InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to WAYWARD INK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Chapter 32: Welcome Home, Stranger
muffin-tacos
Posted: Nov 22 2007, 09:25 AM

Ridiculous Razmataz
Group Icon

Group: Scribes
Member No.: 4

WIDBODE: LIFE THROUGH A VAMPIRE’S EYES

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:

Welcome Home, Stranger

“You shouldn’t have come.” Was all her mother could say when Teyla stepped inside her old home. Well, this was better than the gob smacked look she had gotten earlier, Teyla thought. That had just been embarrassing.

“Why shouldn’t I have come?”

“Your father...” her mother began but was interrupted by an excited Chase rushing down the stairs noisily.

“I saw you from my window and I thought it couldn’t be you, but it was!” Chase cried and threw himself at her, nearly knocking her off her feet.

“That’s one way of saying hello.” Teyla laughed and hugged her brother. “I’ve missed you, squirt.”

She ruffled his long blond hair like she used to do when they were little. The only problem was that her little brother was not quite so little anymore. In fact, he was taller than her now and the hair-ruffling didn’t have quite the same effect as it used to.

“How’ve things been while I was gone? Found yourself a sweetheart yet?”

Teyla winked and nudged Chase. Behind her she heard her mother cough, obviously embarrassed at the way her adult children were acting.

Teyla and Chase chose to ignore her.

“Well there is this one girl but –” Chase fell silent when he saw the tall figure gliding across the room.

The hairs on the back of Teyla’s neck prickled unpleasantly at the coldness that had just entered the room. Shivers ran up her spine and she shuddered.

Rafael Ivanova looked as intimidating as ever. His amber eyes flashed at the site of her and a wicked smile stretched across his dead face, his sharp fangs glittered in the dim candle light.

“Ah, so you came, daughter.” He said in a cold voice that made Teyla’s skin crawl. “And you’re one of us I see.”

Teyla had never been so relieved in her life and she silently thanked the vampire that had turned her. The thought of this... thing... biting her was disgusting. She would rather have been burned on a stake than be turned by something so vile.

Teyla glared at Rafael, her lips pressed together in a thin line on her face. If she opened her mouth now she might say something that she later would regret.

Rafael knew this and smiled triumphantly.

The room was deathly quiet. Nobody even breathed –– well, that made sense since they were all undead. Everybody was waiting for someone to say something. The very uncomfortable was interrupted –– to everyone’s great relief, except for maybe Rafael’s –– by Waswauld Bibbles, who had just entered the room.

Teyla made eye contact with him and smiled, but old Waswauld didn’t look the slightest bit happy to see her. Maybe living with Rafael and vampirism had changed him. Either way, he avoided her eyes for the rest of the night.

“You must be tired,” her mum said suddenly, grabbing Teyla’s shoulder and making Chase jump. “Waswauld will show you to one of the guest rooms under ground.”

“Can’t I sleep in my old room?” Teyla said hopefully.

“No,” Her mother said sternly. “That room is being… used for something else.”
Her mother exchanged looks with Rafael, who’s expression was unreadable. Teyla narrowed her eyes suspiciously. She would definitely be checking out her old room later. But she followed Waswauld down the stairs and into the basement without another word.

Snooping around could wait till later. Right now she had to use the time she had with Waswauld to her advantage, if everything was going to go according to plan…

>> Next Chapter
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Widbode: Life Through a Vampire's Eyes | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2321 seconds | Archive