plot it up, guys. i love
putting my characters in
awkward and humiliating
new and interesting scenarios and i'm basically open to anything you can dream up. shyness not allowed.
this is gala. she's always been kind of a stone-hearted, conceited, (but lyk, totally hawt) bitch. she was left in saffron all alone by her husband parker, the only person she was ever really close to, so she's kind of like a lost puppydog right now. an angry
lost puppydog. with rabies. her temper is at its all time worst, she's sad when she's alone, and she's only happy when she's drunkenly playing the guitar in her home, alone. someone do something about her, yes?
goals for gala//
- catfight: it's bound to happen, right?
- non-committal one-night-something: she just lost a husband, she's upset, all that's needed is some vodka and a pretty boy.
- stormy weather: gala's drop-dead terrified of thunder/lightning, so it would be awesome if she were stuck somewhere with someone during one. the humility!
- get a job: seriously, i don't know how she's going to pay for her house if i don't find one for her soon. if anyone's got an opening...
- make some friends: she really needs some. REALLY. even just one friend.
- make some enemies: another bound to happen.
- spill sorrows: get drunk and spill her depressing, angsty, angry life story to someone.
- from way up here: she's terrified of heights. need i say more?
this is penelope. she's a blacksmith and a miner and pretty friggin' buff for a girl, which she totally hates. she was raised by all-male influences so she acts a lot like one (fails at talking about feelings, won't ask for directions, etc.). secretly, she's in love with stuffed animals, frills, and anything and everything cute, but since she has always been considered "one of the guys", she doesn't feel like she can admit that to anyone.
goals for penelope//
- bar fight: she's manly, she's burly, she's tough. getting in a bar fight (preferably with a guy) would be super fun (for us rpers).
- arachnophobia: penelope's deathly afraid of spiders. she won't admit this to anyone and she won't show it around anyone either, so walk in on her shrieking an stuff -- will be fun.
- mining incidents: could be a cave-in, getting stuck in a cave for the night for whatever reason, etc. etc.
- best fraanz: she needs to meet more people. girl friends and guy friends alike, though i'm hoping to get more guy friends to plop her into their "one of the guys" friend zone type thing.
- enemies?: if anyone hates masculine tomboyish girls, then be my guest.
- a crush: penelope's never actually had a boyfriend. her childhood crush lasted her until she moved away from home so it would be fun to see her be all fumbly around a guy. not like a huge almost-love crush, but a sort of OHEMGEE THAT GUY IS NICE AND CUTE AND EEE sort of crush -- it won't last forever and you don't have to make any commitments, i promise.
- ee, the horror: she hates horror movies/spooky/ethereal things, so if someone (a future friend, maybe) convinced her to watch a scary movie or go into the witch's house in the woods... yeah, i love exploiting my characters' fears.
- got an idea?: let me know, we'll make it happen.
this is elijah. he's super smart and logical and mathematical and was once a a big/mean/powerful banker figure in his old city. his history is tl;dr so in short: shit happened, he wasn't happy, was afraid that being successful would never
make him happy, ran away from his materialistically perfect life and has come to saffron to hide. now, he makes peace as a lazy, lackadaisical and even seemingly naive and ditzy "retired" man. he likes to act dumb and spacey and talk about unimportant things because he fully believes that ignorance is bliss and that is exactly what he wants.
goals for elijah//
- new hobbies: the guy can only run around and sleep for so long.
- bonfire party: this may have to wait until summer, but elijah is totally the guy who would try to throw a hugeass bonfire party with marshmallows and alcohol and chocolate.
- get attacked by an animal: because they hate him. all of them.
raccoon encounter: he's got this awful fear of raccoons, so walking home (or to the bar, whatever) one night and running into one? all hell breakin' loose. done! willing to do more in the future, though.
- friends: bunches and bunches of friends. he's super nice, super easygoing, and never gets angry -- how could you resist?
- people who don't respect him: elijah doesn't really show hate for anyone, but i can see a handful of people looking down on him for his inactive lifestyle.
- one-sided dislike: he's trying to turn a new leaf and be a naive, nice guy so the last thing elijah wants to do is make enemies. that means he'll (try to) suck it up no matter how annoying you are -- could be interesting.
- pretty gals: part of a laid-back lifestyle is freely messing around with women now and then, no?
- dying dreams: someone, preferably a future close friend, could witness him having one of his dramatic dying dreams. could make for a deeper roleplay.
- his past: should be revealed to friends or something eventually (meaning, sometime far, faaar into the future).
this is leo. he always has a half-frown on his face and people often fall into thinking that he doesn't like them. this is untrue. the fact of the matter is, he is just constantly bored. he has a bland-as-dirt job, no incredible feature of which he can see, and he basically doesn't feel like there's any excitement in his life. though he isn't a pushover by any means, his "i don't care" mentality leads leo to basically going with whatever people want. you wanna be friends? start a band? date? cool. anything goes.
goals for leo//
- new job: he's a mailman -- the most unexciting "profession" on the island. one day, i want him to grow out of this.
- clowning around: i don't know where a clown can be found on the island, but leo is one of those few with an unnecessary fear of them. and i love to expose my characters' fears, buahahha.
- sisters: he has three very girly, very horrifying sisters. i would love for them to visit sometime and have threads where they pester him and the other islanders.
- date misunderstandings: if a girl were to ask leo on a date, he'd say yes. if she asked if they wanted to make the title "official"? yes again -- he's a bit of a yes man and that can cause some awkward tension when it's all found out.
- friends: leo needs pals. he's a good guy to be around and he never really dislikes anyone, so.
- people that don't like him: there are bond to be a few scattered throughout the island.
this zuleika. she was born on saffron island but was a rebellious, stupid, and trouble-making 15-year-old and ended up running away with an older guy. five years later. she's still as dumb-witted as she always was, still impulsive, but much more crude and informal. she's a good person at heart and naturally accepts and gets along with everyone, though i doubt all the villagers' are going to share her perspective seeing as she's kind of out there.
goals for zuzu//
- last cig: she smokes, but she's jobless, broke, and homeless so she's bound to run out. perhaps another fellow saffron smoker will care to help her out?
- bees!: her biggest fear, though it's pretty irrational as she's never had a bad encounter with them. will be fun to have her freak out sometime.
- we party everyday: no job, no home, she's basically what we in today's world would call a "f#ck up". her solution? get drunk. go party.
- washing up: while she's still homeless, i really want her to take a bath at the hot springs while drying her clothes on the tree limbs. could be fun.
- one-sided friendships: although zuleika isn't exactly pushy, she does her best to make everyone feel accepted. i can see her liking someone who isn't much interested in her.
- disrespect: i'm expecting that she'll be judged for her way of dressing/talking.
- pals: cuz everyone needs 'em!
- pretty boys: crushes, flings, drunken decisions, throw 'em at me. zu's got no sense of personal space or awkwardness.
- old friends/enemies: people who grew up on saffron island -- definitely hit me up to plot with whether they would've gotten along or not!