InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Stickadventureonline. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules IMPORTANT: NEW FORUM

The Stick Adventures Online forum is being moved to the main IfThen Software LLC forums at http://www.ifthensoftware.net/forums/

This is being done to enhance the security of the forum, improve the forum going experience of our users, and give the moderators high-tech tools to better combat spam and malicious users.

You will need to recreate your forum account at http://www.ifthensoftware.net/forums/ in order to post. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Creating new topics has been disabled on this forum to encourage people to use the new one. Account registration has also been disabled for the same reason. You will still be able to reply to existing topics on this forum for 1 month, hopefully this will ease your transition to the new forum.

If you have created a topic that was pinned, please recreate it on the new forum and we will pin it up again.

We'll see you there smile.gif.

IRCBot, The "official" thread
Eskeo
Posted: Sep 14 2008, 09:37 PM

Maker of IRCBot

Group: Members
Member No.: 315

IRCBot is a program I wrote in Ruby in order to make the job of the moderators' jobs easier. It's simply a program that acts like an SAO client, receiving data from the server just like yours, except that it sends that information to IRC. The moderators can see chat from SAO, and they can send chat to you. The bot sends chat from moderators like this:

IRCBot: [moderator's name]: [chat message]

In the example, [moderator's name] would be replaced by the name of the moderator, and [chat message] would be replaced by the message the moderator sends. For example, if I told IRCBot to send "Hello, world!" from IRC, it would look like:

IRCBot: Ace: Hello, world!

in SAO, because my nickname on IRC is Ace. If you see anyone talking through IRCBot, they are probably a moderator. Here's a list of people who are currently allowed to use the IRCBot:
  • InvisibleMan
  • GreyKnight
  • Myself (Ace)
  • pifreak
  • chilincheese
  • Roarman
If you see anyone else using IRCBot, tell an administrator, or tell me, or post in this topic with their name, and the time and date, and I'll check it out.

IRCBot's features:
  • Spam detection
  • Bot detection
  • "Warning" system
FAQ:

Q: Can you make ___ move?
A: IRCBot can do only what your client can, except for using moderator commands. The only things IRCBot can do that you can't are to kick people, and to give people experience points. (Edit: IRCBot can move now, but can't move anyone else.)

Q: Can you give me ___ exp?
A: Yes, yes I can. But if I do, I'll get banned, and IRCBot with me. You wouldn't want that, unless you're Dead9000.

Q: Can I use IRCBot?
A: Probably not. I'm not authorized to allow people to use IRCBot, you'll have to ask InvisibleMan if you can.

Q: Can you ban me?
A: Not exactly. Only InvisibleMan and GreyKnight (to my knowledge) can ban people, but I can put you on the auto-kick list, which is basically the same thing.

If you think of anything for me to add to this, just let me know, and if I approve it I'll add it.
Created Sep 14 2008, 9:37 PM by Acaceol(Eskeo)
Edited Sep 20 2008, 03:03 AM by Acaceol(Eskeo) -- List of features added.
Edited Sep 24 2008, 11:36 PM by Acaceol(Eskeo) -- IRCBot can move.

This post has been edited by Eskeo on Sep 24 2008, 11:36 PM
pifreak
Posted: Sep 14 2008, 09:57 PM

Stick Nobleman

Member No.: 312

Excellent.

Request to pin this, InvisibleMan.
Dead9000
Posted: Sep 14 2008, 11:51 PM

Stick Politician

Member No.: 234

QUOTE (pifreak @ Sep 14 2008, 04:57 PM)
Excellent.

Request to pin this, InvisibleMan.

I second that request.
Kageman
Posted: Sep 15 2008, 12:52 AM

Arrow pwnt!

Member No.: 532

QUOTE (Eskeo @ Sep 14 2008, 09:37 PM)
Q: Can you give me ___ exp?
A: Yes, yes I can. But if I do, I'll get banned, and IRCBot with me. You wouldn't want that, unless you're Dead9000.

I loled.
Anyway, yeah, I third pinning this.
InvisibleMan
Posted: Sep 15 2008, 03:57 PM

Stick Politician

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

*pinned*
Eskeo
Posted: Sep 20 2008, 03:00 AM

Maker of IRCBot

Member No.: 315

Updated.
Updated again.

This post has been edited by Eskeo on Sep 25 2008, 12:10 AM
Naruto8fox
Posted: Oct 9 2008, 01:58 AM

Stick Citizen

Member No.: 795

Lol, IRC is stuck in teh ground, lul laugh.gif
« Next Oldest | Game Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5011 seconds | Archive