InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 41: Some Kind of Drug
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 06:39 PM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 2

"That Demelza seems nice," Fiona said to Connor a few nights later, as he helped her dry the dishes, "but I thought you were interested in Katrina Monty."

"Not anymore," Connor said. "she's OK, but Demelza . . . "

"Hmmm," said Fiona, handing him a dish. "OK, honey, that's the last of it. Thanks for your help."

Connor went upstairs to his room, where surprise surprise Aidan was bouncing a tennis ball off the ceiling again.

"You know, that's why they invented tennis courts," said Connor.

"Whatever." The phone rang and Aidan sprang from the bed so fast Connor thought he might be attached to a string. "I'll get it!" he yelled.

Connor flopped down on his bed and heard his brother talking to someone on the phone. "Mom!" he called. "Can I go out tonight?"

Connor didn't hear his mom's reply. Whatever. He was going to see Demelza later, so what did he care what his lame little brother was up to? It was getting so if he didn't see Demelza he started to feel weird, almost queasy.

That must be what being in love felt like, he thought. Like the other person's a drug you can't get enough of.

But she didn't call. She had said she would, and then she didn't, and Connor was starting to feel sick to his stomach. Where was she? Why didn't she call? Eight o'clock, nine o'clock, no sign of her. His hands felt sweaty, his confusion turning to anger. Didn't she know she was his? How dare she not call? Every time he tried her number he got her machine. He'd been leaving longer and longer messages, to no avail.

Finally, he'd had enough. He snuck downstairs, past the bedrooms where his parents and sister slept. Aidan was out with his friends, but he'd left the car. Connor got in and started the engine.

He had to see her. Tonight.

Next Chapter

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Veronaville #4a: Children of Veronaville | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0977 seconds | Archive