InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 08: Flight
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Aug 25 2008, 10:51 AM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 2

It was the next morning and Connor and Katrina had left. Cecily sat at the counter watching Charles make pancakes, afraid to speak and break the fragile truce that had arisen between them. She felt as if she was hovering on the edge of a precipice with her demons behind her and a leap into the unknown ahead. She wasn't sure which scared her more.

All she knew was, she had to get out of here. She smiled at Charles as he set a plate of pancakes in front of her, Cecily the actress back on the job. "Thanks. I'm starving." She was surprised to find it was true for a change.

They ate in silence that was broken by her cell phone, which she snatched up gratefully. Thorn. "Excuse me," she said to Charles, getting up and moving away. "Hello?"

"Oh, Cecily, it's just awful." Thorn's voice was barely understandable through her tears. "He's going to marry that awful shrew. I can't believe it. I thought it was temporary."

"Slow down, honey. Are you sure?"

"Amanda got an invitation," Thorn said with a hiccup. "He doesn't love her, Cec. He told me so. I thought we were getting back together."

"Do you want me to meet you somewhere?" Perfect. An escape route that doesn't look like I'm just running away.

"Yeah, that would be nice. Can you meet me at the Caramel?"

"I can be there in half an hour. See you then." She hung up and turned back to Charles, who was washing the dishes. "Charles? That was Thorn. She's really busted up over Drew's engagement to Emily. I need to go see her."

"Whatever you need to do, Cecily," he said, not looking at her. She knew he saw right through her but she didn't care. She was desperate to escape before she did something stupid. She would never fall in love again. She couldn't take another heartache. Charles was the most dangerous person in the world to her right now. Even Jack would be better.

Katrina wouldn't mind if she borrowed one of her shirts. She shoved her dirty one into her tote and left a note saying she'd return the shirt, then called a cab before taking a quick shower and throwing on the shirt and her jeans.

"Bye, Charles!" she called, then, feeling bad, she turned back and said quietly, "and thanks."

He looked at her and nodded once, and she was free.

Next Chapter

--------------------
Roux
Posted: Aug 25 2008, 12:30 PM

Paperback Writer

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

Even Jack would be better.

That's a frightening thought. Cecily, wake up and smell the hot man! He cooks for you!!!

--------------------
"Danger? I laugh in the face of danger. And then I hide until it goes away."

"I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know."
Lynet
Posted: Aug 25 2008, 06:18 PM

Where you at, Hon?
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

LOL, Roux.

And Cecily! Durnit, Girl! You make me want to smack you up side the head (as they say in these parts. tongue.gif )

--------------------
The Return of Pharaoh Farrow He's human, but he's not from around here.

Andromeda Rose The mystery of the frozen planet

Catch the Wings of Morning Just pictures
Sacharissa
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 08:16 AM

Ghostwriter
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

He looked at her and nodded once, and she was free.

Oh baby...I'm not so sure that's true. I suspect you've been well and truly hooked and just haven't realized it yet!

--------------------

Current Quote
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather...
Not screaming in fear, like his passengers.

~ Anonymous ~
muffin-tacos
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 03:17 AM

Ridiculous Razmataz
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Roux @ Aug 25 2008, 08:30 PM)
Cecily, wake up and smell the hot man! He cooks for you!!!

happy0007.gif Roux, that was awesome. He cooks for you. biggrin.gif

And, yes, Cecily really needs to get some things sorted. I don't think she can be with Charles until she's sorted these things out, but the thing is, a man can only take so much and still be willing to take back the girl who stomped on him so many times... I sense a lot of trouble and heartbreak is going to happen before Cecily and Charles can ever be together.

BTW, I'm rooting for Charles and not Diego. Sure, he might be broken, too, but I don't get why he'd hurt Cecily this much if he truly loved her as much as he thinks he does.

--------------------
user posted image
"I am not afraid... I was born to do this" -- Joan of Arc
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Veronaville #6b: Friends, Lovers, and Enemies | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1673 seconds | Archive