InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Seed. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Gameplay Suggestions
Andr01d
Posted: Dec 25 2007, 10:53 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Welcome! I made this forum (as advised by sparky242 on newgrounds), as a place for you to put your suggestions! You probably didn't get here out of nowhere, so you know what it's about, but if you don't:

Seed
sparky242
Posted: Dec 26 2007, 04:03 AM

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2

Wow ^.^ Thanks for taking my suggestion biggrin.gif I never knew someone would actually listen.

sparky242
Posted: Dec 26 2007, 08:50 AM

I don't think those are the kinds of suggestions Andr01d asked for, but if they are:

How about insects/birds? o.o
sparky242
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 11:32 PM

You can right-click the game to change the quality.
Andr01d
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 07:04 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (SahBeh @ Dec 26 2007, 05:30 AM)
I have a couple of suggestions-
1. ability to save flowers as pictures.
2. backgrouds. ( maybe like a garden patch or just grass- the white does get a little boring)
3. music ( this might be tricky to get something everyone likes so maybe just some calm music. Or have a couple and let people choose)
4. maybe even a "speed up" mode for evole o matic...
But great job so far. Really cool game. biggrin.gif laugh.gif smile.gif People are really making some wonderful creations from this. I cant think of anything for the flowers themselves, but Ill let you know when I do.

~SahBeh

* Im not sure about 123... It might lag or something.... I dont know... blink.gif

Good suggestions, I was actually thinking of the 'saving flowers as pictures' thing. But Flash itself doens't allow that.

Speed up mode? biggrin.gif Cool idea ^^ I'll work on all those things, maybe for seed v2? biggrin.gif
Andr01d
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 07:06 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (EMDF @ Dec 27 2007, 08:54 PM)
I like Morigale's idea for saving the flowers. Maybe have 3-10 save slots where you can save individual flowers in a cookie? That would be nice.

a couple of suggestions:
  • ability to change quality. I'm pretty sure people that have tweaked the DNA found that the game lags horribly on the bigger flowers. Putting a low quality option would allow those of us with lower-end computers to still view and play the game, and a medium-quality option for those of us that can handle low good enough, but not high.
  • instead of the little "error flower", have a little message saying the DNA is invalid (that way, people won't think that the blue square flower is the result of DNA tweaking)
  • music/sound. This might be a hard one as finding a good music loop that doesn't annoy after 5 minutes, and fits with the overall feel of the game isn't easy. For sound, I mean some little sound when you evolve/plant/buy a flower. If you implement sound and/or music, please give us the option to turn them off.
  • a little help screen. Maybe this could explain what was in the beginning splash screen, as well as what you've put in the author's comments section (shift-clicking for one).
  • the elements. Wind, rain, and sunshine could all be reflected by hitting a button.
  • shop previews. In the shop section, I notice you have a little space after the "cubey" flower. In that little space, maybe a little picture preview could display on a mouseover of one of the flowers.

So what effect were you thinking for rain/sun/wind?

In seed v2, I want to make the flowers kind of wave and move in the wind, do you mean more of a gameplay effect? or just aesthetics?

And about music: I never submitted to NG before, I'm not really familiar with music/sounds. It seemed really hard to make my own sounds, that really fit, so I just kinda left it out happy.gif.
Glorgan
Posted: Dec 31 2007, 06:39 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

My own list of suggestions would include:
  • more flowers in the shop: I would love more, unique flowers in the shop, with more varying qualities. Also, take the boxing-dahlia out of the shop, while it is nice, it is just a crossbreed of the dahlia and the cubeflower.
  • ability to save flowers: If I make a flower I really like, I would love to be able to save it, and build more of it, possibly by going to the shop, and pressing a button that says "custom flowers" which will open a list.
  • As peviously suggested, some sort of button to speed the game (so you don't wait for flowers to grow, they just pop up)
  • Some sort of survival statistic, i.e. so that the evolvomatic is more likely to choose certain flowers for breeding (possibly based on how well it camoflauges)
  • I think this was mentioned on Newgrounds, but leaves.

Anyways, great game! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait for v2
sparky242
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Glorgan @ Dec 31 2007, 06:39 PM)
My own list of suggestions would include:
  • more flowers in the shop: I would love more, unique flowers in the shop, with more varying qualities. Also, take the boxing-dahlia out of the shop, while it is nice, it is just a crossbreed of the dahlia and the cubeflower.
  • ability to save flowers: If I make a flower I really like, I would love to be able to save it, and build more of it, possibly by going to the shop, and pressing a button that says "custom flowers" which will open a list.
  • As peviously suggested, some sort of button to speed the game (so you don't wait for flowers to grow, they just pop up)
  • Some sort of survival statistic, i.e. so that the evolvomatic is more likely to choose certain flowers for breeding (possibly based on how well it camoflauges)
  • I think this was mentioned on Newgrounds, but leaves.
Anyways, great game! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait for v2

Flash cannot write files itself.
TheResearchInstitute
Posted: Jan 1 2008, 09:18 PM

Member No.: 4

Flash cannot write files itself.

There is that thing Flash can do which is... comparable to a cookie in a browser, but I have no idea what it is called.
Alphadex
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 02:51 PM

Member No.: 7

I would like to see a setting where you can adjust the mutation rate.

Also more genes!

Great game, i love it!!!
Andr01d
Posted: Jan 28 2008, 11:48 AM

Administrator

Thank you guys! Just wanted to let you know that I *am* reading this!!

TheResearchInstitute
Posted: Jan 31 2008, 07:26 PM

Member No.: 4

I play it in Firefox, but it can get quite high-demand at times: it has occasionally killed my browser, too wink.gif. The seed-burst animation at the beginning of a plant's life can slow things down quite a bit.
« Next Oldest | Seed | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2261 seconds | Archive