This skin was posted at the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Supernaturalville. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Horror of Hound Heights
Booser
Posted: Jul 9 2006, 10:33 PM

Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 67

Ravenness, Massachusetts

EXT. EDENWULDE HEIGHTS CEMETARY. NIGHT

A small fog shrouded graveyard on top of a hill, dotted by crooked headstones and crumbling stone crosses. Old bent trees sway in the breeze like resentful guardians. Hushed voices can be heard. Four people are digging at a grave. There are two guys ALAN and MARK and two girls OLIVIA and MACKENZIE. They all appear to be in their late teens, early twenties.

OLIVIA

Will you hurry up? You’re gonna get us caught.

MARK

(inside the deep hole)

Are you kiddin? No one ever comes around here. No ones been buried here in like a million years.

A loud clunk as Alan’s spade has hit something solid.

ALAN

I think I’ve hit it! Oh man, people are gonna freak when they see this!

Olivia and Mackenzie look cold and fed up.

OLIVIA

Just hurry up will ya.

MARK

Is the prom queen pissed that her idea required actual work?

MACKENSIE

Our idea was a skeleton. You know a plastic hang it up on your wall and then throw it in the trash skeleton. What you guys are doing is sick.

ALAN

Relax its not like it’s anyone you know.

The boys bash away at what’s left of the coffin. It crumbles easily revealing an old and yellowed skeleton underneath.

Something is watching the would be grave robbers from the trees. We are moving slowly along the tree line from its perspective.

OLIVIA

(disgusted)

That’s it we’re outta here.

MARK

Christ Olivia, all you’ve done is moan since we got here. We’ve come this far and I’m not leaving now.

ALAN

(twirling keys)

Olivia is forgetting who has the car keys.

MARK

(laughing and grabbing hold of the skeletons arm)

She can flag for a lift with this guy!

Alan and Marks laughing is interrupted by a howling coming from the trees. Maybe its just some dog.

MACKENZIE

Oh great. Now what.

Alan and Mark are busy lifting the skeleton out of the ground and placing it on a large plastic sheet.

ALAN

It’s the Wolfman. After all tonight the dead are rising from the grave!

OLIVIA

(looking at the boys climbing out of the grave)

So are the assholes.

Laughing and joking the kids pack the body into the boot of Mark’s car. Alan, Olivia, And Mackenzie pile into the car. Alan goes back to collect the shovels. Suddenly something large and black springs from the bushes on sets upon Alan as he is walking back to the car. A large fanged head tears at his clothes. He manages to pull himself away and run towards the car.

ALAN

Help!

MACKENZIE

He’s not funny.

MARK

(looking in the rearview mirror)

I think he really needs help you guys

Mark starts the car

MARK

Come on man!

Mark reverses quickly hitting Alan’s assailant. Alan stumbles into the car covered in blood and clutching his leg.

ALAN

Go man! Go!

The car speeds off. We see a shot of the graveyard growing smaller in the distance. Howling fills the night air.

SUPERNATURAL - "HOWL"

EXT. “ONE FOR THE ROAD” CONVENIENCE STORE. MORNING

Dean Winchester is to face to face with the snarling beast, its fangs bared and dripping saliva onto the parched earth. Dean grimaces as the wind blows dust into his face. This isn’t gonna be easy. Why does he always get the nasty tasks? Slowly he reaches into his pocket. Good, he had enough. Maybe he’d be able to get through today after all.

DEAN

(sneering)

What’s your problem?

With new found vigor he passes the tied up mutt on his way into the shop.

INT. CONVENIENCE STORE.

Dean carries over a tub of ice cream. It says “Mint Oreo Blitz” on the carton. Dean has already opened it and is licking the spoon as he approaches the counter. There is a young fat guy behind the counter with long braided hair. The name ROMAN appears on his nametag.

DEAN

Hot today huh?

ROMAN

And yesterday, and the day before. Bet you that tub of ice cream it’ll be hot tomorrow.

DEAN

Think I’ll hold on to this bad boy if that’s the case. You don’t have anymore Assorted Nut?

Roman looks at Dean with an odd expression.

DEAN

Its for my brother. He likes the nuts. Keeps him occupied.

ROMAN

(going into the backroom)

Dude it’s just ice cream

Deans waits at the counter and listens to the news on a small radio beside the till.

VOICE ON RADIO

Police have yet to confirm any leads on the reported vandalism at Edenwulde Heights graveyard. An investigation is being launched into a bizarre case of grave robbing at the disused cemetery.

Dean, his interest piqued, reaches over and turns up the volume.

VOICE ON RADIO

The opened grave was found earlier this morning by joggers passing by the old cemetery. According to Sheriff Fort all lines of enquiry are being pursued. We will have further updates along with an interview with Sheriff Fort in this evening’s bulletin.

Dean grabs a map from a nearby pile of roadmaps. Roman enters the store from the backroom.

ROMAN

Sorry man, none left back here. What you see is what you get.

Roman looks around for Dean. All that’s left is a five dollar bill on the counter.

EXT. CONVENIENCE STORE.

The Impala does a 180 degree turn and heads back in the opposite direction.

INT. IMPALA.

SAM

Grave robbing?

DEAN

(nods)

Grave robbing.

SAM

(digging in the tub of ice cream)

Why don’t you let the police deal with it then?

DEAN

(whimsically)

Because today its one grave. Tomorrow it’s a zombie army. It’s because of attitudes like that that Haiti has gone to Hell. It’s better safe then sorry. Who said that again?

SAM

That was different.

DEAN

Who was it though Sam. Help me out here.

SAM

(pauses)

Missing people is different from missing corpses.

DEAN

But was it any less supernatural?

Sam clutches his head in pain.

SAM

Aghhhh! Dammit!

DEAN

(concerned)

Sam what’s up? What do you see?

SAM

Brain freeze.

DEAN

(smiling)

Son of a bitch.
Booser
Posted: Jul 9 2006, 10:33 PM

Hunter

EXT. EDENWULDE HEIGHTS CEMETARY. DAY.

A small news crew is gathered at the scene. There is yellow tape around the empty gravesite. SHERIFF FORT a small squat man with a belly is giving a radio interview to CHARLENE MODESKI a pretty young news reporter with short curly hair. The Impala pulls up outside.

SHERIFF FORT

(blustering)

Not many crimes go unsolved in Ravenness. My boys do their best to protect not only the living but the dead. Because of this criminals fear crime because they fear the punishment. That punishment is me. And this crime WILL be punished. Punishment comes in many forms. The thought of me breathing down their necks is also punishment. The fear of the inevitable is punishment, as is the punishment itself………..

Susan looks understandably unimpressed by the sheriffs waffling. Dean and Sam after looking around the graveyard in the background walk up to the interviewers.

SAM

Sheriff Fort any clues as to the nature of the grave robbers?

SHERIFF FORT

We have an open grave. And a stolen body. That tells me a lot about their nature.

SUSAN

And excuse me who are you? My name is Susan Modeski with W19 and this is MY interview.

DEAN

Michael Leonard and Angelo Vinci with Ancient Antiquities.

SUSAN

Like your car?

DEAN

That’s a classic not an antique.

SUSAN

What’s the difference?

DEAN

(smiling)

Chicks love classics.

SAM

(noticing the obvious derailment off topic)

……………OK.

Sheriff how to you intend to catch the grave robbers? I mean what clues have they left behind?

SHERIFF FORT

We have got some tire threads we have taken prints off round the back. Unfortunately the grave site itself was trampled on by so many people before we got here its impossible to make out the human prints. But we have discovered some large tracks of a creature which leads us to an inevitable conclusion.

SAM

And that is?

SHERIFF FORT

Bigfoot.

SUSAN

(Incredulously)

Bigfoot robbed the grave?

SHERIFF FORT

Ma’am when you eliminate all possible solutions whatever is left no matter how unbelievable must invariably be true.

(winks at sam)

Columbo

SAM

Holmes

EXT. OUTSIDE OF CEMETARY.

Dean and Sam are walking back to their car.

SAM

The guys obviously an idiot.

DEAN

Looks like we cant hope for much help from the boys in blue.

(looking back towards the grave)

I want to check it out myself when everyone is gone.

INT. RAVENNESS DISTRICT MEDICAL CENTRE. DAY

Alan is lying on a bed. His leg is heavily bandaged. He gazes out the window just as a nurse leaves his room. The wind is blowing heavily outside. His gaze fixes on a group of willow trees. Their long drooping branches are tossed wildly in the gust. It is very dark in their shade. He imagines he can see a pair of red eyes staring back at him. He closes his eyes tightly. When he opens them again the eyes are gone. Relieved he relaxes back on the bed. He sees something in front of him which causes him to scream. The nurse runs into his room and tries to calm him down. Terrified he is pointing towards the door. The nurse turns round.

NURSE

Oh my god.

On the back of the door leading to his room appears the long black claw marks of a huge animal. Not only are they gouged into the door they appear to be burnt in.

EXT. EDENWULD HEIGHTS CEMETARY. EVENING

The reporters and police have gone. We see the Impala once again parked outside. Dean and Sam are standing over the grave. Dean is scanning the grave with his infra red detector.

DEAN

Nothing.

SAM

Could be necromancy?

DEAN

I’m not seeing any evidence of a protective circle. Also a necromancer wouldn’t destroy the coffin like that. It would offend the spirit.

SAM

Vampirism? Zombification?

DEAN

Look how old this graveyard is Sam. There would have been evidence of that long before now. Whatever was left of this guy would be pretty much useless to anyone.

SAM

Told ya. We should let Forest Gump handle this.

DEAN

Hang on a second.

Dean is holding the detector to the ground.

DEAN

This must have been what the Sheriff was talking about.

SAM

You’ve found Bigfoot’s size thirty twos?

DEAN

Maybe.

FEMALE VOICE (OS)

Ancient Antiquities huh?

The boys turn around to see Susan walking towards them.

SUSAN

I doubt you’ll find the holy grail in there.

DEAN

Well we’ve looked everywhere else…..

SAM

(surprised)

Susan

(beat)

what are you doing here?

SUSAN

Same as you. Looking for Bigfoot.

Susan muscles her way past Dean and takes photographs of the tracks.

SUSAN

(very matter-of-fact)

Well they are big feet.

(beat)

Why are you really here? I called Ancient Antiquities. When I told him your names the guy on the phone laughed and then hung up.

DEAN

Sassy.

SUSAN

Is he always this patronizing?

SAM

Pretty much.

A sound of sirens is heard. The trio turn around to see Sheriff Fort walking towards them.

SHERIFF FORTE

Saw some lights on up here.

Sam, Dean and Susan look blankly at the Sheriff.

SHERIFF FORTE

Thought it might be UFO’s.

(beat)

What are you guys doing back here anyway?

EXT. SMALL ROAD. NIGHT

INT. ALAN’S CAR.

Mackenzie is driving. Alan is in the passenger seat.

MACKENZIE

The silent treatment all the way home?

Alan says nothing. Just staring ahead.

MACKENZIE

Fine. We’re all in a lot of trouble you know.

Alan looks across at her.

MACKENSIE

You know they had the police and radio and everything there today? If they find out…oh my god Alan…….if they find the body.

ALAN

(wearily)

They cant. Not unless someone talks.

MACKENSIE

If they find the body, Can’t they do all sorts of tests on it though? I mean like genetics and stuff?

ALAN

Oh and I’m fine by way. Thanks for asking. Not enough I can’t sleep at the hospital.

Groaning he turns to go to sleep.

MACKENZIE

So you were bitten by a dog. Big deal. You got your shots right?

(shakes Alan)

Hey!

Something darts across the road in a flash. Panicking Mackenzie spins the wheel. The car runs off the road and smashes into a tree. Alan pulls himself from the wreckage. He peers back inside. Mackenzie is slumped across the wheel.

ALAN

Mack! Oh God…..

He hears a howling. Turning around he sees two red eyes in the dark coming closer down the road.

ALAN

(scrambling away)

Oh jesus, oh jesus…

EXT. FIELD OF LONG GRASS.

Alan limps into the long grass. He can hear something bounding after him. The grass is swaying and bending as something has followed him into the field. His legs are paining him, he drops to the ground and desperately tries to drag himself back up. We see a large black dog like creature leap into the air above Alan. We see a pulled back shot of the long grass with Alan screaming, we see a road sign. Its says “Welcome to Ravenness : Come for the Welcome, Stay for the Friendship!”
Booser
Posted: Jul 9 2006, 10:34 PM

Hunter

EXT. ROADSIDE. MORNING.

Ambulance crew and the fire service are at the scene. A body in a black zipper bag is being loaded into the ambulance. The fire service are working on removing the car from the around the tree. The place is a kaleidoscope of flashing lights. Sam and Dean as always are at the scene. They approach the Sheriff.

DEAN

What happened here Sheriff?

SHERIFF FORTE

The magazine people? Huh, well the kids ran the car off the road. There are no signs of another vehicle, well have the car tested for mechanical failure but so far everything seems fine.

Sam and Dean glance at the crumbled wreckage.

SHERIFF FORTE

Except for the airbags. Both failed. It’s a mystery. Poor girl was killed instantly. You know no matter how many adds you run people still don’t wear their seatbelts. The guy. Well we found him in the field.

SAM

In the field? Why didn’t he just stay on the road to get help?

SHERIFF FORTE

Because something chased him into the fields. Made light work of his neck too.

(looks disdainfully at the people around him)

I told them. I’ve been saying it for ten damn years.

DEAN

What?

SHERIFF FORTE

(walking off)

Vampires.

INT. OLIVIA’S HOUSE. BEDROOM. DAY

Olivia is lying face down on her bed. Her mobile rings on her bedside locker. Olivia lifts her face up. We can see she has been crying. She looks at the caller id “Mark”. She cancels the call and lies back down. The phone rings again. She decides to answer it this time.

MARK

Olivia. I..um. I just heard.

(beat)

How are you?

OLIVIA

I don’t know. Sad? Angry? How should I feel Mark.

MARK

It was nobodies fault. It was an accident. The police said there was something wrong with the car.

OLIVIA

Yeah well….

MARK

We have to tell the police. I don’t care anymore. I just want rid of it.

OLIVIA

What are you talking about?

MARK

The body Olivia. The goddamn body The police will still be looking for it. With Alan and Macky I just don’t care about it anymore. I need to get it off my chest. I cant eat. I cant sleep. I have these nightmares....

OLIVIA

It was a stupid idea in the first place Mark.

MARK

You think its cursed? That’s bullshit. Now isn’t the time….

OLIVIA

It’s the perfect time. What the hell was it that bit Alan at Edenwulde? Then he dies in a freak car accident? I mean if he even died there….

MARK

Calm down. What are you talking about?

OLIVIA

They keep saying Mackenzie died in the car, they wont say anything about Alan.

MARK

He was obviously hurt and tried to get away. It was horrible but it happe….

Interference on the line cuts the call short.

OLIVIA

Hello? Mark?

Olivia thinks she can faintly make out Marks voice but it eventually becomes just static.

MARK

Hello? Dammit.

Marks jumps at a sudden squeal coming from the phone signal. The noise becomes weird and distorted. His cat which had been reviously lying on the bed hisses and arches it back at something yet unseen.

INT. DEAN AND SAMS MOTEL ROOM. EVENING.

Sam is on the phone.

SAM

That’s right Modeski. M.O.D.E….look I’m sure you know who I’m talking about.

Thanks.

Dean walks in from the kitchen area with a freshly microwaved pizza. He takes a bite. Now he looks like he is in some discomfort as he is frantically waving his hand in the air.

DEAN

(spluttering)

Aw crap!

SAM

What’s up with you?

DEAN

Theese is turning the moof of my houth!!!!

Sam rolls his eyes and returns to his phone conversation. Dean runs to the fridge grabs a beer and chugs it.

DEAN

Oh man that’s good.

Returning to the room he sees Sam finishing up.

SAM

That’s great thanks.

DEAN

Well?

SAM

Alan Doyle twenty two years old and Mackenzie Arthurs eighteen. Doyle worked at Eason’s Motors just three miles from here. Arthurs went to Ravenness Highschool and worked part time in a hair salon.

DEAN

Well Holmes himself would be proud.

SAM

Well like everything it came at a price.

EXT. MARK’S HOUSE. NIGHT.

Dean and Sam pull up to the house. They see police and ambulance lights flashing.

DEAN

(turning to Sam)

We really have to stop tipping these guys off.

SAM

I think we may have a pattern. These deaths are no accident.

DEAN

I never get tired of being right.

SUSAN

(jumping out from the back seat)

Right about what?

DEAN

I knew we shouldn’t have brought her.

SUSAN

That’s funny because without me you wouldn’t be here in the first place.

Dean and Sam find Sheriff Fort exiting the front door.

SHERIFF FORT

Its you again. We have nothing to say to the press at this time.

DEAN

How about off the record? You don’t want the vampires to get away with it do ya?

Sheriff turns to Dean, suddenly interested.

SHERIFF FORT

It ain’t vampires sonny and it never was.

SAM

Oh?

SHERIFF FORT

The guy was pretty badly torn up. His throat was all kinds of ripped like his friend the Doyle kid. He was holding his phone though. The last number he dialed was his girlfriend. She said there was all kind of static and buzzing coming from the line right before…….

(looks back at the house)

……the time of death.

SUSAN

So Sheriff what are we looking for? What happened in there?

SHERIFF FORT

You ever see that film The Ring?

DEAN

That was just a film.

SHERIFF FORT

That’s what they thought as well ‘till the bitch came outta the TV.

(putting on his hat)

Excuse me.

SAM

(dumbfounded)

I think I get dumber ever time I listen to that man. At this rate we’ll never crack this.

DEAN

We need to talk to the girlfriend.

(turns to Susan)

Hey Curls still got that address book handy?

INT. IMPALA OUTSIDE OLIVIA’S HOUSE.NIGHT

SAM

You sure about this?

DEAN

I think I’ve a pretty good idea what’s going on.

DEAN

(turns round to Susan in the backseat)

This is far as you go. The last thing she wants to see is a reporter.

SUSAN

And what makes you think she’s gonna want to see you?

EXT. OLIVIA’S HOUSE, FRONT DOOR.

OLIVIA’S DAD is looking at Dean and Sam puzzled.

OLIVIA’S DAD

Witness Protection Program?

INT. OLIVIA’S HOUSE, KITCHEN

OLIVIA

I’m in danger?

SAM

We have good reason to believe so yes.

OLIVIA

From who?

DEAN

We were hoping maybe you could tell us that.

OLIVIA

I don’t know anything. I don’t do drugs, I haven’t shot anyone. When the sheriff told me about Mark he said not to turn on the TV. What the hell is going on?

DEAN

How about grave robbing?

OLIVIA

(looks shocked)

You know then.

SAM

The tire prints from the graveyard matched Alan’s car. According to his family all four of you were out together that Friday night. Now three of your friends are dead.

OLIVIA

Oh my god. I’m next aren’t I?

DEAN

You don’t have to be.

OLIVIA

I’ll tell you whatever you want, just don’t let them get me.

INT. IMPALA. NIGHT

Dean, Sam and Olivia pile into the car.

SUSAN

Where are we going?

DEAN

We’re gonna dig us another grave.
Booser
Posted: Jul 9 2006, 10:36 PM

Hunter

EXT. EDENWULDE HEIGHTS CEMETARY. NIGHT

Dean , Sam, Susan and Olivia enter the graveyard. It is an old fashioned cemetery, most of the headstones and crosses are no longer standing, the inscriptions on them worn away.

SUSAN

You know I didn’t believe you before when you said you were ghostbusters.

SAM

Hunters. Ghost hunters

SUSAN

Whatever. I just think you guys are nuts.

DEAN

Promised you a story didn’t we?

SUSAN

Yeah a news story, not a Halloween special.

Dean comes to a stop at a crooked old gate at the back of the cemetery. He checks a compass.

DEAN

North…..

He runs the heat detector across the ground.

DEAN

Oh yeah this is the place alright.

OLIVIA

What are you doing?

Dean starts digging.

SAM

In old European culture it was often customary to have a guardian to protect your cemetery. It was believed the devil would try to enter a burial ground from the north. To ward him off a large dog would be killed and buried at the entrance.

DEAN

Only black dogs aren’t too particular about who they ward off.

SAM

Phantom dogs like real dogs are fiercely protective of their territory. They will attack anyone they deem is a threat to those sleeping under the ground.

OLIVIA

Like grave robbers?

DEAN

Especially graverobbers.

SUSAN

You’re saying the ghost of a dog is taking revenge on the people who stole a body from this graveyard. You’ve been reading too much Baskervilles.

SAM

It was the long tradition of black dog sightings and attacks that inspired Hound of the Baskervilles, the Moddy Dhu from the Isle of Man, the Black Shuck of Norfolk, the Barghest…….. Each phantom haunting a particular road, graveyard or church. Immigrants carried the tradition here when they settled.

OLIVIA

That’s what attacked us the other night.

Dean uncovers the skeleton of a large dog. He sprinkles rock salt on the bones and douses it with lighter fluid. He strikes a match.

DEAN

Time to put this dog down.

The bones go up in flames. The group watch the skeleton burn. A howl draws their attention to the front of the cemetery. Slowly walking up the slope towards them is a huge black dog. About the size of a cow and with fierce burning red eyes its fangs are bared. The group slowly back away.

SAM

Why didn’t the cleansing work?

DEAN

I dunno. Maybe it’s not an innately evil spirit?

SUSAN

You guys know what to do now right?

DEAN

Sure

Susan looks at him.

DEAN

Run!

The group run towards the small crumbling church at the top of the cemetery hill. The dog gives chase. Dean and Sam struggle to drag open the heavy wooden doors. They haven’t been opened in years. They creak open. The group dash inside.

INT. CHURCH.

SAM

This door won’t hold it!

DEAN

All of you give me a hand with this.

Dean and the rest drag a heavy wooden pew against the door. Breathless they fall back and listen to the phantom lay siege to the door. The sound of the snarls and claws terrify Olivia.

DEAN

Now it’s pissed.

SUSAN

Now what we’re trapped.

Sam is looking around.

SAM

I don’t think so. Christian churches were traditionally shaped like a cross with an entrance at each end. There should at least be an entrance for the priest into the sacristy. There’s only one thing left we can do.

DEAN

Lay it on us, we aren’t going anywhere.

SAM

We have to return the body.

DEAN

The bones? How is that gonna help us now?

SAM

The spirits job was to protect the dead right? If we return the body, put everything back the way it was maybe the spirit will find rest.

DEAN

Makes sense. But how are we gonna get past Cujo out there?

SAM

Someone is gonna have to stay here and keep him busy while someone else goes for the body.

DEAN

Good plan.

(beat)

I’ll stay

OLIVIA

I’ll go. I know where Mark hid the body. It’s still rapped in plastic in his garage

SAM

No good. Its after you. You have to keep it here.

Sam looks across to Susan.

SAM

You up for a bit of tomb raiding?

SUSAN

No.

SAM

Too bad.

Sam grabs Susan and they head to the back of the chapel. His torch beam illuminates a door handle. Yes! He and Susan exit the church and silently close the door.

EXT. CEMETARY.

They spy the Impala at the bottom of the cemetery.

SAM

How far away is that? Eighty yards? Come on hurry.

Sam and Susan race to the bottom of the graveyard. They jump into the Impala and Sam frantically tries to start the car.

SUSAN

What’s wrong?

SAM

I dunno. The electrics have failed. It’s like the batteries dead.

Out the front view window they see the hound at the top of the hill.

SAM

Come one, come on!

The dials and engine flicker to life. Finally the car starts and the Impala speeds away into the night.

INT. CHURCH

Dean and Olivia have their backs against the door and listening intently.

OLIVIA

Something’s wrong. They’ve been gone too long.

DEAN

Relax will ya, its only been fifteen minutes.

Dean presses his ear to the door.

DEAN

Actually you may be right. Listen to that.

OLIVIA

I don’t hear anything.

DEAN

Exactly.

Dean fumbles through his pockets.

OLIVIA

What are you looking for?

DEAN

(taking out a handful of white powder)

Rock salt. If worst comes to worst.

OLIVIA

You know its funny.

DEAN

What is?

OLIVIA

My father owns the dog pound.

DEAN

Ain’t karma a bitch.

(beat)

Uh Oh…….

Dean stares wide eyed towards the back of the church.

EXT. MARK’S HOUSE, GARAGE.

Sam and Susan are loading a body wrapped in blue plastic into the back of the Impala.

VOICE (O.S.)

Put your hands where I can see ‘em.

Sam and Susan turn around to see Sheriff Fort pointing his gun at them. They oblige.

SAM

We don’t have time for this Sheriff.

SHERIFF FORT

Oh I think we do. We got plenty of time to talk things out down at the station.

SUSAN

People are in danger!

SHERIFF FORT

(points to body)

I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

See I kept asking myself…..

SAM

(under his breath)

That’d be an intellectual conversation.

SHERIFF FORT

(continuing)

Why take a body from an old graveyard, and then we get these murders. See we found the body earlier on while searching the house, but I decided to lay a little trap for you folks.

SUSAN

We’re very impressed Mrs Fletcher but really….

SHERIFF FORT

I don’t think you’re in any position to argue with a man of the law. Now where is it?

SAM

Where is what?

SHERIFF FORT

Don’t act dumb with me. Your spaceship. Your pod whatever it is your taking the body back to.

Sam turns to Susan and grins. He has a plan.

INT. CHURCH.

Dean and Olivia are circling around each other looking nervous. Dean is clenching his fistful of salt tightly.

OLIVIA

Where is it?

DEAN

I don’t know. It must be trying to find a way in. A weakness.

OLIVIA

How can it get in? Isn’t a church like hallowed ground or something?

DEAN

Yes it is.

(beat)

In the movies.

OLIVIA

What are you gonna do with that?

DEAN

A circle of salt provides protection from all spirits, usually people use it when raising the dead.

OLIVIA

Where’d you learn that? The movies?

DEAN

Experience.

A sudden crash. Dean and Olivia stare at the small altar. The wall behind it has crumbled and in steps the phantom dog. It leaps onto to altar and gives a terrible howl. Dean steps forward shakes the salt around himself and Olivia forming a protective circle.

DEAN

(repeating)

Terra, Ignis, Aqua…

The dog begins to slowly approach them down the center aisle.

EXT. CEMETARY.

We see the Chevy Impala and Sheriff Fort’s car come to a sliding stop outside the crooked metal gates.

EXT. CEMETARY, GRAVESIDE.

The sheriff, Susan and Sam are lowering the body into the grave. They hear a howling.

SAM

Hurry up!

Sam sprinkles holy water on the remains.

SAM

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es et in pulverem reverteris.

INT. CHURCH.

Dean and Olivia look increasingly terrified as the hell hound edges closer. Its muscles rippling in the moonlight as it ambles down the aisle. It approaches the ring of salt and stops. It sniffs the air. Growling it begins to paw at the earth, knowing it cannot yet reach the people inside. It raises its clawed paw to strike and then fades into dust. It worked!

EXT. CEMETARY, GRAVESIDE.

We see a top down view of Sam, Susan and Sheriff Fort shoveling earth into the grave.

EXT. CHRUCH, FRONT DOOR.

Dean and Olivia stumble out the front door. Dean looks at the damage the hound has caused to the church’s wooden front door. Huge burnt claw marks run the length and breath of the door.

DEAN

Man’s best friend my ass.
Booser
Posted: Jul 9 2006, 10:36 PM

Hunter

EXT. CEMETARY. DAY

Sheriff Fort is giving an interview to an assembled gathering of the press.

SHERIFF FORT

And so with keen god-given skills and good old fashioned detective work it is possible to solve any case, no matter how bizarre.

NEWS REPORTER

Sheriff how exactly was this grave robbery related to the recent deaths?

SHERIFF FORT

I cannot answer your question right now. I will be releasing that statement exclusively later on via another news source.

EXT. CEMETARY, GATES.

Susan, Olivia, Dean and Sam are watching the Sheriff’s statement.

SUSAN

So what should I tell him?

DEAN

Humour him.

SAM

Be creative.

SUSAN

(smiling)

See ya round guys.

(to Dean)

Take care of that antique of yours.

DEAN

A ’67 is not an antique!

SUSAN

(walking away)

Sure, it’s a classic. Whatever gets you through the day.

SAM

(to Dean)

Leave it.

OLIVIA

I can’t thank you guys enough. You saved my life.

DEAN

I think the lesson here is stay away from abandoned graveyards.

SAM

And dogs.

Dean looks at Sam.

SAM

(defensively)

I was always more of a cat person myself.

DEAN

Figures.

OLIVIA

Is it over now? I mean …for good?

DEAN

Hopefully. The purpose of a black hound was to ensure people respected the dead. Unfortunately I think that’s something that’s been lost over the years.

SAM

What he’s trying to say is – you’ve nothing to worry about.

Olivia smiles.

EXT. ROAD. EVENING

The Impala is driving out of town.

INT. IMPALA.

Sam is looking at a newspaper “The Evening Edition”. On the front page is the headline “ALIEN INVASION TWARTED! – SHERIFF LOCKS ALIEN OVERLORD IN DISGUISED SPACEPOD Exclusive by Susan Modeski”. He smirks.

DEAN

So when you say you’re a cat person….

SAM

Get your mind out of the gutter.

DEAN

(nods acceptingly)

So………………..got a bit hairy back there huh?

SAM

Are you gonna do this all the way back?

DEAN

I’m just saying we had a ruffffff time of things.

SAM

(stares at Dean for a while)

I’m getting my own car.

EXT. ROADWAY. TOWN LIMITS

The Impala speeds by. We see a road sign. Its says “You are now leaving Ravenness : Our friendship will always be by your side!”

Fade out.

CREDITS
« Next Oldest | Scripts | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0482 seconds · Archive