zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 88: The Return
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Oct 24 2008, 07:58 PM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 2

"They're coming!" Olivia Fenwick shouted, hurrying toward the camp, her twin sister close behind. "We saw them!"

Madison's heart leapt to her throat. Please let him be all right, please let him be all right. She started to walk through the woods, and then she started to run. She wasn't alone. And there they were, the prince at the front with the former governor beside him, driving the mule cart and a long line of soldiers behind. Madison and the others stopped and watched, anxious.

A broom swooped down from above, carrying two people and Caprice Rostanov hopped off the second it came to a stop, hurrying toward the cart as Thestia Monty waved her hand, making the broom disappear. Logan reached down and scooped Caprice up next to him, holding her in his arms and kissing her.

Aidan, where are you? And then she saw him, walking upright, holding a stretcher, upon which lay--

She ran toward them, her heart pounding. "Is he--"

"He'll be OK, thanks to Sakira," Aidan said, looking grave. "But it was pretty bad. She had to tend to him again in the woods."

Behind them walked Caleb Summerdream, carrying Sakira in his arms. She was asleep.

Connor's face was paler than she'd ever seen it, his body still as death under the blanket. Katrina looked like she'd aged five years in the past few hours. Madison fell into step beside Aidan.

"Can I help?"

"Just having you here helps," he said. "I wanted to ask you something if I made it out of here alive. I promised myself I'd do it the second I saw your face. But this wasn't how I wanted to do it."

"Just ask her," Takeo said. "Sheesh."

"You want me to ask her, huh."

"Yes!" Both his cousins said at once.

"Marry me," he said. "I know it's probably too soon and we should be sensible and all that but I already know that you're the person I want walking beside me for the rest of my life."

"Yes," she said.

"Yes?" His face broke into a huge smile.

"Yes," she said again.

Edgar walked up and nudged Aidan. "I'll take over," he said, grabbing the stretcher. "kiss her already, you idiot."

Aidan pulled Madison into his arms and kissed her as all around them the other rebels cheered and laughed.

Next Chapter

--------------------
Lynet
Posted: Oct 25 2008, 09:11 AM

Where you at, Hon?
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Now, I really wish there were pictures. *sigh*

Thank goodness, anyway. I don't know what the toll is, but I hope everyone is OK.

--------------------
The Return of Pharaoh Farrow He's human, but he's not from around here.

Andromeda Rose The mystery of the frozen planet

Catch the Wings of Morning Just pictures
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Oct 25 2008, 10:58 AM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

I do have some good pictures of Aidan and Madison. I'll give them their own photo album soon so you can see.

In the meantime, have a kiss.

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
Lynet
Posted: Oct 26 2008, 05:07 PM

Where you at, Hon?
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

They are definitely a nice pair. I bet they have gorgeous kids.

--------------------
The Return of Pharaoh Farrow He's human, but he's not from around here.

Andromeda Rose The mystery of the frozen planet

Catch the Wings of Morning Just pictures
Sacharissa
Posted: Oct 27 2008, 08:10 AM

Ghostwriter
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

That scene made me smile! What a great couple...and I agree with Lynet - those two should have GORGEOUS children! (And the AMAZING SBW Gene Pool carries on! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Current Quote
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather...
Not screaming in fear, like his passengers.

~ Anonymous ~
muffin-tacos
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 04:02 PM

Ridiculous Razmataz
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Nothing brings two people so quickly together as a war.

--------------------
user posted image
"I am not afraid... I was born to do this" -- Joan of Arc
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Veronaville #6b: Friends, Lovers, and Enemies | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0918 seconds | Archive