Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 11: Proving It
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Nov 19 2007, 05:39 PM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 2

Romeo was in a bad mood so he started picking on Tybalt. He hated the sight of the guy. Since they were kids they'd been at each other's throats, and now that they were in the same dorm ...

But Tybalt didn't fight back. Romeo pushed him again and Tybalt held up his hands.

"Whassa matter, chicken all of a sudden?" Romeo said.

"No," Tybalt said.

Romeo pushed him. "Then fight, darn you."

"You WANT your face pushed in?" Tybalt said. "Not that that wouldn't improve it."

"That's it," Romeo said, and jumped him. But no matter how hard he hit Tybalt did not hit him back. He curled up in a ball and shielded his head with his arms. "Come on, fight, you big baby!"

"Stop it!" Nora pulled at Romeo, trying to move him. One of his punches sent her sprawling.

Tybalt jumped up and punched Romeo in the face. "No one hits my woman," he said, and proceeded to pound on Romeo.

"Stop it! Both of you! Just STOP IT!" Nora screeched. "Tybalt, stop it!"

Tybalt stopped. Romeo hit him in the face, bloodying his nose, and Nora stepped between them.

"Stop it," she said.

"Stay out of this, Nora," Romeo said.

"Or what? You'll hit me again?"

"You don't want to get in the middle of this," he said.

"Too late."

"Come on, you big yellabelly, fight me," Romeo said.

"No," Tybalt said, putting his hands on Nora's shoulders. "I promised the lady I wouldn't."

Romeo stared at him in disbelief, then laughed. "You went and got yourself whipped. My woman knows better."

"Don't be too sure of that," Juliet said, looking angry.

"Look at your face," Nora said, sitting Tybalt down on her bed. "you're a mess." She opened the first aid kit she'd taken from the hall closet and started cleaning him up. "I don't think your nose is broken."

He took her hands in his. "Nora, stop."

"But, you're all bloody ... "

"I've been hurt a lot worse than this," he said. "This is nothing."

She frowned. "I hate that."

He kissed her hands. "And I love that you hate that. I love you, Nora. I don't think I've ever loved anyone, except maybe my sister Hermia. You'd like her."

She smiled. "I'm sure."

"I tried not to fight him. You saw how hard that is."

She sighed. "I know."

"Did you mean it?"

"Mean what?"

"That it was too late."

She bit her lip and her eyes slid sideways.

"Nora."

She looked at him. "Yes. But .... "

"We can make this work."

"We can?"

"Peace won't happen overnight. But with you on my side--"

"You're going to inherit the family, aren't you. I mean when your grandfather ... "

"Yeah, I'm afraid so. But that can be a good thing."

She sighed.

"We can change things, you and I," he said. "With great power comes great responsibility."

"Who are you, Spider Man?"

He smiled. "No, but I'm your man. If you want me."

And God help her, she did.

Next Chapter

--------------------
muffin-tacos
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 04:17 AM

Ridiculous Razmataz
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Tybalt jumped up and punched Romeo in the face. "No one hits my woman," he said, and proceeded to pound on Romeo.

I just have to say that I LOVE that line!! It makes me laugh every time. Men, eh? biggrin.gif Well done, SBW.

--------------------
user posted image
"I am not afraid... I was born to do this" -- Joan of Arc
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 11:18 AM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Thanks. It's nice to see people are rereading my old stuff! Makes me feel all warm and cozy. tongue.gif

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Veronaville #1: Once Upon a Time in Veronaville | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0679 seconds | Archive