the site rules
MAKE SURE TO READ IT ALL PLEASE
Welcome to St. Gabrielle’s! If you are reading this, hopefully you are interested in joining! The St. Gabes team is always accepting new members and is a great community for meeting other roleplays and having a good time. This site is simply here for fun and nothing else. If you have any questions about the site, simply post in the ‘Help’ thread, or on the c-box; chances are that someone will be available to answer.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING EVERYONE EXCEPT JUNIORS! This means you can join as a freshman, sophomore, senior, or teacher!
- Is for people who are 14 or older. If you are perhaps 13 and can prove you are mature enough to handle the site then you will be considered, but that is only for a few exceptions.
- Is an all boys school. (Sorry if that was not quite clear until now. But St. Gabrielle’s is infact an all male boarding school. No female characters permitted)
-Is for mature roleplayers, meaning that there may be explicit content on the site. You must use your better judgment on whether or not you feel comfortable here. We do not discriminate based on age but still be mature please.
- Is for literate roleplayers. Literate meaning that you are able to compose proper sentences, as well as post up to a paragraph per post.
- Takes place in the current time. Meaning that whatever date it is right now for us, it applies to the school.
- Is a non-fiction site. So no, your character can’t be a vampire with angel wings and red eyes, sorry!
- When first joining, please register with your character’s first and last name. Do not post an application unregistered please and thank you.
If you are joining as a teacher, please put a ‘Mr.’ in front of your name, and include your first and last. This is mandetory.
-If you quit the site, you may only re-join it again once. For example, if you decide you don't like it, quit, then come back again randomly, that is your last time. No more finicky people. We need dedicated members, not flakes.
Make only ONE account and do not make an account that is something like 'Stargirl2009' or whatever. You just make your character account, and that is IT. People have not been following this rule lately. Any other account will be deleted.
Example of what your registered name should look like
Student name: Leroy Smith
Teacher name: Mr. Lewis Richardson
- DO NOT JOIN WITH A USERNAME LIKE: Lol2kewl2009 or whatever. You only join with your character's FIRST and LAST name! I'm repeating this because people are STILL not following this rule!
- Before making your character, please check the ‘Character Claims’ section in order to make sure that you are not using the same playby as someone else.
- A character picture is mandatory, but not within the first week of joining for the sake of giving you time to find one. If you need help finding a good playby, please go to the Character Resource for help, or simply post in the ‘Help’ board for further assistance in either graphic help or finding a good character.
- After you are admitted, you are expected to post in the character claims section and the roleplayer bank section! I will remind you of this once your application is accepted.
- If you wish to room with someone on the assigned roommates list, simply ask and it can be arranged. Keep in mind however, both of you must want to room together, it cannot be one sided.
- You must create seperate accounts for all your characters.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- Because St. Gabrielle’s is a diverse community, we support all religions, ethnic groups, ages, and sexualities and do not discriminate against either you or your character.
-Under no circumstances may you join as a female. (However you may join as a transgender, transsexual, or genderqueer character who is biologically male)
- For your character’s signature, try not to make it larger than life!
- All character playbys must be real people! Sorry, no anime or drawings.
- Try to make your character as realistic as possible; no perfect characters. However, this doesn't mean give them every problem under the sun. Remember, be realistic!
- Multiple characters are only permitted to active members. It is encouraged you start off with one and over time you may add more. The limit right now with how many characters you can have at one time is six. If you THINK you can handle more and you want another one, you must get permission.
- If you are a new member, you may NOT make more than one character unless an admin/mod gives you permission. Otherwise, don't even think about it.
- Your character DOES NOT have to be gay to join.
OUTSIDE OF ROLEPLAYING
- Under no circumstances will any sort of cyber abuse or anything along those lines be tolerated. If there is a problem, it is best to bring it to me (Miki) rather than letting it escalate. If you are out of line, you will be warned, simple as that. The second time after your warning, your character(s) will be deleted and you will be IP banned. I should NEVER have to warn anyone and chances are I never will have to.
- Treat all your other roleplayers the way you would like to be treated.
- If you are going on vacation/going to be away for a short while, please post a thread in the ‘General Chat’ section so everyone knows when you are going to be gone.
- If you leave the site without warning and are not around for more than two weeks, it will not always be assumed that you are being inactive. If you are not on the site for more than a month, which would be plenty of time to get into contact with one of us; you will be sent an e-mail, and a week after that without a response, your account will be removed. The only way to prevent your account from being removed is to contact me (Miki).
- Please always respect your admins and we will return that respect to you.
-Racism/sexism/homophobia etc etc, will result in IP banning without warning.
- You may not post less than a paragraph when roleplaying unless there are special circumstances or you have SERIOUS writer’s block.
- All roleplays are in the THIRD PERSON. For example, ‘Richard loved pie, so much so he had a slice everyday’ would be the third person. Never will the roleplays take place in first or second person.
-Absolutely under no circumstances will godmoding be tolerated. Don’t do it.
- Please bear the simple roleplayer etiquette. (Not rushing the other person, not being rude to them because their character did something unfavorable, not insulting their character, etc.) You know all of this of course but reminders do help! If you have read the rules, please put ‘strawberries’ as your secret phrase on the application. Thank you.
That is all! Now off you go the character auditions!
♥ The St. Gabrielle's Staff