InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 55: At the Cemetery
muffin-tacos
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 11:08 AM

Ridiculous Razmataz
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 4

WIDBODE: LIFE THROUGH A VAMPIRE’S EYES

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE:

At the Cemetery

Ever since the vampires had taken over Widbode, not many people dared to visit the cemetery. At least not after the sun had gone down. Not many people had liked to visit the cemetery before the vampires came either. Rumour had it that the place was haunted.

That was why Teyla decided to approach the graveyard with extra caution. She opened the heavy, iron gate and followed the lit path the lanterns made to a bench by the lake. Teyla was extremely relieved to see that Arabella was already sitting there next to her humungous flowery handbag.

user posted image

“Do you believe in ghosts?” Teyla asked, moving the bag and sitting down next to her.

Arabella jumped and put a hand on her chest. “Goddess, you scared me. I didn’t hear you coming.”

Teyla smiled and patted Bella’s shoulder lightly.

“You can thank the vampirism for that.”

They both looked out over the black lake in silence. Teyla yawned, just for something to do. She had slept well during the day in Armin’s coffin so she wasn’t the slightest bit tired. But Bella didn’t know that. Teyla tingled at the memory of it and she had to smile a little.

“You look good.” Arabella said, not taking her eyes off the lake. “As good as a vampire can look anyway. You don’t look.... dead.”

“Um... thanks.”

Arabella took Teyla’s hand in her own and stared into her pale face. Teyla had to stop herself from wincing at the sudden warmness of Arabella’s hand. She had just started getting used to the coldness of being a dead.

“Teyla,” Arabella said seriously, “you don’t have to do all this for me.”

“I know.”

“I know you know, but I just don’t want you to be in all this danger because of me.”

“Who are you and what have you done with my nanny?” Teyla said suspiciously, but she didn’t let go of Bella’s hand.

Arabella smiled sadly.

“I’m serious, Teyla. If you want to, we can turn you back.”

Now Teyla let go of her hand and stared at Arabella with a look of mixed surprise and admiration.

“But the plan...”

“Oh, forget the plan.” Arabella snapped. “If you don’t want to be a vampire anymore, we’ll turn you back.”

Teyla just blinked at her.

user posted image

user posted image

After a few moments of silence (well, if you could call crickets screeching in the background silence...), Teyla took Arabella’s hand again, “I didn’t come back to rescue Waswauld, Bella, I came back to rescue Widbode. And if rescuing Widbode means being a vampire, then I’m damn right going to be a vampire!”

A small smile appeared on Arabella’s thin lips.

“That’s what I like about you, Teyla. You’re so headstrong!”

user posted image

Teyla shrugged and waved a hand at Arabella bashfully. It wasn’t everyday you got a complement like that from Arabella Bibbles.

“Well, what can I say? I learned from the best.”

This made Bella’s smile stretch across her face even more, a dimple appearing in her left cheek. It was a while anyone had seen that dimple…

“You sure did.” She said. “Now for the real reason you’re here...”

>> Next Chapter
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Widbode: Life Through a Vampire's Eyes | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0490 seconds | Archive