hunting things with fur—or anything that was not directly tied to Lucifer. He was not overly superstitious, but Connor did believe in a higher power (how could he not, considering he knew there was a hell and the Devil himself and angels?) and he had seen the power they held. He knew he was a mere man and no match for such might and had no intention to rile that sort of mystic voodoo up; he would stick to something that he could shoot and be damn sure it was dead, thank you very much.
    He had a feeling that while he pushed people away, her pulling them in was an act as well. She had latched onto him from the get-go for one reason or another when most people avoided him, and happily so for all involved. Why, he was not sure, and it was not his business, but he was curious. But he knew that her happy-go-lucky, take-the-piss attitude was not something that she held up easily and that she was as big of a poker player as he was. She was a good woman, a good hunter as far as he knew, but just as damaged as anyone else he had come across.
    Connor doubted she was here for exactly the same reason he was. He just wanted to get those people out; normally his heart did not bleed that much for people, but it was not their fault they had gotten trapped in this mine. He did not want to deal with the demon, but he would if he had to. Now that he had a professional with him, he thought his odds had gone up, and he felt like that was her main drive for being here, but he held his tongue. ”Paymon? That the demon who did this?” he asked, reaching out to grab her arm. He pointed down at the ground, which was covered in dust and rock and boot prints. ”Mind watching where you’re going? You’re going to mess up the trail.”
</span>
</div>
-----------------------------------------
WORDS! 639. // OUTFIT! URL. // SETTING! // CREDIT! BELLA DOESN'T OWN A SWAN ? @ CAUTION/ATF, BBY.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Solphi Kellerman
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 10:15 PM

{
B
r
e
a
k

T
h
i
s

S
p
e
l
l
“I have a feeling it is,” Solphi told Connor easily. She had more than a feeling. Solphi had been tracking the host for a while now. She was hoping that Paymon had some much needed information, but she didn’t tell Connor that. There was no need, and besides they were already in a dire predicament. Adding complications wasn’t going to help. “I’ve been on his trail for a while now. He’s a pretty sick bastard. He relishes in mass chaos, making people bleed, but mostly making women scream. He’s raped more than one woman along the way, cause a few disasters that normal people think are just bad luck.” She shrugged. “He’s one of the darker demons.”

When Connor grabbed her arm and mentioned the trail, Solphi smiled a bit. “You do realize that there’s only one path to the collapse right? If there was more than one they wouldn’t be digging topside trying to get air to the minors.” She put her hand over Connor’s where it rested on her arm, and squeezed gently. “I’ve been hunting demons since I was kid. I was raised in this remember? I’m not a novice.”

Winking at him, Solphi gently pulled away from his grip. She had plenty of provisions on her. Holy water grenades, holy water syringes, rosaries, chalk to draw an impromptu devils traps, knives, guns, salt. Solphi didn’t walk into a demonic situation unprepared. She also knew that if Paymon really wanted too he could just snap his fingers and tear her apart. Connor as well. Hell anyone he really wanted too. They had to be careful going into this. She knew if there was one slip Paymon would have no trouble torturing her in more ways than one. Solphi couldn’t afford that. Not only because she had a little girl at home who needed her, but because if she screwed this up, there was no way she would get the information she needed.

Then, even if Solphi died, Willow could still be in danger. That was something she couldn’t risk.

Turning back to the tunnel, Solphi continued walking until she came to the giant rock wall, that was not only trapping the minors, but keeping them out as well. They had to figure out how to get through without collapsing the tunnels. It wouldn’t be easy that was for sure. There had to be a way in. There always was. Paymon could blink out if he wanted too, but he also liked to make a show of things.

Walking over, Solphi put her hands on the rocks, testing for weak spots. It was like a game of Jenga, except if she pulled out the wrong rock, the whole thing would come falling down on them. That wouldn’t do any good. Still, Solphi in some ways had to be optimistic. Just because people couldn’t get out, didn’t mean that they couldn’t get in. Biting her lip, she tilted her head, searching for some weakness. She touched the rocks, hoping to dislodge some of them. Maybe if they could just make a small hole, she could crawl through and get to the other side.

Finished!

--------------------
user posted image
*Credit to Ang!!*
CONNOR ST. JAMES
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 03:26 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

KICK IT UP A NOTCH
if you’re ever gonna reach your goal what I see right there is a prisoner who’s sitting on top of the key! so kick it up a notch if you ever wanna be free

Whoever this Paymon was, he certainly sounded like a sick bastard. Most demons were; Connor knew that none of them were to be trusted, that was just a given, but this one sounded like a new breed of evil. One of the darker demons only seemed to be the tip of the iceberg in this one’s case; as far as Connor could tell, he was one of Lucifer’s personal favorites, but then again he had never researched demons to a great extent. She had; she knew what she was talking about, and so he kept his mouth shut. This was not something that could be solved with a few arrows, a knife, and some well-aimed stabs. This was a completely different ball game, one that he normally stayed out of; play to your strengths, he was always taught, and right now he was a fly in a web, and Connor did not like it one bit.

There may have been only one tunnel to lead down, but he was skeptical; he would not put it past a demon to make multiple trails to get them lost in here, but he did not want to voice that aloud. He honestly believed most people up above were idiots; for all they knew they could be digging a hole to the minors, or they could be digging a hole to an empty cavern. ”I never said you were,” he said, releasing her arm, placing his hand back on his crossbow instead. ”I just don’t like that he would make a trail directly to him, you know? Seems…off, at least from my experience with demons.” His experience was limited, but what he had learned was that demons generally liked to play with their food; this Paymon was different, and different always got Connor on edge.

Connor’s jaw tightened as she started to walk down the tunnel. He knew that it was now or never to get out, but he knew that the choice had already been made for him. Cursing himself, he gave one last glance over his shoulder before following her into the darkness and gloom of the cave, the faint light of the opening of the tunnel still burning his eyes. He wanted it to; that may well be the last light he ever saw, considering this was practically a death march. Well, he supposed today was as good a day to die as any; they were hunters, after all, and that meant they played a daily game of Russian roulette with their lives. One of these days that dial was going to roll over and the bullet was going to fly out of that barrel and the game would be over; today might just be it, considering what they were hunting.

They walked in silence, not wanting to give away their position. Personally, he thought this was stupid; this was a demon, after all, and would most likely know they were already in the tunnel. They could not have made their presence more known if they had walked in with a marching band, but again, he kept his mouth shut and followed behind her in silence. He had a small supply of holy water, but it was minimal at best. He was just thinking of pouring it on the arrows, thinking that if nothing else it would buy them a little time and cause at least a bit more damage before they got ripped to shreds when she stopped at a wall of rock.

Connor watched as Solphi tested the rocks, thinking it was a waste of her time. If she managed to dislodge some, the chances of there being an opening were minimal at best; most likely there would be more rocks behind it, and more rocks behind those. ”The only way you’re getting through that is with TNT,” he said, looking the rock face up and down, nudging it with the toe of his boot. ”Do’ya think there’s another tunnel up ahead? Chances are the cave in was not so bad in another sector…”

for character/name ▪ �### words. ▪ �template credit goes to g t f o < 3 @ ATF. ▪ notes notes go here, keep it short. yes.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Solphi Kellerman
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 06:13 AM

{
B
r
e
a
k

T
h
i
s

S
p
e
l
l
Connor was right of course. The rock's weren't budging which was going to make it difficult for them to get through. Solphi needed to get back there. She knew Paimon was in there, and more than likely he wasn't being kind to the miner's. The longer it took Solphi and Connor to get back there, the more likely it was that people were going to be dead. Well if they were still alive at all.

"If there was any opening at all," Solphi glanced over at him. "Rescue workers would have been through it by now. They wouldn't be worried about the men and women down there running out of air. They also wouldn't be digging from above ground trying to get to the cavern they're in."

Solphi sighed. "Demons can smoke out when they want to. No need to walk around or use a car. Which means he probably sealed up every tunnel if there's more than one."

She was still trying to find a way through the rocks, but it was no use. Getting up she turned to Connor and smiled a bit. "Let's go tunnel hunting."

Without waiting for his reply, Solphi slipped into the shadows, the light on her hard hat the only indication of where she was going. She licked her dry lips, heading towards the other opening, hoping to find a way through. They definitely had their work cut out from them.

The other tunnel was blocked off too, but Solphi saw a small opening, a place that had been left open by the awkward angle of rocks. It would be tight, but if she could get through they'd be on the other side and she'd be that much closer to getting to Paimon.

Glancing over her shoulder, Solphi smiled at Connor. "Hope you're not claustrophobic."

I wrote this half asleep I hope it makes sense lol.

--------------------
user posted image
*Credit to Ang!!*
CONNOR ST. JAMES
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 06:11 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

KICK IT UP A NOTCH
if you’re ever gonna reach your goal what I see right there is a prisoner who’s sitting on top of the key! so kick it up a notch if you ever wanna be free

This was so stupid. This poor bastards down in this mine were on borrowed time from the word go and now, as far as he was concerned, he and Solphi was basically on limited time as well. They were on a suicide mission down here and for some reason neither one of them were pulling back to say "let's just forget about it." Then again, they were both hunters. He did not know what or why, but somehow are birth hunters seemed to be embedded with a desire to save everyone because they could not save themselves. It was a lost cause and one that he doubted they would win, but they had to try even if it meant their own lives. Stupid, stupid pride.

"I ain't saying there's no hope, but there's not a lot," he warned her. He doubted she needed the reminder, but sometimes it was necessary to say. He felt that they were too late as it was and that with the tunnel blocked off, the chances of them getting to another tunnel were slim and none, but she seemed determined, and there was always a chance...Maybe. He sighed and nodded, tightening his grip on his bow. Tunnel hunting it was...pointless hunting, but something to do all the same. It was better than sitting there with their pants around their ankles doing nothing.

Connor flattened himself against the wall to give her some room to squeeze past him and then followed her. Her headlight was the only source of light they had to go by down here; he had not brought anything but his flashlight, which was tucked into his belt. He pulled it out and flicked it on, using it to guide his own path so he did not trip over any rocks in his path and stumble into her...or worse, down some unseen ravine to his death. He knew he was going to die doing this job someday, but this was not how he was going to do it. He would much rather go down swinging and taking a bunch of monsters with him than by some damn fool mistake.

They walked down the path until she found another tunnel. This was blocked as well, but for a small opening which she seemed to think was salvation. Connor raised his flashlight toward the awkward opening, making a face. "I ain't claustrophobic," he said, shouldering his bow reluctantly, feeling naked without the weapon at the ready. He walked forward and shone his light through, but he could not see anything but darkness. Feeling like they were walking into something they shouldn't be, Connor flattened himself against the wall and started to awkwardly slide himself through to the other side.

for character/name ▪ �### words. ▪ �template credit goes to g t f o < 3 @ ATF. ▪ notes notes go here, keep it short. yes.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Solphi Kellerman
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 12:18 PM

{
B
r
e
a
k

T
h
i
s

S
p
e
l
l
The rocks scraped against her skin, tugging at Solphi's clothes as she followed Connor through the small space. Right about now she was cursing the existence of breasts because they were getting in the way. She was going to have scratches along her skin, but it didn't really bother her. Things could be a lot worse and at the moment, they hadn't made it to the heart of the situation. When they did, things would be bad. The problem was, Solphi needed to trap Paimon, not exorcise him. At least not yet.

Solphi finally made it through the rocks, a grunt escaping her when she broke free and could breathe easy again. She brushed herself and looked over to Connor with a smile. "See that wasn't too bad, right?"

Chuckling she wandered past him. The laughter faded as Solphi looked around. The tunnels were open from here, and she would think that there would be people trying to get out, but so far there was no one. Where the hell did Paimon have them? What did he want with them? Tension crept into Solphi's shoulder. She pulled out her salt filled shot gun and was completely on alert.

"We need to be careful," She said to Connor. "Something's wrong and Paimon is a sick bastard." Solphi glanced at him. "And he has no problem showing off about it."

smile.gif Sorry a little short.

--------------------
user posted image
*Credit to Ang!!*
CONNOR ST. JAMES
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 09:38 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

KICK IT UP A NOTCH

The rocks scraped against his skin, leaving small scratches that were not painful now but he knew would be annoying later. Still, a few scratches here and some bumps there were all things he could deal with. Rubbing his skin against rock was not the real issue here, and he figured that if they got out of here with just some scrapes from the rocks they would be incredibly lucky. Connor knew better though; they were going to walk out of here with more than that, if they walked out of here at all. Heading into a dark cave where people were trapped with a notoriously dangerous demon did not strike him as a particularly good way to spend an afternoon.

When he manages to finally reach the end of the small tunnel, he breathed a sigh of relief. Connor had a few fears in life, and while he was not claustrophobic, he did not like tight spaces like that either. Walking out of there now where he could expand his chest fully and not walk on his tip-toes felt like the breath of life as air filled his lungs again. Solphi joined him a moment later, looking no worse for the wear than he could have and seeming to be just as happy to be out of the crevice.

"Ain't exactly my first choice for a vacation," he said, bringing his crossbow up immediately as he looked around, using his other hand to support the flashlight. There was much more open space back here and the tunnels were open from this side of the rockslide, but there were no people, and more importantly no demon. Not that they could see right now, anyway. He did not like that; it put him on edge immediately. What Connor really did not like, though, was the total silence.

"I don't like this," Connor said in a low undertone, looking around slowly, on high alert. If there was anything hunting had taught him after all these years, it was that silence like this always lead to trouble. "It's too quiet in here, something's wrong."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Solphi Kellerman
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 07:24 PM

{
B
r
e
a
k

T
h
i
s

S
p
e
l
l
Connor wasn’t lying. It was entirely too calm. There should be sounds of pain, or people being frightened, but there was just – silence. Not even the sound of other people breathing. Solphi’s heart hammered wildly in her chest now that they were on the other side of the wall. She was sure that in the silence, the quick, rhythmic beating was echoing off the walls giving away their positions.

That wasn’t a good thing. If Paimon found out they were there before they could get the drop on him – well the demon was methodical. He didn’t do things on a whim, which made Solphi wonder what the hell he was doing with these miners. There was a lot going on in the world that was hectic and chaotic. It didn’t make sense, at least not to her, but that didn’t mean that it didn’t make sense to Paimon.

“Keep your eyes open,” She told Connor. “This bastard is sick. He has no problem playing games with us.”

Suddenly Solphi’s voice echoed back to them. ”He has no problem playing games with us.”

Aww hell. There was no way it was a coincidence. There was no such thing in this world. Paimon knew they were there. He had probably opened that angle for them to get in. Which meant he was expecting what was coming. That meant he was going to toy with them.

Solphi gave Connor a grave look before the demon called out in his own voice. “Olly, olly oxen free!” His deep throated chuckle reverberated through the cavern. “Come and get me if you can. If you win, I’ll free the ones left alive. If not – well let’s just say I know quite a few demons who will enjoy torturing them in hell.”

Swallowing thickly, Solphi squared her shoulders. It was a trap – it was obvious it was a trap, but honestly – what choice did they have?

I wrote this half asleep I hope it makes sense lol.

--------------------
user posted image
*Credit to Ang!!*
CONNOR ST. JAMES
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 01:06 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

KICK IT UP A NOTCH

He did not like this one bit. He was the hunter, and any time he became the hunted his blood pressure rose. It was a big game of cat and mouse, and for a while he had believed they were the cat. It was now that he realized how wrong that assumption was; they had been the mice from the start. All of this was a finely-laid trap and they had walked into it blindly. He felt exposed and manipulated, and while he wanted to die as a real hunter, he had no intentions of dying in this cave today. Then again, if he did, no one would have to bury what was left of him; this was a tomb in and of itself. Fitting, really, since he knew right then and there that they were nothing more than meat dangling on the end of a stick in front of a ravenous carnivore; it was just waiting for the drop now, and he could feel it coming.

Connor looked over at Solphi as she started to talk, feeling like silence was the best in this situation but not stopping her. It felt good to have some sort of noise in the quiet.even if he knew it was stupid to break the silence. "Dunno why you're being so quiet," he said grimly, loading a bolt into his crossbow as he spoke. "You might as well be yellin' that we are here on a silver platter for him. He knows we're here; he's known since we stepped into this damn cave."

His natural instinct was to stay quiet, but what was the point? They could not have been more obvious coming in here than if they had had bells around their neck and were shouting at each other. And as if on cue, the demon's voice rang out, the echos surrounding them making him sound like ten demons instead of one. Connor raised his crossbow immediately, doubting that the bolts would not much besides piss this bastard off more; they had been dipped in holy water, sure, but that was about all he had been able to do. He really should have researched demons more, made a real study out of it...now he doubted he would have the chance.

Connor glanced over his shoulder to the hole they had just slid through. "We should get out of here while we still have a chance," he said, thinking aloud. The minors were all dead, he had no doubt about that. They were completely unprepared for this and going into something this huge unprepared was practically asking for death. He had no problems dying; Connor had made his peace a long time ago in case something like this ever happened. He was not about to just serve himself up to some demon as a suicide tribute, though.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Solphi Kellerman
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 11:12 AM

{
B
r
e
a
k

T
h
i
s

S
p
e
l
l
In no way was Connor wrong. This was a trap. Paimon probably hadn't started out that way, but he had to have known that hunters were coming. It wasn't the first time Solphi had gone up against him. The fact that it was her and Connor that came to get the miner's out, well somehow she imagined that Paimon was giddy with glee. A sick, twisted, morbid glee, but a glee none the less. It made her cringe inside just thinking about.

Solphi looked over to Connor, she gave him a sad look. Connor didn't know about Willow or Solphi's past. He didn't know that she was after this demon because she was trying to save the father of her child - that she had a promise and there was no way she was going back on it. Solphi didn't want to die doing this either, but the truth was her heart was still broken, and she longed for the ache to ease. How helping Sastre was going to do that, she didn't know. He was with another woman, and she knew he wasn't going to leave her, but at the same time she couldn't stand by and do nothing.

"You can go." Turning she started back down the tunnel, the light from her hard hat bobbing and reflecting off the walls as she walked. "I can't."

It was true. Well maybe it wasn't, but in her mind it was. The tunnels started shaking, rocks and debris started falling around them. Solphi tried to press herself against the wall to keep from getting hit. Paimon's laughter echoed down the halls. A pile of rocks started tumbling towards them. Solphi's eyes widened. "Oh hell!" She looked over. "Run!" She started towards the small entrance they came through, but it was already too late, more debris fell, throwing up a cloud of dust too thick to see through. Something bounced off Solphi's hard hat, something else sliced through her thigh. She hit the ground, coughing - waiting for the chaos to settle.

Finished!

--------------------
user posted image
*Credit to Ang!!*
CONNOR ST. JAMES
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:24 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

KICK IT UP A NOTCH

He felt like an idiot. Normally he was so careful before he went somewhere, and today he had just dove inside this gaping maw, and now he doubted he would see sunlight again. He knew this job would kill him; there was no retirement plan for hunters. You lived for a while, sometimes longer than others, and eventually your job caught up with you and you died, mostly violently. He did not expect it to be when he was still fairly young and capable; years in the woods and constantly moving around made it so that he was still in decent shape and could keep up with people younger than him fairly easily, even set the pace in some cases. Yet here he was, basically in a pre-made grave. He could have kicked himself.

He had no idea about her past, why she was here. She did not know him either, though, so in that right they were on even footing. Hell, at the moment he did not even know why he was here; he was not a typical hunter in that he thought anyone in trouble needed to be rescued or he had to die trying. Some people were idiots and deserved what they got; it was cold, but it was also a fact of life. But these minors were decent working men just doing their jobs, hard labor, and he could appreciate that. Coming from a home with nothing where hard work and a hard living meant everything, he could understand what these people were going through. That was why he had gone into this God-forsaken cave. Solphi's reasoning was her own business.

'And yet you have all the fun?" he mumbled. She most likely thought him a coward now, voicing the obvious choice of fleeing, and if there was one thing he could not stand, it was someone thinking he was scared. He wasn't'; everyone had to die, but if he had a choice it would be under his terms, but ripped apart by some sick demon with a torture fetish. He would rather have his head ripped off or his entrails ripped out, something quick, not a prolonged death.

Connor frowned; she couldn't leave? What a strange response. He could not comment on it though, because a moment later the walls were shaking and their one escape route collapsed. What little hope he had disappeared, snuffed out like a candle in a high wind. Well, today was as good a day to die as any, he supposed. Grimacing, he turned and grabbed her arm, pulling her along with him as the rocks continued to fall. He felt something heavy strike his arm, almost dropping his bow but somehow managing to hold on. Solphi's weight dropped behind him. "MOVE! he bellowed over the din, practically dragging her to her feet and shoving her against the wall, shielding her with his body as the rocks continued to tumble.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Solphi Kellerman
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:35 PM

{
B
r
e
a
k

T
h
i
s

S
p
e
l
l
It seemed to take forever, but the shaking finally stopped. Solphi found herself being shielded by Connor in a cloud of dust from the rubble that has cascaded around them. It filled her lungs, searing in her chest, making her cough to expel the substance. Her leg hurt like hell, and she felt the warmth of her blood spreading across her jeans. She'd tie it off, but first she needed to assess the situation, check and make sure Connor was okay, and then they needed to find their way out of this hell hole. She had underestimated Paimon, and that mistake could be costly.

The room was dark, no light coming from anywhere. Even the light on her helmet had been busted. That was why Solphi always came prepared. Reaching into her duffel, Solphi pulled out some flashlights. Still coughing she flicked one on, shining it on her Connor. Dust swiveled in the beam of light, cascading over Connor's face. She kept it angled so that it didn't blind him.

"Connor?" She put a hand on his shoulder, trying to get him to look at her. "Connor, are you okay?" Solphi coughed again, trying to find some clean air in the small space they were trapped in. She flashed the light around looking to see how much trouble they were in. Whether Connor was okay or not, if they couldn't get out of here they were in serious trouble.

Rocks and rubble surrounded them. The small space was - well small. This was not good. In fact, if things looked as tight as they did they would run out of air. Solphi's heart trapped. Paimon had them trapped, and the only thing she could think about was how stupid she was coming in like this, and how Willow was going to suffer because of it.

Finished!

--------------------
user posted image
*Credit to Ang!!*
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2630 seconds | Archive