InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 07: Gone
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Apr 13 2010, 05:42 PM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 2

Sakira was so tired but she had to eat so she rummaged through the cupboards, and found a box of chocolate biscuits. She heard a noise behind her and whirled around, half expecting to see Diego standing there, forgetting for a moment that he was dead.

It was just the cat, back from a night of prowling. She meowed at Sakira and hopped up on the counter.

Diego was dead. He was really gone. It was just her, her unborn child, and a cat, in a house in the woods. Sakira slid to the floor and started to sob big gulping tears, her entire body wracked with them, unable to stop. She would never see him again, and she missed him so much. She cried until she felt she was out of tears and then she cried some more. Her throat ached with it and her chest hurt and still she could not stop.

Shhhh, my love, said a voice in her head. Shhh, cara, please, stop.

"D-diego?" She looked up but she was alone.

Si, said the voice in her head. It is me.

"Where are you?" she looked around her.

I am here, always, with you.

"But you're dead."

Yes.

She started to cry again.

Sakira, please stop. You will make yourself ill.

"How do I know it's really you?"

She felt a caress, like someone touching her face. It is me.

"Why can't I see you?"

Would you like to?

'Yes."

And then he was there, though she could see through him, but it was definitely him. Tears streamed down her face.

"Diego, I'm s . . . sorry I didn't find you in time."

It isn't your fault. I had a debt to pay. The fault is mine, for ruining that young woman's life.

"I miss you," she said with a sob.

And I you. I am sorry I had to leave you.

"I didn't think ghosts could talk to people."

I was an empath. I still am. I'm not an ordinary ghost. I can talk to you, and touch you, though you won't feel it very much.

"Can you hold me?" She could barely get the words out.

Of course, my love. He slid to the floor beside her and she felt something, light as gossamer, surround her. She began to cry again. Shhhhh . . . shhhhh . . . it's OK. You're safe now.

"Did you send Demelza?" she asked after a while.

Si. I knew you were in trouble, but I cannot leave here so I sent her instead. We are connected somehow. I am not sure why.

"You're stuck here, in the woods?"

Yes, it would appear so.

Then so am I, she thought. And then another thought struck her. "Diego, my dad brought my mom back from the dead."

How is this possible? I thought he lost that power.

"He did, but he still managed it somehow, but he destroyed the machine. But maybe I can figure out what he did."

Diego was silent for a time.

"Diego?"

I am not sure I want you spending your energy trying to undo the past when you need to think of the future, he said finally. I died a good death. I am content.

"But--"

Leave it be, cara. We have each other still. I will be here as long as you need me.

Sakira was too tired to argue, so she nodded.

Our son is asleep, and so should you be. Go to bed now, my love. I will watch over you. I will see you soon.

"Our son? So you do believe it's yours?"

Si, I always did. I am sorry for those things I said. The witch put me under a spell and I was not thinking clearly.

"He's . . . different, you know."

Diego chuckled. He is the son of a vampire and the daughter of death, Sakira. I would be astounded if he was not.

She smiled. "Will I see you tomorrow?"

If you wish.

"Can you come out in the daylight?"

Si, but it is not as easy as in the night. But I will be here.

"I love you." Her voice wobbled but she was too tired to cry anymore.

I love you too, cara mia. Go to bed.

Sakira stumbled up the stairs and fell into her bed, asleep before her head hit the pillow. She did not dream, but all night long she could feel his arms around her, light as cobwebs.

Next Chapter

--------------------
Lynet
Posted: Apr 13 2010, 06:00 PM

Where you at, Hon?
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

So Diego's still in the story. Cool! As a ghost! I wonder how much he can do as a ghost.

--------------------
The Return of Pharaoh Farrow He's human, but he's not from around here.

Andromeda Rose The mystery of the frozen planet

Catch the Wings of Morning Just pictures
yetyak
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 11:16 AM

Slogan Writer

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

This one made me cry. How sweet they are.
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 11:31 AM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Thank you. I got more than a little misty, writing it, so it's nice to know you were affected as well.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Veronaville #8b: Fairy Tales | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0871 seconds | Archive