Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 01: The Mistakes We Make
Surprised_by_Witches
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 02:42 PM

Legendary Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 2

The first time, it had been all his fault. He sought her out, he got himself into more than he could handle, he became something foul and evil and dragged his siblings into it. His fault. You could argue that he was a product of his environment, that he basically raised himself since the age of five and therefore could hardly be expected to have any sort of moral compass, but Declan Patrick had never held with such bullshit. You became a man, you took responsibility for your own actions. End of story.

But this time the choice had been another's. If Declan had had his way he'd still be among the living, still have friends and a mortgage and real responsibility. Still be near his children. God, he missed them. He felt worst about Cecily, who still needed her father more than his two mostly grown sons did. He hoped Connor was able to fill that gap, however slightly. He prayed his sons were looking out for her. A young woman on her own was vulnerable. Cecily, I'm so sorry.

And yet, this was his fault too. He had reaped what he had sown. No one to blame but numero uno. If he hadn't turned Gareth, Gareth wouldn't have turned him. So, way to go. Good job, Dec.

But if he hadn't been a vampire all those years he wouldn't be the man he was today. He would have died of drink or overwork or some disease half a millennium ago, and would never have met the love of his life, never fathered her children, never found the peace and happiness of the past twenty years.

Which brought him to his present day problem. He felt he'd been absolved, weirdly, with this second turning. Everything had come full circle. His family had each other and he was once again the outsider he had always seemed fated to be. So be it.

But turning Fiona may have been the biggest mistake of all.

Next Chapter

--------------------
Mirelly
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 03:14 PM

Genie Arse
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Uh oh ...! scared2.gif

--------------------

WHY DO THEY CALL IT AUTOMATIC, WHEN YOU HAVE TO PRESS A BUTTON TO START IT?

Download My Stuff
Roux
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 05:28 PM

Paperback Writer

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

Oh, poor Fee. And poor Declan for carrying so much guilt on his shoulders...

--------------------
"Danger? I laugh in the face of danger. And then I hide until it goes away."

"I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know."
Sacharissa
Posted: Jul 19 2008, 08:02 AM

Ghostwriter
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Roux @ Jul 18 2008, 06:28 PM)
Oh, poor Fee. And poor Declan for carrying so much guilt on his shoulders...

No one does guilt like SBW! (Remember the Romeo story line?) Looking forward to more pain and angst as only SBW can produce!!!

--------------------

Current Quote
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather...
Not screaming in fear, like his passengers.

~ Anonymous ~
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Veronaville #6b: Friends, Lovers, and Enemies | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1390 seconds | Archive