home Members Active Topics Calendar Advertising
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

WE ARE MOVING! CLICK THE BANNER FOR REDIRECT!
JOIN US AT THE NEW SWAN SONG

Hello and welcome to Swan Song! We are an advanced Supernatural roleplay set in season five. We have an awesome member base, a friendly staff, and are always eager to greet guests and new members.

This community is rated R, as such all members must be eighteen and over to join. Please read over the plot and the rules before joining.

QUICK LOG IN

Important Links!

PLOT
RULES
F.A.Q.'S
CANONS
FACECLAIMS
SPECIES
APPLICATION

EMAIL: SPNTrifecta@gmail.com

SISTER SITES
No Rest For The Wicked Hang Em High

Tumblr

No longer here

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Denver - The Monster I've Become ((Saff))
DARIAN RANIARI
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 07:46 PM

Has A Thing For Faeries
Group Icon

Group: Vampires
Member No.: 55

user posted image
Don't waste your touch, you won't feel anything
Or were you sent to save me?
I've fought too much, you won't find anything
Worthy of redeeming...

Everything was coming together perfectly.

The jet had just set down on the runway at the Denver International Airport, in the midst of a particularly nasty blizzard. Darian wasn't worried, though, as his pilot was one of the best that money could buy; of course, if the plane crashed in the storm, there was a good chance that the vampire would come out of it just fine anyway, so really, there was no need for him to be concerned. Now that his business further west had been taken care of, all Darian wanted to do was get back to the hotel...

And to Sapphire, of course.

The two of them had been seeing quite a lot of each other in the several months since they'd first met in Boston. The beautiful faerie's presence in Darian's life had stirred something in the vampire that he'd thought long dead, and just having her around seemed to ease the madness that constantly threatened to rise up and overwhelm him. In short, there was something about Sapphire that made Darian feel more... human.

Of course, she had no idea about what exactly his "business" here in the west really was. It wasn't the usual meetings, conferences, and interviews that typically filled Darian's time... No, this was something much more personal to him: the breaking down and eventual destruction of his brother Sastre.

For months Darian had been making himself known to the hunter, though always it was a fleeting glance in a crowd, or a distant look, or some other vague and disconcerting way to appear before his brother. Never, not once, had the vampire stayed long enough to speak with him; rather, he wanted Sastre to think of him as a ghost, or a hallucination. Nothing more. Not yet.

And there were the shapeshifters that he'd paid--and paid quite well--to take on his form and torment Sastre further. They were hired and paid to actually engage the hunter, fighting and taunting him using specific lines and secrets fed to them by Darian. By now Sastre knew what they were, and had even killed a couple of them, but it didn't change the fact that they were slowly, successfully wearing him down. Each time he fought and killed one, he was fighting and killing his older brother...

It was simply perfect, and soon, Darian would truly make his move.

After exiting the jet and slipping into the waiting limousine, Darian eventually found himself at the hotel, an enormous, sprawling, lavish place that he often stayed at when he was in the area. They knew him here by his alias--"Adrien Tepes"--and his reputation for being free with his money had earned him their best service over the years. As doormen, bellhops, and clerks all tripped over themselves to greet him and compliment him, Darian simply swept past them all and slipped soundlessly into the elevator, riding it to the top floor, where he and Sapphire were sharing the hotel's most luxurious suite.

Reaching the room, he swiped his key card and walked in, closing his eyes and inhaling the scent that permeated the entire suite. It was Sapphire's unique, inhuman scent that Darian found the most intriguing about her. It was intoxicating, and calming, and nearly all-consuming. At the best of times, it kept him grounded and relaxed; at the worst, it drove him nearly senseless with the desire to taste her blood...

"Sapphire?" he called out softly, closing the door behind him. "I'm back."

--------------------
user posted image
Huge thanks to Sully for the sig!
SAPPHIRE BROOKS
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 06:39 PM

Flitters Without Wings
Group Icon

Group: Unique
Member No.: 43

Sapphire had been having an incredibly lazy day, the hotel suite in which she was currently situated provided comfort and relaxation, so much so that it made her want to do nothing more than remain in the bath tub, surrounded by bubbles.

It was strange, she thought, that after such little time, she and Darian were spending so much time in each other's company, practically living together.

Sapphire looked around the bathroom as the water began to cool, a small smile on her face as she took in the luxuriousness of it all. If Darian wanted something, he wanted the best and this room was definitely the best.

Chuckling quietly to herself, she stood up and quickly wrapped herself in a towel and climbed out of the tub, where she then proceeded towards the bedroom. Every time she walked into the room, her breath was taken away by the beauty of it. It was beautifully furnished, a large bed sat in the centre of the room surrounded by plush carpets. The sides decorated with extravagant lamps and decorative vases or pictures.

Sapphire drifted across the room in a sleepy, relaxed haze and slipped on a nightgown before slipping into a robe. Her hand automatically went to the radio provided and flicked it on to fill the silence. It was often quiet and although Sapphire had spent a long period of time by herself, she now felt lonely. She had grown accustomed to Darian's presence that now the experience of being alone, saddened her, yet she could never blame Darian for leaving her. After all, he had many businesses to run, employees to talk to.

Just the thought of him working made her smile, especially when she pictured him in his customary black or grey suit.

Turning the volume down to a quiet volume, she slowly made her way out of the bedroom and entered the main room where she lay on the sofa, closed her eyes and breathed deeply. She took in the scent of the room, a hint of Darian still lingering and sending her slowly into a relaxed sleep with the help of the quiet strains of slow jazz floating from the bedroom.

Her slumber lasted quite a while, only waking when she heard the door to the suite open. Her eyes fluttered but she remained still until she heard his voice.

"Sapphire?" The door closed and slowly sat up to see him. "I'm back."

"I can see that." A small, sleepy smile spread across her face as she brought a hand up to her rumpled hair. Sapphire sat up a little more and shifted so she could rest her chin on the arm that lay across the back of the sofa. "How was your meeting? I hope there wasn't any trouble."

She blinked owlishly at him and took in his presence, taking note of how he looked, glad that he was back.

tagged; Darian words; 475. Wearing;this
template made by stephanie of atf

--------------------
user posted image
Set done by the amazing Ang
DARIAN RANIARI
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 04:50 PM

Has A Thing For Faeries
Group Icon

user posted image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DON'T WASTE YOUR TOUCH, YOU WON'T FEEL ANYTHING
OR WERE YOU SENT TO SAVE ME?
I'VE FOUGHT TOO MUCH, YOU WON'T FIND ANYTHING
WORTHY OF REDEEMING

Darian stood silently just inside the door, all of the day's stress seeming to melt away from Sapphire's presence.

It never ceased to amaze him how having her here, so close, could make him feel more at ease. It was like no matter what as happening, Sapphire was able to calm his mind like no other. When he was with her, he seemed to see things more clearly, he was calmer, and there were even times when it seemed like his grand scheme to destroy his brother was--

No. No, I can't let anything dissuade me from this...

Letting his expression relax again, he made his way over to her, kneeling beside the sofa and taking her hand. Raising it to his lips, he kissed her fingers lightly, eyes closing as he took in her intoxicating scent. That when coupled with her calming presence, and the soft warmth of her skin against his lips, all conspired to lull Darian into a sense of normalcy and safety that he never thought he'd experience after his family was destroyed and his life tossed to the wind.

"I missed you, you know. Just being away from you... It's terrible." He smiled and sat back on his heels, eyes shining with mischief. "Board meetings and listening to people whine about all of their insignificant troubles is far too draining, and all I could think about was getting back here to you."

Kissing her hand again, he stood and stretched.

"I am going to change into something a bit more comfortable, I think. It seems like its been an eternity since I wore anything other than a business suit."

Leaning in, Darian kissed her forehead lightly before soundlessly slipping into the adjoining bedroom to change. Moments later he reemerged in a pair of soft silk pants and a matching shirt, his bare feet soaking in the warmth from the plush carpet. As he made his way toward Sapphire, he suddenly stopped, frowning. Tilting his head back, he took a tentative sniff of the air...

"Someone is--"

That was all he got out before the door of the suite suddenly exploded inward in a blast of fire and debris. Darian barely had a chance to leap forward and cover Sapphire with his own body, shielding her from the shrapnel and splinters of wood and plaster that embedded themselves into his back and side.

His senses disrupted from the smell of smoke and fire, and the concussion of the explosion, Darian didn't hear or smell the approach of the hunter who slipped into the room, armed to the teeth and looking around for his quarry.

"Adrien Tepes!" the middle-aged, exhausted looking man shouted, trying to see through the haze of smoke. "Come out and face me!"

TAGGED: Sapphire
NOTES: None
LYRICS: AFI - "The Leaving Song, Pt. II"
CREDITS: Thanks to BUNNYA! at Caution 2.0

--------------------
user posted image
SAPPHIRE BROOKS
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 10:13 AM

Flitters Without Wings
Group Icon

The smile never left her face as she watched Darian approach to kneel in front of her and kiss her hand.

"I missed you, you know. Just being away from you... It's terrible."

Sapphire tilted her head and continued to watch him, unsure of the what he had planned and a bit wary of the mischief in his eyes.

"Board meetings and listening to people whine about all of their insignificant troubles is fat too draining, and all I could think about was getting back here to you."

The blonde chuckled at him, the thumb of the hand he was holding, stroking the back of his hand, "Their problems may be insignificant to you, but to them, they mean a lot, so be nice.". She leaned forward to kiss his cheek, lingering there slightly as she took in his scent, "However, I'm glad that you are back. I've missed you and I believe that it is my turn to have you, not your business." Her eyes sparkled as she pulled back slightly and let her gaze wander over him.

"I'm going to change into something a bit more comfortable, I think. It seems like it’s been an eternity since I wore anything other than a business suit."

As he stood and moved towards the bedroom, her gaze never left him, a smile playing on her lips, "You do look incredibly attractive in them, though."

Even when he had disappeared through the door, Sapphire continued to watch the space, shifting so that she could get a better view and so her back wouldn't hurt.

It seemed like forever since she'd seen Darian and she was looking forward to spending some time with him.

When he re-entered the room, her breath caught in her throat. He was so incredibly handsome and each move he made seemed to be effortless and, she noticed, he looked just as good in sleepwear as he did in formal attire.

Sapphire literally had no idea what happened. All she knew was that Darian was speaking but the next thing she knew was a loud explosion and Darian being on top of her.

Her head was throbbing , ears were ringing and small, sharp stinging sensations, littered the skin on her arm that was nearest to the door.

The faerie was dazed and confused, unable to move because Darian was still on top of her.

”Adrien Tepes!”

At the voice and the name called, Sapphire frowned and panic set in; Who was he? Why was he here? What could he possibly want?

”Come out and face me!”

With some effort, Sapphire managed to slowly turn her head so that she was able to look at Darian, her eyes filled with tears, confusion and fear. However, she remained quiet and still, not wanting to draw attention to them.

tagged; Darian words; 448. Wearing;this

--------------------
user posted image
DARIAN RANIARI
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 06:00 PM

Has A Thing For Faeries
Group Icon

user posted image

WORTHY OF REDEEMING

A hunter...

Darian's entire body shuddered with rage. How dare this scum come here and do this?! How dare he put not only Darian's life in danger, but Sapphire's as well? A little more explosive in the bomb used to blow the door in and she could have been killed...

That thought caused Darian's vision to go red as the familiar madness instantly took over. There was no one else in the room to him other than the hunter, who had been reduced from human status to little more than Darian's next meal.

The vampire pushed himself up off of Sapphire and stalked across the smoky room toward the man. He could have been any of a hundred hunters that Darian had killed over the years: middle-aged, unshaven, and looking incredibly tired and world-weary; despite all that though, he had that edge to his eyes that Darian knew all too well: it was that same edge that his own eyes used to have so long ago...

Gunshots rang out next, and Darian hardly felt the hollow-points--filled with a small amount of dead man's blood--bury themselves into his torso and shoulder. Four shots were fired, and three hit him dead on, depositing their small amounts of poison into his system. Luckily for Darian, the amount of dead man's blood that could be held in a hollow point was fairly minuscule, and it would take a lot more than three shots to do more than make him a little wobbly on his feet.

And, of course, his madness did more than a little to help him ignore the pain and other negative effects from the poison blood.

Suddenly Darian was upon the man, who took a sloppy, arching swing with an old machete. The vampire normally would have easily avoided such a juvenile attack, but the poison was starting to effect him, and even though the blade missed his neck, it still sunk deeply into his shoulder, causing him to hiss in pain. His hand shot out and grabbed the man by the neck, fingers digging into his tender flesh.

"You... bastard!" the hunter managed to croak as he struggled against Darian's iron grip. "Even if you k... kill me, others will come! You've been leaving too many bodies behind you for us to ignore, Tepes!"

"Then they will meet the same fate," Darian snarled at him in response, clenching his fingers a bit and hearing the rewarding sound of crunching cartilage and bone. "There is nothing any of you can do against me. I am better than you. Stronger than you. If I have to kill every hunter standing between me and my goal, then so be it."

With his blood-lust pounding in his ears and his body weakening from the dead man's blood, Darian gave in to his hunger. Opening his mouth wide, the vampire's fangs descended, and he sunk them into the man's neck savagely, groaning in satisfaction as the hunter's hot blood flooded into his mouth. Gulp after gulp after gulp, Darian pulled as much blood from the dying man as he could. The relief to his injuries and his thirst was instantaneous, and he didn't finally drop the bloodless husk of the hunter until there was nothing left to drink.

Body coursing with new-found strength and injuries mending themselves, it was only then that Darian caught a strangely familiar scent in the air. Whatever it was, it completely overpowered the acrid stench of the explosion, and the nauseating smell of the hunter's dead man's blood ammunition.

Sapphire... he realized. Suddenly, some small part of himself felt guilty and monstrous in her presence, and he turned slowly to face her even as blood still trickled down his chin.

--------------------
user posted image
SAPPHIRE BROOKS
Posted: May 1 2012, 11:22 AM

Flitters Without Wings
Group Icon

Within moments of covering her, Darian was up again, stalking towards who she assumed was the man who called out.

Sapphire sat up quickly and instantly regretted it as she saw spots and felt as if she would fall over, even though she was already sitting. She supposed it was due to the explosion and the rapid speed to which Darian pushed her back to protect her.

Before she'd even had chance to get her bearings, gun shots rang out through the room, making her scream and shake with fear, yet despite this, Sapphire jumped to her feet with the overwhelming need to ensure that Darian was okay.

She stood to find Darian unfazed by the bullets, "Darian!"

The faerie had seen the look in his eye and was concerned not only for his and her safety but also for the intruder.

By the time Sapphire rounded the couch, fully intending to prevent Darian from causing harm, it was too late. Her vampire companion had lunged for the intruder and held him around the throat tightly, so much so that it surprised her when the man was able to speak, "You... bastard! Even if you k... kill me, others will come! You've been leaving too many bodies behind you for us to ignore, Tepes!"

"Then they will meet the same fate. There is nothing any of you can do against me. I am better than you. Stronger than you. If I have to kill every hunter standing between me and my goal, then so be it."

Throughout their exchange, Sapphire had managed to get a little closer and continued to call out to Darian in a pleading voice, not wanting him to lose control of himself. She understood that they were both threatened but violence doesn't solve violence, "Darian, please! Stop this!"

No matter how many times she called out, he seemed to not be able to hear her and she knew she couldn't move him physically because he was too strong for her and she would more than likely end up hurt herself.

That's when it happened. She'd blinked and the next thing she knew was Darian was latched onto the man's neck, drinking his life force.

She screamed and stared wide-eyed before retching, yet nothing came out.

Sapphire couldn't handle seeing Darian like this. He was so fearsome, feral, out of control. The man, not vampire, man she was used to was always so calm and controlled, so doting and caring yet seeing him like this instilled fear within her heart. 'Could he hurt me?'

Deep down, the blonde knew that he would rather face off a thousand hunters at once than hurt her, yet she was still just as scared.

She hadn't realised it but she had back up so she was flat against the wall and as soon as he looked up and made eye contact, with blood dripping from his mouth, she whimpered.

The smell of death hung in the air, the metallic hint of blood permeated her senses and, she'd like to think, made her eyes water.

"Darian," She uttered his name quietly, her tone full of disappointment and sadness but surprisingly lacked the fear that her eyes conveyed as she watched him. "What have you done?"

tagged; Darian words; 532. Wearing;this

--------------------
user posted image
DARIAN RANIARI
Posted: May 13 2012, 03:53 PM

Has A Thing For Faeries
Group Icon

user posted image

WORTHY OF REDEEMING

Darian almost couldn't stand the the look in Sapphire's eyes.

It was the first time since the night they'd met that she'd looked at him that way: fearfully, like she was looking at a monster, rather than a man. In a way, he couldn't blame her. After all, he was a monster, wasn't he? A blood-thirsty monster just pretending to be a man...

It is just as well, he thought to himself, shoving the hurt aside and replacing it with anger. Now she truly knows what I am. And... What I'm capable of.

"What have I done? Obviously, I have saved your life, and my own!" he roared at her, taking a step forward, body shaking. Before he could speak again, his loyal chauffeur and pilot, Hogan, appeared at the door, gun drawn as he looked around cautiously. "Take care of this... mess," Darian told the man, gesturing toward the body. "And see to it that the hotel staff is well paid to tactfully ignore this situation."

Once Hogan and the body were gone, Darian turned his attention back to Sapphire, body still trembling.

"Do you see what I am now?" Darian asked, softer than he'd spoken before, but with a voice still laced with anger. "If is unsafe for you to be around me, Sapphire. I am a monster, a killer... Out of ocntrol..."

Even as Darian spoke, though, he felt all of the rage draining out of him, replaced by something else. He couldn't place it at first, really, as it'd been so long since he'd felt it: regret... and shame... These emotions hit him from out of nowhere, and he found he could scarcely speak, let alone continue to rail against Sapphire like the monster he'd convinced himself he was.

"I... I'm just tired," he finally said after what felt to him like an eternity of silence. Dropping himself heavily onto the couch, Darian absently wiped the blood from his chin with the back of his hand, then sat silently, hanging his head and rubbing his face wearily. "So tired..."

--------------------
user posted image
SAPPHIRE BROOKS
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 12:10 PM

Flitters Without Wings
Group Icon

Her heart rate had sped up as her fear of the situation increased. Darian had become increasingly intimidating and as he stood tall and menacing, Sapphire, for the first time, felt trapped.

"What have I done? Obviously, I have saved your life, and my own!"

The way he shouted at her and took a step forward had her shaking, eyes wide and incredibly sharp as they never left his form. Darian had always had a demanding presence but when he was angry, it was completely overwhelming.

However, before she even had chance to respond, another man appeared at the door. She only glanced but from what she saw, she believed it was a man called Hogan. Sapphire had only seen him a couple of times but Darian held him in high regards.

"Take care of this... mess and see to it that the hotel staff is well paid to tactfully ignore this situation."

Within a matter of minutes Hogan, with the body of the hunter, had departed, leaving her and Darian alone. She was not entirely sure what to make of this fact, her mind was still processing what happened, not only between Darian and the hunter but between herself and Darian.

This was the first time that she felt genuinely scared to be around somebody that she cared deeply for, somebody that she wanted to protect. It was the first time that she realised that perhaps she was the one that ought to be protected.

Sapphire was not so naive as to not expect heated outbursts from a vampire but she had definitely underestimated them.

His shouting had taken her completely off guard and for the first time, she'd seen how angry he could get, perhaps not to the fullest extent but it still terrified her.

"I... I'm just tired. So tired..."

She herself had stopped shaking and immediately grew concerned, slowly approaching him so as to not startle him, "Darian, you are not a monster. I understand now that you were threatened but you did not have to... kill him."

She slowly knelt in front of him, her hands gently resting on his knees and continued to watch him. "Control takes time to master." Her voice softens as she hesitantly takes a hand to run through his hair, "You say you are tired so why do you not just... stop?"

Sapphire remained in her position before him, silently giving him her comfort as she thought about how she only managed to experience a wide range of emotions, in a short amount of time, around Darian, "Just stop."

tagged; Darian words; 439. Wearing;this

--------------------
user posted image
DARIAN RANIARI
Posted: Jun 6 2012, 03:30 PM

Has A Thing For Faeries
Group Icon

user posted image

WORTHY OF REDEEMING

The shame that Darian felt was altogether alien for him.

Never before had he cared what someone thought about him. After all, he was better than everyone else, or so he'd always told himself. Stronger. Smarter. Richer. He was in the position of authority, which meant that he never had to worry about what those below him thought, so long as they did as instructed and left him alone.

Now, though, he found himself wanting Sapphire's approval, and fearing what she would think of him now. For the first time in years, he was ashamed of what he was, and he didn't particularly like the feeling. It made him feel... dirty. He felt his stomach twisting a bit in disgust at himself.

When Sapphire knelt down in front of him, he tensed up at first, but as always, her soft touch seemed to lull him into a state of relaxed calm. It never ceased to amaze him the way she could do that. It was just one of her many, many qualities that he found so utterly attractive. With the bloodlust now gone from his system, and Sapphire's presence to anchor him to reality, Darian allowed himself to fully relax.

"I can't stop," he told her, his voice soft and subdued. "There are things going on that you do not know about, or understand. I have plans in action that need my constant supervision. But soon... When this business is accomplished and my enemy broken and destroyed... Perhaps then I can rest, finally."

The thought of finally enacting his vengeance on Sastre helped renew Darian's energy and resolve. The hunter who had once been his brother, who had abandoned him to five years of utter darkness, madness, and starvation, would soon pay for everything he'd done. And, once Sastre was annihilated, Darian could finally move on, and finally plan for his future. A future that included Sapphire, he hoped.

"Once Sastre is dead... Then it will be over..." he muttered softly, more to himself than to Sapphire, eyes distant and tinged with just a hint of madness.

--------------------
user posted image
SAPPHIRE BROOKS
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 08:19 AM

Flitters Without Wings
Group Icon

Sapphire felt him relax and was able to relax completely herself, knowing that she didn't have to remain alert for any sudden anger from Darian. She knew that once he was relaxed, he would more than likely stay that way, especially when she was near.

The faerie continued to watch him from her position on the floor, her thumbs stroking small circles on the inside of his knees, "Of course you can stop. I may not know exactly what is going on but I know that you are strong enough to stop."

She fell silent for a moment, thinking more of what he said about destroying his enemy and frowned, "Darian, you are more than that. You do not need to break or destroy anyone, even if they are your 'enemy'.

Sapphire only wanted him to be happy but she certainly didn't want him to be happy through the destruction of others. She knew he was better than that, that he would be able to take a different path if only he just realised that destruction was not the answer, no matter how much somebody hurt or wronged you.

"Once Sastre is dead... Then it will be over..."

The statement shocked her. It was said so sincerely that she had no doubt that he would follow through with his plan and not stop until Sastre was indeed, dead.

She sat up on her knees and tilted his face towards her to enable him to look at her. What she saw, held in his eyes, made her experience an array of emotions, in particular sadness, fear and disappointment, "Look at me. You cannot do this, not to Sastre and not to yourself! You're worth so much more than that, so much more. "

It was the first time that she sounded stern and completely sure of herself. It was one of the first times that she stood up for what she truly believed in and she wanted him to see that. To see how much she cared for him and make sure he knows that he’s no longer alone.

Sapphire wanted to stay with Darian and have a future with him but If he carried on walking down this path of destruction and darkness, she wasn’t sure if she could stay with him, "If you do then—I don’t want to ruin what we have." Her eyes closed as she let out a sigh, her voice dropping in volume as the thought that she could possibly lose him to the darkness hit her, "I don't want you to do this. Please don't. Please?"

tagged; Darian words; 427. Wearing;this

--------------------
user posted image
DARIAN RANIARI
Posted: Jul 29 2012, 03:51 PM

Has A Thing For Faeries
Group Icon

user posted image

WORTHY OF REDEEMING

The serious, stern tone of Sapphire's voice found its way through Darian's madness.

He remained silent as she spoke, simply watching her, studying her, and wondering how it was she always managed to calm his rages and draw him back to calm reality. There was something about being close to her that made him feel more human than he had in years, made him feel like maybe--just maybe--he could be something more than he was...

But how could he just give up on this quest for revenge? For so long, it had been the only thing that had kept him going, especially during all of his long years alone in the darkness. But now, he found his determination wavering a little, and all because of Sapphire's words, her presence, her love. Could she be right? Was there really still time for him to change, or was it too late?

Would he lose her, because of his obsession?

At that moment, something shifted inside of him, and he reached down to gently draw her up into his lap, wrapping his arms around her. The vampire buried his face in her hair and breathed in her familiar, intoxicating scent. He didn't even notice how much his body was shaking as he held her, focused as he was on just losing himself in her closeness.

"Alright," he murmured into her hair softly, so quiet he wasn't sure she could even hear him. "I will try to move on from all of this, Sapphire, but... I don't know if I can. But I don't want to lose you, or do anything that would force you away from me... I love you. I need you." He kissed the top of her head softly before speaking again.

"You are all that is good in me."

--------------------
user posted image
SAPPHIRE BROOKS
Posted: Aug 6 2012, 11:53 AM

Flitters Without Wings
Group Icon

As soon as she was scooped up, she wrapped her arms around him and held him close, running her hands through his hair to calm him still.

Sapphire wasn't naive, she had noticed the effect that she seemed to have over him, however she wasn't sure why she had an effect over him. It wasn't as if she was using magic and even if she was, it would not cause him to calm down, instead it would confuse him and that is the last thing she wanted to do.

When he started to talk, he did it so quietly that the faerie had to lean closer into him in order to hear him correctly and once it registered, she couldn't help the tears that gathered in her eyes. The very fact that he was trying and willing to change for her had feeling so much more respect and love for him than she had ever felt before.

Not for one second did Sapphire believe him when he said she was the only 'good thing in him'. He just felt that way. He had been surrounded by darkness for such a long time that she truly believed that he had just forgotten. Forgotten the good things in his life, twisting them to make them his enemies.

It was then that she shifted slightly, putting some space between them, her eyes looking into his as she gently stroked a thumb across his, "That's all I can ask of you. Just trying is such a big step, such a change and I'm proud of you for being willing to try. I love you too and you must know that I will be here to support you every step of the way." A small smile had appeared on her face and she hoped that she was able to convey to him how much it meant to her.

Sapphire leaned forward and gently pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth and sat back, surveying the room, worrying her lower lip at the mess, still not noticing or caring about the cuts on her arm from the debris, "Perhaps we should start clearing up the mess in here?" She eyes the door then and frowns, "I do not know how we will fix that right away."

tagged; Darian words; 378. Wearing;this

--------------------
user posted image
DARIAN RANIARI
Posted: Aug 7 2012, 11:58 AM

Has A Thing For Faeries
Group Icon

user posted image

WORTHY OF REDEEMING

For the first time in years, Darian was beginning to feel at least a little bit like his old self again.

And it was all because of her. Because of Sapphire, and what she'd come to mean to him. He had no doubt at this point in time that he'd bonded to her, that she had become his one mate for life, even if he hadn't admitted such a thing to the beautiful faerie. Darian had been with dozens of women since escaping his hellish prison, but none of them had made him feel this way, and none of them had had such a calming effect on him either. Plus, there was the fact that he usually ended up killing them when he lost interest, yet the thought of doing such a thing to Sapphire made him feel sick inside.

No, she was undoubtedly the one, he just didn't know how to tell her that.

"How did I ever get so lucky, to find someone as understanding and perfect as you?" he asked quietly, closing his eyes at her soft kiss and letting out a long, shaky sigh. Gathering her close again, he reveled in the feeling of her closeness, never wanting to lose her, and vowing to never do anything that would push her away.

"Hogan is already making arrangements for us to get a new suite," Darian told her, rubbing her back lightly. "Once it is done, we'll move there, and he'll gather our things and bring them to us."

As if his words were a summons, Darian could hear his long-time companion and chauffeur coming down the hallway. When the older man slipped quietly into the room, Darian looked over and gave him a nod. Standing carefully with Sapphire in his arms, the vampire moved past Hogan, retrieving a room key from him before carrying the faerie out of the room and down the hall, toward their new suite. Upon arriving, he carried her into the bedroom and gently laid her down, leaning in for a tender kiss.

"I'm sorry I ruined our evening, Sapphire. I pray you can forgive me."

--------------------
user posted image
SAPPHIRE BROOKS
Posted: Aug 12 2012, 01:53 PM

Flitters Without Wings
Group Icon

She chuckled at him when he next spoke, not understanding why he thought it was luck that brought them together and for thinking that she was perfect, "I am far from perfect and I do not believe you found me through luck, my love." Sapphire continued to smile and run her hand through his hair, keeping him calm and in turn, calming herself.

She blinked at him and looked him in the eye then, worry in her eyes, " A new suite? Would that not be too much trouble for them? I do not want to be a bother. I would like to come back again some time." Her worries were not needed though because as she looked up, Hogan walked in, quietly, efficiently and she couldn't help but envy the man slightly. Sapphire tended to be clumsy when she tried to be graceful and efficient but she supposed that was because she tried too hard and overcompensated.

Before she could question Hogan about the rooms and if it was too much trouble, Darian swept her up and took them out of the room, towards their new suite, however just before they were out of sight and hearing of Hogan, Sapphire smiled at him over Darian's shoulder, "Thank you Hogan."

Their new suite was just as glamorous and elegant as the one that they had just left. The carpets were plush, the fire was roaring and the furniture was exquisite. She didn't get to see much of the other rooms as Darian had taken her straight to the bedroom and set her down on the bed.

Sapphire gazed up at him, smiling as she reached out a hand to cup his cheek, her thumb gently tracing his lips and ended up guiding him to her as he leaned down for a kiss.

As tender as it was, she couldn't help but sink into it and wish that it lasted forever. She felt like this every time he kissed her and she knew it was because she loved him. She loved him so much that all she wanted to do was protect him and keep him to herself, even though it would be selfish of her to do so.

As he pulled back to speak to her, her mind was elsewhere, her eyes slightly unfocussed because of the overwhelming amount of emotion she was experiencing that it took her a while to speak, "You're so silly, Darian. Yes, the evening may have started off ruined but it will get better." She leaned up and kissed his nose, "You're always forgiven, always."

tagged; Darian words; 428. Wearing;this

--------------------
user posted image
DARIAN RANIARI
Posted: Aug 13 2012, 01:23 PM

Has A Thing For Faeries
Group Icon

user posted image

WORTHY OF REDEEMING

Darian lay in bed with his arms around Sapphire, listening to her heartbeat as she slept.

Sleep, he'd found, wasn't going to come easy for him tonight, but that was fine. This wouldn't be the first time he'd simply held Sapphire as she slept, for he was, after all, accustomed to sleeping during the day and hunting at night, for the most part. And having her in his arms like this, her heartbeat music to his ears, her scent filling his nose with every breath? Well, he figured this was as close to Heaven as he was ever likely to get.

Their conversation from earlier was still playing through his mind, and though some bestial, savage part of him still wanted to find Sastre and tear him to ribbons, it seemed the greater part of his mind and heart were ready to move on. He'd spent so much time on hate, that perhaps now it was time to try something else...

Giving his beloved a soft kiss on her forehead, Darian closed his eyes relaxed. It was time to look ahead rather than behind... It was time to to turn his life around, and love rather than be consumed by the mad hatred that had dictated his every moment for the past several years.

In short, it was finally time for him to live again.

((Finished.))

--------------------
user posted image
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3057 seconds | Archive