This skin was posted at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Supernaturalville. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Gold, Black Beard's ghost

So, how scary was it?
Parley! Parley! I can't take anymore! [ 2 ]  [100.00%]
Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life is not for me [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Cast yer timbers, not scary mate [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:31 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

user posted image

FORMATTED TELEPLAY:

Gold

Hosted By: SimplyScripts
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:32 AM

Advanced Member

EXT. OCRACOKE SEAS- RAGING WATER

NOVEMBER 22ND, 1718

A pirate ship sails through the water. We fly in towards it.

EXT. PIRATE SHIP

Pirates dance around the ship drinking ale from barrels. Gold is tossed up in the air. Standing at the front of the ship looking out over the raging water is a tall, strong pirate with a long black beard. His name is Edward Teach, but he was most known as BLACK BEARD one of the most dangerous pirates on the seven seas! Another ship, carrying a British flag, flows towards them. Black Beard takes out a binocular and looks, he frowns. Black Beard looks back towards his fellow pirates and raises his sword up in the air.

BLACK BEARD
To war!!!

Black Beard points the sword towards the Virginian ship. Pirates scramble along the
ship readying for battle.

BLACK BEARD
Load the canons!!!

The pirate ship splashes through the waves as it draws closer towards the Virginian ship.

EXT. VIRGINIAN SHIP

A handsome British lieutenant looks towards the oncoming Pirate ship. His name is MAYNARD. He looks out over his crew

MAYNARD
You know what to do men. Ready your cannons!!!

EXT. OCRACOKE SEAS

The two ships sail towards each other. BOOM! Canons launch from both of the ships. We fly through the ship battle as cannon after cannon is launched.

EXT. PIRATE SHIP

Black Beard points his sword towards the Virginia ship

BLACK BEARD
Fire cannons!

More cannons are fired and RAM into the Virginia Ship. Sending it soaring back.

EXT. VIRGINIA SHIP

Maynard holds onto a rope as the ship rockets back.

MAYNARD
Hold on!!!!

Maynard walks over towards the ship’s main sailor

MAYNARD
What’s the situation?

The sailor points towards a Sandbar

SAILOR
The ships sinking sir- we’re going to try to land.

Maynard nods ok

EXT. PIRATE SHIP

Black Beard grins looking over his crew

BLACK BEARD
Do not let them escape. We shall set an example. No one is to go up against Black Beard and live!!!!!

The pirates cheer him on

EXT. OCRACOKE SEAS

The Virginia ship crash lands on the sand bar stranded. The pirate ship soars towards it.

EXT. VIRGINIA SHIP

Maynard looks over his crew

MAYNARD
They are heading this way. Get onto their ship.

EXT. PIRATE SHIP

Maynard’s crew swing from the ropes and land onto the pirate ship. A massive fight begins. Fierce hand to hand combat. Maynard lands on the ship, Black Beard spots him.

BLACK BEARD
You can’t kill me.

MAYNARD
We’ll have to see about that

Maynard and Black Beard charge towards each other and a suspenseful sword fight breaks out. Black Beard KICKS Maynard back and swings his sword. Maynard blocks it.

MAYNARD
I won’t give up to a pirate that easily

Black Beard strikes at Maynard fierce and fast. Black Beard gains the upper hand in the battle. A YOUNG SAILOR looks back towards Maynard. Black Beard STRIKES at Maynard and Maynard’s sword SHATTERS in half! Black Beard laughs

BLACK BEARD
Give up!

Black Beard goes in for the killing blow. The Young Sailor rushes towards an unknowing Black Beard.

YOUNG SAILOR
No!!!!!

The Young Sailor swings his sword with all his might. Black Beard looks back towards the young sailor, surprised. Black Beard drops his sword and his head falls off of his body! Maynard looks towards the young sailor nodding in approval. Maynard bends over and picks Black Beard’s head up and hoists in into the air. The pirates surrender. Maynard looks towards his crew…

MAYNARD
Kill them. We shall make an example of them. No pirate will ever get away.

The young sailor looks towards Maynard taken aback. Maynard grins

MAYNARD
They’re pirates

Maynard tosses it to Sailor

MAYNARD
Hang it from the bow spirit

SAILOR
Aye, aye sir

The sailor hangs Black Beard’s head on the bow spirit. Maynard looks towards the Young Sailor.

MAYNARD
Throw his body overboard.

The Young Sailor picks up Black Beard’s body…

INT. PIRATE SHIP- CELLS

The crew lead the pirates into the cells and lock the doors.

CREW MEMBER 1
So long boys.

The crew fire off their guns one by one… the pirates are shot down unarmed, dead.

EXT. PIRATE SHIP

The Young Sailor tosses Black Beards headless body off of the ship. Black Beard hits the raging water below.

BLACK BEARD (O.S.)
Come on…

Maynard and the crew look up towards Black Beard’s decapitated head.

BLACK BEARD
Edward!!!

Black Beard laughs. Young sailor looks down towards the raging water and sees Black Beards body swimming alongside the ship…

YOUNG SAILOR
Sir!! You better come take a look at this!

Maynard rushes over and looks over the ship.

MAYNARD
What in the name of God…

EXT. OCRACOKE SEAS

Black Beard swims around the pirate ship three times before it sinks into the depths of the lifeless ocean.

EXT. PIRATE SHIP

Young Sailor looks towards Maynard

YOUNG SAILOR
What happened sir?

Maynard looks over his crew

MAYNARD
Just our imagination boys… just our imagination
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:33 AM

Advanced Member

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY- HARBOR- FOGGY AFTERNOON

Chesapeake Bay, Virginia…
Current day…

A fog bank sweeps across the harbor. An old, fat fisherman wearing a checkered shirt and overalls walks towards the docks holding his faithful dog by a lease. His name is CARL. Carl looks out over the water.

MAN (O.S.)
Getting pretty foggy out there ain’t it Carl?

Carl looks towards a middle aged man with a dirty brown beard fixing his boat. His name is LUIS.

CARL
How long is it supposed to be like this?

LUIS
Oh I don’t know, I reckon three to five hours tops.

Carl nods his head in disappointment.

CARL
By then it will be night

LUIS
Always can try back tomorrow

Carl nods… we see a pirate ship coming out of the fog. The dog begins to cower back, barking and whimpering.

CARL
What the hell…

Luis looks towards Carl

LUIS
What is it?

Carl looks towards Luis

CARL
A pirate ship

Luis laughs

LUIS
Your hallucinating old man

Carl looks backs towards the water. But, the pirate ship had disappeared.

CARL
I swear… it was there a second ago.

JUMP CUT:
EXT. ROAD- SUNNY AFTERNOON

A Chevy Impala barrels through the empty road.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Sam flips through a tabloid newspaper.

SAM
You sure about this?

Dean shrugs

DEAN
Hey you never know. Some of these people aren’t actually half as crazy as they sound.

Sam looks towards an article, skeptical

SAM
Here’s one

Dean looks over towards him

DEAN
What’s it say?

SAM
Some local fisherman over by Chesapeake Bay claims to have seen a pirate ship coming out of the fog

Dean nods

DEAN
That’s Black Beard’s Point

Dean spins the wheel.

EXT. ROAD
The Chevy Impala spins a 180 and drives off in the opposite direction

INT. CHEVY IMPALA
Sam looks towards Dean

SAM
What are you doing?

Dean grins

DEAN
Going to go look for some treasure Sammy… arr!

Sam raises his eyebrow

SAM
You’re serious about this

Dean shrugs

DEAN
I don’t see you coming up with any better ideas college boy. I say we go and check it out.

SAM
Dean… it’s just some local superstition.

Dean ignores Sam

DEAN
Yo ho, yo ho… a pirate’s life for me.

EXT. ROAD (PIRATE SONG BY RUNNING WILD)
The Chevy Impala speeds past a sign reading WELCOME TO BLACK BEARD’S POINT- CHESAPEAKE BAY.

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY- DOCKS

We open up to a close up of the water. A CRANE reaches in and PULLS out a sea wrecked car. We pull out to see a group of people swarming around the docks trying to get a closer look. The crane places the car onto the docks and medical workers rush towards it. JOHN MAYNARD, 19 years old, a college student at Chesapeake College walks towards the car. The medical workers ply open the door of the car and water surges out! Inside is the rotting corpse of an unknown driver. John takes out his camera and begins to take pictures. One of the medical workers, SUSAN LANE (beautiful, 21 years old) walks towards him.

SUSAN
I’m going to have to ask you to put that camera away, respect the dead for once John

John grins

JOHN
You know me Suzie, I’m a hunter. So, what happened?

SUSAN
From the looks of it, the driver just drove right off the docks and into the water

John raises his eyebrow

JOHN
So it’s a suicide?

Susan nods, pushing her hair away from her forehead

JOHN
Then- can you explain…

John looks back and points to well defined skid marks on the road.

JOHN
Those skid marks? I don’t think a suicide would try to avoid hitting the water do you?

SUSAN
You have a better idea?

John grins, beaming radiantly

JOHN
As a matter of fact I do.

SUSAN
Not this again

JOHN
Come on, you’ve lived here longer than I have. It’s Black Beard’s ghost- back from the grave

SUSAN
There’s no such things as ghosts John

JOHN
Oh, yeah?

John hands Susan the same tabloid paper

JOHN
A pirate ship was spotted coming out of the fog just the other night

SUSAN
You expect me to take a tabloid seriously?

John shrugs

JOHN
You have to admit doc, there’s something strange happening here.

Susan looks towards him skeptical

SUSAN
There’s nothing strange about it.

Susan looks over towards the corpse being loaded into an ambulance. A MEDICAL WORKER approaches them.

MEDICAL WORKER
Hey doc, we found this attached to the victim. Make anything of it?

The medical worker holds out a shiny gold amulet necklace. John looks towards Susan grinning.

SUSAN
Give it to the guys over at forensics

The medical worker nods and walks back over towards the ambulance. Susan turns around to see John looking towards her, grinning and nodding his head.

JOHN
I’m sure it’s all just my imagination.

Susan shakes her head no

SUSAN
Grow up

Susan walks over towards the ambulance.

JOHN
I’ll grow up when you wake up!!! You gotta admit, there’s something happening here. Ok, alright- I’m going.

John climbs up the wooden steps leading back towards the road. He gets into his car and drives off. Susan walks back over towards the medical worker.

SUSAN
Can I see that?

The medical worker nods and gives her the necklace. Susan opens it, finding a picture of one of the Virginia crew members and his wife.
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:34 AM

Advanced Member

EXT. PIRATE’S COVE MOTEL- NIGHT

The Chevy Impala is parked in a narrow parking lot adjacent to the registration center of the Pirate’s Cove Motel. The lit up sign of the motel has a skeleton on it waving at passing by cars.

INT. PIRATE’S COVE MOTEL- REGISTRATION CENTER

Dean and Sam wait, looking around the small empty room. Dean looks towards Sam raising his eyebrow

DEAN
Is it just me or is there a whole Norman Bates kinda vibe about this place?

Dean notices a shadow of a man moving through the hallways humming.

MAN (O.S.)
Be right with you in a second

Dean looks towards Sam, Sam shrugs. The hotel MANAGER enters the room, an old guy wearing a pirate costume and fake parrot on his shoulder.

MANAGER
So, what can I do for you young man?

DEAN
Room for one…

The manager narrows his eyes, tilts his head and looks towards Sam. Dean clears his throat.

DEAN
Um, two beds.

The manager shakes his head ok and rings them up. Dean hands the manager a credit card

MANAGER
So, where you boys from?

Dean looks towards Sam, then back towards the manager.

SAM
Texas… Austin

MANAGER
Texas eh? That’s a far way away from here. You boys aren’t bank robbers now are you?

Dean grins

DEAN
No sir

Manager shakes his head ok, hands Dean a room key

MANAGER
You believe in ghosts?

Dean and Sam exchange a nervous glance

SAM
Why do you ask?

MANAGER
Just a lot of town superstition. People say that Black Beard is back from the grave. He killed someone just this afternoon you know.

DEAN
Wait… killed someone?

Manager shakes his head yes

MANAGER
Charlie Riverside. Local boy. Driving home for the holidays. It’s a real pity.

DEAN
Do you remember how he died?

Manager looks towards Dean. Shakes his head yes and leans in…

MANAGER
He drowned to death.

JUMP CUT:
INT. PIRATE’S COVE MOTEL- MOTEL ROOM

We open to pitch black. Sam creaks the door open, turns the lights on and walks in. He tosses a bag onto his bed. Dean walks in.

DEAN
It’s not that bad…

We now see the full room. Wooden floor boards. Shattered windows infested with insects and a chipped away ceiling serving as the obvious home to termites. Sam looks towards Dean, “you’ve got to be kidding me.” Dean shrugs

DEAN
I’ve seen worse. What not up to dorm room quality?

Sam laughs, shaking his head no

SAM
I don’t even think it’s up to straw bed quality.

Dean cracks a grin

DEAN
Agh, the life of a pirate.

Dean looks out the window.

DEAN
We have to look into this Charles Riverside thing

Sam looks towards Dean and sits down on his bed.

SAM
There’s no such thing. Just wanted to scare us.

Sam turns the TV on. A newscaster stands outside of the Chesapeake Bay Docks.

NEWSCASTER (O.C.)
Earlier today a local boy, Charles Riverside died from a tragic car accident that resulted in his death.

Dean looks towards Sam

DEAN
Just wanted to scare us huh?

Dean sits down and watches the news.

NEWSCASTER (O.C.)
The details at this time are still a little sketchy. But, from what we could gather… it seems that at some point earlier in the day, Charles’s car skid off of the road and ended up at the bottom of the bay. We have this live camera footage- but I have to warn you… it’s not a pleasant sight.

Dean leans forward as the video feed attained by John plays on the television screen. Dean nods, gets up and paces the room.

NEWSCASTER (O.S.)
Some locals believe that this was the work of Black Beard, back from the grave.

Dean stares out the window

NEWSCASTER (O.S.)
Striking fear into the hearts of many.

Sam picks up the remote.

NEWSCASTER (O.C.)
I’m Don Fuller and you’re watching Channel 4 news. Back to you Susan.

Sam turns off the TV and looks towards Dean

SAM
What is it?

Dean looks towards Sam, “I think we’re over our heads”

EXT. SHIP YARD- NIGHT (YOU’LL NEVER CATCH ME BY STEVE HARWELL)

The moon shines down upon the water below, reflecting the moon light. The woods stand off to the side of a ship yard where boat homes float above the water in tranquility. In the far off distance is a small forest island. Music booms out of a boat home next to the woods. A young guy, around 21 years old stands on the edge of the boat home gulping down a can of beer. His name is RYAN DUNES. He crushes the beer can and chugs it into the water. He walks back into his boat house. Fog rises from the depths below. A pirate ship flows into view, near the island.

INT. BOAT HOME

Ryan takes out a cigarette and lights it. Smoke rises into the air. Ryan walks over to his bed and lays down, closing his eyes. The beautiful calmness of the sea. CRASH!!! Ryan quickly opens his eyes and looks towards the entrance. He cautiously stands up and walks over towards the door. He looks out through the door window. Nothing. He opens the door and peeks out.

EXT. SHIP YARD- NIGHT

Ryan looks around.

RYAN
Anybody out here?

Nobody. He takes out another cigarette and lights it. CLOSE UP on oil pouring off the edge of the boat home and into the watery graves below. WHOOSH! A harpoon hook SLASHES Ryan’s throat. Ryan grabs his throat as he gurgles blood, stumbling around. CLOSE UP the cigarette falls to the ground… drip… drip… drip… a fire erupts and engulfs him! CLOSE UP as Ryan is burned to a crisp, his skeletal corpse swaying back and forth before it collapses. We zoom out as the boat home explodes. We see the scene from behind the far off island, as the pirate ship fades back into the fog.
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:35 AM

Advanced Member

EXT. SHIP YARD- MORNING

Cop cars swarm around the docks of the ship yard. The Chevy Impala pulls to a stop beside the yellow caution tape. Sam and Dean step out of the Chevy Impala and walk towards the crime scene. Dean shows a police officer his badge and notices Susan biting her lip staring at them.

DEAN
Hey.

SUSAN
You’re not from around here are you?

Dean looks towards her, curious.

SUSAN
It’s a small town. I know a new face when I see one. You’re not one of those ghost hunters are you?

Dean grins.

DEAN
Me? No… wouldn’t dream of it. In my professional opinion, ghosts don’t even exist… no… I’m just your regular out of town cop. So, what happened here?

SUSAN
From what we could gather, a fire hit the fuse… so to speak.

DEAN
So, it was a bombing?

Susan shrugs.

SUSAN
Or a trap. We found traces of oil spilled along the docks.

DEAN
Any witnesses?

Susan shakes her head no.

SUSAN
None at all. Nobody saw or heard anything.

Dean nods, looking towards Sam-- you taking notes? Sam had other thoughts on his mind.

SAM
What’s out there?

Susan looks back towards Sam, nods and motions towards the island.

SUSAN
Just some “island”. Teenagers often have bonfires over there and in the afternoon children swim out there to play. Why?

Sam looks towards Dean-- we have to check it out.

DEAN
Thank you for your help, Miss…?

SUSAN
Ravencraw, Susan Ravencraw.

Dean nods ok.

DEAN
Good luck with the investigation.

Dean and Sam walk away.

FADE TO:
EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY

We see a wide view of the bay. Calm water. Beautiful scenery. Home to the world’s deadliest pirate.

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY- HARBOR

Sam and Dean walk along the pier following Luis.

LUIS
This way…

Luis leads Sam and Dean towards a speed boat. Dean nods in approval. Carl is working on a sail boat, casually looking up towards them.

LUIS
I need it back by sun set.

Dean nods ok.

DEAN
Shouldn’t be a problem.

Luis walks away. Sam notices Carl staring towards them. Carl backs away, then looks back.

CARL
Sorry, I couldn’t help but overhear. You boys are going down to skull island.

Dean looks towards Carl, intrigued.

DEAN
Skull Island?

Carl nods.

CARL
Local name for it. They say that Black Beard is buried out there. Tell me, do you believe in ghosts?

Dean nods. Carl studies him and approaches them. Carl extends his hand.

CARL
Carl… I was the one who spotted that pirate ship a couple of nights ago. I know these islands like the back of my hand. I can take you boys out there if you want.

Dean nods ok. Carl grins.

CARL
Climb on up…

Dean and Sam enter Carl’s fishing boat.

CARL
Welcome onboard the Seagrass.

FADE TO:
EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY

We see the Seagrass sailing towards the island.

FADE TO:
EXT. SKULL ISLAND- SHORE

The Seagrass docks on the island. Sam and Dean jump off and look around. Carl looks up towards the sea.

CARL
This is where it all happened boys. Ocracoke Seas. The place where my forefathers killed Black Beard and the rest of his swash buckling crew.

Beat. Sam and Dean look towards Carl, more than curious.

SAM
Your great grandfather fought Black Beard?

Carl nodded his head proudly.

CARL
He was the one who hung the head on the bow spirit.

JUMP CUT:
EXT. PIRATE SHIP- FLASHBACK

FLASH CUT of the sailor hanging Black Beard’s head on the Bow Spirit.

JUMP CUT:
EXT. SKULL ISLAND- SHORE

Long Beat. Carl jumps off of the ship and enters the forest of the island.

CARL
This way… this way…

Sam follows Carl, Dean holds him back.

DEAN
Be careful.

Sam nods ok, they enter the forest of Skull Island.

EXT. SKULL ISLAND- FOREST

Carl stops in the dead center of the forest. Light shines down illuminating the area. Sam and Dean look around.

CARL
Legend has it that it’s somewhere around these parts here.

Dean pulls out a heat detector from his pocket and scans the area. Dean notices a cold spot, he grins.

DEAN
X marks the spot.

EXT. WEATHER STATION- NIGHT

The wind sweeps up, roaring. Trees sway from side to side. Dogs bark. Car alarms go off. We ascend a weather station, next to a beach, up to the observation deck.

INT. WEATHER STATION- OBSERVATION DECK

ANDREW, one of the local meteorologists, looks out the window and back down towards the radar.

ANDREW
Sir, you better take a look at this.

Dean and Sam continue to dig… DEEPER and DEEPER into the ground. Beat. Carl looks around.

CARL
We’re going to have to head back soon. The winds picking up!!!

An OLDER METEOROLOGIST walks towards Andrew.

OLDER METEOROLOGIST
What is it?

Beat. Andrew looks down towards the radar screen.

EXT. SKULL ISLAND- FOREST (PAIN REDEFINED BY DISTURBED)

CLOSE UP on Dean and Sam digging. The wind picks up speed, FASTER and FASTER.

ANDREW
It’s a fog bank sir and it’s coming in fast.

CLOSE UP we see the fog on the radar coming CLOSER and CLOSER towards Skull Island!!!

EXT. SKULL ISLAND

We see the fog RUSHING forward. Nearing the island!

Dean and Sam dig. Dean REACHES in and GRABS a rotting GROTESQUE skull, he looks towards Sam.

EXT. SKULL ISLAND

The island is blanketed in fog!!

Carl looks around. Long Beat. Echoes of cannon fire is heard rumbling through the sky.

CARL
He’s here.

EXT. SKULL ISLAND- SHORE

Onboard the Seagrass, Carl’s dog looks around and barks-- frightened.

Carl, Sam and Dean run through the forest and towards the Seagrass.

EXT. SKULL ISLAND- SHORE

The Pirate Ship sails out of the fog, headed for the island. Carl glances behind his back, seeing the pirate ship sailing towards them. Beat.

CARL
Go!

Carl stops. Dean glances behind his back, noticing. He runs back towards Carl.

DEAN
We have to get out of here. Come on!

Dean attempts to pull Carl towards the Seagrass, Carl resists.

CARL
It’s me he wants. Get out of here.

Sam jumps onto the Seagrass and starts the ignition.

SAM
Dean, let’s go! We have to get out of here.

Carl looks towards Dean.

CARL
There’s nothing you can do.
(beat)
Go!!!

Dean looks towards the Seagrass, then back towards Carl. Carl nods his head. Dean runs towards the Seagrass and climbs on. The Seagrass speeds off into the raging currents and away from the island. Carl faces the pirate ship.

EXT. SEAGRASS

Dean looks back towards the island, a feeling of loss.

SAM
It wasn’t your fault.

Dean nods his head…

EXT. SKULL ISLAND- SHORE

Carl stares at the approaching Pirate ship. Then he sees him… a figure walking through the fog coming out of the forest with a long black beard. Carl gulps. Carl takes out a gun and points it at his forehead.

EXT. SEAGRASS

CLOSE UP on Black Beard’s skull. The sound of the gun shot echoes throughout the night sky. Dean breathes out, looking out over the turbulent sea.

EXT. SKULL ISLAND- SHORE

Carl’s body drops onto the shore. Water splashing over his face. The dark shadowy figure of Black Beard fades back into the darkness of the fog.
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:36 AM

Advanced Member

INT. CHESAPEAKE DINER- EATING AREA

A WAITRESS walks through the eating area carrying two plates of hamburgers and fries. She walks towards Dean and Sam and places the food on their table.

WAITRESS
Two burgers and fries…

DEAN
Thanks

The waitress walks away. Sam continues to type on the laptop.

DEAN
Find anything yet?

Dean dips a French fry into ketchup, twirling it around. Sam looks up…

SAM
Yeah, here’s something.

Dean lets go of the fry and turns the laptop around.

DEAN
What is it?

SAM
So, Black Beard was killed under Robert Maynard right? And we also know that Carl’s great grandfather was part of that crew.

Dean nods.

DEAN
Right…

SAM
Well, I did a background check on both Charles Riverside and Ryan Dunes. Just so happens that the other two victim’s also had an accessorial tie to the past.

Dean nods, taking it all in.

DEAN
So Black Beard is back.

SAM
And he’s seeking revenge. He’s taken lives over the past hundred years. Each has some kind of link to that day, November 22nd, 1718.

DEAN
Alright, if this is true. Who’s next?

Sam nods.

SAM
There’s two more victims he didn’t claim yet.

Sam hits enter and a profile on John Maynard pops up on the laptop screen.

SAM
John Maynard a local college kid…

Sam hits enter again and a profile of Susan Ravencraw pops up.

SAM (CONT’D)
And Susan Ravencraw.

FADE TO:
EXT. POLICE DEPARTMENT

John parks his car in the parking lot. Wind howls in the thundering rain. He steps out and extends his jacket to act as an umbrella. He rushes towards the entrance and walks in.

INT. POLICE DEPARTMENT- AUTOPSY ROOM

Susan is busily looking over Ryan’s charts. Ryan lays on a metallic gurney off to her side. His arm JOLTS, Susan doesn’t notice.

SUSAN
This doesn’t make sense.

Susan places down the clip board and breathes out. She leaves the room.

INT. POLICE DEPARTMENT- HALLWAYS

John speed walks through the halls. Water dripping off of his soaked jacket as he passes. Susan walks out of the autopsy room. John spots her.

JOHN
Hey, Susan…

Susan rolls her eyes

SUSAN
What is it?

JOHN
Those pictures I took… the other day at the ship yard.

John takes out a stack of photographs

JOHN
I thought this might interest you.

Susan perks up wondering if John found a clue about the Dunes case that the police passed over.

SUSAN
What is it?

John hands her the photographs, she flips through them.

SUSAN
What am I supposed to be looking for?

John looks towards her, eyebrow raised.

JOHN
You see those white circle looking light things?

SUSAN
Yeah.

JOHN
Those are orbs which radiate around an area where a ghost was or is present.

Susan breaths out and hands the photographs back to John.

SUSAN
John, you have to grow up. There is no such thing as ghosts. People die, they don’t come back to life.

John puts the photographs back into his pocket.

JOHN
Always a skeptic. Never a believer.

John walks angrily away. Susan watches him leave. She had to admit there was something cute she found about him… nah.

FADE TO:
INT. POLICE DEPARTMENT- BATHROOM

Susan washes her hands and cleans her face with running water. She combs her hair back with her hand.

FADE TO:

Susan walks back into the autopsy room of Ryan Dunes.

INT. POLICE DEPARTMENT- AUTOPSY ROOM

Susan looks around, someone had broken in and trashed the place. But, more importantly. Ryan Dunes was missing! Susan takes out her walkie-talkie.

SUSAN
This is Susan Ravencraw. There has been a break in, repeat… there has been a break in. The corpse of Ryan Dunes, one-seven-eight-eight, is missing.

Susan notices blood smeared against the back corner wall. She walks towards it, discovering that a message was written. NO ONE CAN KILL ME. Susan stares towards the message, frightened. Calmly a hand rests on her shoulder. She slowly turns around. The hand belongs to Ryan Dunes. Susan screams. Ryan stares towards her.

RYAN
We shall make an example of them.

Ryan’s corpse collapses to the floor. The lights go off!! Susan runs out of the autopsy rooms in a hurry.

Susan runs down the hallways.

POV. SUSAN
Everywhere she looks is a ghost of a pirate staring towards her. Blood smeared against the walls. And Black Beard’s same eerie laughter from that fateful night 288 years ago.

EXT. POLICE DEPARTMENT

Susan runs out into the pouring rain. She looks back and forth. The fog begins to engulf her.

SUSAN
What’s happening to me!!!

Susan looks around. She glances behind her back and stares towards the pirate ship sailing past on the Ocracoke Sea. She looks around, frightened. Dark shadows of pirates begin to walk towards her. Susan begins to back away.

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY- STREETS

The Chevy Impala speeds along the road and towards the fog.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Sam points towards the fog.

SAM
Over there!!!

Dean nods

DEAN
I see it, I see it…

JUMP CUT:
EXT. POLICE DEPARTMENT

Susan hits a wall, she gulps. Looks around and then she notices one of them… has a long black beard. She begins to breath fast, very, very scared. VROOM! The Chevy Impala rockets towards her and swerves to the side. Sam opens the door and looks towards her.

SAM
Get in!!!

Susan quickly gets into the Chevy Impala and it drives off.
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:37 AM

Advanced Member

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY- ROAD (PIRATE SONG BY RUNNING WILD)

The Chevy Impala speeds off through the street. Launching out of the fog. The fog changes direction and RUSHES towards them.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Susan glances behind her back, seeing the fog coming towards them.

SUSAN
It’s following us!!!

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY

We see a full view of the Bay. The pirate ship sailing in Ocracoke Bay adjacent to the road. On the road the Chevy Impala swerves a quick turn and the fog continues to follow them.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Dean looks through the rear view mirror.

DEAN
Hold on!!!

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY- ROAD

The Chevy Impala speeds off towards a hill.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Sam looks towards Dean

SAM
You know what you’re doing?

Dean looks towards Sam, grins. Sam gulps. Susan looks forward and screams as…

The Chevy Impala speeds up the hill and launches off of it. The Chevy Impala soars in the air, the fog continues to follow them. The Impala LANDS back onto the road, tires squeal, sparks fly.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Dean looks back towards Susan

DEAN
See- it wasn’t that bad.

The Chevy Impala rushes towards a dead end.

SAM
Um, Dean…

Dean looks towards Sam

DEAN
Yeah?

SAM
Turn! Turn!

Dean looks back onto the road.

The Chevy Impala SWERVES and makes the turn just in time. The fog follows close behind.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Dean checks the rear view mirror.

DEAN
How do I lose this thing!

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY- ROADS

The Chevy Impala drives through the empty night. Past houses and small towns.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Sam points towards an underground opening for a parking lot.

SAM
Dean!

DEAN
I see it.

Dean quickly turns the wheel.

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY- ROADS

The Chevy Impala quickly swerves into the underground parking lot. The fog rushes onwards.

EXT. UNDERGROUND PARKING LOT

The Chevy Impala is parked looking up through the opening and onto the street. Sam and Dean breathe out.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Dean looks back towards Susan

DEAN
It’s over.

BANG! Susan screams. Dean looks around the parking lot. Pirates begin to surround them from all sides.

DEAN
Oh shit.

Dean hits his foot on the gas.

EXT. UNDERGROUND PARKING LOT

The Chevy Impala rockets out of the underground parking lot and back onto the road.

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY- SHORE ROAD

John’s truck drives along the calm road, despite the heavy rain falling from above, towards an isolated abandoned light house.

The Chevy Impala continues to speed through, swerving in and out of roads.

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Susan looks towards them

SUSAN
What was that thing?

Dean looks towards Sam.

SAM
Black Beard.

Susan glances back and forth

SUSAN
That can’t be. Black Beard is dead.

SAM
And now he’s back.

SUSAN
Then… then what do I have to do with it?

SAM
Not you, your family.

Susan looks around acknowledging.

SAM
Do you know John Maynard?

SUSAN
Yeah… why?

Dean clears his throat

DEAN
He have a cell phone?

Susan nods

DEAN
What’s the number?

JUMP TO:
EXT. ABANDONED LIGHTHOUSE

John gets out of his truck and walks towards the lighthouse. He walks in. Out on the sea we can see the pirate ship approaching… coming out of the fog.

INT. ABANDONED LIGHTHOUSE

John enters an old, decaying lighthouse. He grins.

JOHN
I can prove it to you.

John walks towards the wall and runs his hand against it.

JOHN
The family secret.

John’s cell phone RINGS. John jumps, laughs and answers it.

JOHN
John Maynard.

SUSAN (O.S.)
John… where are you?

JOHN
The abandoned lighthouse overlooking the bay. Why?

SUSAN (O.S.)
Stay there

JOHN
Why? What’s going on Susan?

SUSAN (O.S.)
I believe you alright. I believe you.

John grins, nodding

JOHN
Finally.

DEAN (O.S.)
John, listen to me.

JOHN
Who’s this?

INT. CHEVY IMPALA

Dean talks into the cell phone

DEAN
Stay right where you are. We’re coming for you. Lock the doors, close the windows. Keep inside no matter what.

CLASH! BANG! BANG! BANG!

JOHN (O.S.)
Holy shit.

DEAN
Stay there.

Dean turns off the cell phone. He looks back towards Susan.

DEAN
Tell me how to get there.

Susan nods ok.

The Chevy Impala rockets off.
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:38 AM

Advanced Member

INT. ABANDONED LIGHT HOUSE- MAIN LEVEL

John looks around. BANG! KNOCK! BANG! The sound was coming from the wooden entrance door. John slowly walks towards it. BANG! KNOCK! BANG! John gulps.

JOHN
Who’s out there?

No answer. BANG! KNOCK! BANG! John’s eyes dart back and forth.

JOHN
Oh man… oh man… oh man…

John rushes up the STAIRS of the lighthouse.

INT. ABANDONED LIGHT HOUSE- UPPER LEVEL

John looks through the port hole and sees nothing but the fog.

JOHN
What the heck is going on…

EXT. ABANDONED LIGHTHOUSE- NIGHT

The Chevy Impala slides to a stop. Pirates swarm around the light house. Dean quickly gets out and walks over towards the trunk. He takes out a holy water shotgun and tosses it towards Sam. Sam catches it.

DEAN
Watch her!!!

Dean rummages through the trunk and pulls out Black Beard’s skull. The pirates turn around and stare towards them.

DEAN
Go! Go! Go!

Dean, Sam and Susan RUSH towards the entrance of the light house; Sam attempts to open the door.

DEAN
Let me do it, back aside.

Dean KICKS the wooden door and it SWINGS open.

DEAN
Inside now!!!

Sam enters the light house. Susan remains looking towards the oncoming pirates, half startled to death. A pirate walks towards her, Dean notices.

DEAN
Hang on!

Dean lunges towards Susan and they both land in the light house. WHOOSH! A sword hits against the area where Susan was just standing. POW! Sam fires the shot gun and the Pirate backs away.

DEAN
Good one Sammy.

Dean tries to push the wooden door back.

DEAN
Now help me close this door.

Sam and Dean STRUGGLE, but eventually close the door. Sam locks it.

DEAN
Alright- now that that’s taken care of.

Dean bends down and reaches for the skull.

DEAN
(sarcastic)
Alas, poor Yorick…

John walks down the stairs.

JOHN
Who are you? What do you want?

Dean glances up towards him.

DEAN
You must be Maynard.

John nods

DEAN
I’m Dean, this is Sam… we’re here to help

BANG! KNOCK! BANG! Dean looks towards the door.

DEAN
Don’t worry. It’s locked.

John looks towards Susan grinning

JOHN
Now do you believe me?

SUSAN
Grow up

John laughs, he looks towards Dean

JOHN
So how do we stop it?

Dean holds up the skull

DEAN
We kill Black Beard.

JOHN
How?

DEAN
Let me handle that. So any of you want to start talking?

John and Susan looks towards Dean, confused.

DEAN
One of you must know where his body is. We find it. We can beat it. Or…

Dean looks towards the door. BANG! KNOCK! BANG!

DEAN
You can become its next victims.

SUSAN
Us? Why us…

DEAN
Hey, we had nothing to do with Black Beard’s death sweet heart. It’s you two. So… let’s get talking.

John breathes out

JOHN
Ok… ok… I know where it is.

John looks towards Dean.

JOHN
My grandfather put a map in this wall.

Dean looks towards it, he breathes out.

DEAN
When are people ever going to learn subtly… ok, let’s start cracking. Susan…

Susan looks towards him, nervous.

SUSAN
Yeah?

DEAN
Stand look out. John, there’s gotta be some kind of mallet around here right?

John nods his head and runs off. Dean looks towards Sam.

DEAN
You ready for this?

Sam nods.

EXT. ABANDONED LIGHT HOUSE

The pirate ghosts continue to swarm towards the light house. The fog engulfs the whole area. A pirate ship sails out of the fog on Ocracoke Seas and towards the light house.

Susan looks through the port hole. CRACK! CRACK! Susan walks closer to the port hole and notices a crack forming in the glass. CRACK! Susan jumps, out of fright. As the crack widens

SUSAN
Agh… hurry up, they found a way in!!!

Dean SWINGS the mallet and the bricks collapse. Dean reaches through the hole and reaches out a map. He looks at it, breathes out.

DEAN
Skull Island.

Dean looks towards Sam, teeth clenched. John looks towards the door.

JOHN
They’re going to be here any second.

Dean looks towards John

DEAN
Is there a back way out of here?

John nods.

DEAN
What about a ship?

JOHN
Yeah, on the docks below… why?

DEAN
Alright. We’re going. John, come with me. Sam stay here, protect Susan. John… let’s go.

Sam nods ok. John opens an entrance into the ground below, they both climb down.

CRACK!! Crack!!! Crack!!! The crack in the port hole widens and the glass SHATTERS!

SUSAN
Um… guys… they’re coming!!!

Sam looks around. Susan SCREAMS. Sam quickly runs up the stairs and towards Susan.

Susan backs against a wall as pirates climb in. Sam guards her and fires off rounds towards the ghosts.

SAM
Get back down!!!

Susan nods and runs back down towards the main level. Sam continues to fire off rounds. Pirates fly off of the wall of the light house.

EXT. ABANDONED LIGHT HOUSE- BACK ENTRANCE

Dean and John emerge behind the light house, below the hill. They run towards the docks. Dean stops and glances behind his back, the fog spots them.

DEAN
They’re coming!

John runs towards his ship and jumps on. Dean follows suit. John starts the engine and the ship soars off along the rapid currents below.

Susan backs against a corner as Sam walks down the stairs, backwards firing off rounds. Done… for now. Sam runs down the stairs and over towards the hole in the ground he opens it.

SAM
Get in!!!

Susan climbs down the hole, Sam follows and closes the opening above them.

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY

We see the fog blanketing the light house. John’s ship speeds off towards Skull Island and the pirate ship following them close behind.

EXT. JOHN’S SHIP

Dean glances back towards the pirate ship following them.

JOHN
We’re almost there!

Dean breathes out

DEAN (sarcastic)
Well, that’s good.

Dean looks down towards the map.

INT. ABANDONED LIGHT HOUSE- LOWER LEVEL

Sam looks up towards the wooden door above. Susan sits, cowering against the wall.

SUSAN
They’re going to kill me aren’t they?

Sam looks down towards her. For a second he sees Jessica.

SAM
No, he’s not going to get you. I promise.

BANG! BANG! The wooden door above begins to shake. Sam looks towards Susan.

SAM
Down… down!!!

Sam and Susan run down the steps of the lighthouse. The wooden door above SHATTERS open. Pirates walk through.

EXT. SKULL ISLAND- SHORE

John’s ship skids to a stop on the shore line. John and Dean jump off. Dean tosses John the skull.

DEAN
Hold onto it.

Dean looks down towards the map. He nods and takes out the heat sensor.

DEAN
Let’s go ghost hunting.
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:39 AM

Advanced Member

Sam and Susan continue to rush down the stairs. Lit lanterns guiding the way into the caverns below; pirates continue to walk down the steps after them. Susan breathes out fast.

SUSAN
I’m going to die… I’m going to die… I’m going to die…

Sam hugs her close and continues down.

Canon fire ECHOES throughout the skies. Dean looks down towards the heat detector.

DEAN
Found it

Dean looks up as a cannon ball ROCKETS towards them.

DEAN
Get down!!!

Dean TACKLES John to the ground, the cannon ball flies past them. John looks to the side and sees Black Beard walking towards them through the fog of the forest.

JOHN
Shit…

Black Beard grins, approaching John.

BLACK BEARD
Maynard.

JUMP CUT:

FLASH CUT OF Maynard landing on the ship. Black Beard spots him and grins.

JUMP CUT:

Sam and Susan hit a dead end. Sam looks towards Susan.

SAM
Get behind me!!!

The pirates approach them. PIRATE 1 tilts its head, grinning.

PIRATE 1
Ravencraw…

Black Beard tosses John a sword.

BLACK BEARD
One more time…

John grabs it.

JOHN
One more time…

Dean attempts to hold John back, John pushes away from him.

JOHN
I have to… Do me a favor- dig!

Dean nods and sets to work.

Sam continues to fire off rounds towards the pirates, knocking them back. Pirate 1 PUSHES Sam aside.

PIRATE 1
Prepare to die.

Pirate 1 grins and approaches Susan.

John stands up and stares towards Black Beard.

FLASH CUT:

Maynard faces Black Beard. Black Beard grins, laughing.

BLACK BEARD
You can’t kill me.

MAYNARD
We’ll have to see about that.

Maynard and Black Beard charge towards each other and a suspenseful sword fight breaks out.

FLASH CUT:

John and Black Beard fight fierce and fast. Swords CLANG against each other, neither gaining the upper hand advantage. Dean rapidly digs into the ground.

JUMP CUT:

Pirate 1 PUSHES Susan against the wall. Sam strains reaching for the holy shotgun; he GRABS it. POW! Pirate 1 is shot directly in the head! Pirate 1 backs away, screaming in agony.

JUMP CUT:

Black Beard KICKS Maynard back and swings his sword.

FLASH CUT:

John quickly blocks the sword and throws himself away from the tree.

JOHN
How’s it coming!!!

Dean looks up.

DEAN
Almost done!

John blocks Black Beard’s next strike.

JOHN
I won’t give up that easily!

JUMP CUT:

Sam continues to fire off rounds. Knocking pirate after pirate back and away from Susan!

FLASH CUT:

Black Beard strikes at Maynard fierce and fast. Black Beard gains the upper hand in the battle.

FLASH CUT:

Dean grins- he throws the skull into the hole next to Black Beard’s corpse. Black Beard PUSHES John against a tree.

BLACK BEARD
Bye Maynard

Dean tosses a lit match into the underground hole. Fire ERUPTS. John grins

JOHN
Bye

Black Beard SCREAMS in AGONY, he looks down towards his hands disintegrating. John wipes away blood from his face. Black Beard BREAKS APART as he BURNS out of existence. John breathes out, leans against the tree, slumps down and looks towards Dean.

JOHN
Thanks.

Dean looks towards John, breathes out, laughs and nods.

The pirates begin to fade away. Sam hangs his head back, puts the holy shotgun down and looks towards Susan.

SAM
It’s over.

FADE TO:

EXT. CHESAPEAKE BAY

The pirate ship fades into the disappearing fog. The pirates begin to disintegrate. CLOSE UP on a pirate turning its head, gradually crippling away. The sun rises, dawning the beginning of a new day- a new fate.

EXT. ABANDONED LIGHT HOUSE- MORNING

Dean and Sam stand beside the Chevy Impala. Dean tosses the shot gun back into the trunk and closes it.

DEAN
Well, no more Black Beard.

Dean looks up towards John and Susan standing beside the light house.

JOHN
Thanks

Sam nods, Susan walks towards them

SUSAN
How can I ever repay you?

Dean raises his eyebrow. Sam notices.

SAM
Just keep out of trouble

Susan smiles and laughs

SUSAN
I’ll do that

Susan walks back over to John. John wraps his arms around her.

DEAN
Oh…

Dean walks around to the driver’s side of the Impala

DEAN
I don’t see Black Beard coming back any time soon. Come on Sam, time to hit the road.

Sam nods good bye and gets in.

DEAN
Be safe, oh and dude- how did you learn how to fight like that?

John grins, shrugging

JOHN
Must be the past catching up to me

Susan looks towards John. Dean grins

DEAN
This guy knows how to have a mad sword fight. I’ll catch you around.

John and Susan nods. Dean gets into the Chevy Impala. John and Susan watch them drive off and into the distance.

FADE TO:

INT. PIRATES COVE MOTEL- REGISTRATION CENTER

CLOSE UP on the manager staring towards the screen.

MANAGER
Black Beard never did return, the curse was over. John and Susan lived happily ever after. And for the brothers- no one knows. Some say that they are dead, while others say that they are still out there fighting evil, anywhere their journey takes them.

The manager grins, revealing his new GOLD TEETH.

EXT. WHOLE CHESPEAKE BAY

We travel back from Pirates Cove motel, the sign swings in the wind. We see the small town, police department, and underground parking lot as we fly back. The Chevy Impala rounds the corner driving away from the abandoned light house.

MANAGER (V.O.)
I guess we never will.

We continue to fly back, passing the island. Chesapeake Bay gradually fades off into the distance.

[FADE TO BLACK]
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 03:59 AM

Advanced Member

user posted image

BLACKBEARD

Blackbeard (c.1680–November 22, 1718) was the nickname of Edward Teach alias Edward Thatch, (other sources give his name as Edward Drummond) a notorious British pirate who had a short reign of terror in the Caribbean Sea between 1716 and 1718, during a period of time referred to as the Golden Age of Piracy. His final and best known vessel, the Queen Anne's Revenge, is believed to have run ashore near what is now the Ocracoke Inlet, North Carolina in 1718. Blackbeard had over a dozen wives, most of which were common-law marriages. His last wife was Mary Ormond (or Ormand) of Bath, North Carolina, to whom he was only married for a short while. A painting of him hangs in Van Der Veer house (ca. 1790), in Bath N.C. He is thought to have been born in either Bristol, England or Jamaica.

Wikipedia: Black Beard

Blackbeard

Teach's hole: The Story of Blackbeard

A lost head

THE FOG

This teleplay was inspired by John Carpenter's THE FOG. The movie is a classic ghost story that takes place in a Northern California fishing town called Antonio Bay. The town is about to celebrate its Centenary when mysterious events accompany a strange, glowing fog that spreads over land and sea. The mysterious fog contains the vengeful ghosts of Blake and the clipper's crew, who have come back on the hundredth anniversary of the shipwreck and the founding of the town to take the lives of six people (symbolic substitutes for the six conspirators).
dean5339
Posted on Feb 20 2006, 04:15 AM

Advanced Member

user posted image

John Carpenter's THE FOG is the film that got me interested in making a similar story, Supernatural style. Both the original and remake are now available on DVD.

John Carpenter's The Fog

The Fog

« Next Oldest | Scripts | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1545 seconds · Archive