Registration & Applications
- Please register as your character. Doctors should register as Dr. Lastname. Patients should register with first and last name.
- This is a mature site; you must be 17 or older to join. In addition, your character must be the equivalent of 16 human years to be admitted. Doctors should be the equivalent to twenty-seven human years or older.
- The mental health profile is part of the application process for patients; it is optional for doctors. Patients must fill out both the application and the MHP before you can be accepted.
- Within three days of registering, please have your application submitted. If you don't, you will be sent a PM, and after two more days, your account will be deleted. If your application is not complete, write [pending] in the title bar. Be sure to remove it once it is complete.
- Claims must be filled out correctly and you must be accepted before you can roleplay.
- You must have 25 posts which each character before applying for a new one unless you have admin approval.
- No Mary Sues. No Marty Stus. End of story. If you donít know what the means, look it up.
- Vegetarianism is not a disorder. Neither is not wanting to harm/eat humans or any other creature. Also, vampires do not shine in the sun. They burn. Please keep this in mind.
- Try to be as realistic as possible. We realize that, considering this is a magical-based roleplay, not everything is physically possible in the real world. But please, please use common sense. This is a mental hospital. Paper clips, wands, knives and other things that would be prohibited in any mental hospital wonít be easy to come by here. The fun is in making your character work for the things s/he wants, not in giving them whatever they want.
- In-Character sanctions may be imposed for in-character things (e.g. Solitary confinement for patients, demotion of nurse/doctors, etc.)
- Do not roleplay in first person and/or present tense. Third person past tense only. Thank you.
- Act mature Out-of-Character as well as whenever you deal with other characters. Please remember that the expressed view of a character is not necessarily the view of the writer. Be polite.
- No God-modding. Don't control other people's characters. Don't make your character super-whatever for no reason. Do not make your character do something they normally wouldn't because of OOC knowledge. If this is seen, please notify an admin and we will deal with the person in the appropriate manner. Do not do it. Also, remember the realism rule.
- Put [Open] in your topic description if it's an open thread. If not, assume it's closed and ask before posting.
- Please use proper grammar and spelling. We ask that you try to post at least 100 words every post. Thatís not a lot, and if you canít handle it, this isnít the site for you.
- Killing/Maiming characters. Anything that cannot be healed in a week counts as serious injury; you must have permission from the character's owner in order to do this!
- Put ((brackets like these for out of character))
- If you plan on writing Sex or if you end up writing sex, put an [M] in the thread topic. If you can't figure out how, ask an Admin.
- Stick to posting order. It's rude to not to.
- Be active. At least once every 2-3 days, that means actually posting in an active thread with your character.
- If you are planning on going away for a long period of time, let an Admin know and whomever you are roleplaying with by PM. It wouldn't hurt to post in the going away thread. If the Admin does not have you on the LOA list, PM immediately.
- There will be activity checks. These checks will span one week, and are REQUIRED. If you do not post in an activity check, you will be counted as inactive. If you are on a Leave of Absence with no set time to return, you will be safe for one activity check.
- After three failed activity checks, your character will be banned from the site for site ditching.
- Please use general etiquette on the board and in the C-Box.
- This means no harassing, no solicitation, and no double posting.
- If you would like to advertise, please go to the proper section and post it there. We are willing to affiliate.
- When affiliating, please post a small graphic so we can add you to the affiliates bar.
- Advertising is guest friendly, so please don't create an account just to advertise.
- Be polite in the C-Box. This includes no In Character RPing, no harassing, no flaming, and no advertising. You want to advertise, go to the proper place.
This is your warning system.
1- Strike one, a friendly and nice PM informing you of what you did wrong and what you can do to fix it. You will get this either for behavioral reasons or for ignoring past PM's about important issues.
2- Strike two, less friendly PM explaining to you what you did wrong and also informing you that this is your second warning and that you are expected to comply.
3. Third strike, if this was baseball you would be out right now. Seeing as how this might be your last warning suits well. You will get a blunt PM from both the Admins telling you exactly what you are doing wrong and what you have to do to fix it in order stay.
4- Fourth strike, the fact that you actually made it this far surprises us. But either way, welcome to the "Write your character death" this is where you will get to write your characters death, and your character will be deleted from the site. You will be suspended for a amount of time decided by the admins. When the time is up, you may come back, but you have to make a different character. We will be watching you and it will be harder to get accepted.
5-Fifth strike. Congratulations, you're banned. Not just your characters but also you IP address. This is permanent, unless you can really kiss up to a mod or admin to vouch for you. Good luck in getting back, seriously, because I doubt that it will happen.