Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 44: Suspicious Behavior
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Dec 2 2007, 07:32 PM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 2

"What are you doing?" Sebastian said. He had wandered upstairs after school to find his father's girlfriend, Eva, digging through Richard's dresser drawer.

"Looking for my scarf," she said. "I left it here. Not that it's any of your business."

"It's downstairs, on the bench. Dad folded it and left it there for you."

"Oh, silly me," she said, closing the drawer. "Thanks."

Sebastian watched her leave the room, then went to the drawer and opened it. It barely looked like anything had been disturbed. What was she, a cop? He followed her downstairs and saw her quietly shut a drawer in the hall table.

She was looking for something. But what? Sebastian snuck back upstairs and then walked down again, more loudly. She looked up.

"Found it." She held the bright red scarf aloft.

"Yeah, OK," he said.

"Tell Richard I have things to do tonight. I'll see him tomorrow."

The front door opened as she was speaking.

"Tell me yourself," said Richard.

"Richard!" She gave him a kiss. Sebastian rolled his eyes. "I was just leaving. Found my scarf, thanks."

"No problem," said Richard.

"Are you free tomorrow?" she asked. "There's a movie I'm dying to see."

"Yes, all right," he said.

"Great. See you later." She practically ran from the house.

Richard picked up Hera, the Doberman puppy, who had been playing with his shoelace and watched his girlfriend's retreating back, a thoughtful look on his face.

"I think she's up to something," Sebastian said. "I know it's not my business, but she was rifling through your drawers, Dad."

"Was she."

"She was here when I got home, and I surprised her. She was upstairs, alone."

"Hmmm," said Richard. "Sebastian, can you take care of Hera this evening? I suddenly feel the need to go out." He handed him the squirming puppy, who promptly licked Sebastian's nose.

"Sure, Dad."

"You'll be OK by yourself?"

"You said it yourself, all I do is watch TV. I'll put her to bed before dark. See you later."

Richard, distracted, nodded, and left the house.

Next Chapter

--------------------
Sacharissa
Posted: Dec 3 2007, 02:52 PM

Ghostwriter
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 8

Oh Eva, honey! Be careful! Richard can be one nasty enemy! But Im beginning to think, that if she plays her cards right, he could also be a most powerful friend!

--------------------

Current Quote
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather...
Not screaming in fear, like his passengers.

~ Anonymous ~
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Veronaville #4b: Behind the Scenes in Veronaville | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0678 seconds | Archive