Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Twelve
muffin-tacos
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 05:55 AM

Ridiculous Razmataz
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 4

TWELVE

When Nicole was woken up by her alarm clock, she woke with regret. It sucked at her soul like a demon, content on bringing her down. She desperately wanted to melt back into her dream again.

Why had she let Adam smooth talk her into cheating? This was as much his fault as her own. With his seductive, grey eyes and toned body... Somebody should put a warning stamp on his forehead to warn other girls.

Nicole got out of bed. There was no use moping around all day, like some Hollywood star. She had a life to live. And, after all, what did boys really matter? She still had her friends... Well, maybe not, considering the way they had acted the day before, but if that was the case she didn't need them either. She could get by on her own if she was forced to.

Nicole seemed cheery at breakfast with her dad. Her mother had already gone to work – president duties came before family in this household.

“Tamara's coming to visit over the weekend,” her dad explained.

Nicole looked up from her cereal. She and Tamara hadn't spoken since the last time they had been on the phone and they had argued about Nicole having an affair. Back then she thought that having an affair was cheeky, a joke. She had felt oddly grown up, boasting about it over the phone. Now she realised she should have listened to her sister and not acted like a brat about it.

The words 'What do you know, Tamara? You've never kissed anyone! You don't know what love is.' rang in her ears and she felt a stab of guilt.

“Cool,” she said to her father. “I look forward to it.”

It was a lie.

The self confidence she'd felt in the morning diminished the closer she got to school. She was literally fighting her nerves before she entered the building. She even stopped to take a deep breath to calm herself before she went in. Though she needn't have bothered because nobody showed her any interest as she walked to her locker. Everyone was too tired or stressed about coming to class on time to take notice of Nicole.

Her first class was PE and on her way there, she was hoping that everybody might have forgotten the rumours that had spread the previous day. As she got to PE, however, it was evident that this was not the case as the girls in the changing rooms gave her the cold shoulder.

The rest of the class was even worse. They were practising ballroom dancing for prom that was in a month. The boys were giving her looks, the girls were giving her even worse looks and nobody wanted to be her partner. It was as if the confidence she had felt earlier never existed.

Nicole felt humiliated when she was left without a partner. A couple of days ago, she would have been among the girls who were chosen first. Now she was next to last. Only Sandy Cane was chosen after her.

“Robert, why don't you team up with Nicole?” the teacher suggested.

“I'm afraid she'll cheat on me,” Robert said with a grin on his face. He looked around at his classmates and everyone laughed. Even Emily, who used to be Nicole's friend.

Nicole blushed terribly and fought back the tears.

“Calm down, class. That wasn't funny. Robert, I want to talk to you after this lesson,” the teacher said, but Nicole still heard the quiet sniggers behind her back.

After PE she told the teacher she was sick and went home. She couldn't handle this.

>> Next Chapter
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Jul 12 2010, 01:49 PM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Wow, those kids are vicious. I do not miss high school at all. huh.gif

--------------------
Lynet
Posted: Jul 12 2010, 04:06 PM

Where you at, Hon?
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Me, either. Can't imagine what Nicole can do about this. sad.gif

--------------------
The Return of Pharaoh Farrow He's human, but he's not from around here.

Andromeda Rose The mystery of the frozen planet

Catch the Wings of Morning Just pictures
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Saint Painted on Wood | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1897 seconds | Archive