zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Sovereign CIC. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Testing the A4V Process, A way to practice?
MarushiaDark
Posted: Mar 31 2011, 01:02 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I was just listening to Ben Lowrey's interview with Douglas Riddle from the other day in which the two of them talk a bit about A4V and it really clarified a few things for me about what A4V actually IS. And then I got to thinking that there could be a really easy way to test whether A4V works and what the result looks like on the opposite end, so that we can know whether it does work in a particular situation or not.

Supposing I (for sake of argument) write an invoice to someone within the creditor movement (maybe Doug, for sake of argument) for a few dollars (less than $20 should work, right?) and then have that person A4V the invoice and send it to the IRS. My understanding is that doing this ought to settle the debt and the IRS will either credit my account or else send me a check or something to show that the debt has, in fact, been cleared. If this occurs, then I should receive some clear indication on my end that the debtor has indeed A4Ved the bill successfully.

For sake of practice, the debtor could send a request for a Statement of Account to me via registered mail and have a Notary sign a certificate of non-response if I fail to respond within a timely period. This would also be good practice for me, since I could then send a letter via registered mail with a Notarized Certificate of Mailing stating that I haven't yet received my credit.

After receiving such a credit, however, I could then submit a Statement of Account to the debtor (again, employing the same methods as above), showing that their bill has been paid in full. This would then indicate to the debtor as well that the process worked and they would know what to expect and what to look for, and also have some experience under their belt in how to do the A4V process.

If it doesn't work, then it's just practice and no one really gets into any major trouble with a creditor. As it's only a small amount of money (less than $20), it'd be relatively simple to do between any two persons. The most expensive part would be the mailing, really, which you could even do certified instead of registered; again, since it's only just practice and doesn't actually matter whether it's insured or not. You just need the time stamp on it.

To ensure fairness, the two persons could take turns A4Ving stuff back and forth, improving their processes until someone finally gets it right consistently and they can send correspondence back and forth critiquing each other's methods, explaining what they learned, etc. The credit you get for the bill could then go towards your notary and mailing costs. rolleyes.gif

So that's my idea for a practice game of A4Ving stuff. Again, if you mess up, there shouldn't really be any major issues (don't quote me on that, though, as the IRS is a fickle mistress). If anyone has any other thoughts regarding this, such as criticisms and ways to improve it, let me know.
« Next Oldest | Accepted for Value | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2518 seconds | Archive